Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,697 members, 7,862,194 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 10:56 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (713) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8868626 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (710) (711) (712) (713) (714) (715) (716) ... (14216) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 3:31pm On Jan 03, 2014
Ukwu!!!

Ashley Young to miss Sunday's clash with Swansea after picking up shoulder injury during clash with Hugo Lloris

That's yet another injury..
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 4:08pm On Jan 03, 2014
elampiro: Ukwu!!!

Ashley Young to miss Sunday's clash with Swansea after picking up shoulder injury during clash with Hugo Lloris

That's yet another injury..
and who cares if Young breaks a collarbone, that injury should be investigated.. Dude doesn't want to be sold in January... He should keep enjoying his bogos wages while it last
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 4:12pm On Jan 03, 2014
El Guapo: Roma’s Daniele De Rossi: “Thank goodness I didn't go to Man United, I would have committed suicide” cheesy

cheesy

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dayokanu(m): 4:39pm On Jan 03, 2014
according to reports United made a bid for Daniele De Rossi this summer and the Italian recently told friends something to the effect of,

"I'm glad I didn't go to Manchester because I would've committed suicide by now."
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 4:43pm On Jan 03, 2014
dayokanu: according to reports United made a bid for Daniele De Rossi this summer and the Italian recently told friends something to the effect of,

"I'm glad I didn't go to Manchester because I would've committed suicide by now."

city made a bid for de rossi, not united.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/manchester-city/9490082/Daniele-De-Rossi-rejects-move-to-Manchester-City-and-commits-future-to-Roma.html

mancini was going to use his italian connection to bring him then but he refused & signed an extension.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 4:44pm On Jan 03, 2014
coogar:

city made a bid for de rossi, not united.

So why would De Rossi consider suicide if he was playing for high flying city who are in all the cups?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 4:45pm On Jan 03, 2014
GustavoFring:

So why would De Rossi consider suicide if he was playing for high flying city who are in all the cups?

how's city high flying?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 4:58pm On Jan 03, 2014
coogar:

how's city high flying?

Well they're second in the league only a point behind the leaders.

They have the highest goal difference in the league

They are still in all the cups AND they have the best squad in the league.

Why would De Rossi want to commit suicide at such a club?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by RuuDie(m): 6:22pm On Jan 03, 2014
GustavoFring:

And UTD is still not in ALL the cups!!?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 6:31pm On Jan 03, 2014
elampiro: When Arsenal lost 8-2 to Man United, Wenger bought players and saved himself from embarrassment of UCL exit.

It's not too late to do something for an interim plan.

Apart from midfield we need:
An assistant right back. A very good left full back. A good winger.

No need to allow Giggs and Ferdi to train with the rest lads. They should stay on the side line during trainings. Vidic should be a sub CD. Evra should be given a good competition on the LB.

Sell Butner
Sell Anderson
Sell Fabio
By Summer we should sell one or two of Young, Valencia and Nani.

My opinion now, it could change tomorrow again. cheesy
I don't think we need an assistant RB. It just logical to play Fabio when Rafa is injured.
Sell Ando(cos of his fitness)
Sell Valencia
Sell Young
Relegate Cleverly to d bench.
Find Carrick replacement n a CMF.
Never extend Rooney's contract(will be a bit hard for us now but will pay in near future).
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 6:57pm On Jan 03, 2014
RuuDie:

And UTD is still not in ALL the cups!!?

I hope say you cover face when you typed this shiit? cheesy

Manure wey relax on top keg of gun powder.

Abegi Esor funmi nkóti towulo cool
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 7:12pm On Jan 03, 2014
El Guapo:

I hope say you cover face when you typed this shiit? cheesy

Manure wey relax on top keg of gun powder.

Abegi Esor funmi nkóti towulo cool

I for answer am, but De Rossi said it all... grin

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by IYANGBALI: 7:19pm On Jan 03, 2014
meracool:

What are their Name....??
seun why did you remove the S in front of name now?

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by IYANGBALI: 7:23pm On Jan 03, 2014
meracool:

Man Utd hope to land
Dinamo Zagreb kid Robert Muric

Also...

