Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,445 members, 7,819,646 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:50 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (6931) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8739744 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6928) (6929) (6930) (6931) (6932) (6933) (6934) ... (14150) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by timay(m): 9:05pm On Aug 17, 2019
jstbeinhonest:

Trash, they brought up 5 or 6 incidents on selected games, Did you see their generated table? Read the article.

There is no way Liverpool would have had more points than they gained last season with VAR. If VAR was available City would have won against Wolves, Pool would have ;lost to Spurs and beaten Arsenal.

There were many incidents last year for both sides, but Liverpool sure were luckier.

Im all for VAR, but that report was ridiculous and Im suprised you believed it. I read it last week and knew it was trash.

It was probably written by a Pro-Liverpool Journalist if Liverpool fan. Anything to justify the fact that they bottled the league, just like during the Gerrard era
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by adebayo201: 9:15pm On Aug 17, 2019
GloryIsaac:

There's a tech they might implement soon concerning situations like offside... where the player boots will have sensors which are connected to those on the lines... if the sensor on the attacker's boot is ahead of the sensors on the last defending opponent's boot before the passer's sensor hits the ball, it's automatically offside, no arguments.

VAR is just the beginning, because you still have to rely on the Refree's intuition to decide if a goal stands or not, or penalty etc.

This might not work oh. Which kind sensor? Can't sensor become malfunction? Remember the Liverpool vs Norwich match where the linesman can't hear the referee clearly that it took them about 5 minutes to sort it out.

Let's put that side by side with the sensor. If we're the opponents and we're facing our own goal, trying to defend an attacker what will the sensor reads??

They should not complicate this thing on the platter of transparency. They'll only rubbish it the more.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 9:45pm On Aug 17, 2019
adebayo201:

This might not work oh. Which kind sensor? Can't sensor become malfunction? Remember the Liverpool vs Norwich match where the linesman can't hear the referee clearly that it took them about 5 minutes to sort it out.

Let's put that side by side with the sensor. If we're the opponents and we're facing our own goal, trying to defend an attacker what will the sensor reads??

They should not complicate this thing on the platter of transparency. They'll only rubbish it the more.

I don't understand the question....

Anyway, expect more tech in football sha cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by mcgift(m): 10:06pm On Aug 17, 2019
Which player should I use for gameweek 3

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by larride(m): 10:30pm On Aug 17, 2019
mcgift:
Which player should I use for gameweek 3

Run far away from Liverpool defenders if you know what’s good for you.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 10:42pm On Aug 17, 2019
larride:

Arsenal's attack is deadly grin grin

And with Adrian as keeper, clean sheet chances reduced to 10%.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by mcgift(m): 10:46pm On Aug 17, 2019
larride:

Thank you that's also my thought
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by airmark(m): 12:02am On Aug 18, 2019
oasis007, ignore the player in the image below, read the texts.

cheesy cheesy cheesy

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 1:59am On Aug 18, 2019
patrickmuf:
Alderweireld made just that one mistake, he was Spurs best defender. I even think Sanchez should have cut out that cross if he was well positioned.

Maybe Sanchez should’ve stopped the cross. Maybe not. AlderW Was inches away from Aguero and slacked. No respectable defender should allow a striker get in front of them that way.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Dathypebruv(m): 2:00am On Aug 18, 2019
Leyqute:

Maybe Sanchez should’ve stopped the cross. Maybe not. AlderW Was inches away from Aguero and slacked. No respectable defender should allow a striker get in front of them that way.
Bros you nor dey sleep sef?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 2:02am On Aug 18, 2019
Dathypebruv:

Bros you nor dey sleep sef?

Bros, are you a monitoring spirit?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 2:04am On Aug 18, 2019
patrickmuf:
Alderweireld made just that one mistake, he was Spurs best defender. I even think Sanchez should have cut out that cross if he was well positioned.

I don’t have anything against AlderW, I just think his best days are behind him. Like Eriksen
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Dathypebruv(m): 2:32am On Aug 18, 2019
Leyqute:

Bros, are you a monitoring spirit?
Oma....you na my ogume na
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 4:17am On Aug 18, 2019
airmark:
oasis007, ignore the player in the image below, read the texts.

cheesy cheesy cheesy

grin

Oh! I need Glasses to read the Texts, but I can see the Player clearly! AWB the Spider!

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 4:21am On Aug 18, 2019
"Inter Milan, through an agent, began to speak to Manchester United about Alexis Sanchez today. Personal terms already agreed with the operation based off a loan + option to buy.

- Di Marzio
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 4:22am On Aug 18, 2019
Alexis Sanchez is willing to sacrifice some of his £500,000-a-week wages to join Inter Milan. It has already been agreed with Giuseppe Marotta that he will earn a little less than Romelu Lukaku's salary.

- Mail
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 4:23am On Aug 18, 2019
Solskjaer has Rashford and Martial on extra training sessions together to help develop their understanding. The manager is convinced the pair can form a deadly partnership.

- Sun
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 4:24am On Aug 18, 2019
Alexis Sanchez is on the verge of a move to Inter Milan after United gave him permission to speak to the club.

