Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,118 members, 7,863,898 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 08:33 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (7119) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8874959 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7116) (7117) (7118) (7119) (7120) (7121) (7122) ... (14217) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by CrystalTiger(m): 5:58pm On Oct 05, 2019
When we get a coach, I do hope we really get that James Madison guy abeg..He's looking good..Was really checking if he'd be a one season wonder lol...

And oh, we gotta go trend Kagawa10 on twitter though..He's looking like a very good scout..
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Jodera: 6:06pm On Oct 05, 2019
spillo1:

Klopp's last season at Dortmund vibes. He's taken them as far as he can on a small net spend. I think he'll be a big success at his next club, but Spurs won't make top 4 this season.
Exactly. Spurs might not mk top4 this season, but saying poch is average as ogs cos of this season which haven't even gone halfway sef is being sentimental. Nobody says poch is world class but the work he's done at Tottenham can't be neglected just cos of this season.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by LostMyZeal(m): 6:15pm On Oct 05, 2019
and who the 'F' are these ones trying to mention OLE & Pochettino in a sentence

what kinda sacrilege iiz that...huh undecided

Me sha have a strong feeling that Poch is deliberately trying to get himself sacked; just like Mourinho did @ Man Utd

Anyways... he's very welcome to take OLE's job

Some of us don't expect trophies for now... yeah
We jus wanna hang in there...but OLE has no idea what he's doing sef

Any Manager who comes next, should bear in mind that we want good football, laden with a peculiar style of play plus we have to be grinding out commendable results

For crying out loud ...we jus wanna hang in there...haba!!!...wetin we dey find for 10th mana

I can actually make excuses for Pochettino being that he's kept Spurs hanging in there for years now...but OLE??

lipsrsealed

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by LostMyZeal(m): 6:17pm On Oct 05, 2019
Jodera:
Exactly. Spurs might not mk top4 this season, but saying poch is average as ogs cos of this season which haven't even gone halfway sef is being sentimental. Nobody says poch is world class but the work he's done at Tottenham can't be neglected just cos of this season.

aswear down...
putting those 2 and even trying to compare
wtf is there to compare
can't believe what I just read shocked
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by LostMyZeal(m): 6:19pm On Oct 05, 2019
CrystalTiger:
When we get a coach, I do hope we really get that James Madison guy abeg..He's looking good..Was really checking if he'd be a one season wonder lol...

And oh, we gotta go trend Kagawa10 on twitter though..He's looking like a very good scout..
Kagawa ?!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by spillo1: 6:19pm On Oct 05, 2019
LostMyZeal:

aswear down...
wtf is there to compare
It's among the rubbish we see on nairaland.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by spillo1: 6:21pm On Oct 05, 2019
Jodera:
Oasis is usually reasonable. Am sure he's joking around. We will dump ole if we have the chance of landing Poch

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by CrystalTiger(m): 6:27pm On Oct 05, 2019
LostMyZeal:
Kagawa ?!

A guy here that talks about player prospects..
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 6:28pm On Oct 05, 2019
Jodera:
If United were to go for a coach now, why should we pick Poch? What would you expect from him?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by CrystalTiger(m): 6:34pm On Oct 05, 2019
spillo1:

Oasis is usually reasonable. Am sure he's joking around. We will dump ole if we have the chance of landing Poch

ASAP ASAP..

Most OGS sympathizers are doing so because he's one of us..No Utd fan will accept 9pts from 7 games from a total stranger..Just look at how quiet our legends are right now..Even Scholes that condemned something worse than this has lost his voice..
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by larride(m): 6:40pm On Oct 05, 2019
eph12:

If United were to go for a coach now, why should we pick Poch? What would you expect from him?

If I’m to choose between OGS and Poch, I’m choosing Poch. It’s no brainer decision as I believe Poch is miles ahead of OGS.

With that being said, if we are looking to replace OGS below will be my order of preference.

Erik Tem Haag
Nagelsmann
Blanc
Allegri
Tuchel
Poch
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Jodera: 6:41pm On Oct 05, 2019
spillo1:

Lol, I knew he was just trolling when he replied me. That's why I didn't bother to reply him back, cos I know it'll be another back and forth talk. Cos from his response to me and others, he's already decided, so no need saying anything.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by larride(m): 6:41pm On Oct 05, 2019
CrystalTiger:

ASAP ASAP..

Most OGS sympathizers are doing so because he's one of us..No Utd fan will accept 9pts from 7 games from a total stranger..Just look at how quiet our legends are right now..Even Scholes that condemned something worse than this has lost his voice..

