Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,176 members, 7,835,925 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:37 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (7866) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8791506 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7863) (7864) (7865) (7866) (7867) (7868) (7869) ... (14182) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by BikeMan: 10:06pm On Jun 21, 2020
Nezzjnr:

Baba always have this positive mindset about your club

Positive mindset will still not give you 3 points mate. No need to Aspire to Perspire grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by BikeMan: 10:08pm On Jun 21, 2020
nitrogen:

Na positive mindset I wan chop? I am not fuvking happy that Utd don't get regular champions leagues slots any longer, despite changing managers, and spending hundreds of millions every season. There is no sense in it now.

And it won't even be cool for Lampard to finish above OGS.
It won't be cool, why? Are they not both managers. And one didn't even get the opportunity to assemble machinery.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nezzjnr: 10:08pm On Jun 21, 2020
BikeMan:
Positive mindset will still not give you 3 points mate. No need to Aspire to Perspire grin grin
Alright

Noted
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Ravioli(m): 11:10pm On Jun 21, 2020
AWB lost the ball 26 times vs Spurs.

Liverpool fans: “Haha, so average.”

TAA lost the ball 32 times vs Everton.

Liverpool fans: “He hasn’t played for 3 months. Give him more time to adjust.”

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Ravioli(m): 11:12pm On Jun 21, 2020
Jamie Redknapp: “I’ve told my boy to watch how [Bruno] Fernandes only needs half a yard to shoot from whatever angle. Frank Lampard was the same, and that is largely why the now Chelsea manager holds the record as the top-scoring midfielder in Premier League history.”

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Ravioli(m): 11:13pm On Jun 21, 2020
Jamie Redknapp: “My advice to any young, aspiring midfielders out there would be to study Bruno Fernandes. Look at how he strikes the ball when shooting from distance, how he creates such a dip and swerve that it makes his shots more difficult to stop.”
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 11:32pm On Jun 21, 2020
elampiro:

Who had more scoring chances between Barca vs Inter?

You tell me.

The purpose of tactics is to reduce your opponents scoring chances and increase yours

If your opponent has 10 glaring 1vs 1 chance and you have 3. Even if you win you can't claim its tactics. That is luck

If Man utd had more scoring chances than Spurs away then that tactics from Spurs failed unless part of the tactics is for Man utd to miss their clear chances

14 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 12:21am On Jun 22, 2020
raumdeuter:

You tell me.

The purpose of tactics is to reduce your opponents scoring chances and increase yours

If your opponent has 10 glaring 1vs 1 chance and you have 3. Even if you win you can't claim its tactics. That is luck

If Man utd had more scoring chances than Spurs away then that tactics from Spurs failed unless part of the tactics is for Man utd to miss their clear chances

The guy said Mou's tactics worked. LMAO.
So Mourinho was banking on Rashford and Martial missing quality chances. grin

What a load of tosh.

9 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nitrogen(m): 1:43am On Jun 22, 2020
BikeMan:
It won't be cool, why? Are they not both managers. And one didn't even get the opportunity to assemble machinery.

I honestly don't know why Lampard has been above OGS since last year. Anyway, he's dealt with your manager several times. That makes me feel better.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nitrogen(m): 1:45am On Jun 22, 2020
BikeMan:

Loooollll Aspire to perspire to acquire so you don't retire. Fuvk motivational speakers mehn!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nitrogen(m): 1:46am On Jun 22, 2020
ovoP:
Inter playing beautiful football.. Lukaku balling

Stop the Lukaku alerts please.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Expert17: 1:48am On Jun 22, 2020
BikeMan:

Aspire to Perspire in other to Maguire

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eleshin(m): 1:55am On Jun 22, 2020
afrodoc2:
[/b]

The guy said Mou's tactics worked. LMAO.
So Mourinho was banking on Rashford and Martial missing quality chances. grin

What a load of tosh.
Serious okpata yarns.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 5:45am On Jun 22, 2020
raumdeuter:

You tell me.

Winning is not about chances created but about getting the desired result. If a boxer decides to take a thousand punches where they do not count but wait to hit a deadly up and cut to knock out his opponent, it is a tactics.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 6:10am On Jun 22, 2020

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bsAl0JjFvU8

There is only one Keano. Keano please tell us how you really feel.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 6:43am On Jun 22, 2020
elampiro:

Winning is not about chances created but about getting the desired result. If a boxer decides to take a thousand punches where they do not count but wait to hit a deadly up and cut to knock out his opponent, it is a tactics.
My guy football and boxing shouldn't be compared here, as a boxer you are a one man squad and what you said is only applicable when one is sure he's facing someone with less firepower,one who's punch carries no weight and damage, but you check am nau, United carry enough weight and power oo......also in football it's eleven people playing together where a mistake by one or two persons can jeopardize the whole team's effort and tactics/plans. Our match against Spurs, they didn't decide to take any thousand punches by allowing us those chances, we forced them open and have our selves to blame as we failed to finish them off. It was not on them, it was on us.

4 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 6:47am On Jun 22, 2020
Ravioli:
AWB lost the ball 26 times vs Spurs.

