Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,204 members, 7,818,691 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:52 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (8304) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8734082 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8301) (8302) (8303) (8304) (8305) (8306) (8307) ... (14148) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nitrogen(m): 5:32am On Aug 20, 2020
afrodoc2:

2005/2006: 23m 4th in the EPL behind Chelsea, Everton, Liverpool

2006/2007: 9m 9th in the EPL behind Chelsea, Liverpool, Spurs, Newcastle, Everton, Bolton, Aston Villa, Charlton Athletic

These are the 2 years immediately after the Glazers (our billionaires) bought us.

2007/2008: 56.9 2nd to Spurs

2008/2009: 37.8 4th to Man City, Aston Villa, Spurs

2009/2010: 77m surplus mainly because of Ronaldo. Dead last in the league behind everybody.

2010/2011: 11.99m 9th in the EPL behind Man City, Chelsea, Spurs, Arsenal, Birmingham, Stoke City, Wolves, West Brom

2011/2012: 48.5m 3rd to Chelsea, Man City

2012/2013: 66m 2nd to Chelsea

Source: transfermarkt.com

Notice how immediately real billionaires like Abramovic and ADUG bought their clubs those clubs shot to the top of net spend over the next 2-3 seasons while when our fake billionaires bought United we maintained 4th to 9th positions on net spend?

Notice how a club that keeps making millions more than everybody else in the league is almost never at the top of net spend table?

It is a phucking disgrace.

You are really using net spend for your analysis? Outflow is what matters here. Anyway, If i want to agree that Fergie did not do much in terms of spending, can we assert that Fergie already built a team that needed low average net spend per year vs the likes of City and chelsea that were nothing pre-2005?

Also, how come Man Utd is only second to City in spending since 2013? This actually disproves your assertion that the Glazers haven't spent much on the club.

Meanwhile, I struggle to understand what you mean by 'real billionaires' sha. Most billionaires have huge debt. The ones you are talking about have only decided to use structures to make the clubs have indirect exposures, thereby decieving several naive and ignorant football fans.

Better stop the emotional stuff, and for once accept that these guys are spending heavily on the club.

Just dont know why an average English man hates to see Americans control/manage their wealth, they prefer to have 'not too knowledgeable' investors from Middle East and Russia blow their oil money and their countries' fortunes on the UK economy. This has been going on for decades/centuries, go read about the development of Canary Wharf.

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 5:41am On Aug 20, 2020
nitrogen:

You are really using net spend for your analysis? Outflow is what matters here. Anyway, If i want to agree that Fergie did not do much in terms of spending, can we assert that Fergie already built a team that needed low average net spend per year vs the likes of City and chelsea that were nothing pre-2005?

Also, how come Man Utd is only second to City in spending since 2013? This actually disproves your assertion that the Glazers haven't spent much on the club.

Meanwhile, I struggle to understand what you mean by 'real billionaires' sha. Most billionaires have huge debt. The ones you are talking about have only decided to use structures to make the clubs have indirect exposures, thereby decieving several naive and ignorant football fans.

Better stop the emotional stuff, and for once accept that these guys are spending heavily on the club.

Just dont know why an average English man hates to see Americans control/manage their wealth, they prefer to have 'not too knowledgeable' investors from Middle East and Russia blow their oil money and their countries' fortunes on the UK economy. This has been going on for decades/centuries, go read about the development of Canary Wharf.

1) Of course when their investment was in jeopardy they started investing. When they should have capitalized in the mid 2000s to build a dominant team they were spending less than Stoke City and Aston Villa.

phucking disgrace.

2) Irrelevant. Liverpool is owned by Americans too.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nitrogen(m): 5:50am On Aug 20, 2020
afrodoc2:
[/b]

1) Of course when their investment was in jeopardy they started investing. When they should have capitalized in the mid 2000s to build a dominant team they were spending less than Stoke City and Aston Villa.

phucking disgrace.

Lol, how come there were several articles against the club owners before Klopp told them to shut up? cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 5:57am On Aug 20, 2020
nitrogen:

Lol, how come there were several articles against the club owners before Klopp told them to shut up? cheesy

Objection. Speculation.
It is not only American owners that get articles written against them.

There have been articles against Abramovic, Ivan Gazidis, Mike Ashley, John Elkann e.t.c

Or is Bartomeu also American?

grin

5 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nitrogen(m): 6:03am On Aug 20, 2020
afrodoc2:
[/b]

phucking disgrace.

