Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,055 members, 7,866,978 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 09:06 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (7814) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8883559 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7811) (7812) (7813) (7814) (7815) (7816) (7817) ... (14219) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Expert17: 3:59pm On Jun 10, 2020
eph12:
I go with dutch reds

Van nistelrooy and Van persie will finish Barthez.

...Dutch all the way
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 3:59pm On Jun 10, 2020
Expert17:

You have to choose one, better defensive play (Fred) or better attacking play (Pogba).

And don't forget the best way to defend is by attacking.

There has to be a balance. We also expect our full backs to attack to right?

And I listed as many passing attributes there as possible, so it's not just the defensive aspect of the role I was looking at
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Expert17: 4:03pm On Jun 10, 2020
eph12:

I think he played against Chelsea too can't remember

He played well against Man City (twice) and even scored (EFL 2nd leg)...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 4:08pm On Jun 10, 2020
eph12:

I'm not interested in the drimbling ability of a central midfielder
Look at the attributes below and show me how Pogba has been clearly or far above Fred in the last 2-3 years
Key passes
Average passes
Pass succes percentage
Crosses
Long balls
Through balls
Tackles
Interceptions
Blocks

Then include the passion and tell me your conclusion cheesy

Pogba beats Fred in all the stats you stated apart from the last 3, which are defensive stats.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Ravioli(m): 4:09pm On Jun 10, 2020
Manchester City CAS Case

"CAS statement: "At the end of the hearing, both parties expressed their satisfaction with respect to the conduct of the procedure." More than could be said about City's view of the initial UEFA hearing."

- Simone Stone (BBC)
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 4:14pm On Jun 10, 2020
eph12:

We are talking about their roles as CM not when they have permissions to play as the AM. If Pogba will be playing as an AM then I have no problem with that. But as CM, there are plenty questions.

What are the things you expect from a CM?

It’s going to be Fred-Pogba-Bruno in midfield. With Bruno at the tip as AM or SS.

Fred is better defensively than McTom, so I expect him to start ahead of him.

McTom Pogba will suffer defensively although the attacking threat is greater.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 4:22pm On Jun 10, 2020
Leyqute:

Pogba beats Fred in all the stats you stated apart from the last 3, which are defensive stats.
By some clear distance? Or you're talking about the 1.7 - 1.1, 0.3-0.2 stats?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Expert17: 4:27pm On Jun 10, 2020
Fred and Pogba in a 2 man midfield is always rubbish

Fred and Paul Pogba is not a combination which has paid off when it has been trialled.

They have started just one match together this season, in the EFL Cup match at home to Rochdale, which ended 1-1, before United won on penalties.

Fred began the season on the sidelines, before Pogba picked up an injury which has kept him out since, and only after that did the Brazilian’s role increase.

But we did get a closer look at a Fred and Paul Pogba partnership at the end of 2018/19, and it wasn’t pretty.

United lost five out of six games Fred and Pogba started together.

These included a 2-0 loss to Arsenal, 2-1 to Wolves, 4-0 to Everton, and 2-0 to City, only managing a 2-1 win over West Ham during this stretch of league games from February to April last year.

There was a 3-0 loss at the Nou Camp to Barcelona in there too, in which both players started.

The win over West Ham in April 2019, 14 months ago, was the last time Fred and Pogba started a game together which United won.

Our midfield should be Mata/Bruno ---- Pogba/Fred-----Matic/Scott
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 4:48pm On Jun 10, 2020
I've been hoping for Pogba to play as the AM, stripped of defensive roles, where losing the ball cannot post immediate threat to our defense. However with Bruno here, he will need to make some major adjustments to his game. Is he the kind of person that can willingly do that? He's only spoken of in good light when he score goals and give assists. He needs to play more in the opposition half, close to their post
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 4:56pm On Jun 10, 2020
eph12:

There has to be a balance. We also expect our full backs to attack to right?

And I listed as many passing attributes there as possible, so it's not just the defensive aspect of the role I was looking at

This team is full-attacking one. Even Maguire attacks cheesy grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 4:59pm On Jun 10, 2020
eph12:
I've been hoping for Pogba to play as the AM, stripped of defensive roles, where losing the ball cannot post immediate threat to our defense. However with Bruno here, he will need to make some major adjustments to his game. Is he the kind of person that can willingly do that? He's only spoken of in good light when he score goals and give assists. He needs to play more in the opposition half, close to their post

No one can remove Bruno from that AM position except Bruno himself.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nezzjnr: 5:04pm On Jun 10, 2020
Is Lingard still in Manu?? angry
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elrony(m): 5:08pm On Jun 10, 2020
Nezzjnr:
Is Lingard still in Manu?? angry

Which town is Manu?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristineC: 5:11pm On Jun 10, 2020
Expert17:
Fred and Pogba in a 2 man midfield is always rubbish

Fred and Paul Pogba is not a combination which has paid off when it has been trialled.

They have started just one match together this season, in the EFL Cup match at home to Rochdale, which ended 1-1, before United won on penalties.

Fred began the season on the sidelines, before Pogba picked up an injury which has kept him out since, and only after that did the Brazilian’s role increase.

But we did get a closer look at a Fred and Paul Pogba partnership at the end of 2018/19, and it wasn’t pretty.

United lost five out of six games Fred and Pogba started together.

These included a 2-0 loss to Arsenal, 2-1 to Wolves, 4-0 to Everton, and 2-0 to City, only managing a 2-1 win over West Ham during this stretch of league games from February to April last year.

There was a 3-0 loss at the Nou Camp to Barcelona in there too, in which both players started.

The win over West Ham in April 2019, 14 months ago, was the last time Fred and Pogba started a game together which United won.

