Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,734 members, 7,851,524 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 09:25 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (7632) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8840382 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7629) (7630) (7631) (7632) (7633) (7634) (7635) ... (14209) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Jodera: 3:42pm On Feb 24, 2020
Expert17:

I am a Goal-keeper whenever i find myself on a football field,....

Luiz is not a good defender, easy to spot...... I will prefer him playing defensive midfield, so that all those errors wont reach 18 yard box
lol...OK.
But me I like the guy sha
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Swissh: 6:31pm On Feb 24, 2020
Dirty Rashford.......Lmao.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dubylhover(m): 6:44pm On Feb 24, 2020
elrony:
Great win..

Bruno is a very fine player.

Greenwood >>>> Anybody (I don't care) sad angry angry angry

Greenwood>>>>>>>haaland grin cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elrony(m): 7:58pm On Feb 24, 2020
dubylhover:

Greenwood>>>>>>>haaland grin cheesy

grin grin grin grin

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristineC: 10:27pm On Feb 24, 2020
useless goalkeeper for the hammers sad
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 4:37am On Feb 25, 2020
patrickmuf:
The English press will murder Ole is he benches Grealish. Trust me, you don't want them coming for Bruno in a bid to get Ole start Grealish...They'll highlight every bad pass and wrong touch Bruno makes.

Can you tell any English player the press have favoured in competition for a starting place? Lingard and Pereira have been fighting for a place. Pereira has been playing ahead of Lingard. English press, if anything, mostly fight English players. Or they favour one English player over another in competition for call up to national team
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by adebayo201: 6:32am On Feb 25, 2020
elampiro:

Can you tell any English player the press have favoured in competition for a starting place? Lingard and Pereira have been fighting for a place. Pereira has been playing ahead of Lingard. English press, if anything, mostly fight English players. Or they favour one English player over another in competition for call up to national team

Well, I want to agree with you on this. I could remember the one between Lingard and Alli; Shaw and Young, Vardy and Kane and Rashford, etc
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 6:32am On Feb 25, 2020
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 7:23am On Feb 25, 2020
elampiro:

How did Lingard play up to 200 games here? Hype...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 7:40am On Feb 25, 2020
patrickmuf:
How did Lingard play up to 200 games here? Hype...

I do not understand this question. If you mean why he played 200 games, I can tell you he was our most consistent forward player for about three years.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 8:26am On Feb 25, 2020
elampiro:

I do not understand this question. If you mean why he played 200 games, I can tell you he was our most consistent forward player for about three years.
Most consistent forward player? Abeg which year?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by melodyogonna(m): 8:32am On Feb 25, 2020
patrickmuf:
I think he meant hardly injured
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 10:33am On Feb 25, 2020
melodyogonna:

I think he meant hardly injured
Unless that.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Botfuss: 10:55am On Feb 25, 2020
elampiro:

E be like sae elampiro na online influencer for these players. He must be getting paid. lol
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 11:22am On Feb 25, 2020
Toni Kroos: "David Moyes had come to see me and the contract [to Manchester United] had basically been done but then Moyes was fired and Louis van Gaal came in, which complicated matters. Louis wanted time to build his own project."
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 11:23am On Feb 25, 2020
Toni Kroos: "I didn’t hear anything from Manchester United for a while and started having doubts. Then the World Cup started and Carlo Ancelotti [former Real Madrid manager] called. And that was it."
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 11:26am On Feb 25, 2020
patrickmuf:

Lingard was our most consistent forward player until December 2018. He was the first to be listed by us here while drawing our line up. The fact the he lost form doesn't mean he was not good before. This guy was in a first team player for a world cup semi final team and he was not just a passenger in the team.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 11:31am On Feb 25, 2020
Oasis007:
Toni Kroos: "I didn’t hear anything from Manchester United for a while and started having doubts. Then the World Cup started and Carlo Ancelotti [former Real Madrid manager] called. And that was it."

These guys mismanaged transfers for a very long time.

Van Gaal rejected Kroos and got Schneiderlin.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 11:34am On Feb 25, 2020
elampiro:

Lingard was our most consistent forward player until December 2018. He was the first to be listed by us here while drawing our line up. The fact the he lost form doesn't mean he was not good before. This guy was in a first team player for a world cup semi final team and he was not just a passenger in the team.
You said he was our most consistent forward for 3 years, kindly mention the years you are referring to so I can check it up because I am sure Lingard has only shoned in patches.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by timay(m): 12:03pm On Feb 25, 2020
afrodoc2:

These guys mismanaged transfers for a very long time.

Van Gaal rejected Kroos and got Schneiderlin.

Van gaal was the worst of them all, in terms of transfer mismanagement, no wonder his ass was sacked despite win a trophy in his first season. Imagine buying players like Falcao and Di Maria and not making anything out of them.

