Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,752 members, 7,851,580 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 11:23 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (7631) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8840696 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7628) (7629) (7630) (7631) (7632) (7633) (7634) ... (14209) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by pazienza(m): 12:45pm On Feb 24, 2020
Expert17:

Rashford doesnt play 9 that much, he plays from the wing...............so dnt compare with Vardy and Auba.
EPL defenders dnt mark him before scoring those previous 14 goals ba
also we are winning lot of Penalties so much this season because of our fast forwards, so he would have score 2-3 more goals apart from open play chances

EPL defenders hvnt figure out how to mark kane, aguero, salah and mane after how many years

Auba plays wing too nowadays.

EPL defenders Mark Mane and Salah well now, that's why you see they are not on top of the table. Kane has had to deal with flying tackles from defenders leading to his injuries recently, Aguero is in and out of treatment room on regular basis as well.
They are all better players than than Rashford.
You really have no point but just sheer emotions.

How many Pks have you won recently? Who is to say he wouldn't have missed half of them?
Once you are marked as a team main goal threat, teams pay special attention to double mark and stop you. Rashford had a good run, but ultimately, teams would have caught up with his style and neutralized him.
At a point it looked like Vardy was going to run away with the highest goal scorer title, I bet if he was injured, Leceister fans would be saying that he could have been on 25 goals by now.
Teams studied his moves and now easily cut him off from his supplies hence his recent drought.
Who is Rashford

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 12:45pm On Feb 24, 2020
Expert17:

Yh.... Eddie Nketiah was the 9 yesterday

You gerrit Bro.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 12:46pm On Feb 24, 2020
Jodera:
lol...

grin

Not balling..... Your Siggy seems wrong.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Jodera: 12:53pm On Feb 24, 2020
Oasis007:

grin

Not balling..... Your Siggy seems wrong.
grin grin...
No be only football I dey ball na...
I dey ball other things!!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Expert17: 12:54pm On Feb 24, 2020
pazienza:

EPL defenders Mark Mane and Salah well now, that's why you see they are not on top of the table. Kane has had to deal with flying tackles from defenders leading to his injuries recently, Aguero is in and out of treatment room on regular basis as well.

How many Pks have you won recently? Who is to say he wouldn't have missed half of them?
Once you are marked as a team main goal threat, teams pay special attention to double mark and stop you. Rashford had a good run, but ultimately, teams would have caught up with his style and neutralized him.
At a point it looked like Vardy was going to run away with the highest goal scorer title, I bet if he was injured, Leceister fans would be saying that he could have been on 25 goals by now.
Teams studied his moves and now easily cut him off from his supplies hence his recent drought.
Who is Rashford

You wrote alot dere,.........

Rashford is a STAR in the making, that will easily walk into ur team (Arsenal)
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Jodera: 12:55pm On Feb 24, 2020
pazienza:

[/b]At a point it looked like Vardy was going to run away with the highest goal scorer title, I bet if he was injured, Leceister fans would be saying that he could have been on 25 goals by now[b].
Who is Rashford
This is the absolute truth..
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 12:57pm On Feb 24, 2020
Jodera:
grin grin...
No be only football I dey ball na...
I dey ball other things!!

grin

Other Room I guess?! LMAO!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Jodera: 12:59pm On Feb 24, 2020
Oasis007:

grin

Other Room I guess?! LMAO!
grin grin
I no talk that one sha
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by pazienza(m): 1:10pm On Feb 24, 2020
Expert17:

You wrote alot dere,.........

Rashford is a STAR in the making, that will easily walk into ur team (Arsenal)

Rashford has world class potential. I'm his fan.
Dude is humble and hardworking.
Yes, he would walk straight into our LW position, no doubt.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by obainojazz(m): 1:13pm On Feb 24, 2020
pazienza:

Rashford has world class potential. I'm his fan.
Dude is humble and hardworking.
Yes, he would walk straight into our LW position, no doubt.
Rashford greater than Auba lipsrsealed
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Chrisus(m): 1:16pm On Feb 24, 2020
obainojazz:

Not yet, but soon.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by pazienza(m): 1:28pm On Feb 24, 2020
obainojazz:

Currently, No!
In the nearest future? Maybe. If he stays away from niggling injuries.
Auba main selling point is that he is a fitness machine.
Perpetually always injury free.

If we have Rashford, Auba will go CF, Rashford and Pepe on the wings.

Anybody we catch, nah kill and bury things. grin
If only wishes were horses.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Expert17: 1:32pm On Feb 24, 2020
pazienza:

Currently, No!

With Bellerin, David Luiz, Mustafi and Kolasinac at ur back am not sure oooo cheesy cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by obainojazz(m): 1:49pm On Feb 24, 2020
pazienza:

Currently, No!

