Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,066 members, 7,867,024 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 09:50 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (7813) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8883644 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7810) (7811) (7812) (7813) (7814) (7815) (7816) ... (14219) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 1:52pm On Jun 10, 2020
afrodoc2:

Of course generally speaking that should be the case. I am just trying to show the clear gap in talent level between those 2 and the rest. Only lack of fitness or effort will make either Pogba or Bruno long term bench players.
The gap isn't that clear. I'm not buying the hype

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 1:54pm On Jun 10, 2020
Skimpledawg:

So much anger in this post.

undecided

The anger of the Lord is always kindled against the children of Baal. grin

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 1:57pm On Jun 10, 2020
eph12:

OK.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 2:16pm On Jun 10, 2020
GloryIsaac:

Only space left on the pitch is RCM, and Fred’s performance there so far doesn’t match that of McTominay.

Pogba is the reason Fred isn’t in most lineups touted.

He's not limited to CM only, he can play as DM or AM.

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 2:36pm On Jun 10, 2020
Oasis007:

He's not limited to CM only, he can play as DM or AM.

Still won’t be first-choice in those positions.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 2:38pm On Jun 10, 2020
eph12:

I just hope is able to put in that work rate Fred was putting in

I don’t think so. However, I expect him to play very well because of the link-up with Bruno.

Whoever that makes up the 3-man midfield will need to cover ground very well.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 2:40pm On Jun 10, 2020
Nezzjnr:

Lingard isn't doing enough

For someone seemingly coming out of depression or so, he might play well when given the chance.

Well enough to have potential buyers interested.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 2:41pm On Jun 10, 2020
handelex:
If I see Lingard in that no10 role again... I don't know what I'll do

Andreas it is cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 2:52pm On Jun 10, 2020
VicThory:

When are they playing the game?
It should have been played yesterday being Tuesday
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 2:53pm On Jun 10, 2020
eph12:

It's not hype, the Gap is indeed clear. You can't compare Bruno and Pogba with any of Midfielders Bro.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 2:54pm On Jun 10, 2020
GloryIsaac:

Still won’t be first-choice in those positions.

Well, we ain't their Manager. Let's wait and see what Ole gonna reel out.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 2:57pm On Jun 10, 2020
eph12:

I just hope is able to put in that work rate Fred was putting in
Pogba can't do that, he's not that type of player.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 2:59pm On Jun 10, 2020
GloryIsaac:

I don’t think so. However, I expect him to play very well because of the link-up with Bruno.

Whoever that makes up the 3-man midfield will need to cover ground very well.
I feel we still need Matic in that DM but he'll need the work rate of Fred to do well. Tom is solid though I still have questions about his abilities and decisions when with the ball
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 3:00pm On Jun 10, 2020
Oasis007:

It's not hype, the Gap is indeed clear. You can't compare Bruno and Pogba with any of Midfielders Bro.
Which of their attributes are you looking at?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 3:01pm On Jun 10, 2020
handelex:
Pogba can't do that, he's not that type of player.
Hopefully we won't be back to insulting Pogba here very soon smiley
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 3:03pm On Jun 10, 2020
GloryIsaac:

Andreas it is cheesy
This one is a mid table team player at best.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 3:08pm On Jun 10, 2020
Oasis007:

Well each have their own strengths and weaknesses, the reason why balance is important.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 3:08pm On Jun 10, 2020
eph12:

Which of their attributes are you looking at?

Skills-wise all, maybe Passion-wise Fred and Co have an Edge.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 3:10pm On Jun 10, 2020
eph12:

Hopefully his head will be in the game.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nezzjnr: 3:13pm On Jun 10, 2020
GloryIsaac:

For someone seemingly coming out of depression or so, he might play well when given the chance.

Well enough to have potential buyers interested.
Depression bawo

Lingard is finished angry
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 3:37pm On Jun 10, 2020
Oasis007:

Skills-wise all, maybe Passion-wise Fred and Co have an Edge.
I'm not interested in the drimbling ability of a central midfielder
Look at the attributes below and show me how Pogba has been clearly or far above Fred in the last 2-3 years
Key passes
Average passes
Pass succes percentage
Crosses
Long balls
Through balls
Tackles
Interceptions
Blocks

Then include the passion and tell me your conclusion cheesy

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Expert17: 3:38pm On Jun 10, 2020
Oasis007:

Fred has proven himself. I won't leave him out of starting XI, if I'm charge. I'll rather play him along with Pogba and Bruno

Defensively he has improved a lot. He's a Runner, energetic, more like a B2B Midfielder. He has paid his Dues, thus he has earned my Respect.

That won't work, when you have Matic and Scot available...

Pogba and Bruno won't play all the games, so there is more than enough game-time for everyone.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Expert17: 3:40pm On Jun 10, 2020
eph12:

I'm not interested in the drimbling ability of a central midfielder
Look at the attributes below and show me how Pogba has been clearly or far above Fred in the last 2-3 years
Key passes
Average passes
Pass succes percentage
Crosses
Long balls
Through balls
Tackles
Interceptions
Blocks

Then include the passion and tell me your conclusion cheesy

Delete this post.

So you want to compare Fred and Pogba? cheesy

It's like using tackles, blocks and interception to rate David Silva, Juan Mata, Ozil, Bernando Silva, Bruno Fernandes etc
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 3:49pm On Jun 10, 2020
Expert17:

Delete this post.

So you want to compare Fred and Pogba? cheesy

It's like using tackles, blocks and interception to rate David Silva, Juan Mata, Ozil, Bernando Silva, Bruno Fernandes etc
We are talking about their roles as CM not when they have permissions to play as the AM. If Pogba will be playing as an AM then I have no problem with that. But as CM, there are plenty questions.

What are the things you expect from a CM?

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 3:51pm On Jun 10, 2020
eph12:

I feel we still need Matic in that DM but he'll need the work rate of Fred to do well. Tom is solid though I still have questions about his abilities and decisions when with the ball

Matic is effective against slow teams.. especially the defensive ones.

It’ll be Bruno-Pogba-McTom. Except Ole wants a diamond which I doubt.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 3:51pm On Jun 10, 2020
eph12:

Show-boater grin grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 3:52pm On Jun 10, 2020
GloryIsaac:

Matic is effective against slow teams.. especially the defensive ones.

It’ll be Bruno-Pogba-McTom. Except Ole wants a diamond which I doubt.
Matic was solid against City na
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 3:53pm On Jun 10, 2020
I go with dutch reds

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 3:55pm On Jun 10, 2020
eph12:

Anomaly
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Expert17: 3:56pm On Jun 10, 2020
eph12:

We are talking about their roles as CM not when they have permissions to play as the AM. If Pogba will be playing as an AM then I have no problem with that. But as CM, there are plenty questions.

What are the things you expect from a CM?

You have to choose one, better defensive play (Fred) or better attacking play (Pogba).

And don't forget the best way to defend is by attacking.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Expert17: 3:57pm On Jun 10, 2020
eph12:

Against big teams, ...he played well

@ Anfield.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 3:58pm On Jun 10, 2020
Expert17:

Against big teams, ...he played well

@ Anfield.
I think he played against Chelsea too can't remember

(1) (2) (3) ... (7810) (7811) (7812) (7813) (7814) (7815) (7816) ... (14219) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.