Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,281 members, 7,836,252 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:36 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (8302) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8793099 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8299) (8300) (8301) (8302) (8303) (8304) (8305) ... (14182) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 8:08pm On Aug 19, 2020
BikeMan:
Sevilla beat this one and they all turned financial analysts. Make una go pump your money for Yoonited now if you are not satisfied with the Glaziers grin
Despite all the penalties and help from VAR they still went trophyless... even VAR is disappointed in them.

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MRTA7: 8:08pm On Aug 19, 2020
Depay can't be missing that at this level. The margins are too fine for that kind of miss.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 8:17pm On Aug 19, 2020
haha Lyon are not here to play o shocked shocked
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 8:19pm On Aug 19, 2020
LOL I never even type finish smh

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 8:20pm On Aug 19, 2020
Gnabry cool
That's what you get when you miss your chances
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by larride(m): 8:24pm On Aug 19, 2020
chrisley024:
Gnabry cool
That's what you get when you miss your chances

You can’t be missing those kind of chances at this level. Not against a team like Bayern.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 8:24pm On Aug 19, 2020
Heard what the commentator said?

“That’s what you get when you miss your chances.”

Missing against Bayern even makes it more costly.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by larride(m): 8:38pm On Aug 19, 2020
Bayern sef dey miss chances sha. They just create so much ni.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by weedtaker: 8:44pm On Aug 19, 2020
I want Paris to lift the cup so that Neymar will be rightly recognized as the third best player behind CR7 and LA midget.

but its so obvious that Bayern will win the final without even breaking a sweat, very obvious its quite laughable.

again what was I thinking betting against dis side, no be even say na better team I choose, na shekpeteri. lol.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 8:58pm On Aug 19, 2020
Hopefully one day we will be that team that punishes others for not taking their chances and not the other way round.

Afrodoc2 won't playing Greenwood on the RW affect him? Looks like he's not really cut for that position
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nitrogen(m): 9:03pm On Aug 19, 2020
Opata yarns full this thread sha. It was a leveraged acquisition/buyout. (see details here https://www.comcapfactoring.com/blog/what-is-an-lbo-how-does-it-work/). LBO is good as it aids prudence. Meanwhile, shareholders still own the company, as long as you are generating sufficient cashflows to service your debt, residual income/cash comes to the shareholders.

Current standing (re: the debt) is 500m pounds which is less than the cost of 2 Neymars. Infact, if you factor in existing cash of 90m pounds, then net debt is just a little above 400m. See https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20200521005296/en/Manchester-United-PLC-Reports-Quarter-Fiscal-2020

Of course, they could have used half of the money spent on the club to pay down the debt, but they invested it in the business, so why is everyone saying that they ruined the club?

These guys are trying abeg.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nitrogen(m): 9:05pm On Aug 19, 2020
Panther7:
Afrodoc, Do you think part of the reasons Ferguson resigned was because he knew the Glazers couldn't keep up with the spending like City did?

What are you saying now, we spent close to what City has spent in the last 5 years. Where are all these yarns coming from now?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 9:09pm On Aug 19, 2020
eph12:
Hopefully one day we will be that team that punishes others for not taking their chances and not the other way round

Lol.. the narrative will change to “we were lucky to win, if they scored this and that, we would have lost, we can’t keep relying on teams missing chances”.

Better to just dominate and win.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristineC: 9:36pm On Aug 19, 2020
eph12:

They own the club, it's their money
I hope you have no mancunian neighbors if this thing must come out of your mouth in public. my hand no dey o shocked shocked shocked
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Panther7(m): 9:39pm On Aug 19, 2020
nitrogen:

What are you saying now, we spent close to what City has spent in the last 5 years. Where are all these yarns coming from now?
Try to read through the comments maybe you will get the argument/point.

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 9:41pm On Aug 19, 2020
ChristineC:
I hope you have no mancunian neighbors if this thing must come out of your mouth in public. my hand no dey o shocked shocked shocked
LOL na dem sabi
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 9:43pm On Aug 19, 2020
Lyon is the toughest opponent Bayern has faced so far
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Panther7(m): 9:43pm On Aug 19, 2020
nitrogen:
Opata yarns full this thread sha. It was a leveraged acquisition/buyout. (see details here https://www.comcapfactoring.com/blog/what-is-an-lbo-how-does-it-work/). LBO is good as it aids prudence. Meanwhile, shareholders still own the company, as long as you are generating sufficient cashflows to service your debt, residual income/cash comes to the shareholders.

Current standing (re: the debt) is 500m pounds which is less than the cost of 2 Neymars. Infact, if you factor in existing cash of 90m pounds, then net debt is just a little above 400m. See https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20200521005296/en/Manchester-United-PLC-Reports-Quarter-Fiscal-2020

Of course, they could have used half of the money spent on the club to pay down the debt, but they invested it in the business, so why is everyone saying that they ruined the club?

