Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,400 members, 7,861,122 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 01:34 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (7863) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8863644 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7860) (7861) (7862) (7863) (7864) (7865) (7866) ... (14215) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristineC: 11:36am On Jun 21, 2020
elampiro:

Did he really park? Everytime they attacked, they had 5 men against our defense. There was always an extra man unmarked from the Luke Shaw end because Shaw was dragged inside.
embarassed

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristineC: 11:39am On Jun 21, 2020
GloryIsaac:
Towards the end of the game, Rashford had the ball in the Spurs box 18, with Bruno by his side...

He became confused on whether to pass to Bruno or try and dribble his way through.

Around the 70” min, Bruno and AWB (I think) pulled a combo that left two Spurs defenders on the floor.. thereby making it 4 United attackers against 1 Spurs defender..

At that point, our players became confused on who should move with the ball, those seconds of indecision helped Spurs defense recover and remove the danger.
I think there was a glaring lack of match sharpness. although if Martial was half involved the coordination upfront would have been much better.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristineC: 11:41am On Jun 21, 2020
Ravioli:
Harry Kane will consider his future at Tottenham at the end of this season because Jose Mourinho's style doesn't get the best out of him, believes Sky Sports pundit Paul Merson.
as long as he considers it far away from Old Trafford.

11 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Ravioli(m): 11:42am On Jun 21, 2020
ChristineC:

Thank You
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Expert17: 12:00pm On Jun 21, 2020
ChristineC:

And we continue using 1 game-on , 10 games-off Anthony Martial

Sir Alex Ferguson would have made this transfer deal happen just like Berbatov, Sheringham etc

When your Striker is the leading scorer in the league, you are close to the title already

With all the creativity of Bruno & Pogba, also adding Sancho at the end of the season........i hope Martial will be able to convert 6/10 of his chances

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Lana1(m): 12:17pm On Jun 21, 2020
elampiro:

He said after the game: "We analyse United [before the game] but I don’t think it’s for us to speak about them.

"‘I’ll just say that I think we gave them what I think they are not very good at, which was to given them the opportunity to have the ball and to play in organised attack.

‘I think they are much more dangerous in counter-attack situations. They have fast people in attack and they can be really dangerous, but we managed to control that in an amazing way.

"‘I can even remember when the game was broken in the end where Marcus Rashford had a long ball [from Pogba] in the space and this kind of action but we controlled him very, very well.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.express.co.uk/sport/football/1298582/Tottenham-news-Jose-Mourinho-Manchester-United-Premier-League-Paul-Pogba-Bruno-Fernandes/amp
As usual, the special nonce is speaking in the thing that dinno have a good experience...

Rashford controlled that ball poorly and didn't even attempt to fight the defender for it.

5 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 12:20pm On Jun 21, 2020
Leyqute:

Rashford lost that goal due to selfishness. His first touch put the ball into the opponent’s path. And he controlled the ball that way so that he could shoot immediately after.

If he’d controlled it straight, he would have more space to squareplay it to Ighalo, who had already lost his marker.

There’s a reason he’s United highest scorer this season but has hardly assisted half the number of goals he’s scored.

He needs to improve his decision-making in that aspect.. hope to see us decimate Sheffield.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 12:22pm On Jun 21, 2020
Khaytunechi:
It seems Bruno has taken over penalty responsibilities? I heard he's scored 14 out of his last 14 penalties. But I'll really love Rashford to be our kicker.

They say you can't teach an old dog new tricks but AWB needs to do better with his decision making in the opponents half. I'll rather he whip in one time crosses in games, at least 7-10 crosses per game, even if the lazy Martial doesn't connect with any of the crosses, than for Bissaka to start turnioniown while attempting some funny dribbles on the byline. He's too young to be so limited. We need one of our full backs to really be a threat going forward.
We actually need to get a winger that can hold the ball first and allow AWB to run ahead so as to distract the full back or receive a pass. Do we have that yet no? With TAA, Salah is already a handful to the defenders, he can afford to run down the line.

That AWB is not whipping in cross is a testament to the fact that OGS doesn't want that at all. Watch our games, crossing is always one of the last options
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 12:23pm On Jun 21, 2020
Lana1:

I like the guy and I have already argued here that he's an upgrade on Smalling but Arsenal home & away, Spurs, Burnley, Bournemouth....these are games i can remember from the top of my head where he made mistakes or got dribbled past that led directly to a goal.

The guy is actually very easy to dribble.
Actually according to whoscored, VVD get dribbled 0.2 times per matches while Harry gets dribbled 0.4. It's not his fault that Harry does not have the support system VVD has
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 12:25pm On Jun 21, 2020
Expert17:

Yh.

He scored this type against Spurs and Leicester last season, the pass/assists was also from Pogba
You agreed to that because it's funny or because you think it's true? cheesy cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 12:27pm On Jun 21, 2020
Lana1:
As usual, the special nonce is speaking in the thing that dinno have a good experience...

Rashford controlled that ball poorly and didn't even attempt to fight the defender for it.

Try to watch the highlight from reverse sides.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Panther7(m): 1:57pm On Jun 21, 2020
GloryIsaac:

Actually, that job was for Fred, but he kept drifting to McTominay’s position, thereby leaving Shaw wide open.
holy fred cheesy cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 2:35pm On Jun 21, 2020
GloryIsaac:

He needs to improve his decision-making in that aspect.. hope to see us decimate Sheffield.

