Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,000 members, 7,835,373 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:23 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (6991) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8789869 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6988) (6989) (6990) (6991) (6992) (6993) (6994) ... (14181) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by odizeey(m): 8:51am On Aug 31, 2019
TalabiAudu:

grin grin grin grin

This guy killed me
heaven or hell?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by pharod(m): 8:54am On Aug 31, 2019
Who saw the goal Gomes scored for the U23s against westham yesterday? I'd say he's ready. He can't do worse than Lingard in the first team..
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Chrisus(m): 9:05am On Aug 31, 2019
pharod:
Who saw the goal Gomes scored for the U23s against westham yesterday? I'd say he's ready. He can't do worse than Lingard in the first team..

Ole thinks otherwise
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 9:16am On Aug 31, 2019
pharod:

He actually had a poor 2nd half in the game.
I don’t think these guys are ready to play week in week out, because as youth players they will be inconsistent. A gradual integration is what i hoped for.

I have said it before that it would have been easier to integrate them into a team playing at a high level and with much better senior players.

Fast tracking a bunch of teenagers at the same time into the 1st team when there is little or no senior leadership is a recipe for disaster.

10 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by emitope: 10:03am On Aug 31, 2019
I personally believe its a bit of both....
DeadPresidents:

But we were in Europa when we increased the wage bill by adding Pogba, Ibra & Mkhi.

If United don't sell or loan these guys, the Glazers are trying to save on transfer fees by keeping deadwood. If they do sell these guys, then they're trying to save wages on the cheap.

United can't win, can they?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by emitope: 10:07am On Aug 31, 2019
See diss. angry

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by pharod(m): 10:23am On Aug 31, 2019
afrodoc2:

He actually had a poor 2nd half in the game.
I don’t think these guys are ready to play week in week out, because as youth players they will be inconsistent. A gradual integration is what i hoped for.

I have said it before that it would have been easier to integrate them into a team playing at a high level and with much better senior players.

Fast tracking a bunch of teenagers at the same time into the 1st team when there is little or no senior leadership is a recipe for disaster.

Lingard is running around the pitch in the name of pressing... The next option available is Juan Mata. Since OGS doesn't want to move Pogba a bit forward, what is the next option?
We still don't have very good leaders in the team. So the youngsters can come in, play a couple of games and let's see what they have to offer... We can't continue to integrate them gradually by allowing them to play with U23s and taking them to preseason tours.

Apart from Greenwood, who I can argue the he hasn't really been given enough chance to impress this season, is there any other integration you have witnessed so far?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by TalabiAudu: 10:36am On Aug 31, 2019
odizeey:
heaven or hell?

None.
Just roaming around like Pogba
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 10:42am On Aug 31, 2019
pharod:

Lingard is running around the pitch in the name of pressing... The next option available is Juan Mata. Since OGS doesn't want to move Pogba a bit forward, what is the next option?
We still don't have very good leaders in the team. So the youngsters can come in, play a couple of games and let's see what they have to offer... We can't continue to integrate them gradually by allowing them to play with U23s and taking them to preseason tours.

Apart from Greenwood, who I can argue the he hasn't really been given enough chance to impress this season, is there any other integration you have witnessed so far?

I actually think you are right in that we need to offer them more opportunity in the 1st team.

I just don’t want us to place too much pressure on these boys, cos the same fans you see cursing Rashford now are the same ones who were hailing him when he burst on to the season a few years ago.

We need to be ready for good performances followed by bad performances from the youth players, cos youth players by default will be very inconsistent.

Gomes’ contract ends this summer so if we don’t play him he will walk for free.
I would start playing him and Greenwood a bit now but keep the remaining youth players for the under23s and Europa league. I am talking about Garner, Chong, Williams et al.

4 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by thorrvik55(m): 11:04am On Aug 31, 2019
To all GGMUMU fans that believe the only thing Lingard offers on the pitch is his pressing, the gaffer himself has revealed that Lingard's efford in the attacking third are underrated and he offers way more than you guys think.

There are things Lingard does on the pitch to deserve more plaudit than he gets obviously...

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 11:06am On Aug 31, 2019
pharod:

Garner and Chong didn’t play with the under 23s yday so unless injured they should be on the bench for this one with Greenwood likely to start.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 11:31am On Aug 31, 2019
Lineup

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Itsmedozie: 11:35am On Aug 31, 2019
what the Bleep is Mata doing in this lineup angry

OGS YOUR FADA
LINGARD OVER MATA
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by qreem231(m): 11:36am On Aug 31, 2019
Glory be to God in the highest, Lingard is not starting grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Chrisus(m): 11:37am On Aug 31, 2019
I talk am
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 11:41am On Aug 31, 2019
Itsmedozie:

OGS YOUR FADA
LINGARD OVER MATA

Lingard over Mata ke?

