Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,164,640 members, 7,858,363 topics. Date: Wednesday, 12 June 2024 at 01:17 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (7635) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8854930 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7632) (7633) (7634) (7635) (7636) (7637) (7638) ... (14212) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 1:19pm On Feb 26, 2020
Oasis007:

grin

Grant and Jones?!

Lol
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 1:27pm On Feb 26, 2020
afrodoc:

Lies from the pits of hell. If you want to debate please stick to the facts, rather than fabricate stuff to suit your narrative. Vidic turned 27 in October 2008 AFTER we won the champions league. Are you saying as at the time we won the champions league Vidic was still struggling?

And i never said he hasn't improved. Just that he is never going to be as good as Rio or Vidic. That was the origin of this whole excursion.

Vidic joined Man Utd in 2006 few months to his 25th birthday and his first season didn’t go well. Is that a lie?

He didn’t start playing regularly until he was 26.

Lindelof is 25.

If Vidić can become a top defender after a bad start why can’t Lindelof ?

That’s the point.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 1:36pm On Feb 26, 2020
Leyqute:

Vidic joined Man Utd in 2006 few months to his 25th birthday and his first season didn’t go well. Is that a lie?

He didn’t start playing regularly until he was 26.

Lindelof is 25.

If Vidić can become a top defender after a bad start why can’t Lindelof ?

That’s the point.

Vidić came in mid-season and had a tough 5 months . By the next season after his first pre-season he was very good.

Lindelof is 2.5yrs into his United career already. 2.5yrs into Vida’s United career he was a multiple league winner, a champions league winner, and accepted as one of the best defenders in the world.

Finally i never said Lindelof was not good or not improving. I just said he would never be the level of defender Vidić was, especially in the air.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by postdigger(m): 1:40pm On Feb 26, 2020
A40:
That would be shameful. And seeing when man's last logged in it's almost tallying with the time we scored two and it became obvious the bet was lost. Let's hope he proves you wrong
Na wa o, I'll wait. Cos I know I would have honestly paid if I lost that's why I broth it down to 20k.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by A40(m): 2:37pm On Feb 26, 2020
postdigger:

Na wa o, I'll wait. Cos I know I would have honestly paid if I lost that's why I broth it down to 20k.
Lol make we dey wait. Because had Chelsea eked out a draw I'm pretty sure he would be online now
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 2:45pm On Feb 26, 2020
Solskjær: "We feel we’’e added some x factor quality with Bruno. Anthony [Martial] coming back, he was out for a couple of months, means he’s getting used to the no.9 position."

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 2:46pm On Feb 26, 2020
Solskjær: "Luke [Shaw] had two months out and now he’s come back well and done well in a different position. He runs forward more as a left back than a left wing back!"
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 2:46pm On Feb 26, 2020
Solskjær: "They [Tuanzebe and Fosu-Mensah] are getting close to either a reserve match or behind closed doors match. We need them to play in that kind of game before they can make a first team appearance."
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 2:47pm On Feb 26, 2020
Solskjær: "His [Bruno Fernandes] imagination and his over view, picture, is a couple of seconds ahead of many players. It is one of his strengths he knows what he wants to do. He can change his mind in a split-second. That composure has been important."
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 2:47pm On Feb 26, 2020
Solskjær: "You can blossom more with confidence, and speaking to the manager, getting them free. You want them [the players] to be free. Play with courage, bravery and you want bit of fear in you. It is a fine balance between arrogance, confident, humble."

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 2:48pm On Feb 26, 2020
Solskjær: "I think Bruno will only improve by coming here to a stronger league, stronger opponents and stronger teammates, getting used to us. We want to develop that x-factor. He’s come in and impressed everyone but we don’t want to put a limit on what he can do."

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 3:04pm On Feb 26, 2020
patrickmuf:
That Lingard is one of the best players in the team tells a lot about how bad we have become...
Elampiro, stop being disingenuous, I made this post in reference to the position held by ChristineC that Lingard was one of the best player in our team at that point. Those who can clearly comprehend what I meant will tell you that it's not an endorsement of Lingard rather, a honest assessment of how low we have sunk to have the name an average player like Lingard pop up in a discussion for the best player in the team.

Read to understand.

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 3:06pm On Feb 26, 2020
patrickmuf:
If we do a player for player comparison, you'd notice that Mourinho has the better team compared to LVG and yet the players at his disposal have so far underperformed prior to when they met Mou.
Mourinho has left the likes of Pogba, Sanchez, Martial, Rashford etc worse than they were before him, he has only managed to improve Lingard and Lukaku (his overall game), I deliberately refused to add Young cos under LVG, he was flourishing as a LW.
Now, compared to LVG who I think improved our players in his brief spell as manager, he has his lapses but he certainly isn't as bad ascyou might think...
In all, LVG and Mourinho have seriously underperformed, our style of player is drab, we play like a collection of total strangers hurriedly assembled.
Elamps how is this an endorsement of Lingard? I only noted that he had improved thanks to Mou.