The same Pepe.. Mba
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 1:50pm On Feb 24, 2020
CapitalCee:

I like this your formation. If Pogba goes in the summer, we can use his money to buy Sancho, then get Grealish, which will be more easier if villa get relagated, we can add Abdulouye Dacoure from watford. Jones, Lingard and Perrera to go unfailingly.

DDG, Bailly, Maguire, AWB, Shaw; Mctoms, Fred, Bruno, Sancho, Rashford, Martial.

Subs: Grealish, Dacoure, Willaims, Matic, Greewood, Dalot, Tuanzebe, James, Romero, Lindelof, etc.

I don't like Grealish, he drifts towards the left wing too much for a CAM.

Dacoure has regressed this season, I really don't know if it's down to the poor form of the club as a whole.

Sancho will be a good buy if he settles for that RW position and not become another player that'll prefer to play from the left.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by obainojazz(m): 1:51pm On Feb 24, 2020
Chrisus:

Not yet, but soon.
I concur
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 1:52pm On Feb 24, 2020
CapitalCee:

Yeah, why i said grealish is that Villa might get relegated and he might come cheap, he can do few jobs when some of our players are out injured. For me a midfield trio of Mctomminay, Fred and Bruno is not bad. For me our main transfer target must be Sancho. A front 3 of Sancho, Rashford and Martial will be great.

Send Gomez and Chong on loan, even if its in the championship. Our GK Henderson should be prepared as the heir to DDG
The English press will murder Ole is he benches Grealish. Trust me, you don't want them coming for Bruno in a bid to get Ole start Grealish...They'll highlight every bad pass and wrong touch Bruno makes.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by pazienza(m): 1:55pm On Feb 24, 2020
Expert17:

With Bellerin, David Luiz, Mustafi and Kolasinac at ur back am not sure oooo cheesy cheesy

Mustafi is improved cheesy We have Saliba incoming, and we are yet to see what Mari has to offer.
Tierney for Kolasinac. Bellerin is a big issue though.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by pazienza(m): 1:57pm On Feb 24, 2020
patrickmuf:
I don't like Grealish, he drifts towards the left wing too much for a CAM.

Dacoure has regressed this season, I really don't know if it's down to the poor form of the club as a whole.

Sancho will be a good buy if he settles for that RW position and not become another player that'll prefer to play from the left.

Doucoure is still good. Remember that Wjinaldum of Liverpool was once a part of a relegated Newcastle team.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Lana1(m): 1:58pm On Feb 24, 2020
pazienza:

EPL teams would mark him out and defend in mass against him once they know he is the main threat. It's exactly why Vardy is currently struggling, Auba suffered same fate too. Rashford is not a better striker than those two, yet teams figured out how to mark and isolate them from their teammates.

There is no knowing if Rashford could have added to his 14 goals haul by now. Saying that he would have ran away with the top scorer trophy by now is only but wishful thinking.
Why didn't defenders mark him out in the 9 open play goals he has scored this season? Let's not forget like 4 of the 5 penalties he has scored, he won them himself.

Why haven't they maked out Auba and Aguero who keep banging in goals every year?

I never said Rashford would run away with anything. I said he had a shot at winning it.
Between January when he got injured and now, you think he wont have scored at least 2 goals? That's 16 goals. The highest is on 17. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 1:59pm On Feb 24, 2020
pazienza:

Doucoure is still good. Remember that Wjinaldum of Liverpool was once a part of a relegated Newcastle team.
That's why I said I don't know if it's down to the collected poor form of the team or Dacoure himself. I have watched a couple of their games recently and he's been a shadow of himself.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by obainojazz(m): 2:01pm On Feb 24, 2020
We the only team in premeir league without any 3-match streak in either wins, draws or losses.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Expert17: 2:01pm On Feb 24, 2020
pazienza:

Mustafi is improved cheesy We have Saliba incoming, and we are yet to see what Mari has to offer.
Tierney for Kolasinac. Bellerin is a big issue though.

Everton attackers were just targeting that Bellerin wing yesterday, he cudnt deal with all that was thrown at him.........

David luiz shud be thrown out of that club
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by pazienza(m): 2:05pm On Feb 24, 2020
Lana1:
Why didn't defenders mark him out in the 9 open play goals he has scored this season? Let's not forget like 4 of the 5 penalties he has scored, he won them himself.

Why haven't they maked out Auba and Aguero who keep banging in goals every year?

I never said Rashford would run away with anything. I said he had a shot at winning it.
Between January when he got injured and now, you think he wont have scored at least 2 goals? That's 16 goals. The highest is on 17. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Vardy had a goal rush and got to 17 since December, yet has struggled to add to that since.
Rashford had a goal rush that led to that 14 goals, and Auba was on 14 goals then too, how many has he(Auba) and Vardy scored since then?
Considering that both are established goal scorers in EPL, yet have struggled to continue scoring, what are the chances that Rashford too wouldn't have been stopped right in his own tract as well?
Are you saying he is at same level as Auba and Vardy?
How many has Salah and Mane scored since then?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by pazienza(m): 2:12pm On Feb 24, 2020
Expert17:

Everton attackers were just targeting that Bellerin wing yesterday, he cudnt deal with all that was thrown at him.........

