Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,609 members, 7,847,552 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 08:31 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (7451) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8829216 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7448) (7449) (7450) (7451) (7452) (7453) (7454) ... (14206) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by CAPdan21(m): 4:49pm On Jan 03, 2020
elampiro:

If he is so good why is he not a regular?

We judge with EPL
Fitness problems..I'll like to c any footballer who missed a full season of football and came back to his real level immediately, even players out for 2 to 3 months even need months to come back to speed talkless of one yr...oxlade b4 his injury was in Liverpool first 11
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Lana1(m): 4:49pm On Jan 03, 2020
I cant even count how many times(since last season) when we've been in this kind of situation below and yet our attackers won't score.

But people here will always blame the midfielders and full backs for not creating enough just to exonerate their fav players of any blame........which is just funny especially as United is top 5 in EPL teams who have created the most chances this season.

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by weedtaker: 4:49pm On Jan 03, 2020
CAPdan21:

I'm not a fan of pogba but I'm not denying his quality..I'm talking to those who are comparing McTom and Fred to wijnaldum & co...wijnaldum was even an AM who scored an hatrick against Tottenham for newcastle before klopp started playing him deeper
but under Klopp his creativity isn't needed, his work rate is what most people who started following him at Liverpool knows him by.

I for one knows he's a goal scoring midfielder from his PSV and Newcastle days.

What elamps is trying to tell you is that, the way Gini is used at Liverpool makes the comparison with McSauce valid as he's not expected to be a creative outlet for them but rather a workaholic.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by biomustry: 4:52pm On Jan 03, 2020
iamoyindamola:
Lionel messilingard
Lingoals

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Lana1(m): 4:52pm On Jan 03, 2020
Rashford: Has tried this season but highly inconsistent.

James: Pace merchant.

Martial: Absolutely lethargic most times.

Greenwood: Potential.

Our forward players are a mess.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by weedtaker: 4:53pm On Jan 03, 2020
Lana1:
I cant even count how many times(since last season) when we've been in this kind of situation below and yet our attackers won't score.

But people here will always blame the midfielders and full backs for not creating enough just to exonerate their fav players of any blame........which is just funny especially as United is top 5 in EPL teams who have created the most chances this season.
Our attacking players are still sh!t at decision making.

there was even a chance where Rashford had his back to goal and there's Fred at the edge of the 18yard box waiting a simple 2yard pass from Rashford to have a good shot on goal, Only for baba to channel his inner hazard and start turning like barber chair.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by CAPdan21(m): 4:54pm On Jan 03, 2020
weedtaker:
but under Klopp his creativity isn't needed, his work rate is what most people who started following him at Liverpool knows him by.

I for one knows he's a goal scoring midfielder from his PSV and Newcastle days.

What elamps is trying to tell you is that, the way Gini is used at Liverpool makes the comparison with McSauce valid as he's not expected to be a creative outlet for them but rather a workaholic.
Nah...that's not what he said...read where the argument started..this whole furor was due to him saying Liverpool midfield were not creative at all while I was trying to make him see that bcuz their creativity was not needed does not mean that they were not
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by vetrovialMan(m): 4:54pm On Jan 03, 2020
grin
iamharkinwaley:

We're f^ucked !!! angry
grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 4:56pm On Jan 03, 2020
elampiro:

Pogba played the highest number of minutes for us last season 3012 minutes which is equivalent to 33.5 games. He created only 9 assists

Accept you were wrong about this midfield team. It is our forward who lack the quality to cause harvoc. No one forward player can play with his back to the goal to control long balls. No one gets the ball and the whole opposition defence will immediately be in disarray.

Salah, Mane and Firminho will shine in any team.
In our last match against Arsenal, Lingard had an opportunity to play Martial through on goal but he choose to pass instead to James and the pass was even behind him. Is that the strikers fault? Kolasinac created the first goal, Sokratis scored the second. Defenders contributing to the attack. Our supporting cast is as bad as they come.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Lana1(m): 4:58pm On Jan 03, 2020
weedtaker:
Our attacking players are still sh!t at decision making.

there was even a chance where Rashford had his back to goal and there's Fred at the edge of the 18yard box waiting a simple 2yard pass from Rashford to have a good shot on goal, Only for baba to channel his inner hazard and start turning like barber chair.
Lol. Let's not even dive deep into the topic.

All our players have very poor decision making and of all them, Rashford is the worst. His thought process can be shocking.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 5:00pm On Jan 03, 2020
Lana1:

Is Lingard an attacker or a midfielder? You want to blame the strikers when from your pictorial evidence it points to the fact that our attacking midfielder made the wrong choice.