Man Utd make serious
move for Dinamo Bucharest winger
Dorin Rotariu

I hope they're good because this is the first time am hearing and seeing their name.
who removed the S in front of name?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by JayKayMaybachz(m): 7:46pm On Jan 03, 2014
dayokanu:

ROMANUS ORJINTA grin grin
Taaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by JayKayMaybachz(m): 8:03pm On Jan 03, 2014
There is high speculation bout Utd signing koke this Jan ... ah learnt they've agreed on a fee ... in the region of 36 million pounds ............... hope is true cuz aint goon tolerate mediocre this transfer window ... things are really awkward
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 9:00pm On Jan 03, 2014
GustavoFring:

because they have been shyte for at least 2 seasons....they were beaten to the title by 11 points last season.

they are about to be decapitated in europe by barca, they came second in their group. they are not even top of the league in england. should arsenal/chelsea win the league, that would be 2 seasons in a row without winning any ish.

de rossi would commit suicide cos his team(roma) are on top of their league & they seem to be travelling in the right direction. since de rossi extended his contract, city haven't won a pin!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc(m): 9:28pm On Jan 03, 2014
THIS JANUARY
Buy Vidal and Strootman. We need 2 central midfielders not 1.

Cleverley,Carrick and Fletcher to the bench. Powell and maybe Tunnicliffe to come back as 3rd choice pairing.

At the end of the season
offload Vidic, Evra, Rio and Carrick. We need legs and these 4 dont have it.

Smalling,Evans,Jones to play ONLY as CBs. Fabio to be Rafael's sub and buy Shaw from Southampton as LB.

Adnan,Zaha and Nani to stay as wingers. Valencia and Young should both go, buy one new winger.

Kagawa and Rooney battle for no 10 role.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nitlad: 9:34pm On Jan 03, 2014
Coogar, Roma ain't top of jack! They trail Juve by 5 points!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by leggo: 9:39pm On Jan 03, 2014
so basically rossi doesnt believe he's the kind of player that could keep a team in title contention. let him enjoy his serie haha
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 9:45pm On Jan 03, 2014
D quote was misinterpreted.
He said he would have committed suicide at d sight of his beloved roma competing for d serie A in his absence.
Apparently it's sumtin he has always wanted to be part of and it is happening this season.
D near miss would have made him commit suicide.

Itz not what these haters are thinking
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc(m): 9:48pm On Jan 03, 2014
De Rossi is a class player and would have been perfect but for his age.

I would love a vidal-strootman right-left combo in central midfield.

if not there are other options , the midfield has to be fixed and the oldies pensioned off
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 9:52pm On Jan 03, 2014
chrisley024:
I don't think we need an assistant RB. It just logical to play Fabio when Rafa is injured.
Sell Ando(cos of his fitness)
Sell Valencia
Sell Young
Relegate Cleverly to d bench.
Find Carrick replacement n a CMF.
Never extend Rooney's contract(will be a bit hard for us now but will pay in near future).

Fabio didn't do well at the start of the season. He was our weak link in the defence. Rafael is thousand miles ahead of him. I will still pick Valencia over Fabio.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc(m): 9:58pm On Jan 03, 2014
elampiro:

Fabio didn't do well at the start of the season. He was our weak link in the defence. Rafael is thousand miles ahead of him. I will still pick Valencia over Fabio.

when did fabio not do well?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 10:02pm On Jan 03, 2014
afrodoc: THIS JANUARY
Buy Vidal and Strootman. We need 2 central midfielders not 1.

Cleverley,Carrick and Fletcher to the bench. Powell and maybe Tunnicliffe to come back as 3rd choice pairing.

At the end of the season
offload Vidic, Evra, Rio and Carrick. We need legs and these 4 dont have it.

Smalling,Evans,Jones to play ONLY as CBs. Fabio to be Rafael's sub and buy Shaw from Southampton as LB.

Adnan,Zaha and Nani to stay as wingers. Valencia and Young should both go, buy one new winger.

Kagawa and Rooney battle for no 10 role.

1. Not sure of Fabio. It appears you guys didnt pay attention to his game in the playing time he has had. Also, he was so bad in th preseason.

2. So Nani is left off the hook because he has been idle? Now there is a price for being idle. grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc(m): 10:10pm On Jan 03, 2014
I agree with you the jury is still out on fabio. I am not sure about his form and fitness but i believe he should get a chance at RB ahead of valencia who is defensively clueless.

