Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,630 members, 7,847,634 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 11:01 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (7450) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8829568 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7447) (7448) (7449) (7450) (7451) (7452) (7453) ... (14206) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by CAPdan21(m): 3:52pm On Jan 03, 2020
elampiro:

How the players ranked generally in all department. Tell me where you think Liverpool is obviously superior?

Midfield
Keita 7.16.............................................. (started only two games)
McTominay 7.15
Pogba 7.09
Febinho 7.06
Hendenson 7.01
Fred 6.89
Matic 6.76

Chamberlain 6.58
Milner 6.52

Forwards
Mane 7.62
Salah 7.36
Ferminho 7.29
Rashford 7.28
Martial 7.22
James 6.81

Defence
Matip 7.52
Trent 7.42
Dejan 7.22
Robertson 7.21
Bissaka 7.12
Maguire 7.01
Dalot 6.86........................................(one game so far)
Young 6.76
William 6.63
Lindelof 6.60

Shaw 6.63

Goalkeeper
Allison 6.6
DDG 6.4
All these are just circular arguments..the myth that liverpool midfielders are not really good is debunked by the fact that they have dominated almost all teams they have played this season...rewatch mancity vs leceister, wolves and sheffield and compare with their matches against liverpool
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 3:55pm On Jan 03, 2020
iamoyindamola:
Lie these guys can't pass or score. When you say move ball forward we can all see what happened when they played against United or Chelsea and city they struggled once the midfield get the ball they return it to the defence and from there to the attackers.
Against man utd they couldn't create anything because man utd allowed the midfielders to have the ball blocking the wings and full backs

Sometimes the space a midfielder has depends on how opposition players fear the strikers and they get disorganized.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 3:56pm On Jan 03, 2020
CAPdan21:

All these are just circular arguments..the myth that liverpool midfielders are not really good is debunked by the fact that they have dominated almost all teams they have played this season...rewatch mancity vs leceister, wolves and sheffield and compare with their matches against liverpool

And they could not dominate United midfield even though having superior forwards and defnders.

Remember too stats are facts. They give a big clue.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 3:57pm On Jan 03, 2020
elampiro:

First what you have confirmed is that a coach based his team creativity of the creative players in his team. If you have full backs that are creative and your midfielders are less creative, then the full backs can go all out while the less creative players stay to block. That is what Liverpool does. Every teams knows its strength. This is why Bissaka will be less forward going that Willians when they both mature. You guys should understand this.

As for creativity in midfield, those Liverpool midfielders are ordinary or even worse than ours. When you play a long ball to Messi he will control it. Play same long ball to Lingard or James, he will lose it. So foget about Henderson long balls. Salah is there to control them
You are going in circles, how come Rashford and Martial control and score off passes from Pogba and when he doesn't play, the supply is lacking? Abi you want to feign ignorance of how many times Rashford has scored off a ball over the top from Pogba?

You made a careless assertion that Liverpool's front 3 and to a lesser extent their fullbacks are key to creating chances noting that their midfield is average. I corrected that assertion. Salah, Mane and Firmino will struggle if they played for us.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by weedtaker: 4:01pm On Jan 03, 2020
patrickmuf:

You made a careless assertion that Liverpool's front 3 and to a lesser extent their fullbacks are key to creating chances noting that their midfield is average. I corrected that assertion. Salah, Mane and Firmino will struggle if they played for us.
If Klopp swap Their midfield for Fred McTom and Pogba nothing will change, I think that's elamps argument and I agree with him.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by CAPdan21(m): 4:03pm On Jan 03, 2020
elampiro:

And they could not dominate United midfield even though having superior forwards and defnders.

Remember too stats are facts. They give a big clue.
Every team has an off day even a brilliant team like Liverpool..besides even in that match Liverpool gained a foothold in that game while man utd were fortunate to escape with a point at the end
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by weedtaker: 4:05pm On Jan 03, 2020
CAPdan21:

Every team has an off day even a brilliant team like Liverpool..besides even in that match Liverpool gained a foothold in that game while man utd were fortunate to escape with a point at the end
Bcuz we didn't even attempt to play in the 2nd half, Chelsea's midfield dominated them twice in the Super cup and League game.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 4:08pm On Jan 03, 2020
patrickmuf:
You are going in circles, how come Rashford and Martial control and score off passes from Pogba and when he doesn't play, the supply is lacking? Abi you want to feign ignorance of how many times Rashford has scored off a ball over the top from Pogba?