Our midfield should be Mata/Bruno ---- Pogba/Fred-----Matic/Scott
you are drawing conclusions from when Fred couldn't control simple passes from de Gea into his feet?
dude really embarassed

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nezzjnr: 5:12pm On Jun 10, 2020
elrony:

Which town is Manu?
Located in Manchester
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 5:13pm On Jun 10, 2020
See Bruno grin

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elrony(m): 5:15pm On Jun 10, 2020
Nezzjnr:

Located in Manchester

Onyè mgbu grin grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elrony(m): 5:15pm On Jun 10, 2020
GloryIsaac:
See Bruno grin

Passionate baller

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Expert17: 5:15pm On Jun 10, 2020
ChristineC:
you are drawing conclusions from when Fred couldn't control simple passes from de Gea into his feet?
dude really embarassed

Nope.

Fred needs a partner that is good defensively, ...

Fred will play well with either Matic or Scott in a 2 man midfield... But won't function well with Pogba.

Ole won't try it again.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nezzjnr: 5:16pm On Jun 10, 2020
elrony:

Onyè mgbu grin grin grin
Nwanem ke kodi cheesy cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 5:31pm On Jun 10, 2020
Skimpledawg:

Whatsoever is not written in the scriptures is null and void.

tongue
Thus sayeth the lord of the league. No matter the amount of money the Romans(Roman Abramovich) pump into the land of shekpe, that land will always be barren and the land will never expand. Therefore that land, yes, that very land of the shepkites will be void of harvest both major and minor. For it is written, the shekpites shall always shepk. Selah grin grin

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 5:48pm On Jun 10, 2020
Expert17:

Nope.

Fred needs a partner that is good defensively, ...

Fred will play well with either Matic or Scott in a 2 man midfield... But won't function well with Pogba.

Ole won't try it again.

I keep hearing that Fred is better defensively than McTominay but that is debatable.

Looking at this season's EPL stats Fred is marginally better in tackles and interceptions per game (2.2 and 1.4) compared to McTominay (2.0 and 1.3). However Fred is dribbled past a whopping 3 times a game compared to McTominay's 0.7 per game.

In other words, the number of dribbles McTominay chops in 4 games Fred chops in a single game. Odikwa TOUGH. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elrony(m): 5:52pm On Jun 10, 2020
Nezzjnr:

Nwanem ke kodi cheesy cheesy

Bro I dey o grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Expert17: 5:58pm On Jun 10, 2020
afrodoc2:

I keep hearing that Fred is better defensively than McTominay but that is debatable.

Looking at this season's EPL stats Fred is marginally better in tackles and interceptions per game (2.2 and 1.4) compared to McTominay (2.0 and 1.3). However Fred is dribbled past a whopping 4 times a game compared to McTominay's 0.7 per game.

In other words, the number of dribbles McTominay chops in 4 games Fred chops in a single game. Odikwa TOUGH. cheesy

grin grin grin

@ bolded...BIG LIE... Mc tominay is better.

It's a simple question, why will Fred struggle with Pogba, but plays well with Matic and Mc tominay.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 6:04pm On Jun 10, 2020
eph12:

By some clear distance? Or you're talking about the 1.7 - 1.1, 0.3-0.2 stats?

The difference is clear to see.

Defense splitting passes. Pogba
Long ball- Pogba
Aerial passes-Pogba
Throughballs-Pogba
Short passes and buildup play - Fred
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 6:05pm On Jun 10, 2020
Expert17:

grin grin grin

@ bolded...BIG LIE... Mc tominay is better.

It's a simple question, why will Fred struggle with Pogba, but plays well with Matic and Mc tominay.

Fred is a more incisive passer and a busier player i accept, but defensively and as a goal threat McTom is better.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 6:08pm On Jun 10, 2020
ChristineC:
dude really embarassed

LooL. Exactly the problem I saw with that post.

In the double midfield pivot we’ve had this season Fred has always been less advanced player.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 6:09pm On Jun 10, 2020
Na because of 6 months form from Fred all this disrespect for Pogboom dey happen. grin
The man has 1 goal in 42 games while McTom has 6 goals in 36. Na simple sturvs like this make Martial/Rashy/Greenwood matching Liverpool front 3's goals meaningless.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 6:11pm On Jun 10, 2020
afrodoc2:

Looking at this season's EPL stats Fred is marginally better in tackles and interceptions per game (2.2 and 1.4) compared to McTominay (2.0 and 1.3). However Fred is dribbled past a whopping 3 times a game compared to McTominay's 0.7 per game.

In owther words, the number of dribbles McTominay chops in 4 games Fred chops in a single game. Odikwa TOUGH. cheesy

That’s because he’s energetic and Is always running into tackles na grin

I still don’t like how he jumps senselessly into tackles
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 6:11pm On Jun 10, 2020
Leyqute:

LooL. Exactly the problem I saw with that post.

In the double midfield pivot we’ve had this season Fred has always been less advanced player.

How come they are still dribbling him like a statue even in his less advanced role?

Fred expressway. grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 6:14pm On Jun 10, 2020
Playing Fred as the dm may be dangerous. Tom would have been better there but his passing is not great. Matic is our best bet there but then he will need Tom or Fred beside him
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 6:16pm On Jun 10, 2020
Leyqute:

That’s because he’s energetic and Is always running into tackles na grin

I still don’t like how he jumps senselessly into tackles

C'mon, i won't just sit and watch you lampoon one of our players like that. I just won't.

I will join you and call him Fred Expressway. cheesy

He has improved this season sha but people should temper hype with reality.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7811) (7812) (7813) (7814) (7815) (7816) (7817) ... (14219) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.