Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,827 members, 7,862,725 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 02:27 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (7454) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8870546 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7451) (7452) (7453) (7454) (7455) (7456) (7457) ... (14216) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chidexxy007(m): 11:42am On Jan 04, 2020
Leyqute:

Ole has been acting senile since the loss to Newcastle and Longrod. I don handoff since.

His reaction to van Persie’s criticism is just off, especially the last ‘medieval’ part. I don’t really watch or read comments from his pressers again.

Ole is senile. I repeat, Ole is senile.
That medieval part really got me. Like wtf?

Kuku join arsenal fans and start jumping round the stadium na, rubbish.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 11:44am On Jan 04, 2020
Cpaul47:
Every week new drama.. Watch how positive news will fill everywhere once we get a win tonight

Another Masterclass performance loading....

I don’t think we’ll get a win tonight. And if we manage to beat Wolves it won’t really change anything.

You gotta move past momentary wins and losses. It’s deeper than it seems.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by larride(m): 12:11pm On Jan 04, 2020
Leyqute:

Ole has been acting senile since the loss to Newcastle and Longrod. I don handoff since.

His reaction to van Persie’s criticism is just off, especially the last ‘medieval’ part. I don’t really watch or read comments from his pressers again.

Ole is senile. I repeat, Ole is senile.

It was so unnecessary. It wasn’t even like RVP was attacking him, he just said what he wanted to see more from him and baba started talking about Jersey no 20. angry

Or did someone tell Ole that they want to sack him and replace him with RVP?

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by larride(m): 12:13pm On Jan 04, 2020
Creatrixity:

I think Van Piro got under Ole's skin and I'm loving it. I'm cool with Ole but the man needs to stop acting all chummy when it's obvious some players need a kick up the azz. A good manager can switch from chummy (which can be absolutely necessary) to a dreadful hurricane when needed.

See Sir Alex for references

Even Rio agreed with RVP observation.

Just imagine the class or 92 attacking Ole as they did with Mou. grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by weedtaker: 12:36pm On Jan 04, 2020
larride:

Guyman go just form illness like some of our players and pass pressure put for carrick body grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dubylhover(m): 1:12pm On Jan 04, 2020
larride:

Those cowards who didn't waste time to bash mou and lvg
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by larride(m): 1:29pm On Jan 04, 2020
weedtaker:
Guyman go just form illness like some of our players and pass pressure put for carrick body grin

He go don dey meltdown mode already. grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Ravioli(m): 1:50pm On Jan 04, 2020
Burnley wan kee this team.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 1:53pm On Jan 04, 2020
patrickmuf:
Elampiro, I am certain from your comments you don't watch a whole lot of games, you depend mostly on reviews and stat sites to form an opinion. Henderson is more creative than Fred, there's no comparison here. Wijnaldum is more dangerous around the box than all our CM bar Pogba...Only Pogba can walk into that Liverpool midfield and only because of his individual quality but then, his work rate will fail him if he does not improve.

On creativity, I see you talking about front 4, before now, you used to say front 3 until you managed to convince yourself that an AMF is an attacker. I need not explain that an AMF is different from a SS which is the role Tevez and Rooney played to perfection. The job of an AMF is to get the ball from midfield and either drive into the opposition half using speed and technique or use his passing skills to locate an attacking player.

No elite team depends only on their strikers (front 3 or 4 as you wish). Bayern has Lewandowski, Gnabry, Coman, Alaba, Kimmich, Coutinho.

Barcelona has Messi, Suarez, Griezemann, Alba and Semedo.

Manchester City has Aguero, De Bruyne, Sterling, Mendy, Mahrez and Bernardo Silva

Real Madrid have Benzema, Hazard, Bale, Marcelo, Carvajal.

Juventus have Ronaldo, Higuain, Dybala, Alex Sandro, the passing skills of Bonucci at the back etc.