Me too.

Henderson not playing will strengthen our chances. That guy is a shot stopper.

I’m expecting a tough game though.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Expert17: 3:12pm On Jun 21, 2020
Nice one

Sheffield United player red carded

I hope they lose or draw

Modify: Newcastle United are leading
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ovoP(m): 3:13pm On Jun 21, 2020
See Dean Henderson... That ball shouldn't be going in
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 3:16pm On Jun 21, 2020
Newcastle doing the Lord’s work..

Grealish masterclass incoming too
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by timay(m): 3:17pm On Jun 21, 2020
ovoP:
See Dean Henderson... That ball shouldn't be going in

This kind of Bleep up, if it happened as a United player, the headline won't be kind to him for the next one week.

Just like the way people want to eat De gea raw for a goal that is not entirely his fault. If De gea was a Sheffield united goal keeper, what happened to him won't even make headline, it would be seen as normal

8 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Expert17: 3:29pm On Jun 21, 2020
Newcastle united great job

Let's complete it @ Old Trafford
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 3:32pm On Jun 21, 2020
timay:

This kind of Bleep up, if it happened as a United player, the headline won't be kind to him for the next one week.

Just like the way people want to eat De gea raw for a goal that is not entirely his fault. If De gea was a Sheffield united goal keeper, what happened to him won't even make headline, it would be seen as normal

This is what we were talking about. The spotlight at Ynited can affect your performance.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 3:35pm On Jun 21, 2020
They’ve killed Sheffield United. 3-0.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 3:36pm On Jun 21, 2020
Henderson trying to rubbish the arguments about him replacing De Gea grin

See Stevens pulling a Maguire too grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 3:37pm On Jun 21, 2020
patrickmuf:
Maguire is not agile enough. Van Dijk for his size is more agile, in the same scenario, he would have used his size to good effect, blocking the path to goal and shoving the Spurs player aside.

Like this?

www.nairaland.com/attachments/10328216_img20191002235759_jpeg52b8dc3dd1ecd94bd35370fce1b20a33

8 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Expert17: 3:37pm On Jun 21, 2020
timay:

If you don't want pressure go to championship or league 2.

When you are collecting 375k a week

You have been paid for pressure, headlines and anything you are facing

When he was winning the league best goalkeeper was there no pressure @ old trafford? the guy is going down rapidly forget playing for top club or not

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 3:39pm On Jun 21, 2020
elampiro:

You can state your own analysis. Mourinho got a draw from his tactics from a United team in form. This team beat City with ten men.

Which form was United in? Cos the last game by this United was over 100days ago
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 3:41pm On Jun 21, 2020
Expert17:

And we continue using 1 game-on , 10 games-off Anthony Martial

Sir Alex Ferguson would have made this transfer deal happen just like Berbatov, Sheringham etc

When your Striker is the leading scorer in the league, you are close to the title already

With all the creativity of Bruno & Pogba, also adding Sancho at the end of the season........i hope Martial will be able to convert 6/10 of his chances

Harry Kane should be playing for Man Utd. I know Ferguson would have done that
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Expert17: 3:45pm On Jun 21, 2020
raumdeuter:

Harry Kane should be playing for Man Utd. I know Ferguson would have done that

Ferguson don't waste time on strikers

You can see the list of great strikers that played under him

If we can pay $97M for Maguire...................why can't we pay 150M for Kane

Martial under Ferguson will be playing the minor role of Welbeck, Saha, Hernandez etc

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 3:47pm On Jun 21, 2020
Expert17:

Martial under Ferguson will be playing the minor role of Welbeck, Saha, Hernandez etc

Martial and Rashford are wing forwards, A 9 will always engage defenders. kicking elbowing, physical contest I get the feeling that Martial and Rashford are not very comfortable with this

As a 9 Ighalo is better than the duo

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nezzjnr: 3:50pm On Jun 21, 2020
Expert17:

150m for Kane??

Woodward should dare no such thing
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Unlimited22: 3:53pm On Jun 21, 2020
raumdeuter:

Martial and Rashford are wing forwards, A 9 will always engage defenders. kicking elbowing, physical contest I get the feeling that Martial and Rashford are not very comfortable with this

Martial is an SS at best. In a two-man attack he could be devastating because the actual 9 would occupy the opposing defenders.
In a 3-5-2 or on the left side of a 3 in a 3-4-3 he would be a potent weapon.

The dude is also lazy and has an annoying (at least to United fans, it's beautiful as an opposing fan grin cheesy wink) penchant of disappearing in games.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Expert17: 3:54pm On Jun 21, 2020
raumdeuter:

I will pick Ighalo over Martial and Rashford as 9

Put a real 9 in this our team, I can't see anybody stopping us

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Expert17: 3:56pm On Jun 21, 2020
Nezzjnr:

150m for Kane??

Woodward should dare no such thing

Yh... he won't

We will use the 150M to buy 10 players like Jesse Lingard (15M each)
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 4:00pm On Jun 21, 2020
Expert17:

Really? You really want us to drop that amount on a guy I believe that have passed his peak IMO with his track record of injuries? I prefer Jimenez tbh.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (7860) (7861) (7862) (7863) (7864) (7865) (7866) ... (14215) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.