Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,495 members, 7,819,806 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:05 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (6830) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8741350 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6827) (6828) (6829) (6830) (6831) (6832) (6833) ... (14155) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 4:39pm On Jul 19, 2019
codedguy1:

This midfield still get as e be oo.we can do better.
Don't expect any more for now
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 4:55pm On Jul 19, 2019
eph12:

Then let the MF run down their contracts bitcch

Darmian’s contract ends 2020, Rojo’s 2021, Smalling’s 2022, and Jones’ 2023.

Plus they are all on money that other clubs won’t pay them.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Lana1(m): 5:04pm On Jul 19, 2019
afrodoc2:

But those guys can still be sold now. It's all about the club letting them know they are no longer needed and they wont have a choice but to take pay cuts elsewhere.

Smalling and Jones still fit find work for those kind Leeds and Swansea.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by tenmariner: 5:07pm On Jul 19, 2019
ChristoBam:

I read other questions directed at other managers and they are quite different from the ones directed at Ole cuz they know he likes to talk and will definitely reply them. Sometimes you ask Ole just a simple question about what he expects in a game and he goes to talk about the Old times and SAF, tactics and everything. So I understand what the guy criticizing him is saying.

I'm not criticizing Ole for being loquacious. But I feel he needs to tune down some of these things he talks about on what to expect next season( style of play and everything).

I Even thank God he has stopped talking about the 1999 champions league final..

6 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 5:14pm On Jul 19, 2019
afrodoc2:

The ones they gave new contracts recently?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 5:24pm On Jul 19, 2019
eph12:

The ones they gave new contracts recently?

Yes. Woodward is a real donkey. Making decisions based almost solely on business and not considering the football side of things.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 5:34pm On Jul 19, 2019
Inter Milan are willing to pay £60m up front for Romelu Lukaku, with another £15m in add-ons. United want about £80m.

- Times
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 5:41pm On Jul 19, 2019
grin

The drillings no be joke o! Fred sef don feel am after the Honeymoon.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 5:59pm On Jul 19, 2019
Recap;

Solskjær: "Can Alexis play the centre-forward role for Manchester United? The way we hope we are going to play, it doesn’t have to be a 6ft4 striker, so Alexis can be part of that forward line.”
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 6:00pm On Jul 19, 2019
Solskjær wants Rashford or Martial to lead a more mobile strike-force. He doesn't think Lukaku is sharp enough.

- Times

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 6:09pm On Jul 19, 2019
afrodoc2:

Yes. Woodward is a real donkey. Making decisions based almost solely on business and not considering the football side of things.
I'm fed up of that guy. OGS gave the go ahead for those contract renewals. I just hope he ends well
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 7:12pm On Jul 19, 2019
Nice [training] Goal from Fred!

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 7:12pm On Jul 19, 2019
David Ornstein: "Despite the noises coming out of Pogba and Mino Raiola, Manchester United will never be bullied. They will never sell when they don't want to. The guy's under a long-term contract. I think we can pour a little bit of cold water on this one."

- BBC
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by codedguy1(m): 8:02pm On Jul 19, 2019
eph12:

Don't expect any more for now

If we don't get any more, preferably a marquee signing then the likes of Fred and Tom need to come to the party as supermen or the tail end of the season might just be like last season and we all know how unpleasant that was.

I just think the midfield is short on experience and even personnel.

Let's wait and see sha.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Ravioli(m): 8:16pm On Jul 19, 2019
codedguy1:

If we don't get any more, preferably a marquee signing then the likes of Fred and Tom need to come to the party as supermen or the tail end of the season might just be like last season and we all know how unpleasant that was.

I just think the midfield is short on experience and even personnel.

Let's wait and see sha.

You guys can assume sha. The manager has mentioned severely that Utd are still in the market and are still trying to sign one or 2 players before the TW is closed.. The selling clubs are trying to milk us.. And we are trying to negotiate good to avoid over paying. It took Juve weeks to sign deligt even Griezmann
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by codedguy1(m): 8:23pm On Jul 19, 2019
Ravioli:

You guys can assume sha. The manager has mentioned severely that Utd are still in the market and are still trying to sign one or 2 players before the TW is closed.. The selling clubs are trying to milk us.. And we are trying to negotiate good to avoid over paying. It took Juve weeks to sign deligt even Griezmann

The fact that OGS talks about still trying to sign 1 or 2 players is not a guaranty that it will happen.