Mourinho is another case because he bought good players but man was busy fighting Pogba
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 12:29pm On Feb 25, 2020
elampiro:

Doing what? Was he an attacker? If he was, was it his job to score and create goals?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 12:56pm On Feb 25, 2020
patrickmuf:
You said he was our most consistent forward for 3 years, kindly mention the years you are referring to so I can check it up because I am sure Lingard has only shoned in patches.

Lingard and Herrera were our most consistent players. I have no time to argue or go into needless details. At some point, Lingard was benching Martial.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 12:59pm On Feb 25, 2020
eph12:

Doing what? Was he an attacker? If he was, was it his job to score and create goals?

He was ahead of Martial in selection at some point. It is not all forward players that must always score. Otherwise Hazard will be playing for Sunshine stars. Lingard was still our top scorers when we finished second and had 5 Assists. He was playing from right wing and had a huge defensive contribution just like Rooney, Tevez, JS Park used to give
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 1:31pm On Feb 25, 2020
elampiro:

He was ahead of Martial in selection at some point. It is not all forward players that must always score. Otherwise Hazard will be playing for Sunshine stars. Lingard was still our top scorers when we finished second and had 5 Assists. He was playing from right wing and had a huge defensive contribution just like Rooney, Tevez, JS Park used to give
That he was ahead of anybody doesn't mean shiit. He was dropping less than the numbers that you're castigating some others for. After all we just learned that LVG scuttled Kroos deal to bring in Schneiderlin. What huge defensive contribution sef?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 1:56pm On Feb 25, 2020
eph12:

That he was ahead of anybody doesn't mean shiit. He was dropping less than the numbers that you're castigating some others for. After all we just learned that LVG scuttled Kroos deal to bring in Schneiderlin. What huge defensive contribution sef?

He was ahead of selection in a team that finished second in the league. I dont see how he got any special favour.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Ravioli(m): 2:10pm On Feb 25, 2020
Manchester United have the second highest number of clean sheets in all competitions this season but I’m supposed to believe that Wan Bissaka and Harry Maguire haven’t made a impact.

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Ravioli(m): 2:11pm On Feb 25, 2020
Woodward: 'Our number one priority [is] winning trophies with a team playing entertaining,
attacking football... Bruno Fernandes [demonstrates] our commitment to adding experienced, world-class recruits to the exciting crop of academy graduates.'
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Expert17: 2:20pm On Feb 25, 2020
Ravioli:
Manchester United have the second highest number of clean sheets in all competitions this season but I’m supposed to believe that Wan Bissaka and Harry Maguire haven’t made a impact.

Wan bissaka and Maguire are blessings to our defence line..........Total upgrade to what we have before
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Lana1(m): 3:03pm On Feb 25, 2020
I know the defence has improved, but i still dont like the rate at which Maguire has brain farts.

Communication seems to be poor with him. Both games against Arsenal, he couldn't keep offside trap with the rest of defence.

Him not marking VVD at Anfield.

Against Watford, early on he should have communicated better with Matic to leave the ball. Thank God Shaw also wasn't having a brain fart along with them.

These are some of the ones i can remember that led to direct goal scoring chances for the other team.

He needs to improve his game if he'll ever reach Ferdinand/Vidic levels.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 3:18pm On Feb 25, 2020
elampiro:

Lingard and Herrera were our most consistent players. I have no time to argue or go into needless details. At some point, Lingard was benching Martial.
You said Lingard was out most consistent forward for 3 years, when abeg?

Leave Herrera out of the discussion.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 3:43pm On Feb 25, 2020
Lana1:
I know the defence has improved, but i still dont like the rate at which Maguire has brain farts.

Communication seems to be poor with him. Both games against Arsenal, he couldn't keep offside trap with the rest of defence.

Him not marking VVD at Anfield.

Against Watford, early on he should have communicated better with Matic to leave the ball. Thank God Shaw also wasn't having a brain fart along with them.

These are some of the ones i can remember that led to direct goal scoring chances for the other team.

He needs to improve his game if he'll ever reach Ferdinand/Vidic levels.

He is NEVER reaching those levels. What we need is just significant all around improvement from the defenders.
He drops deep and destroys offside lines because of his lack of pace and fear of catching a sprinting forward.

He has a bit of Pogba in him in which he holds on to the ball for too long looking for a Hollywood pass when a simple pass would have done the job.
Positive is that he is good in the air and at least tries to take charge of things at the back. Also a decent passer although he overdoes it sometimes.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 3:43pm On Feb 25, 2020
Ravioli:

Wasn’t there a discussion on this thread not long ago that the defense is still shitty even with the addition of Maguire and AWB?

Na wah

(1) (2) (3) ... (7629) (7630) (7631) (7632) (7633) (7634) (7635) ... (14209) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: Gambit001 and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.