I said the jury was out on fabio, well for Valencia the verdict is in.......GUILTY by virtue of one-leggedness and predictability!
If u check back on these pages u will see that i predicted this about 2-3yrs ago, you can't be this predictable and one legged at the top level.

As per Nani i would prefer him going forward to valencia especially if we get a couple of dynamic and intelligent midfielders like vidal, strootman, gundogan etc.
our wide men would then be chosen for there ability to beat their man and create chances e.g adnan,nani rather than their willingness to track back e.g valencia
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 10:10pm On Jan 03, 2014
afrodoc:

when did fabio not do well?

I can't say specifically. But all the time I have seen him the the RB from preseason to date, he was like a school player. I think he had one or two games at the start of the season.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 10:17pm On Jan 03, 2014
Afrodoc, nani shud pack his bags and leave jare! We are tired of his frustrating/inconsistent displays!! As for vidal, juve wld prolly sell for nothing less than 65m
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc(m): 10:18pm On Jan 03, 2014
play people in their rightful positions first.

he played just one EPL game. we had a clean sheet in that game and he had a 6.96 rating (better than evra), so he was not exactly woeful

his other match was in the capital one cup where he came on in the 90th minute and still grabbed a goal, he was not woeful there either.

play RBs in the RB position first and lets see if they are good enough. if a certain one leg wonder cant make it at RW ship him out!

and there is a very simple reason why valencia is equally useless as an overlapping RB , i will tell you if u ask nicely cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc(m): 10:22pm On Jan 03, 2014
dademola: Afrodoc, nani shud pack his bags and leave jare! We are tired of his frustrating/inconsistent displays!! As for vidal, juve wld prolly sell for nothing less than 65m

i feel your pain.
but for next season i would rather have adnan,zaha, Mr X( a new world class winger) AND nani over the first 3 and valencia. valencia would always look world class at wigan,hull and okomu oil but mediocre at madrid, man united and chelsea.

the only other option is if ashley young signs a contract that limits him to playing ONLY on the right wing then he can be the sub for that wing. cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 10:23pm On Jan 03, 2014
afrodoc:
I agree with you the jury is still out on fabio. I am not sure about his form and fitness but i believe he should get a chance at RB ahead of valencia who is defensively clueless.

I said the jury was out on fabio, well for Valencia the verdict is in.......GUILTY by virtue of one-leggedness and predictability!
If u check back on these pages u will see that i predicted this about 2-3yrs ago, you can't be this predictable and one legged at the top level.

As per Nani i would prefer him going forward to valencia especially if we get a couple of dynamic and intelligent midfielders like vidal, strootman, gundogan etc.
our wide men would then be chosen for there ability to beat their man and create chances e.g adnan,nani rather than their willingness to track back e.g valencia

1. It is unfortunate that injury has prevented him from climbing higher like Rafael. He was the one who had more ptentials because he could play both full back comfortably as well as midfield. But Rafael got his debut in a UCL group match and has never looked back. In my opinion, Rafael sent Neville to early retirement (although some would disagree). Haven said that, Valencia has not done badly defensively except one and half error I have seen him committed in all his years as an emergency deputy in the right back. This season, he has helped us there and we all came here to commend him.

2. Valencia in the right wing vs Nani: Both have been very good in times we had good midfield and both had been bad in times we had bad central midfield. Remember, Valencia's depute season was marvellous until he broke his leg. Then in 2011/2012 he was Man United player of the season. This year, he has been one of our top players in the UCL. Perhaps the second best.

I appreciate Nani's skills, but it is wrong to suggest Valencia offers nothing going forward. Nani botto.m level is also a shame, even this season.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 10:27pm On Jan 03, 2014
afrodoc:
play people in their rightful positions first.

he played just one EPL game. we had a clean sheet in that game and he had a 6.96 rating (better than evra), so he was not exactly woeful

his other match was in the capital one cup where he came on in the 90th minute and still grabbed a goal, he was not woeful there either.

play RBs in the RB position first and lets see if they are good enough. if a certain one leg wonder cant make it at RW ship him out!

and there is a very simple reason why valencia is equally useless as an overlapping RB , i will tell you if u ask nicely cheesy
Tell me sth.

(1) (2) (3) ... (710) (711) (712) (713) (714) (715) (716) ... (14216) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: Debroslink and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.