Liverpool have Salah, Mane, Firmino, Robertson, TAA plus added creativity from deep (Van Dijk and Henderson).

Every top team is set up to have at least 5 players in attacking position when they go forward coupled with midfielders who have got the passing range should they decide to go long but you're here arguing otherwise. How you want the strikers to do it all when the AMF is trash and their fullbacks don't bump forward to draw defenders away from them is beyond me.

In the past I have asked you to study videos of Messi getting past players wherein you'll see the importance of the runs the likes of Suarez, Alba, Rakitic, Semedo and the rest make. One run behind or across a defender is enough to destabilize a whole defense just like the run Kolasinac made that saw our defensive shape all over the place.

I dont look at stats. I only look at stats when argument is getting long and sometimea want to know who might be right or wrong. But again stats are the most credible judgement not your subjective views based on the way you underatand football

Hendenson is not as creative as Fred, he only plays with more quality forwarda. Yet Fred still beats him on stats. Do you know many through balls Fred has passed and got missed from poor attempt?

Central Attacking midfielder 10 is a forward player. It is not debatable. When Rooney played 10 behind RVP why did we all agree he was a forward player? None of us ever considered him a midfielder. You were here when Coogar and I had years of arguments. These poaitions are settled you cannot change them. Cetral attacking midfeilder plays behind the striker and between the two wingers. He is meant to be the primary supplier.

Who has said elite teams depends only on strikers. No team does. Also no team or elite team depends on only defenders to defend the box. But we know whose jobs it is to defend primarily

Every top team and low teams set several men in attacking position when they attack and even more men in defenaive poaition when they defend. But we are talking of primary reaponsibilities. It is not like we are saying players should be statues.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 1:55pm On Jan 04, 2020
eph12:

Which successful team depended on only the attackers to create chances and score goals, especially in the last decade or so?

You seem not to pay attention to what you read before you reply
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 1:59pm On Jan 04, 2020
Ravioli:
Burnley wan kee this team.

....with aerial ability. Watch how United will struggle against the same team grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 2:05pm On Jan 04, 2020
Guys seems not to understand what is called primary responsibilities. It doesnt mean that reaponaibilities dont overlap.

Also, it is not only 'succesful teams' who have non forward players as creative players. All teams do have players from all positions heavily creating, even bottom table teams.

So it is not something perculiar to succesful teams. Every team big or small would always free up an attacking minded deep player.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 2:16pm On Jan 04, 2020
elampiro:

I dont look at stats. I only look at stats when argument is getting long and sometimea want to know who might be right or wrong. But again stats are the most credible judgement not your subjective views based on the way you underatand football

Hendenson is not as creative as Fred, he only plays with more quality forwarda. Yet Fred still beats him on stats. Do you know many through balls Fred has passed and got missed from poor attempt?

Central Attacking midfielder 10 is a forward player. It is not debatable. When Rooney played 10 behind RVP why did we all agree he was a forward player? None of us ever considered him a midfielder. You were here when Coogar and I had years of arguments. These poaitions are settled you cannot change them. Cetral attacking midfeilder plays behind the striker and between the two wingers. He is meant to be the primary supplier.

Who has said elite teams depends only on strikers. No team does. Also no team or elite team depends on only defenders to defend the box. But we know whose jobs it is to defend primarily

Every top team and low teams set several men in attacking position when they attack and even more men in defenaive poaition when they defend. But we are talking of primary reaponsibilities. It is not like we are saying players should be statues.
I'll end the argument here...If you think Fred is more creative than Henderson, then fine.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by weedtaker: 2:35pm On Jan 04, 2020
patrickmuf:
I'll end the argument here...If you think Fred is more creative than Henderson, then fine.
I think Fred is more creative than Henderson.

Henderson though is good at long passes.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Ravioli(m): 3:08pm On Jan 04, 2020
Cpaul47:

....with aerial ability. Watch how United will struggle against the same team grin

Hmmmm
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by pharod(m): 3:11pm On Jan 04, 2020
kokaneprodigy:

With United DNA Where else should he be?