David luiz shud be thrown out of that club

Bellerin has always been a poor defender. He was a winger who lacked dribbling and goal scoring skills and so was converted to a right back by Wenger.
But he is currently not fully physically fit, we are trying to ease him in to avoid a relapse, which was why he was left at home during our recent trip to Greece in Europa league.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Expert17: 2:12pm On Feb 24, 2020
pazienza:

Vardy had a goal rush and got to 17 since December, yet has struggled to add to that since.
Rashford had a goal rush that led to that 14 goals, and Auba was on 14 goals then too, how many has he(Auba) and Vardy scored since then?
Considering that both are established goal scorers in EPL, yet have struggled to continue scoring, what are the chances that Rashford too wouldn't have been stopped right in his own tract as well?

U cant judge Rashford proposed form base on others form............ they are all different players playing with different clubs with different tactics................

and YES, Rashford would have scored atleast 3 EPL goals from beginning of January - end of February
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Lana1(m): 2:26pm On Feb 24, 2020
pazienza:

Who is Rashford
Lol. See shalaye. I'm sure you are one of those still waiting for Messi or Neymar to come to EPL before you can rate them because you overrate EPL defenders. No be the same EPL defenders wey small boys like Greenwood and Saka dey turn inside out?

Rashford had a good run but EPL defenders blah blah blah.... We are still waiting for those EPL defenders to figure Auba out. This is his 3rd season. He is 30 yrs old and he will likely win golden boot this year like he did last year. He could have won it in his first season too but he only played half season.

And dont try to drag Vardy for not scoring since. He missed a couple of games for Leicester from Christmas to well after new year. And Leicester have been generally poor since that time. They only have 1 win in their last 6 games and the goals seem to have dried up for everyone in the team. Not just Vardy.

4 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Lana1(m): 2:38pm On Feb 24, 2020
pazienza:

"Auba and Vardy didn't score plenty goals. So Rashford wont too." Lol. Ok.

Rashford is not on Auba/Vardy's level in terms of goal scoring...yet. But that doesn't mean he wont still score goals when needed.

Fact remains that Rashford was only 4 goals away from being the highest goal scorer at the time and he had a decent chance of contesting for the golden boot with the rest. C'est fini.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by pazienza(m): 3:19pm On Feb 24, 2020
Expert17:

U cant judge Rashford proposed form base on others form............ they are all different players playing with different clubs with different tactics................

and YES, Rashford would have scored atleast 3 EPL goals from beginning of January - end of February

This only a guess without a precedence, as Rashford before his goal rush was never known for his goal scoring prowess.
Nothing on ground to show that he could have eclipsed seasoned goal scoring forwards like Auba, Mane, Salah, Vardy, etc.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Jodera: 3:19pm On Feb 24, 2020
Expert17:

[/b]David luiz shud be thrown out of that club[b]
You just no like this David Luiz. Why?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Expert17: 3:26pm On Feb 24, 2020
Jodera:
You just no like this David Luiz. Why?

I am a Goal-keeper whenever i find myself on a football field,....

Luiz is not a good defender, easy to spot...... I will prefer him playing defensive midfield, so that all those errors wont reach 18 yard box
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by pazienza(m): 3:28pm On Feb 24, 2020
Lana1:
Lol. See shalaye. I'm sure you are one of those still waiting for Messi or Neymar to come to EPL before you can rate them because you overrate EPL defenders. No be the same EPL defenders wey small boys like Greenwood and Saka dey turn inside out?

Rashford had a good run but EPL defenders blah blah blah.... We are still waiting for those EPL defenders to figure Auba out. This is his 3rd season. He is 30 yrs old and he will likely win golden boot this year like he did last year. He could have won it in his first season too but he only played half season.

And dont try to drag Vardy for not scoring since. He missed a couple of games for Leicester from Christmas to well after new year. And Leicester have been generally poor since that time. They only have 1 win in their last 6 games and the goals seem to have dried up for everyone in the team. Not just Vardy.

He(Vardy) missed two games if I remember correctly. All players miss games at some point. So it's all part of the equation.
Leceister system got found out. That's the point. Goals dried up for Vardy who is their hitman and it affected the whole frontline as expected, the niggling injuries of Ndidi disrupted their team balance as well, as neither Choduary nor the other black guy they tried there offered same balance.

EPL is the toughest league in the world, you better believe it, the best managers in the game are here.
Auba being 30yrs means nothing, how old is Messi? He is in top physical shape, and rarely injured, that's the most important thing.
Auba had a rough patch just before Emery sack. It is Arteta new system that is once again allowing him to flourish, Auba main advantage over rivals is his fitness level.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7628) (7629) (7630) (7631) (7632) (7633) (7634) ... (14209) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.