Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,289 members, 7,836,276 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:50 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (6828) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8793301 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6825) (6826) (6827) (6828) (6829) (6830) (6831) ... (14182) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristoBam: 5:41pm On Jul 18, 2019
afrodoc2:

So it is until he clenches his pari like Samanja and starts insulting every body before you will know he is serious.

Seems some of you guys crave being stressed and unhappy. What is the next thing? Criticize his hair cut?

I read other questions directed at other managers and they are quite different from the ones directed at Ole cuz they know he likes to talk and will definitely reply them. Sometimes you ask Ole just a simple question about what he expects in a game and he goes to talk about the Old times and SAF, tactics and everything. So I understand what the guy criticizing him is saying.

I'm not criticizing Ole for being loquacious. But I feel he needs to tune down some of these things he talks about on what to expect next season( style of play and everything).

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by iheanyi40(m): 6:00pm On Jul 18, 2019
Leyqute:

Nope. Smalling is only fitter and gets injured less often.
that makes him better na grin grin
Abi no b Jones wey de always injure himself 4 training cheesy how can u b a good player wen u can't stay fit and save ur career

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 6:44pm On Jul 18, 2019
James Cooper on Ander Herrera: "I got a little bit annoyed with Manchester United fans who suddenly made him out to be a Roy Keane - simply because he runs around and covers lots of grass.

"I like the guy and I think he's a good player but I don't think he's Manchester United player, or a lynchpin Manchester United player who you build a side around - he almost became a little bit of a myth."

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 6:46pm On Jul 18, 2019
James Cooper on Marcos Rojo: "He came across as the Argentinian assassin and he became like, a puppy. It'd be lovely if he got a yellow card every now and then so we see something. He probably goes [leaves Manchester United]
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 6:47pm On Jul 18, 2019
ChristoBam:

I read other questions directed at other managers and they are quite different from the ones directed at Ole cuz they know he likes to talk and will definitely reply them. Sometimes you ask Ole just a simple question about what he expects in a game and he goes to talk about the Old times and SAF, tactics and everything. So I understand what the guy criticizing him is saying.

I'm not criticizing Ole for being loquacious. But I feel he needs to tune down some of these things he talks about on what to expect next season( style of play and everything).

Fair point.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 6:49pm On Jul 18, 2019
James Cooper on Daniel James: "He's knitted into the Manchester United dressing room really, really quickly. I watched training yesterday and he's clearly someone who's holding his own there.

"He's not the biggest of kids, and he's young but there's a lot of mutual respect there. I think he's one to look forward to in the future."

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 6:50pm On Jul 18, 2019
James Cooper on De Gea: "He'll sign a contract within two or three weeks."
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 6:51pm On Jul 18, 2019
James Cooper on Lukaku: "They [Manchester United] know Antonio Conte is desperate to have him, so that gives you a lot of strength in the negotiating - I think it's inevitable [joining Inter Milan]."
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 6:52pm On Jul 18, 2019
James Cooper on Greenwood: "Last season he was slight, he wasn't much bigger than me. He's come back [to pre-season] and he looks like a bloke now - people behind-the-scenes really like him."
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by emitope: 8:47pm On Jul 18, 2019
I agree with you.
ChristoBam:

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by melodyogonna(m): 9:03pm On Jul 18, 2019
Real baller. underrate at your own peril. Greenwood scores like someone deranged BTW
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bb3KI5pJAmY
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 10:33pm On Jul 18, 2019
Andreas on Pogba: “It is great [to train and play with him] - just in the group he is a great person. It will be very important if he stays with us. He is a very good player and top class as a person as well."

“I learn from him [Pogba] everyday. He is one of my closest friends, I have been here with him since 16, so he is like family to me. I might have to steal his phone so he doesn’t speak to anyone!”

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 10:36pm On Jul 18, 2019
Bryan Robson on the Pogba situation: “One thing fans should realise is sometimes agents get involved and say things that don’t come from the player. Players should concentrate on their own careers and make their own decisions rather than rely on agents."