Pogba played the highest number of minutes for us last season 3012 minutes which is equivalent to 33.5 games. He created only 9 assists

Accept you were wrong about this midfield team. It is our forward who lack the quality to cause harvoc. No one forward player can play with his back to the goal to control long balls. No one gets the ball and the whole opposition defence will immediately be in disarray.

Salah, Mane and Firminho will shine in any team.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by iamoyindamola(m): 4:09pm On Jan 03, 2020
weedtaker:
Bcuz we didn't even attempt to play in the 2nd half, Chelsea's midfield dominated them twice in the Super cup and League game.
Exactly that's why I said no creativity, all they do is press.
Remove the attackers they are rich man Wolverhampton
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by weedtaker: 4:15pm On Jan 03, 2020
iamoyindamola:

They are good for the system, for example I don't think a midfield of Pogba Ozil and Jorginho will work under klopps system, but that doesn't make dem bad players, just like xavi iniesta and busquit under Jose defensive tactics will be made to look ordinary.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by CAPdan21(m): 4:16pm On Jan 03, 2020
weedtaker:
Define dominate because liverpool had done the job on chelsea in d 1st half so could afford to sit back and wait 4 d counter...the supercup match was played when most teams were still adjusting to intensity after pre-season so d teams were not even at full fitness at dat time
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Lana1(m): 4:18pm On Jan 03, 2020
obainojazz:
Wrong... Liverpool players are able to move the ball to the final third... I'm not sure I've seen Fred run with the ball for two metres sef... No be by Debryune type of passes.. Even man city midfielders move with the ball
This is the 2nd time u are saying this about Fred and it's wrong af.

Against City, the 1-on-1 Rashford threw away in the first half, go and check the person who drove the ball forward from defence to the final third and laid up a sweet pass for Rashford while fending off 2 City players that were pressing him.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by iamoyindamola(m): 4:19pm On Jan 03, 2020
weedtaker:
They are good for the system, for example I don't think a midfield of Pogba Ozil and Jorginho will work under klopps system, but that doesn't make dem bad players, just like xavi iniesta and busquit under Jose defensive tactics will be made to look ordinary.

yeah you right, klopp doesn't need creativity except when he's having trouble. People rating that Henderson is my problem, that guy is a mistake of a player grin grin I no like him one bit
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by CAPdan21(m): 4:23pm On Jan 03, 2020
iamoyindamola:

oxlade Chamberlain with how many apps has more goals than utd entire midfield...even keita almost equal man utd midfield stats on his own...it's people like u dat were comparing TAA to that relegation slide tackler...which of man utd midfielders could come from the bench and made the same impact wijnaldum made against barca in CL semi last season

5 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by odizeey(m): 4:24pm On Jan 03, 2020
obainojazz:
Wrong... Liverpool players are able to move the ball to the final third... I'm not sure I've seen Fred run with the ball for two metres sef... No be by Debryune type of passes.. Even man city midfielders move with the ball
Simple stuff.
You as a midfielder no fit hold ball. Any small thing then disposes you. You can't pass accurately. Person con dey tell me another thing. Abegi.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by iamoyindamola(m): 4:28pm On Jan 03, 2020
CAPdan21:

oxlade Chamberlain with how many apps has more goals than utd entire midfield...even keita almost equal man utd midfield stats on his own...it's people like u dat were comparing TAA to that relegation slide tackler...which of man utd midfielders could come from the bench and made the same impact wijnaldum made against barca in CL semi last season
Go check my previous posts I was referring to the regular LFC midfielders (fabinho, Henderson, Giji) klopp only bring in ox or keita when the fullbacks and attackers are struggling
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by thorrvik55(m): 4:29pm On Jan 03, 2020
odizeey:

Simple stuff.
You as a midfielder no fit hold ball. Any small thing then disposes you.
You can't pass accurately. Person con dey tell me another thing. Abegi.

The bolded is the Cambridge dictionary definition of Fred...

Jittery in possession.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 4:30pm On Jan 03, 2020
CAPdan21:

Chaberlain has only 1 EPL goal this season.

Only McTominay equaled Liverpool midfield goals this season.

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by odizeey(m): 4:33pm On Jan 03, 2020
thorrvik55:

Jittery in possession.
And they are comparing such a person with people who are disciplined as fvckk.