I'm sure he pressed the doctor into giving him a fake DNA result. angry
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by airmark(m): 3:12pm On Jan 04, 2020
elampiro:

Whoscored stats has over 200 indices for measuring performance. United midfielders rated higher than Liverpool midfielders.

Raumdeuter, is whoscored reliable? grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MRTA7: 3:15pm On Jan 04, 2020
weedtaker:
I think Fred is more creative than Henderson.

Henderson though is good at long passes.

Fred hasn't shown creativity. He has played some decent passes forward but not much and not consistently. I'm not convinced he has shown enough to prove he's more creative than Henderson who is probably the least creative regular midfielder for Liverpool.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Ravioli(m): 3:16pm On Jan 04, 2020
Manchester United: Grades in 2019-20
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Chrisus(m): 3:27pm On Jan 04, 2020
Ravioli:
Manchester United: Grades in 2019-20
No matter what you want to post, I'm certain of one thing:

Lingard - F9: Advised to withdraw

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by izzou(m): 3:29pm On Jan 04, 2020
Chrisus:

grin grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 3:36pm On Jan 04, 2020
elampiro:

You seem not to pay attention to what you read before you reply
The answer you're trying so hard to avoid is none. Every other thing there is just you trying to win an argument.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Prectega(m): 4:27pm On Jan 04, 2020
The wailing and gnashing of teeth today nuh go be here grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 4:29pm On Jan 04, 2020
Prectega:
The wailing and gnashing of teeth today nuh go be here grin
if they lose there’s a ready made positive to be laid out.

“At least they can now focus on winning the league and Europa league”
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Prectega(m): 4:30pm On Jan 04, 2020
kokaneprodigy:
if they lose there’s a ready made positive to be laid out.

“At least they can now focus on winning the league and Europa league”

Win gini .. With which squad ..
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by codedguy1(m): 4:38pm On Jan 04, 2020
elampiro:

We are talking about the main people who create. We have four in front including the number 10 whose primary responsibility in 4-2-3-1 is to create..

Liverpool has three in front freeing one middle man to support defence. Our midfielders and defnders don't have that luxury of extra coverage

Who is that No 10 in united that we expect yo create?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by codedguy1(m): 4:47pm On Jan 04, 2020
weedtaker:
Be like dis Arsenal loss pain guys well well, I still think that game is fluke.

I actually see us beating wolves today sha.

Hope so but it won't change Ole from being a useless coach. angry
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 5:05pm On Jan 04, 2020
larride:

It was so unnecessary. It wasn’t even like RVP was attacking him, he just said what he wanted to see more from him and baba started talking about Jersey no 20. angry

Or did someone tell Ole that they want to sack him and replace him with RVP?

Everything Ole said in response to that demand for more passion post-match is nonsense. Absolute crapp. Pure poppycock.

Ole himself is injured. He needs to check in into the sick bay.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 5:09pm On Jan 04, 2020
The pressure is beginning to get to Ole. IMO he has nothing new to offer
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Ravioli(m): 5:15pm On Jan 04, 2020
Chrisus:
Lol
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 5:20pm On Jan 04, 2020
codedguy1:

Who is that No 10 in united that we expect yo create?

They are not good enough and if Pogba and Tominay are fit, we can play 4-3-3 instead

McTominay-Fred-Pogba

We can still use Matic if Pogba is absent. But Pogba and Matic together might not be good due to little sprint time and low distance coved sprinting and running.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Ravioli(m): 5:27pm On Jan 04, 2020
Nani: "On New Year, we could go to training drunk and the coach didn't care about it. That's the side of [Sir Alex Ferguson] that knew how to deal with the players and have the perception to say 'this day is special, I can't make demands'."

(1) (2) (3) ... (7451) (7452) (7453) (7454) (7455) (7456) (7457) ... (14216) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.