“It’s your career – you do what you think is right. He’s a great player. He should concentrate on that. He’s contracted to #mufc and he should concentrate on playing for Manchester United.”
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 10:37pm On Jul 18, 2019
Andreas Pereira: "I feel strong, I feel that I can step up. I feel that I have to take my chance now and I will be ready to take it this season. I have a lot more to show.

"I feel strong, I feel that I can step up. I feel that I have to take my chance now and I will be ready to take it this season. I have a lot more to show.”
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by lekkie073(m): 7:51am On Jul 19, 2019
Oasis007:

grin

Everyone knows, but how does his comment relate to the Post he quoted?! How many Betting Firms are on the List?! Combine all their Deals together, it's not close to Chevrolet Deal alone.

So how are they possibly influencing the Game?
let me just chip in some things here.
The same way it is difficult to prove the existence of heaven so it is to prove the existence of fixing matches. Stakeholders in football have diverse benefits they look forward to.
Spectators want to enjoy the game. They pay

Footballers want to make money. They are paid

Club owners want to make money. They are paid

Refereees want to make money. They are paid

Bettin companies want to make money. So they pursuade spectators to go the extra mile to gamble.

If you are yet to see the picture, then let me go a bit further...

All other stakeholders are banking on the spectators' money to keep on going. They want to get more money from spectators through gambling.

A match between mancity (1.20) vs wolves (7.30)
The bookmaker expects 95% of gamblers to go for mancity. However, the bookmakers by virtue of their stake in the game have been given just one game in 380 games to influence. They communicate with the FA that this is the game they want to use to wreck the stakers. The FA calls in a trusted executioner (professional referee) who is aware of the job at hand.

All the executioner needs to do is to discourage mancity players and encourage wolves players with the manner he goes about with the officiating. The slim chance of wolves winning in suddenly increased by his actions. At the end of the day, the spectators and stakera will yell any or a mixture of the lines below:

The referee killed the match
The referee is madt
The officiating was poor
The penalty awarded to wolves was not worth it
Mancity should have gotten two penalties
Wolves defender should have seen red
That mancity defender's tackle was not a red card offence
The wolves striker dived but referee signal led a penalty
The mancity striker was wrongly accused and booked for diving.

At the end of the day, wolves wins, the bookmakers have taken their pound of flesh for the season and mancity will be given the three points back either by:
Favoring them in a future match or
Making their rivals go through such nightmare too at a point in time within the 38 game days.

This is just to let you have a brief idea of how technically easy it is for those who are paid to swindle those who are paying by conspiring together.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Ravioli(m): 8:39am On Jul 19, 2019
lekkie073:
The same way it is difficult to prove the existence of heaven so it is to prove the existence of fixing matches. Stakeholders in football have diverse benefits they look forward to.

Bettin companies want to make money. So they pursuade spectators to go the extra mile to gamble.

All other stakeholders are banking on the spectators' money to keep on going. They want to get more money from spectators through gambling.

The bookmaker expects 95% of gamblers to go for mancity. However, the bookmakers by virtue of their stake in the game have been given just one game in 380 games to influence. They communicate with the FA that this is the game they want to use to wreck the stakers. The FA calls in a trusted executioner (professional referee) who is aware of the job at hand.

All the executioner needs to do is to discourage mancity players and encourage wolves players with the manner he goes about with the officiating. The slim chance of wolves winning in suddenly increased by his actions. At the end of the day, the spectators and stakera will yell any or a mixture of the lines below:

The referee is madt
The officiating was poor

At the end of the day, wolves wins, the bookmakers have taken their place pound of flesh for the season and mancity will be given the three points back either by:
Making their rivals go through such nightmare too at a point in time within the 38 game days.

This is just to let you have a brief idea of how technically easy it is for those who are paid to swindle those who are paying by conspiring together.