Kolasinac that created Arsenals first goal, is he a striker? Sokratis that scored the second, is he a striker?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by weedtaker: 5:07pm On Jan 03, 2020
patrickmuf:
In our last match against Arsenal, Lingard had an opportunity to play Martial through on goal but he choose to pass instead to James and the pass was even behind him. Is that the strikers fault? Kolasinac created the first goal, Sokratis scored the second. Defenders contributing to the attack. Our supporting cast is as bad as they come.
We've many problem in dis team, First being our lack of movement

In the 2nd half when Arsenal were gassed out and we had control of the ball we were an eye sore, Fred go hold ball everybody go stand the look like zombie.

Since we don't have a good number 10 why not switch to 4-3-3 na must say we must play that Rubbish 4-2-3-1?

Our pressing game is not coordinated at all, it looks amateur level, Rashford will be running with the ball, Shaw the LB go just stand and expect Rashas to dribble 3people and score or assist, is that how other teams in the PL attack? why is only our different?

Another is the balls to drop underperforming players, them suppose don drop de gea, Maguire lindelof AWB Lingard and perreira at one point dis season, but despite their poor forms they are all still guaranteed to play.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by weedtaker: 5:15pm On Jan 03, 2020
patrickmuf:
Is Lingard an attacker or a midfielder? You want to blame the strikers when from your pictorial evidence it points to the fact that our attacking midfielder made the wrong choice.
despite Rashfords form dis season, his decision making is shocking! In the arsenal game when Martial moved to LW to have more influence in the game, and Rashdord moved to CF baba just disappeared, couldn't even do a one-two with martial.

Kolasinac that created Arsenals first goal, is he a striker? Sokratis that scored the second, is he a striker?
You can leave the entire left flank empty for Luke shaw and he would run at top speed only to stop and pass back once he's near arsenals box, no wonder Jose said he acts as his brain.

And that 80mil for what? we for just buy Luiz for two mill since na ball playing CB we de find.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 5:18pm On Jan 03, 2020
weedtaker:
We've many problem in dis team, First being our lack of movement

In the 2nd half when Arsenal were gassed out and we had control of the ball we were an eye sore, Fred go hold ball everybody go stand the look like zombie.

Since we don't have a good number 10 why not switch to 4-3-3 na must say we must play that Rubbish 4-2-3-1?

Our pressing game is not coordinated at all, it looks amateur level, Rashford will be running with the ball, Shaw the LB go just stand and expect Rashas to dribble 3people and score or assist, is that how other teams in the PL attack? why is only our different?

Another is the balls to drop underperforming players, them suppose don drop de gea, Maguire lindelof AWB Lingard and perreira at one point dis season, but despite their poor forms they are all still guaranteed to play.
I wouldn't mind a 4 - 4 - 2 at the moment with Rashford and James on the wings.

Our pressing game is the worst of the top teams. No be today we start to complain, the front 3 will press, the midfield won't join and if the midfield joins, the defense will just sit back rather than step up to narrow the playing field.

Talking about overlapping play, no be today we start to talk that one. Some folks here still throw weightless punches at us for suggesting our full backs to join the attack more often so they can drag defenders away from the wingers or be released to whip in crosses like Auba did Kolasinac...Everything points to a clueless coach.

At Arsenal, Ozil is putting in a shift because Arteta won't settle for less but the clown we have here is talking about not signing players so it doesn't disrupt the team Chemistry...If we have any chemistry, we'd be doing a lot better.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by weedtaker: 5:24pm On Jan 03, 2020
Lana1:
Lol. Let's not even dive deep into the topic.

All our players have very poor decision making and of all them, Rashford is the worst. His thought process can be shocking.
He actually does well when he has little time to think, but once baba get time just expect rubbish.

At least him shots don de de on target small small other than before wey him de send them out of OT.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 5:25pm On Jan 03, 2020
weedtaker:
lol, dis is just wrong!

he's the skipper of a team that just won the CL, starting player for that matter, he's very much underrated.

Skipper in most cases na by seniority as long as you are regular
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by weedtaker: 5:27pm On Jan 03, 2020
raumdeuter:

Skipper in most cases na by seniority as long as you are regular
I know but still, he's a very good Midfielder and suits Klopps system.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 5:30pm On Jan 03, 2020
patrickmuf:

Lingard is onw of the forward. Lingard, Martial, Rashford, James are our attacking players.

Put our midfield Pogba, Fred and McTominay behind Salah, Mane and our midfield will shine. Pogba's 9 assists will increase
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 5:32pm On Jan 03, 2020
Lana1:

Thanks for this pic.

