Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,550 members, 7,861,618 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 03:32 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (7121) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8866350 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7118) (7119) (7120) (7121) (7122) (7123) (7124) ... (14216) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by footiemaniac: 8:33pm On Oct 05, 2019
spillo1:

Stop yarning shit. It's people like you that would have said Madrid job is too big for Zidane or Barca job is too big for Pep.
The job Poch has done at Spurs in the last 5 years is remarkable. He took Spurs into the top 3-4 in the league consistently on a much smaller budget than the other top 6, bringing through a number of youth players and building a team that plays good high pressing football and a squad that suits it and all while the club was building a new stadium and reached the Champions league final to add cherry on top. Do you think Poch ambition is not to win trophies and be remembered like his peers. You guys don't want to crawl before walking. Shouting we need to win trophies up and down.

You should learn to respect other peoples view or divergent opinion. Everybody cannot reason alike, and stop saying other people are yarning shi.t or rubbish because they do not buy your own idea of settling for mediocrity. I have promised myself not to insult anybody on this thread,please let it remains like that.

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by larride(m): 8:34pm On Oct 05, 2019
weedtaker:
can't remember what his football was like, no him the in charge of paris when them bottle a 3-1 lead over Jose's Chelsea in 2013/14 season?

Yeah. He’s the one.

Ancelotti Ac Milan bottled a 3-0 lead in a UCL final against Liverpool, it doesn’t mean Ancelotti is not a world class manager.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SkimpleD: 8:35pm On Oct 05, 2019
Oasis007:

grin

No Vex Apostle D...... Was just cruising!
Lol. I totally understand man. e dey happen like that. cheesy

How weekend dey roll your end?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by larride(m): 8:38pm On Oct 05, 2019
timay:

Nothing funny about it. Any coach that will guarantee success,( and what is the success?, Trophies ) is welcomed by me. That is one thing. I like about Chelsea, their board don't work on emotions but fact and results. That is why they could hire Mourinho for a second time because they wanted results,not minding how they split in the first place.

That is one of the reason I'm 100% sure that Lampard's honey moon will be over after the transfer ban, except he does something extraordinary like winning the league or Champions league. They will sack him irrespective of if he's a club legend.

Man utd is clearly still being run on Emotions and sentiments, that is why they've been taking a lot of stupid decisions since the sack of Mourinho.

An example is the sale of Lukaku and Sanchez. Do you think a proper/Actual/Serious coach will make such stupid decisions? Even if such decisions want to happen, he would have gotten a proper replacement without hoping on a 17 yr old teenager to blow in his first professional season. Like WtF!!

Bros, I was one of Mou defender when he was here. Infact some peeps here call Mou my Lord and Personal savior grin

Mou has had his time and we have moved past that, we already saw what he can offer us and I don’t think we want to go through that again. Sacking Mou was the right decision, replacing him permanently with OGS is the problem.

Unless Mou can go reinvent himself somewhere else, that ship has long sailed.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by weedtaker: 8:40pm On Oct 05, 2019
larride:

Yeah. He’s the one.

Ancelotti Ac Milan bottled a 3-0 lead in a UCL final against Liverpool, it doesn’t mean Ancelotti is not a world class manager.
Yea, I like his football, seems to be out of work for a long time.

they were rumors he'd be the one to replace jose b4 the board went for OGS, also has united DNA too. grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by larride(m): 8:41pm On Oct 05, 2019
weedtaker:
Shoo, oboi your sack counter attacking coach, you suppose replace am with counter attacking coach naa, Conte and allegri shares the same philosophy with jose and same winning mentality something that I think is lacking in Poch.

Check out Inter Milan now na a, conte is doing a good job, we for employ am then after two or three seasons we sack am.

Conte could have made sense before he went to Inter as I believe he’s a very good manager.

It’s looking more Allegri if we sack OGS but I feel Allegri is Mou 2.0.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by larride(m): 8:42pm On Oct 05, 2019
weedtaker:

they were rumors he'd be the one to replace jose b4 the board went for OGS, also has united DNA too. grin

Ha the United DNA grin

Very very important. So unserious a club.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by weedtaker: 8:53pm On Oct 05, 2019
larride:

Conte could have made sense before he went to Inter as I believe he’s a very good manager.

of course he's Mou 2.0, but allegri is a bit more on the modern side like conte, he also plays 3 at the back and uses two Fowards. Though they share same philosophy with jose, which i don't think is bad, not that entertaining I agree, but its effective.

And he's not a trouble maker like jose and conte.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by larride(m): 9:02pm On Oct 05, 2019
weedtaker:
of course he's Mou 2.0, but allegri is a bit more on the modern side like conte, he also plays 3 at the back and uses two Fowards. Though they share same philosophy with jose, which i don't think is bad, not that entertaining I agree, but its effective.

