Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,377 members, 7,836,535 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 09:33 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (6805) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8794843 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6802) (6803) (6804) (6805) (6806) (6807) (6808) ... (14182) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elrony(m): 10:11am On Jul 10, 2019
Leyqute:

Clearly you’re oblivious of the existence of Utd’s academy and are blind to other aspects of the club apart from Paul Pogba and the first team.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-COQXkHifI

You see that kid that glides all over the pitch and can shoot from any angle with both feet? That’s Mason Greenwood. Google him. undecided

If na to believe fake news and follow bandwagon now, you go carry placard like those illiterate pro-COZA protesters.

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nitrogen(m): 10:36am On Jul 10, 2019
KingTom:

Greenwood? Ok I hope so too bro I hope so too.

Greenwood grin grin wetin man no go see

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

This post is fuvking funny!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by obainojazz(m): 10:39am On Jul 10, 2019
Leyqute:

Clearly you’re oblivious of the existence of Utd’s academy and are blind to other aspects of the club apart from Paul Pogba and the first team.

You see that kid that glides all over the pitch and can shoot from any angle with both feet? That’s Mason Greenwood. Google him. undecided

If na to believe fake news and follow bandwagon now, you go carry placard like those illiterate pro-COZA protesters.
I hope with James and Greenwood.. Our right wing problem is settled.. But I suspect Ole will play Lingard and Mata there.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by KingTom(m): 10:59am On Jul 10, 2019
Leyqute:

Glides over the pitch? Shoots with both feet? I hope so bro I hope so.

Shoots from any angle grin grin Glides over the pitch grin e don reach to call person illiterate? Wetin man no go see grin

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 11:00am On Jul 10, 2019
obainojazz:
I hope with James and Greenwood.. Our right wing problem is settled.. But I suspect Ole will play Lingard and Mata there.
James isn't a RW from what I have seen of him, he is more of a LW. I however hope he does quite as well on the RW just as I am counting on Greenwood and Chong to at least make that position their own.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 11:01am On Jul 10, 2019
obainojazz:

Me too. I don’t think Mata will get many chances though. I think he’ll play regularly if those kids fail to live up to expectations.

I don’t know about Lingard. Could be a part player that helps with the press in the first half and gets subbed out in the second.

I don’t see what he offers except for his athleticism. But at some point in the season we will need every fresh leg we can find so throwing them away now isn’t ideal.

The only players I think are assured of a starting place are De Gea, AWB, Lindelof, Shaw, Pogba and Rashford.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 11:08am On Jul 10, 2019
patrickmuf:
James isn't a RW from what I have seen of him, he is more of a LW. I however hope he does quite as well on the RW just as I am counting on Greenwood and Chong to at least make that position their own.

I’ve seen him leave the left for the right in matches. That famous solo goal he scored in the FA Cup was from the right.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Chrisus(m): 11:26am On Jul 10, 2019
obainojazz:

Let him play Lingard there, Greenwood is a centre forward.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by DeadPresidents: 11:33am On Jul 10, 2019
Hope we get some fodder teams in the Europa league so we can use them to properly launch Mason and Gomes just like Midtjylland was used to launch Rashford. Won't mind the likes of Ferencvarosi cheesy grin grin

I think Mason needs to improve his shooting range and power, if he could cultivate his shooting abilities to rival at Rashford's we could have a real threat on our hands. I mean this is a nigga that scored two free kicks in one match with both left and right.

However, I hope he is ready to make a statement when his chance comes. Making it at the top level required more than just talent at play. Already, he seems to possess a better football brain than our current attacking lineup (with exception of Mata). Was particularly impressed with how well he played against Arsenal as he never gave away possession and seemed so mature in his decision making.

I believe our next crop of great players will spring from the academy.

Make the current first team members continue to do sme-sme
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by JayKayMaybachz(m): 11:41am On Jul 10, 2019
Ole’s presser recap:

- No bids for any Utd player
- Active in the market
- Media agenda against Pogba
- Lots of players who will be successful
- Greenwood will play more
- No fight between Jesse & Paul
- Hopeful over new De Gea contract
- Utd don’t have to sell & overpay.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elrony(m): 11:48am On Jul 10, 2019
JayKayMaybachz:
Ole’s presser recap:

- No bids for any Utd player
- Active in the market
- Media agenda against Pogba
- Lots of players who will be successful
- Greenwood will play more
- No fight between Jesse & Paul
- Hopeful over new De Gea contract
- Utd don’t have to sell & overpay.