Liverpool fans: “Haha, so average.”

TAA lost the ball 32 times vs Everton.

Liverpool fans: “He hasn’t played for 3 months. Give him more time to adjust.”
What do you expect... fans and their bias
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by lekkie073(m): 6:49am On Jun 22, 2020
elampiro:

cool
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 9:00am On Jun 22, 2020
Gary Neville: "He [De Gea] hasn't been the same for some time. When form drops for six months it's a blip but when it goes on for a year you start to worry. When it goes over two years it becomes more permanent."

- Sky

5 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 9:00am On Jun 22, 2020
Gary Neville on De Gea: "There's only one thing you can do when you're having a tough time: work. Work harder than you have ever done in your life. What will happen is that you will tell yourself the amount of work you put in you deserve to be good again."

- Sky
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Ravioli(m): 10:41am On Jun 22, 2020
Gary Neville: "He [De Gea] hasn't been the same for some time. When form drops for six months it's a blip but when it goes on for a year you start to worry. When it goes over two years it becomes more permanent."
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Ravioli(m): 11:11am On Jun 22, 2020
Pep Guardiola: “Imagine being 15 points clear now from this United [team], means there has not been much wrong in what we have done in terms of points and performance.”

Who understands this??
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 11:34am On Jun 22, 2020
Ravioli:

Who understands this??
Means his team is doing quite well
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nitrogen(m): 11:38am On Jun 22, 2020
Ravioli:

Who understands this??

Means our team is better than our position on the table. The gap between City and Utd should be less than 8 points.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Ravioli(m): 11:46am On Jun 22, 2020
Our remaining fixtures compared to Chelsea’s. No excuses...

UNITED:

Sheff Utd (H)
Brighton (A)
Bournemouth (H)
Villa (A)
Saints (H)
Palace (A)
West Ham (H)
Leicester (A)

CHELSEA:

City (H)
West Ham (A)
Watford (H)
Palace (A)
Sheff Utd (A)
Norwich (H)
Pool (A)
Wolves (H)
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Prectega(m): 12:05pm On Jun 22, 2020
Ravioli:

UNITED:

Sheff Utd (H)
Brighton (A)
Bournemouth (H)
Villa (A)
Saints (H)
Palace (A)
West Ham (H)
Leicester (A)

CHELSEA:

City (H)
West Ham (A)
Watford (H)
Palace (A)
Sheff Utd (A)
Norwich (H)
Pool (A)
Wolves (H)

Good opportunity to enter top 4 , but watch Daddy Ole bottle it
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 12:26pm On Jun 22, 2020
Gary Neville: "That's all I've ever asked of Paul Pogba, just commitment. His performances, I've never blamed him for Manchester United problems over the years."

- Sky
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 12:27pm On Jun 22, 2020
Gary Neville: "I do believe he's [Pogba] the one real world-class player - David de Gea I would have said two years ago - in Manchester United Squad."

- Sky
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 12:28pm On Jun 22, 2020
Gary Neville: "Now, I feel there's a better chance of that team really succeeding [now that Pogba could stay at Manchester United], and I think they'll play at Old Trafford on Wednesday night, and there won't be any doubt that he'll play with Bruno Fernandes."

- Sky
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MRTA7: 12:59pm On Jun 22, 2020
Ravioli:

UNITED:

Sheff Utd (H)
Brighton (A)
Bournemouth (H)
Villa (A)
Saints (H)
Palace (A)
West Ham (H)
Leicester (A)

CHELSEA:

City (H)
West Ham (A)
Watford (H)
Palace (A)
Sheff Utd (A)
Norwich (H)
Pool (A)
Wolves (H)

I bet if we look at our results against those teams in our fixture list in the first half of the season, we probably dropped more point against them than against the bigger teams. Which has been our complete undoing this season. So we'll probably make it harder than we should.

4 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 1:16pm On Jun 22, 2020
Ravioli:

UNITED:

Sheff Utd (H)
Brighton (A)
Bournemouth (H)
Villa (A)
Saints (H)
Palace (A)
West Ham (H)
Leicester (A)

CHELSEA:

City (H)
West Ham (A)
Watford (H)
Palace (A)
Sheff Utd (A)
Norwich (H)
Pool (A)
Wolves (H)
If Leicester qualify for the UCL before that last game, then we can fancy our chances. With Henderson ineligible to play against us, I expect us to beat Sheffield Utd. Palace is a tricky one on the list tho.

For Chelsea, I expect them to drop points vs City, Palace (always tough for Chelsea), Sheffield Utd, Pool and Wolves (Especially if they are still in the UCL race.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 1:24pm On Jun 22, 2020
elampiro:

You can also get the desired results by luck which is not your own making

If an opponent is getting more clear cut chances, facing your keeper and missing it that is not tactics, thats luck

Was it part of Mourinho tactics for Rashford to miscontrol the ball, to shoot at keeper, for Martial to shoot at keeper etc.

Anything that is making opponent to face your keeper 1vs1 multiple times is not tactics

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (7863) (7864) (7865) (7866) (7867) (7868) (7869) ... (14182) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: Caicedobets(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.