And he's not a trouble maker like jose and conte.

True. Your last line is why a lot of people don’t like José. I think Conte own is mild compared to Mou.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elrony(m): 9:14pm On Oct 05, 2019
weedtaker:

Na Fergie boy na grin grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elrony(m): 9:15pm On Oct 05, 2019
larride:

Nobody is talking about sacking some of the kangaroos we parade as first teamers grin grin grin

No manager fit help those guys o grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by larride(m): 10:12pm On Oct 05, 2019
elrony:

Nobody is talking about sacking some of the kangaroos we parade as first teamers grin grin grin

No manager fit help those guys o grin grin grin

Me and you know it’s easier to sack the manager than the players. grin

If another manager comes in and still persist with these set of players, it means we are fücked totally.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Jodera: 10:26pm On Oct 05, 2019
eph12:

What's counter press?
Lol.
Pressing and choking of opponents and hitting them on counter. Just a mild ghen ghen pressing.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Sinbo(m): 10:31pm On Oct 05, 2019
God help us, am just tired.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristoBam: 10:34pm On Oct 05, 2019
How would someone say Pochetinho is just the same as Moyes? Asking how Pochetinho is better than Moyes? For Bleep sake. The Pochetinho slander is getting too much. All because he's linked to the job presently held by Ole. Make una continue to dey enjoy your Ole!!

And this didn't just start today o. Ever since Poch had been linked to United's job after Ole had been appointed , na attack after attack on Poch. Even on Reddit and twitter. Before Ole was appointed, everyone was discussing Poch managing Man Utd and were cool with it. But after Ole got into the equation, every Spurs loss is an avenue to mock Poch. And every massive achievement is dismissed as not being a huge deal.

I can bet with anything that if they told anyone here 5 years ago that Tottenham will play in the UCL 4 years consecutively and even make it to the final, they'll laugh it off. Looking at that Spurs team 5 years ago, it looked like an impossible thing. And Poch achieved this with so little investment. And some mofos had the guts to compare him with Ole or Moyes. Talking about trophies, do you think if Poch was a manager of Juventus, PSG or Bayern Munich, he wouldn't have a lot of trophies in his cabinet? Some are mentioning Tuchel , the same one at PSG?? LMAO.

All these managers you are listing, what do you think they'd have achieved if they were the ones that got the Tottenham job 5 years ago?

12 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by LostMyZeal(m): 11:27pm On Oct 05, 2019
yeah right cheesy

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 12:13am On Oct 06, 2019
larride:

If another manager comes in and still persist with these set of players, it means we are fücked totally.

Who will the new manager use if the board doesn’t sign him new players?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by footiemaniac: 12:30am On Oct 06, 2019
Your darling Pochettino has lost 17 Matches in 2019, the worst of all premier league team and you want us to hire him because you don't like Ole. Pochettino and Spurs are perfect fit they can continue celebrating top 4 finish for the Last 4 seasons since that is like winning a trophy to them. I can't imagine any manager at Manchester united for 5 seasons without winning a spoon.

I repeat, Pochettino is an average manager , slow down with the hype. Getting beat by Colchester, conceding 7 goals at home in a European game and following it up with 3-0 loss to Brighton. If you like keep writing more epistle to defend such mediocrity just because you want Ole out. Manchester united is bigger than Poch, he has found his level at Spurs.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MandemMillyrock: 1:15am On Oct 06, 2019
ChristoBam:
How would someone say Pochetinho is just the same as Moyes? Asking how Pochetinho is better than Moyes? For Bleep sake. The Pochetinho slander is getting too much. All because he's linked to the job presently held by Ole. Make una continue to dey enjoy your Ole!!

And this didn't just start today o. Ever since Poch had been linked to United's job after Ole had been appointed , na attack after attack on Poch. Even on Reddit and twitter. Before Ole was appointed, everyone was discussing Poch managing Man Utd and were cool with it. But after Ole got into the equation, every Spurs loss is an avenue to mock Poch. And every massive achievement is dismissed as not being a huge deal.

I can bet with anything that if they told anyone here 5 years ago that Tottenham will play in the UCL 4 years consecutively and even make it to the final, they'll laugh it off. Looking at that Spurs team 5 years ago, it looked like an impossible thing. And Poch achieved this with so little investment. And some mofos had the guts to compare him with Ole or Moyes. Talking about trophies, do you think if Poch was a manager of Juventus, PSG or Bayern Munich, he wouldn't have a lot of trophies in his cabinet? Some are mentioning Tuchel , the same one at PSG?? LMAO.