Isn't it the same Lingard that has made the team play with an imaginary red card?
The same one everyone has complained about?

Wow

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 11:41am On Aug 31, 2019
Oasis007:
Lineup

Ole went for the safe choices.
He is feeling the heat, LOL.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 11:42am On Aug 31, 2019
Today

MU NL fans: Play yooth. Play tooth. angry angry WhyMata? WTF is Greenwood doing on the bench? Pochettino is better angry angry angry

Me:

[img]https://media1./images/a278b5a03e1c6ac0eaa4f0ff2f6f0e90/tenor.gif?itemid=5459122[/img]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by adebayo201: 11:49am On Aug 31, 2019
I am thinking that Mata will play as 10 while Perreira will move to the flank

But I'm glad that free kicks takers are in this line up. Hoping for a wonderful timeout today.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 11:50am On Aug 31, 2019
adebayo201:

But I'm glad that free kicks takers are in this line up.
Hoping for a wonderful timeout today.

That's a positive. We also need players who can stick it in the back of the net.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by pharod(m): 11:52am On Aug 31, 2019
Leyqute:
Today

MU NL fans: Play yooth. Play tooth. angry angry WhyMata? WTF is Greenwood doing on the bench? Pochettino is better angry angry angry

Me:

[img]https://media1./images/a278b5a03e1c6ac0eaa4f0ff2f6f0e90/tenor.gif?itemid=5459122[/img]

grin grin

But who would you rather have in the team? Mata or Greenwood?

WeBelieveInYoot FC but we'd rather bring them in at 88mins while we are chasing the game. To come and do what exactly?

This 2faced behavior is good when dealing with the press and kicking out deadwoods. But it will kill the team if care is not taken...

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by adebayo201: 11:53am On Aug 31, 2019
Leyqute:

That's a positive. We also need players who can stick it in the back of the net.

Yes oh... That's the most important today. It's a win.

Make Pogba no do rubbish oh. Them go dey him neck today.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 11:54am On Aug 31, 2019
Leyqute:
Today

Me:

grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by qreem231(m): 11:54am On Aug 31, 2019
Leyqute:
Today

Me:

Most of the Man U fans here don't know what they want. Everyone has been complaining about Lingard and his uselessness. He was dropped today for Mata who is more creative and experienced, the are still complaining.
Only God knows what these people want. Sighs
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 11:54am On Aug 31, 2019
adebayo201:

But I'm glad that free kicks takers are in this line up.
Hoping for a wonderful timeout today.

Nice Observation.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 12:05pm On Aug 31, 2019
Solskjær: "Luke and Anthony are injured, so Ash [Young] is easy for me and Andreas has done really well for me in the first game, and he is chomping at the bit to come in again."
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 12:06pm On Aug 31, 2019
pharod:

grin grin

But who would you rather have in the team? Mata or Greenwood?

WeBelieveInYoot FC but we'd rather bring them in at 88mins while we are chasing the game. To come and do what exactly?

This 2faced behavior is good when dealing with the press and kicking out deadwoods. But it will kill the team if care is not taken...

[img]https://media./images/c67cd9612335ddbd533d1c594de4ddca/tenor.gif[/img]

grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 12:06pm On Aug 31, 2019
Solskjær: "Juan [Mata] has been very good in the games we've had behind-closed-doors as well, and we felt it was time for him to get the chance today."
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 12:07pm On Aug 31, 2019
Solskjær: "We do have different options, and Jesse and Juan are two different players. Today we decided on Juan for experience a little bit, with Ash on that side. We've been a young side & it's always good to get those old heads on the pitch in a difficult game."
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 12:07pm On Aug 31, 2019
Solskjær: "It is going to be tough; they [Southampton] press hard, they they're direct, they go for loads of second balls, they go in behind us. So we will have to be strong mentally as well."
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 12:07pm On Aug 31, 2019
adebayo201:

Yes oh... That's the most important today. It's a win.

I saw Charlie Adams on Southampton line up. Make Pogba no do rubbish oh. That man go dey him neck today.

They're going to sit back and try to hit us on the counter. Mental sharpness is of utmost importance today. If we get the first goal, they'll come out in search of an equalizer, leaving spaces behind for us to score more goals.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by wizkitvick(m): 12:08pm On Aug 31, 2019
Itsmedozie:

OGS YOUR FADA
LINGARD OVER MATA
Seriously Is this a joke?? grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (6988) (6989) (6990) (6991) (6992) (6993) (6994) ... (14181) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: Kamelot77(m), izzou(m) and 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.