We are definitely not getting new signings, looking like it!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by JayKayMaybachz(m): 12:07pm On Jul 10, 2019
elrony:

For sure.. But he said we don't have to overpay for players.. That's the mistake Man Utd made in the past which has really affected us... And they're after players of certain age range..
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by JayKayMaybachz(m): 12:09pm On Jul 10, 2019
Jose Mourinho on the Glazers:

"In my case, at #mufc, it is different. I am lucky to have stable intelligent owners who understand the English mentality in terms of the project & patience"

.. Must be a puppet.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by KingTom(m): 12:26pm On Jul 10, 2019
nitrogen:

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

This post is fuvking funny!
grin grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by iamharkinwaley: 12:27pm On Jul 10, 2019
elrony:

Hmm no signings, Pogba, Mctominay, lethargic Matic and Fred.

Are these all we could boast of in our midfield??
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by KingTom(m): 12:30pm On Jul 10, 2019
elrony:

From the look of things, no grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elrony(m): 12:35pm On Jul 10, 2019
JayKayMaybachz:

For sure.. But he said we don't have to overpay for players.. That's the mistake Man Utd made in the past which has really affected us... And they're after players of certain age range..

I see failure looming, I hope it's cataractscheesy grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elrony(m): 12:36pm On Jul 10, 2019
iamharkinwaley:

Hmm no signings, Pogba, Mctominay, lethargic Matic and Fred.

Are these all we could boast of in our midfield??

Looking like it
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elrony(m): 12:36pm On Jul 10, 2019
KingTom:
From the look of things, no grin

Gbetiti!!! cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by KingTom(m): 12:41pm On Jul 10, 2019
elrony:

Gbetiti!!! cheesy cheesy cheesy
We'll surprise the world, grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by obainojazz(m): 12:44pm On Jul 10, 2019
Leyqute:

Me too. I don’t think Mata will get many chances though. I think he’ll play regularly if those kids fail to live up to expectations.

I don’t know about Lingard. Could be a part player that helps with the press in the first half and gets subbed out in the second.

I don’t see what he offers except for his athleticism. But at some point in the season we will need every fresh leg we can find so throwing them away now isn’t ideal.

The only players I think are assured of a starting place are De Gea, AWB, Lindelof, Shaw, Pogba and Rashford.
Can't wait to see Pogba's through balls to James.. At least, that one no dey run pass ball.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by obainojazz(m): 12:46pm On Jul 10, 2019
patrickmuf:
James should be better than any of our players in that position.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by obainojazz(m): 12:48pm On Jul 10, 2019
Chrisus:

Let him play Lingard there, Greenwood is a centre forward.
I know Lingard is greater than hazard... But he shouldn't be our main starter cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by JayKayMaybachz(m): 12:54pm On Jul 10, 2019
elrony:

I see failure looming, I hope it's cataractscheesy grin grin

grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by KingTom(m): 12:58pm On Jul 10, 2019
obainojazz:
I know Lingard is greater than hazard... But he shouldn't be our main starter cheesy
You don start grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 1:00pm On Jul 10, 2019
Ed Woodward has welcomed Juventus' interest in Romelu Lukaku ‘with a smile on his lips’ - allowing him to stand his ground on the club's asking fee.

- Sport Witness

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by JayKayMaybachz(m): 1:00pm On Jul 10, 2019
OGS: "We're still in the market and looking to do some business, as I've said before. But we're patient."
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 1:17pm On Jul 10, 2019
"He [Greenw] has grown over the summer and I think his confidence has grown a lot since the Cardiff game, too."

Ole Gunnar Solksjaer
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 1:26pm On Jul 10, 2019
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 1:46pm On Jul 10, 2019
obainojazz:
Can't wait to see Pogba's through balls to James.. At least, that one no dey run pass ball.

This!

The only runner willing to get behind defenders in the team last season was Rashford. Dan James loves getting behind defenders, like Sane of City. As a defender, once he accelerates before you na 2nd you go carry.

The lad can be lethal and I do hope he assists and scores lots of goals.

Remember the Berbatov—> Valencia—> Rooney goal pattern?

Maybe we can get a Pogba—>Dan James—> Rashford one.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 1:47pm On Jul 10, 2019
Leyqute:

I’ve seen him leave the left for the right in matches. That famous solo goal he scored in the FA Cup was from the right.

Well, hopefully he'll nail down that position. My only fear is that at United, nobody will afford him such space.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Chrisus(m): 2:00pm On Jul 10, 2019
The audacity to even suggest this.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6802) (6803) (6804) (6805) (6806) (6807) (6808) ... (14182) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 8 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.