Mk person hear another story abeg.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by CAPdan21(m): 4:35pm On Jan 03, 2020
elampiro:

Cmaberlain has only 1 EPL goal this season.
Only McTominay equaled Liverpool midfield goals this season.
I'm talking about all comps...hw many epl matches has Chamberlain started
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by obainojazz(m): 4:35pm On Jan 03, 2020
Lana1:
This is the 2nd time u are saying this about Fred and it's wrong af.

Against City, the 1-on-1 Rashford threw away in the first half, go and check the person who drove the ball forward from defence to the final third and laid up a sweet pass for Rashford while fending off 2 City players that were pressing him.
Against Man city.. And we've played a lot matches... Fred is really trying but dude won't make Liverpool team at this his current level sef.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by obainojazz(m): 4:38pm On Jan 03, 2020
weedtaker:
lol you the watch Fred seff?

Man can run with the ball, McSauce is the master at dis.

Fred plays as our DM so he's not licensed to run around with ball and still why run with the ball when you have the passing ability to release the ball making the transition quicker?
I no dey doubt Mctominay... If the guy works on his final ball.. He'll be madd complete. As for Fred, make we just happy for him small... Finish
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by CAPdan21(m): 4:38pm On Jan 03, 2020
iamoyindamola:
Go check my previous posts I was referring to the regular LFC midfielders (fabinho, Henderson, Giji) klopp only bring in ox or keita when the fullbacks and attackers are struggling
Like I explained to elampiro it is part of klopp gameplan...in CL semi when wijnaldum was given license to attack he bagged 2 goals, even in Netherland setup where he is the more attacking midfielder he bagged a brace against germany and an assist while scoring an hatrick in anoda game

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by weedtaker: 4:39pm On Jan 03, 2020
obainojazz:
I no dey doubt Mctominay... If the guy works on his final ball.. He'll be madd complete. As for Fred, make we just happy for him small... Finish
Fred has been better than Scott dis past few weeks before his injury, and am a big fan of Scott McSauce.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by weedtaker: 4:40pm On Jan 03, 2020
CAPdan21:

Like I explained to elampiro it is part of klopp gameplan...in CL semi when wijnaldum was given license to attack he bagged 2 goals, even in Netherland setup where he is the more attacking midfielder he bagged a brace against germany and an assist while scoring an hatrick in anoda game
so that makes him creative than Paul Pogba?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by obainojazz(m): 4:41pm On Jan 03, 2020
iamoyindamola:
Lie these guys can't pass or score. When you say move ball forward we can all see what happened when they played against United or Chelsea and city they struggled once the midfield get the ball they return it to the defence and from there to the attackers.
Against man utd they couldn't create anything because man utd allowed the midfielders to have the ball blocking the wings and full backs
So man utd got the formation right about wetin they wan create again. You blocked attackers and full backs. Who will they create for then. At least they were able to keep the ball.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 4:43pm On Jan 03, 2020
CAPdan21:

I'm talking about all comps...hw many epl matches has Chamberlain started

If he is so good why is he not a regular?

We judge with EPL
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by obainojazz(m): 4:43pm On Jan 03, 2020
weedtaker:
Fred has been better than Scott dis past few weeks before his injury, and am a big fan of Scott McSauce.
Mctom has like two injuries spells I think.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by weedtaker: 4:43pm On Jan 03, 2020
thorrvik55:

Jittery in possession.
Rubbish, Fred has been the one running our midfield since, you're describing Fred of last season and earlier dis season, you're a Chelsea fan so I won't blame you for thinking nothing has changed in Fred's game.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by CAPdan21(m): 4:44pm On Jan 03, 2020
weedtaker:
so that makes him creative than Paul Pogba?
I'm not a fan of pogba but I'm not denying his quality..I'm talking to those who are comparing McTom and Fred to wijnaldum & co...wijnaldum was even an AM who scored an hatrick against Tottenham for newcastle before klopp started playing him deeper
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by weedtaker: 4:45pm On Jan 03, 2020
obainojazz:
Mctom has like two injuries spells I think.
even when both are in the Field, Though earlier dis season McSauce was clearly better.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by iamoyindamola(m): 4:46pm On Jan 03, 2020
obainojazz:
So man utd got the formation right about wetin they wan create again. You blocked attackers and full backs. Who will they create for then. At least they were able to keep the ball.
bros they were recycling possession, that's not football if you can't create something out of nothing.
Until lallana and keita entered they started hitting man utd and the goal came in.
My point is that midfield is just there to shield defence and allow VVD get most praises

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (7447) (7448) (7449) (7450) (7451) (7452) (7453) ... (14206) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: MRTA7, segzysexy(m), Balogunodua(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 113
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.