All these managers you are listing, what do you think they'd have achieved if they were the ones that got the Tottenham job 5 years ago?
I see nothing wrong with the question.
Moyes took Everton from occasional relegation strugglers to being a permanent fixture in the top 6, breaking into a much stronger top 4 once, with less investment than poch that has invested so little.
See what has happened to Everton since he left.

We can go on and on about the intangibles.

For the tangibles, they are both on equal footing, zero trophies.

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MandemMillyrock: 1:20am On Oct 06, 2019
A manager doing very well with a shoestring budget doesn't mean he will do wonders when handed an unlimited budget.
There are countless examples.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristoBam: 2:17am On Oct 06, 2019
MandemMillyrock:
I see nothing wrong with the question.
Moyes took Everton from occasional relegation strugglers to being a permanent fixture in the top 6, breaking into a much stronger top 4 once, with less investment than poch that has invested so little.
See what has happened to Everton since he left.

We can go on and on about the intangibles.

For the tangibles, they are both on equal footing, zero trophies.

How many managers do you know that has done the kind of thing Poch did? From the level they were initially to a continuous consecutive top 4 and a UCL final.

There are so many Moyes around. Wolves manager Espirito is a good example.

LMAO. I'm done with this discussion.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 2:23am On Oct 06, 2019
ChristoBam:

LMAO. I'm done with this discussion.

Btwn, you don't know what you're saying!!

Una no dey sleep?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 2:29am On Oct 06, 2019
weedtaker:
Taught Ten haag was playing conservative footie during his early days at ajax? I been ready something like that for Redcafe.

What about that former Dortmund coach wey him Dortmund team the score goals like water, but are quite poor at the back? we can get him on interim to teach dis our brexit Fc how to attack.
He may have done so during his early days but he's evolved now.

I'm not sure it will do us any good to have a team that's very good going forward and poor at the back
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 2:33am On Oct 06, 2019
weedtaker:
Shoo, oboi your sack counter attacking coach, you suppose replace am with counter attacking coach naa, Conte and allegri shares the same philosophy with jose and same winning mentality something that I think is lacking in Poch.

Check out Inter Milan now na a, conte is doing a good job, we for employ am then after two or three seasons we sack am.
So you honestly believe that Conte will win the league if he's employed within 2-3 seasons and then we sack him? Lol

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 2:35am On Oct 06, 2019
Jodera:
Lol.
Pressing and choking of opponents and hitting them on counter. Just a mild ghen ghen pressing.
OK I see
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elrony(m): 3:05am On Oct 06, 2019
larride:

We are in trouble mehn cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by weedtaker: 3:32am On Oct 06, 2019
eph12:

So you honestly believe that Conte will win the league if he's employed within 2-3 seasons and then we sack him? Lol
Well he did it with shekpites.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by iamharkinwaley: 3:34am On Oct 06, 2019
We f^cking need a coach mehn angry
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by larride(m): 7:18am On Oct 06, 2019
Leyqute:

Who will the new manager use if the board doesn’t sign him new players?

That is one excuse that won’t fly. The board supported LVG in his 2 seasons with us, at least transfer wise.

Mou signed at least 9 players in 2 season, he only had issue with Ed in the third season.

OGS has gotten 3 players in already. I read an exercpt of an interview OGS gave and he said he will rather be a striker short than have Lukaku. OGS saw the uselessness of these players towards the end of last season yet he still taught they can magically turn into world beaters. It is those Lingy and Rashy that will cost him his job.

If a new manager comes in with no affiliation to the United DNA, he won’t care less about baby sitting Rashford, Lingard n co. Matic shouldn’t even be starting for us and McTom is squad player at best.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by larride(m): 7:20am On Oct 06, 2019
eph12:

Why will we sack him if he wins the league and doing well? Or are we just going to sack him for sacking sake?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by larride(m): 7:22am On Oct 06, 2019
elrony:

We are in trouble mehn cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin

Big one. grin

We are a mid table team like this.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 7:24am On Oct 06, 2019
larride:

That is one excuse that won’t fly. The board supported LVG in his 2 seasons with us, at least transfer wise.

Mou signed at least 9 players in 2 season, he only had issue with Ed in the third season.

OGS has gotten 3 players in already. I read an exercpt of an interview OGS gave and he said he will rather be a striker short than have Lukaku. OGS saw the uselessness of these players towards the end of last season yet he still taught they can magically turn into world beaters. It is those Lingy and Rashy that will cost him his job.

If a new manager comes in with no affiliation to the United DNA, he won’t care less about baby sitting Rashford, Lingard n co. Matic shouldn’t even be starting for us and McTom is squad player at best.

How many players did LvG, Mourinho bring in in their first TW? How many of them are worth it and are still playing consistently for Utd?

Imagine say na Jones and Smalling CB pair we still dey use.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7118) (7119) (7120) (7121) (7122) (7123) (7124) ... (14216) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.