You expect them to throw one of their own under the bus? grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by spillo1: 6:43pm On Oct 05, 2019
larride:

If I’m to choose between OGS and Poch, I’m choosing Poch. It’s no brainer decision as I believe Poch is miles ahead of OGS.

With that being said, if we are looking to replace OGS below will be my order of preference.

Erik Tem Haag
Nagelsmann
Blanc
Allegri
Tuchel
Poch
Curious to know why you prefer Ten hagg,Blanc and nagelsmann over Poch.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Jodera: 6:46pm On Oct 05, 2019
eph12:

blending youths with talents. Style of play and identity. And even though he might not take you people to the highest of highs, but the foundation set at united will be easier for the next coach to manage. And above all, you people will be sure of top4 and identity. What I know is that he'll be backed financially in man u than at Tottenham
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Jodera: 6:47pm On Oct 05, 2019
LostMyZeal:

aswear down...
wtf is there to compare
grin grin grin grin...na so we see am my brother o
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MRTA7: 6:50pm On Oct 05, 2019
afrodoc2:

That is because he was sacked before he could do so. He was sacked from the Espanyol job with the club languishing at the foot of the table.

He has never won anything, and i don't like his style of football.

Fair enough. I personally like his style of football. I've just never seen him build a solid base. Most times his teams play a high line and he seems to like operating centrally. I'm not saying he's the answer at Man utd but at least he has a style though. Can we say this about Ole?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MRTA7: 6:51pm On Oct 05, 2019
eph12:

The question is what do we expect from Poch in United?

He's not the answer at man utd. Even if we get the best coach in the world right now with Woodward still there I don't see much changing.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 6:53pm On Oct 05, 2019
Jodera:
blending youths with talents. Style of play and identity. And even though he might not take you people to the highest of highs, but the foundation set at united will be easier for the next coach to manage. And above all, you people will be sure of top4 and identity. What I know is that he'll be backed financially in man u than at Tottenham
So was Mourinho and OGS backed financially?
What's Tottenham style of play under Poch? So how many years of setting the foundation do we give Poch before l another manager can now come in and win trophies?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 6:55pm On Oct 05, 2019
larride:

Erik Tem Haag
Nagelsmann
Blanc
Allegri
Tuchel
Poch
Fair enough
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 6:55pm On Oct 05, 2019
MRTA7:

He's not the answer at man utd. Even if we get the best coach in the world right now with Woodward still there I don't see much changing.
Exactly
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by spillo1: 6:59pm On Oct 05, 2019
MRTA7:

Poch will be a great choice at United tho my first choice is allegri. Poch has Proven track record in the Premier League,Proven to develop and introduce youth,Looking to manage at a TOP club that can compete in the transfer market and Clearly better than Ole.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by timay(m): 7:01pm On Oct 05, 2019
eph12:

So was Mourinho and OGS backed financially?
What's Tottenham style of play under Poch? So how many years of setting the foundation do we give Poch before l another manager can now come in and win trophies?

If the Man utd board knOws what's good for them, they better look for a coach that will guarantee trophies and back such coach financially, so that we can get back to the top quickly, so that we no go turn to Arsenal in England.

Gone are the Alex Ferguson era where you can build from scratch without pressure. That era is gone. Even Barca that has the culture of promoting from their Academy and spending less on transfers are now competiting with Real Madrid in terms of money spent in the transfer window, just to remain at the top.
And if you ask me, our best bet is still Mourinho, provided that he's given what he wants. In his 3yrs he got is 2 trophies. That shows that he will always gettl u trophies whether by hook or by crook.

Make the board just swallow their pride and rehire him , or hire another coach that really knows what he's doing and can guarantee you trophies, provided he's backed financially in the Transfer window.

If we follow Ole rebuilding nonsense, we go just turn to Arsenal without knowing.

#TimesHaveChanged
#Fact

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 7:03pm On Oct 05, 2019
MRTA7:

Fair enough. I personally like his style of football. I've just never seen him build a solid base. Most times his teams play a high line and he seems to like operating centrally. I'm not saying he's the answer at Man utd but at least he has a style though. Can we say this about Ole?

As we are now Ole's days are numbered. I am not even comparing them but assessing Poch in a vacuum.
Like you rightly observed he plays too narrow and tries to force-feed everything through a congested midfield, and relies on his full backs heavily to provide the width.