- Mail
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 4:25am On Aug 18, 2019
Inter Milan want to sign Alexis Sanchez on an initial 12 month loan for £4.5m and then pay a further £16.5m for a second-season loan. Manchester United want £22m up-front.

- Mail
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 4:25am On Aug 18, 2019
Alexis Sanchez could become an Inter Milan player in the next 24 hours. He's keen to join and has permission from Manchester United to speak to them.

- Mail
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 4:26am On Aug 18, 2019
A loan deal with an option to buy is on the table for Alexis Sanchez and it is now down to United and Inter Milan to agree the move.

- Fabrizio Romano
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 4:27am On Aug 18, 2019
Alexis Sanchez has agreed personal terms with Inter Milan and his agent is flying out for talks with United.

- Di Marzio
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 4:27am On Aug 18, 2019
Inter Milan's representatives are in the UK to hold talks with Manchester United over the transfer of Alexis Sanchez, according to Sky in Italy.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 6:41am On Aug 18, 2019
Oasis007:
Inter Milan's representatives are in the UK to hold talks with Manchester United over the transfer of Alexis Sanchez, according to Sky in Italy.

But, but Alexis is working hard to regain fitness and is in Ole's plans now. LOL

Seriously though I hope Ole is not making things harder for himself. From midfield to attack compared to last season we would have lost Alexis, Lukaku, Fellaini, Herrera and replaced with academy prospects and Daniel James.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by DeadPresidents: 7:34am On Aug 18, 2019
afrodoc2:

But, but Alexis is working hard to regain fitness and is in Ole's plans now. LOL

Seriously though I hope Ole is not making things harder for himself. From midfield to attack compared to last season we would have lost Alexis, Lukaku, Fellaini, Herrera and replaced with academy prospects and Daniel James.

The only players who left with no adequate replacements for me are Herrera & Lukaku.

I'd have loved us to get an energetic B2B midfielder as a Herrera replacement incase village people start dancing with the Brazilian tellytubby at night again.

I'd also have loved a cheap, experienced striker who is willing to play a backup role as a way of increasing striking depth.

But Sanchez? Put Phil Jones upfront and he'll replicate the Chilean's poverty numbers with relative ease.

I think United will need to bring in an attacker by January. An injury to Rash or Martial and we're well and truly fecked as we'll have to force Greenwood & Gomes to step up almost immediately.

While I don't see that as a bad thing, that's gambling though but we've always toyed with fate at United.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by pharod(m): 7:53am On Aug 18, 2019
DeadPresidents:

The only players who left with no adequate replacements for me are Herrera & Lukaku.

I'd have loved us to get an energetic B2B midfielder as a Herrera replacement incase village people start dancing with the Brazilian tellytubby at night again.

I'd also have loved a cheap, experienced striker who is willing to play a backup role as a way of increasing striking depth.

But Sanchez? Put Phil Jones upfront and he'll replicate the Chilean's poverty numbers with relative ease.

I think United will need to bring in an attacker by January. An injury to Rash or Martial and we're well and truly fecked as we'll have to force Greenwood & Gomes to step up almost immediately.

While I don't see that as a bad thing, that's gambling though but we've always toyed with fate at United.

Bruhhh... This level of savagery must be what killed the DeadPresidents cheesy

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 9:32am On Aug 18, 2019
Oasis007:
Solskjaer has Rashford and Martial on extra training sessions together to help develop their understanding. The manager is convinced the pair can form a deadly partnership.

- Sun

At times, it seems some United fans fronting as journalists use that medium to advice the club....

Like "Oga Solksjaer, pls put Martial and Rashford on extra training sessions together so that it can develop their understanding and help us score a lot of goals" grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 11:11am On Aug 18, 2019
Dathypebruv:

Oma....you na my ogume na

Abeg wetin be ogume? It kinda rhymes with ogunfe (goat meat) smiley
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by airmark(m): 11:16am On Aug 18, 2019
Oasis007:

grin

Oh! I need Glasses to read the Texts, but I can see the Player clearly! AWB the Spider!

Lana1 won't be happy with that emoji. He's an unhappy man.

Lana1:
All that one no consign me. Whether we finish top 4 or below 7th, I'm happy. Anything that makes us not play in Iropa League, I'm happy.
Unlike Gayners, i no like to dey watch ball on Thursday nights in far Eastern European Cities like Kuvukistan!!

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 11:26am On Aug 18, 2019
Inter Milan are very close to signing Alexis Sanchez.

- GDS

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 11:28am On Aug 18, 2019
airmark:

Lana1 won't be happy with that emoji. He's an unhappy man.

grin

The bolded is applicable to almost all United Fans. We don't like wasting our precious time following Europa League on Thursday Night.

As Lana opined, we know where we belong, we ain't Gayners that would slaughter Cow to celebrate UEL Qualification.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 11:29am On Aug 18, 2019
"Confidence is pretty high within the group at the moment, but we can’t afford to relax at all.

"We have to keep working hard so we can keep putting in this kind of performance [like against Chelsea]."

- Anthony Martial

(1) (2) (3) ... (6928) (6929) (6930) (6931) (6932) (6933) (6934) ... (14150) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: Ellexy, Joseph901, Segedinho(m) and 9 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.