They invested it in Hedgefunds not into the club.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Panther7(m): 9:46pm On Aug 19, 2020
nitrogen:

That doesn't explain anything it only explains the method of acquisition. Which still translates to hostile takeover.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nitrogen(m): 9:48pm On Aug 19, 2020
Panther7:
They invested it in Hedgefunds not into the club.

Lol, they invested in players (assets of the business).
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Panther7(m): 9:52pm On Aug 19, 2020
nitrogen:

Lol, they invested in players (assets of the business).
No they shouldn't have bought players na. Invested kor investigator ni
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Panther7(m): 9:54pm On Aug 19, 2020
Panther7:
No they shouldn't have bought players na. Invested kor investigator ni
Besides how can you call players assest of the club do they use players to secure loan?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MaziAlaye(m): 10:15pm On Aug 19, 2020
Me when I remember my squad depth is filled with the likes of 70yrs old Juan Mata and 17yr old Jesse Lingard embarassed embarassed

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Bjteensdes24: 10:18pm On Aug 19, 2020
Dimitar Berbatov: "I find McTominay’s situation really strange. He is fit and ready, he got his contract extension, but he doesn’t play. Is it because Matić and Fred play really well? I am not sure, but I like him a lot."

Ole is a manager of favouritism ..He has players he doesn't touch ..even if they are not inform he ll still play them..
McTominay u were there when the squad were shambles .we ll not forget...its a pity Ole chooses his favourite ahead of u..
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by lekkie073(m): 10:26pm On Aug 19, 2020
Panther7:
Besides how can you call players assest of the club do they use players to secure loan?
players are assets to the club the same way employees are assets to companies.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MaziAlaye(m): 10:34pm On Aug 19, 2020
Bjteensdes24:
Dimitar Berbatov: "I find McTominay’s situation really strange. He is fit and ready, he got his contract extension, but he doesn’t play. Is it because Matić and Fred play really well? I am not sure, but I like him a lot."

Ole is a manager of favouritism ..He has players he doesn't touch ..even if they are not inform he ll still play them..
McTominay u were there when the squad were shambles .we ll not forget...its a pity Ole chooses his favourite ahead of u..
I am not confused at all. Like Lingard I do not consider McTominay to be Utd quality, Berbatov should know better. Ppl act like McTominay is an 18 yrs old just breaking through, he is 23, let that just sink in 23. Compare him to other 23 yrs old or even younger in the PL.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Panther7(m): 10:37pm On Aug 19, 2020
lekkie073:
players are assets to the club the same way employees are assets to companies.
So when the club wants to secure loan from banks they put the players down as collateral? Ohh that's nice!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by odizeey(m): 10:37pm On Aug 19, 2020
Bjteensdes24:

Ole na funny man.

We go dey all right.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by TrebleChamp(m): 10:38pm On Aug 19, 2020
How much does Bayern Munich pay players like Lewandowski, Alaba, Alcantara, Muller and the rest per week? They don't earn as much as United players yet see their commitment on the pitch for their club. United will just be increasing salaries of players anyhow, some players at United are heavily over paid without any meaningful end result. They is no hunger, no commitment from our players, very lazy set of players we have....
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nitrogen(m): 10:42pm On Aug 19, 2020
Panther7:
So when the club wants to secure loan from banks they put the players down as collateral? Ohh that's nice!

If you dont know, ask. Players are the key assets of a football club. Other assets include stadium, and maybe inventories. I am so sure the asset used as collateral was the stadium.

Meanwhile, LBOs sometimes can be on the back of existing assets and expected cashflows. So, for an entity that has few tangible assets, the banks would rely on future/predictable cashflows expected from the business.

Also, the club has been able to refinance the bank loans to bonds which require almost zero collateral.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Bjteensdes24: 10:44pm On Aug 19, 2020
MaziAlaye:

I am not confused at all. Like Lingard I do not consider McTominay to be Utd quality, Berbatov should know better. Ppl act like McTominay is an 18 yrs old just breaking through, he is 23, let that just sink in 23. Compare him to other 23 yrs old or even younger in the PL.
So, are you saying the guy isn't trying is best enough and should be sold? Someone that really played well before being dropped back to the bench.. Do you even consider playing this guys week in week out and see if they deliver or not
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by lekkie073(m): 10:44pm On Aug 19, 2020
Panther7:
not all assets serve as collateral. Goodwill is an asset bit does not serve as collateral

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (8299) (8300) (8301) (8302) (8303) (8304) (8305) ... (14182) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: Cuddler and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.