Tell us the 3 seasons wherein Lingard was the most consistent forward for Manchester United.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by melodyogonna(m): 3:38pm On Feb 26, 2020
Victornezzar:

Who be Bishop abeg cheesy cheesy
Nathan bishop, the keeper we signed in January
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by CapitalCee(m): 4:32pm On Feb 26, 2020
afrodoc2:

Vidić came in mid-season and had a tough 5 months . By the next season after his first pre-season he was very good.

Lindelof is 2.5yrs into his United career already. 2.5yrs into Vida’s United career he was a multiple league winner, a champions league winner, and accepted as one of the best defenders in the world.

Finally i never said Lindelof was not good or not improving. I just said he would never be the level of defender Vidić was, especially in the air.

Whenever you talk about players that are not good enough, folks will remind you of Players like Vidic and Evra. For God's sake, Vidic didnt even struggle the whole of the 2nd half of the second half of 2005/2006 season, It was just 1 or 2 games that he was not outstanding. 2.5 years after vidic came to man u, he was nominated for the the world Fifpro XI, ahead of world class defenders like Cannavaro, Nesta, Carvalho, Terry, Ferdinand, Lucio, walter Samuel, Puyol, Thuram and Sergio Ramos. So the Vidic example is rubbish, he actually hit the ground running. Evra was already beasting europe with Monaco before comming to united, had a couple of tough game before easily displacing Heinze, who at that was one of the first names on the team sheet.
Without exaggerating, i dont think most of our first team defenders now are even better than Mikeal Sylvestre and Wes Brown. Having said that, we are not writing anyone off yet, but they have to improve
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by CapitalCee(m): 4:42pm On Feb 26, 2020
Victornezzar:

Who be Bishop abeg cheesy cheesy
Lol you dey very observant
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 4:54pm On Feb 26, 2020
afrodoc2:

Alright. Cool.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by kiarra(m): 4:47am On Feb 27, 2020
Don't scroll past my signature, check it out

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elrony(m): 8:04am On Feb 27, 2020
chic2pimp:

Elreverend!

Bless you, my uncle! grin grin

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 8:20am On Feb 27, 2020
kiarra:
Don't scroll past my signature, check it out

Sell everything sellable and make yourself rich
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by CapitalCee(m): 9:41am On Feb 27, 2020
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by HewlettPackard: 10:08am On Feb 27, 2020
The Manchester United board have given the GO to allow Jesse Lingard use Carrington as training centre, in preparation for his Maltina Dance Hall debut.

https://twitter.com/360Sources/status/1232771465533181952?s=19

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 12:45pm On Feb 27, 2020
David Beckham: "I think he's [Solskjær] doing a good job. The fact that he's stepped in and stepped up — he continues to be positive about players, he's got that from the boss. He would never criticise a player from his club and Ole has been exactly the same."

- Sky
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 12:46pm On Feb 27, 2020
Beckham: "He's [Solskjær] still learning but he will protect his players and protect Manchester United. All of the fans will be behind him because he's a great person and because of what he's done for Manchester United over the years."

- Sky
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by obainojazz(m): 1:36pm On Feb 27, 2020
Oasis007:
Beckham: "He's [Solskjær] still learning but he will protect his players and protect Manchester United. All of the fans will be behind him because he's a great person and because of what he's done for Manchester United over the years."

- Sky
Nairaland fans like nitrogen and co aren't behind him so they might sack him because of that

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 2:10pm On Feb 27, 2020
Solskjær: "If you’re a wide forward, you’re facing forwards more and running at people. Now he’s [Martial] in a different position, where it is more physical and you’ve got to be stronger with your back to goal and be more patient."
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 2:10pm On Feb 27, 2020
Solskjær: "It’s your job to be in the box when the ball arrives. I’m still at him. I demand more of him."
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 2:11pm On Feb 27, 2020
Solskjær: "Sometimes, the ball is squared across the six-yard line and it’s where he [Martial] should be. I just nudge him and say: ‘It should have been a goal for you’. Scoring 25 instead of 15 is a big difference for a No.9."
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by airmark(m): 2:14pm On Feb 27, 2020
HewlettPackard:
The Manchester United board have given the GO to allow Jesse Lingard use Carrington as training centre, in preparation for his Maltina Dance Hall debut.

https://twitter.com/360Sources/status/1232771465533181952?s=19

grin grin grin

Afrodoc2 will be happy for his golden boy.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 3:15pm On Feb 27, 2020
Manchester United squad to face Club Brugge:

GK
Romero, De Gea, Bishop,

DFs
Lindelof, Dalot, Bailly, Williams, Shaw, Maguire, Wan-Bissaka,

MFs
Pereira, Fernandes, Matic, Mata, McTominay, Lingard, Gomes,

FWs
James, Chong, Ighalo, Greenwood, Martial
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MRTA7: 8:00pm On Feb 27, 2020
Ighalo starts! cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by pharod(m): 8:02pm On Feb 27, 2020
Line up!

(1) (2) (3) ... (7632) (7633) (7634) (7635) (7636) (7637) (7638) ... (14212) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: Puntingnoob

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.