We should stop going after a player or manager just because he is better than what we have got. This way will just lead to one step forward and two steps back. With that mentality we might as well go for Emery, Eddie Howe e.t.c

We need to go for the right person in terms of his tactical ability, style of play, ambition e.t.c not just because he is better than OGS.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Swissh: 7:03pm On Oct 05, 2019
timay:

If the Man utd board knOws what's good for them, they better look for a coach that will guarantee trophies and back such coach financially, so that we can get back to the top quickly, so that we no go turn to Arsenal in England.

Gone are the Alex Ferguson era where you can build from scratch without pressure. That era is gone. Even Barca that has the culture of promoting from their Academy and spending less on transfers are now competiting with Real Madrid in terms of money spent in the transfer window, just to remain at the top.
And if you ask me, our best bet is still Mourinho, provided that he's given what he wants. In his 3yrs he got is 2 trophies. That shows that he will always gettl u trophies whether by hook or by crook.

Make the board just swallow their pride and rehire him , or hire another coach that really knows what he's doing and can guarantee you trophies, provided he's backed financially in the Transfer window.

If we follow Ole rebuilding nonsense, we go just turn to Arsenal without knowing.

#TimesHaveChanged
#Fact
Why chairmo dey use hash tag

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by LostMyZeal(m): 7:07pm On Oct 05, 2019
CrystalTiger:

A guy here that talks about player prospects..

ooh...aah...fear catch my balls ooh
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by footiemaniac: 7:09pm On Oct 05, 2019
Mauricio Pochettino is a bang average manager with NO SINGLE trophy to show for his 10 years Managerial career. The weight of managing Manchester united will be to heavy on his shoulders, we don't need bottlers. If we are to move away from Ole, we should be doing better than employing another over-hyped Argentine Moyes.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by timay(m): 7:11pm On Oct 05, 2019
Swissh:

Why chairmo dey use hash tag

I'm tired ni.

It seems Man utd is suffering from Sir Alex Ferguson success syndrome, thinking that his methods will still work but it's outdated already. We have to move on from his era to acheive anything reasonable.

Even Ferguson towards the end of his era knows that his methods are outdated, that is why he bought some established players like Berbatov, Van Persie, etc during the end of his reign. He didn't buy Young British talents grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Swissh: 7:13pm On Oct 05, 2019
timay:

I'm tired ni.

It seems Man utd is suffering from Sir Alex Ferguson success syndrome, thinking that his methods will still work but it's outdated already. We have to move on from his era to acheive anything reasonable.

Even Ferguson towards the end of his era knows that his methods are outdated, that is why he bought some established players like Berbatov, Van Persie, etc during the end of his reign. He didn't buy Young British talents grin
lana1 come and handle this wailing and gnashing of teeth. Is everything ok at your club?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by timay(m): 7:15pm On Oct 05, 2019
footiemaniac:
Mauricio Pochettino is a bang average manager with NO SINGLE trophy to show for his 10 years Managerial career. The weight of managing Manchester united will be to heavy on his shoulders, we don't need bottlers. If we are to move away from Ole, we should be doing better than employing another over-hyped Argentine Moyes.

We should swallow our pride and go back to Mourinho.

He's the only person that can get things done trophy wise, if you give am money. If we are saying academy players, some will still push through no matter the coach. As bad is Mourinho is in discovering young players, no be him give us Mctominay that has now turned out to be one of our best players currently?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by LostMyZeal(m): 7:20pm On Oct 05, 2019
footiemaniac:

so because he can't boast of trophies... he's not qualified then...wow!

and I hope you know that MUFC is at it's lowest now

so don't be expecting any Superman to come win trophies yet
..we have to learn how to crawl first...yeah
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by larride(m): 7:37pm On Oct 05, 2019
spillo1:

Curious to know why you prefer Ten hagg,Blanc and nagelsmann over Poch.

One reason I don’t like/want Poch is because whenever he play any of the big teams, he tend to set up his team in a way that they look clueless or ordinary. Sometimes you look at Poch team and question the kind of system he’s trying to play. The same can’t be said of Ten Haag, Nagelsmann or Blanc.

Ten Haag is my preferred choice, look at his Ajax and the way they play, even when he plays Juventus and Madrid, he stick with his philosophy just like Pep.

The jury is out on Nagelsmann, his stint with RB Leipzig will determine his trajectory but I like his style of play. Free flow attacking football.

Go check out Blanc exploits with Bordeaux and PSG. The man is very very good.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7116) (7117) (7118) (7119) (7120) (7121) (7122) ... (14217) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: Yemike(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.