Wehdone
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 9:26am On Jul 19, 2019
Ole: “Martial can be a world class forward. I think if you follow the last few seasons, the way he’s come back to pre-season now, his attitude is spot on. There’s a couple of instances you can see a new Anthony in the way he works for the team. The work rate is improving.”
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 9:29am On Jul 19, 2019
Ole: “We see the Europa League as a great opportunity to give youngsters chance and win a trophy. It’s a way to qualify for the Champions League. We’ll go all out to win it because it’s a big trophy.”
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 9:29am On Jul 19, 2019
Ole: “We’re working on one or two cases [Transfer], my objective here is to get ready for the games and sessions.”
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 9:30am On Jul 19, 2019
Solskjær on replacing Herrera: "We are working on putting a squad together which can compete, we have lots of ways which can play."
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 9:31am On Jul 19, 2019
Solskjær: "I am looking to get everyone to get their form back to when we first came in. It is not just about Pogba, it is about all of us as a team. Everyone has been spot on in pre-season in training and the games. I have been very encouraged."
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 9:32am On Jul 19, 2019
Ole on Squad Rotation against Inter Milan: “We’ll give players, some 45, some 60-70. It’s another stepping stone. We’re not planning to swap all eleven this time.”
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 9:33am On Jul 19, 2019
Solskjær: "The start of the season is important, I don’t think many of these players have had a pre-season like this in many years. In the first eight or ten games you don’t win anything but you can lose the chance to win anything."
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 9:33am On Jul 19, 2019
Ole: “The transfer window will close when the league starts. I don’t think many of these players have had a pre-season like this the last two-three seasons. For us, in the first 8-10 games, you don’t win anything, but you can lose the chance to win things.”
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 9:34am On Jul 19, 2019
melodyogonna:
Real baller. underrate at your own peril.
Greenwood scores like someone deranged BTW

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bb3KI5pJAmY
If one of Angel Gomes, Chong, Garner or Greenwood achieve their full potential, then we would be very lucky cos these guys have got real talent. Chong is very explosive and tricky while running, he reminds me more of Giggs than Daniel James.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by melodyogonna(m): 9:46am On Jul 19, 2019
lekkie073:

The referee is madt
The officiating was poor

At the end of the day, wolves wins, the bookmakers have taken their pound of flesh for the season and mancity will be given the three points back either by:

Nonsense.
Bookmakers make money regardless of whether your game won or lost. They make money by giving imperfect odds.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 10:11am On Jul 19, 2019
Rob Dawson: "United training at the National Stadium in Singapore ahead of game against Inter tomorrow. Lukaku not part of the group. Darmian and Fred have joined up."
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 10:28am On Jul 19, 2019
Oasis007:
Rob Dawson: "United training at the National Stadium in Singapore ahead of game against Inter tomorrow. Lukaku not part of the group. Darmian and Fred have joined up."
Inter should conclude the deal or Bleep off, their sluggishness is affecting our other deals.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Elxandre(m): 10:55am On Jul 19, 2019
When are we going to get a RIGHT WINGER ffs!!!

Are we going to play Lingard and Mata there this season again?
They aren't pursuing a single right winger. Ole and Woodward are insane for this!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 11:17am On Jul 19, 2019
I don't think we are getting another striker to replace Lukaku if he leaves. OGS will want to make do with Martial, Rashy and Greenword
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by adebayo201: 11:35am On Jul 19, 2019
eph12:
I don't think we are getting another striker to replace Lukaku if he leaves. OGS will want to make do with Martial, Rashy and Greenword

You're indeed wise. With the way he's praising Martial new attitude, giving more game time to Greenwood and saying he can play in any position at the final third, I'm suspecting that too.

Martial, Rashford, Greenwood, Dan James and if at all Lingard will lead the front three positions.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 11:47am On Jul 19, 2019
You all forgot the pianist. Sanchez is still here.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (6825) (6826) (6827) (6828) (6829) (6830) (6831) ... (14182) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: Colson(m) and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.