What is the meaning of the assume you are talking about. Did you not see my last statement "let's wait and see" knowing the TW is not over.

Try and comprehend before assuming.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by LostMyZeal(m): 9:09pm On Jul 19, 2019
go slow MUFC

OGS and co be giving us bubu style cry
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 11:45pm On Jul 19, 2019
David Ornstein: "Some of the reports i've seen in the last couple of days suggest that maybe Manchester United are already starting to look for a more affordable option [to Harry Maguire]."

- BBC
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 11:46pm On Jul 19, 2019
Steve Bruce on Longstaff: “He’s the type of player you want to build your team around, I’ve only seen him for a day, but he has had an unbelievable rise. Very much reminds me of a Michael Carrick. I’m not aware that he’s going to United, I’m not aware of that at all.”

- MEN

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Botfuss: 3:24am On Jul 20, 2019
Well done oasis!!!

I owe you two bottles of orijin for your timely updates.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by paafin(m): 5:06am On Jul 20, 2019
Oasis007:
Steve Bruce on Longstaff: “He’s the type of player you want to build your team around, I’ve only seen him for a day, but he has had an unbelievable rise. Very much reminds me of a Michael Carrick. I’m not aware that he’s going to United, I’m not aware of that at all.”

- MEN
James Garner also plays like Micheal Carrick. He just have to work on his physique and Awareness and he's good to go as well..
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Dafemich(m): 7:39am On Jul 20, 2019
well done Oasis. You are one of the reason I came to this thread
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by CrystalTiger(m): 8:44am On Jul 20, 2019
I've really been impressed with Pogba honestly..Maybe he's truly a boy at heart..I actually thought he'd be giving attitude problems by now but he's been very professional which surprises me..He might be our captain this season as I think Young would be the kind of captain Valencia was last season..

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 9:39am On Jul 20, 2019
Oasis007:

- MEN

Clearly he doesn’t want Longstaff and won’t play him. He only wants Man Utd to buy an unproven 21-year old with less than 10 EPL games under his belt for at least 50m.

SMH.

IDK why it’s taking this long to sign Bruno Fernandes TBVH

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 10:07am On Jul 20, 2019
Ole: “Us as a team together and if the focus is right, everyone has been spot on this season and when they're out on the pitch you can't fault anyone. When we've got meetings they’re more proactive in meetings so I’m very encouraged."

- MEN

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 10:08am On Jul 20, 2019
Solskjær: “It will cause everyone a challenge, of course the humidity, and you lose so much fluid so we have got to be very good at replacing that fluid when we work. It is another stepping stone on the pre-season and when they feel this they will feel good after.”

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 10:08am On Jul 20, 2019
Solskjær: “I think David [De Gea] is better, he trained to see if he got any reaction. I don't think we are going to see Rom.”

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 10:09am On Jul 20, 2019
Solskjær: “Fred and Matteo [Darmian] have joined up so let's see where they are at. They have been training by themselves, which is different, so they have joined our training and they might be involved in the game.”
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 10:09am On Jul 20, 2019
Solskjær: "Yeah, of course [he admires Antonio Conte]. He is another one who has won the league at Chelsea, the way he played his 3-4-3 system there and the way he utilised Hazard, I think he was the first manager that played that over a season."
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 10:10am On Jul 20, 2019
Solskjær: "I sat next to him [Antonio Conte] at a dinner over the summer and had a great chat. Of course, he was a great player and you can see the way he manages his teams, with the energy he gives the team, both with Italy, Chelsea and probably now Inter as well."
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 10:11am On Jul 20, 2019
Ole: “Young players? It is just a matter of seeing them against good teams with the first-team players. We know they are talented. I have no doubt that we will see loads of them this year and the years to come.”

(1) (2) (3) ... (6827) (6828) (6829) (6830) (6831) (6832) (6833) ... (14155) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: Joezinho, kizolo(m) and 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.