@elampiro, this is what I was telling you about on Wednesday that Lingard doesn't need to run with the ball. Just lay the pass to Martial. Look at that huge space for Martial angry

But when one knows only to run like a headless-chicken undecided
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by obainojazz(m): 5:32pm On Jan 03, 2020
iamoyindamola:
bros they were recycling possession, that's not football if you can't create something out of nothing.
Until lallana and keita entered they started hitting man utd and the goal came in.
My point is that midfield is just there to shield defence and allow VVD get most praises
Both Lallana and Keita are Liverpool midfielders...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by iamoyindamola(m): 5:34pm On Jan 03, 2020
obainojazz:
Both Lallana and Keita are Liverpool midfielders...
I know but we were talking about the regular midfielders
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 5:37pm On Jan 03, 2020
chrisley024:
Thanks for this pic.

@elampiro, this is what I was telling you about on Wednesday that Lingard doesn't need to run with the ball. Just lay the pass to Martial. Just look at that huge space for Martial angry

Is it posaible to see the video again?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 5:37pm On Jan 03, 2020
elampiro:

Pogba played the highest number of minutes for us last season 3012 minutes which is equivalent to 33.5 games. He created only 9 assists

Accept you were wrong about this midfield team. It is our forward who lack the quality to cause harvoc. No one forward player can play with his back to the goal to control long balls. No one gets the ball and the whole opposition defence will immediately be in disarray.

Salah, Mane and Firminho will shine in any team.

I agree with Elamps here. Salah and Mane will shine in any team, I am not sure about Firmino

If its a system that requires their 9 to score
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Lana1(m): 5:46pm On Jan 03, 2020
patrickmuf:

Lingard is our attacking midfielder.
He's part of the front 4.

Anyways, i agree with you, and many people have argued it here before that the rest of the team has to contribute more in terms of goals and the build-up to a goal. Leaving goal scoring to our attackers alone makes no sense. That's why when Rashford or Martial dont turn up, we will probably lose. I cant even remember when last we scored from a corner or a set piece.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Lana1(m): 5:49pm On Jan 03, 2020
chrisley024:
Thanks for this pic.

@elampiro, this is what I was telling you about on Wednesday that Lingard doesn't need to run with the ball. Just lay the pass to Martial. Look at that huge space for Martial angry

Another scenario would be for Lingard to run towards the CB to draw him out so that James could have a free run on goal. Either way this attack should have ended in a goal but Lingard is just not intelligent. Very dull!

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 5:58pm On Jan 03, 2020
Lana1:
Another scenario would be for Lingard to run towards the CB to draw him out so that James could have a free run on goal. Either way this attack should have ended in a goal but Lingard is just not intelligent. Very dull!

Exactly my observation from day one.

However, Martial ran towards James whicj helped the defenders.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 5:59pm On Jan 03, 2020
Martial was not so clear, if it were Rashford or James in same position, we could have counted on their speed to out pace the defenders
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 6:01pm On Jan 03, 2020
Lana1:
Lingard is our attacking midfielder.
He's part of the front 4.

Anyways, i agree with you, and many people have argued it here before that the rest of the team has to contribute more in terms of goals and the build-up to a goal. Leaving goal scoring to our attackers alone makes no sense. That's why when Rashford or Martial dont turn up, we will probably lose. I cant even remember when last we scored from a corner or a set piece.

Rashford scored one recently from a very good Bassaka's cross.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Lana1(m): 6:26pm On Jan 03, 2020
elampiro:

Rashford scored one recently from a very good Bassaka's cross.
Yes. Against Newcastle. But that's just one in how many games?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by airmark(m): 6:37pm On Jan 03, 2020
Oasis007:
Martial and Lingard are ill and will miss tomorrow’s game against Wolves.

- Guardian

Afrodoc2 will treat Lingard, Martial is on his own.

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by airmark(m): 6:45pm On Jan 03, 2020
elampiro:

Creativity

Chances created per minutes played
Pogba 32.6
Keita 49.3
Fred 54.9
Ferbinho 77.4
Henderson 79.6
Milner 83
McTominay 97

However among all of them, McTominay is most likely to score a goal
When it comes to Tackles, 1.Keita, 2.Febinho and 3.Henderson are all slightly ahead of McTominay who is united best in that aspect.
On interception, Keita and Fred are the best. Pogba is desperately poor in interception.

So, what's your conclusion based on data above? Should i help you do the additions for 3 midfielders for each team?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 7:07pm On Jan 03, 2020
airmark:

So, what's your conclusion based on data above? Should i help you do the additions for 3 midfielders for each team?

United play two midfield players. You may want to do chances created by minutes for two players. Not just addition.

But we alreay saw their overall whoscored rating

(1) (2) (3) ... (7448) (7449) (7450) (7451) (7452) (7453) (7454) ... (14206) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: Leyqute(m), Ijustwantto, Sportsweb, TrebleChamp(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.