Maybe you still don't get it, Fergie left, reason we are where we are today. Debt or 2005 takeover is not the reason. We can't use the DNA thing to win trophies, we need a new system, sack and hire managers for success. That's my point. We have been spending since 2013 plus trying to do the DNA thing at the same time, but.no success. Can we just change the approach for once?

Please stop saying that these guys have not spent on the club. They are trying abeg.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nitrogen(m): 6:06am On Aug 20, 2020
afrodoc2:

Objection. Speculation.
It is not only American owners that get articles written against them.

There have been articles against Abramovic, Ivan Gazidis, Mike Ashley, John Elkann e.t.c

Or is Bartomeu also American?

grin

Lol, the whole world knows about the special enmity between Britain and America, it's been around for a long time. Anyway, I dont have the time to start talking/typing about it. Make the matter rest for here, Na me bring am up.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 6:12am On Aug 20, 2020
nitrogen:

Maybe you still don't get it, Fergie left, reason we are where we are today. Debt or 2005 takeover is not the reason. We can't use the DNA thing to win trophies, we need a new system, sack and hire managers for success. That's my point. We have been spending since 2013 plus trying to do the DNA thing at the same time, but.no success. Can we just change the approach for once?

Please stop saying that these guys have not spent on the club. They are trying abeg.

Maybe you think i am saying all this to defend Solskjaer. If they sack him today and appoint Tuchel or Nagelsmann i will be the first to share rice and plantain here.

However the origin of the problem is the aging and average squad Fergie left in 2013 that was as a result of years of spending Stoke City and Everton money while making Madrid and Barca money.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nitrogen(m): 6:19am On Aug 20, 2020
afrodoc2:

Maybe you think i am saying all this to defend Solskjaer. If they sack him today and appoint Tuchel or Nagelsmann i will be the first to share rice and plantain here.

However the origin of the problem is the aging and average squad Fergie left in 2013 that was as a result of years of spending Stoke City and Everton money while making Madrid and Barca money.

I still don't agree. Meanwhile, we already bought more that 28 players, (5 short of three squads) since Fergie left now, and most were established players before they join man Utd.

So how come no success, even though we have replaced the so called aging and average squad?

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 6:23am On Aug 20, 2020
nitrogen:

I still don't agree. We already bought more that 28 players, (5 short of three squads) since Fergie left now, and most were established players before they join man Utd.

See wahala. I already posted the figures here for all to see. You don't have to agree nah. grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 6:26am On Aug 20, 2020
The only thing worse than appointing the wrong manager is sacking the wrong manager to appoint another wrong or even worse manager.

Sacking and employment of managers should be with sense and a plan, not just wuruwuru to the answer.

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by odizeey(m): 7:31am On Aug 20, 2020
Nice argument.

The kind of premium argument you get.

Not shekpites argument. cheesy

6 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by macjireh: 7:44am On Aug 20, 2020
OtemAtum:

Dibnim 1: 1 - 10
1. I am a chlorine to the bad gods. I weaken their bonds.
2. I have the potential of a potassium to displace every useless god.
3. I am the heat which makes the weak take courage.
4. I am the key which opens all cuffs.
5. I am the whirlwind sent to scatter the philosophies of Yahweh, Allah and their likes.
6. I am the house of words, the cave of histories, the mansion of knowledge.
7. I am the powerhouse of all good and penitent gods.
8. I am a great element among the functional groups of the universe.
9. I am the part of God(Existence) where universal histories are kept.
10. Within me is peace and peace revolves around me.
chaii...lucifer,, it no go better for u oo...see as u blind D's one kpatakpata grin ....otem or whatever u are called,, D's is a sports thread...EPL is over and d UCL will be over by Sunday.. don't come and start pouring ur myopic, unfounded and unproven ideologies here..u can only convince those who have also been blinded by lucifer and are looking for who to disciple dem....d battle in d spirit realm has always been to get worshippers... d devil has always been looking for those who will worship him and as such he has turned d world upside down just to keep people away from God,, whereas Jesus is d only true way to the Father...look at God's people Israel today,,they look small,,they don't make much noise but they are mighty...if u claim Jehovah has been caged,how come Israel is still peaceful and calm...growing up we always heard of war between Palestine and Israel,, we thot Palestinians were having d upper hand,,but in reality Israel has been d one with d upper hand... Till date Israel has been keeping Palestine in bondage,,they just can't overcome d power of Israel..where do u think that power came from? don't even tell an Israeli dat u caged their God Jehovah..they will stone u to death ,,Jehovah was actually d God revealed to Moses... Abraham, Isaac and Jacob only knew Elshadai..d names of God are His Personalities and Powers which He reveals to different people at different times...Till date God keeps revealing Himself to different people in different ways...in d days of Moses and Abraham,,those two men would have argued seriously to each other that their God is different and God will just be in Heaven and be laughing at their myopia...in conclusion, u don't know who God is,,He does whatsoever pleases Him..He can hide Himself from the world so that people like u can doubt Him,,He doesn't care...it doesn't add or remove anything from Him..we humans depend on Him,,He doesn't depend on us for anything,, it was after lucifer fell dat He decided to make man to worship Him,,man was never His original idea,,Lucifer could give Him all d pleasures He desired to get...so otem u can keep deceiving ursef all u care,,it takes nothing from God,,its not paining God that u and all atheists on earth chose to be fooIs...have a nice day
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by CapitalCee(m): 7:45am On Aug 20, 2020
Leyqute:

Oya dey dictate make I type him sack letter.

I don ask permission from old Trafford already they say make I go ahead.

Lol
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by CapitalCee(m): 7:55am On Aug 20, 2020
Expert17:

He will surely play some part,... I'm happy he will end up as a Treble winner in his 1st season.

Lmao, no be only direction. Na magnitude. Direction with 66 points and 3 Semi losses.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by melodyogonna(m): 8:33am On Aug 20, 2020
nitrogen:

These are sensational stuffs from the media. Nothing has crashed, They've spent a billion over the years, but nothing is happening because they just have not found the right manager. It's normal. Liverpool was trophyless for more than a decade. That's why we need to forget talks about legacy. We should adopt styles used by other clubs. Fire and re-fire managers for success. The long term stuff is not going to work. Trust me.
Trust you? grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MRTA7: 9:05am On Aug 20, 2020
We start the new season on the 19th Sep due to our involvement in the Europa league.

Crystal palace - Home
Brighton - Away
Spurs - Home

First 3 for the new season.

Spurs, Chelsea and Arsenal in Oct. shocked

City and Leeds in Dec.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristineC: 9:11am On Aug 20, 2020
nitrogen:

you are intentionally mixing it up.
we have been doing sack and hire system that didn't work. it's the 5th manager in 7 years to stand in that dug out.
this is the point to try DNA, and it will be given time grin

6 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 9:49am On Aug 20, 2020
Depth just got more important.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MRTA7: 9:51am On Aug 20, 2020
Look at the potential final 6 matches

Leeds - Away
Liverpool - Home
Villa - Away
leicester - Home
Fulham - Home
Wolves -away
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chidexxy007(m): 10:57am On Aug 20, 2020
MRTA7:
Look at the potential final 6 matches

Leeds - Away
Liverpool - Home
Villa - Away
leicester - Home
Fulham - Home
Wolves -away
Liverpool only threat here, all things being equal.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by lekkie073(m): 12:10pm On Aug 20, 2020
nitrogen:

They know Americans are as wise as they (the English men) are, if not wiser. Americans will not throw money into the English economy like morons. They prefer Arabians and Asians who will just rush to bring in billions without having a deep think.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by metodman(m): 12:15pm On Aug 20, 2020
chidexxy007:

Liverpool only threat here, all things being equal.

Wolves away not a threat?

Derby match with Leeds? I hope you realize that no matter how bad those guys are, they will definitely going to put up a fight on that day.

With our players always very tired and a manager who would use 15 players all season till they are barely able to move.... we will be alive to see how the season pans out
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Lana1(m): 12:17pm On Aug 20, 2020
afrodoc2:

You mean unholy cheet. That is why when i hear people saying the Glazers have tried i just laugh in Mandarin.
Shey when i brought it up, they said it's ok for the club to owe half a billion in debts.

They've tried. They have really tried. Leemao!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nitrogen(m): 12:25pm On Aug 20, 2020
ChristineC:

you are intentionally mixing it up.
we have been doing sack and hire system that didn't work. it's the 5th manager in 7 years to stand in that dug out.
this is the point to try DNA, and it will be given time grin

Moyes was a DNA play, OGS is a DNA play. To some extent, LVG was a DNA play.

Mou gave us trophies, Mou was not a DNA play.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nitrogen(m): 12:33pm On Aug 20, 2020
afrodoc2:

The only thing worse than appointing the wrong manager is sacking the wrong manager to appoint another wrong or even worse manager.

Sacking and employment of managers should be with sense and a plan, not just wuruwuru to the answer.

Sense and plan Ke? Chelsea, Real Madrid, Bayern, Juve etc. have been hiring and firing managers at will, with no 'sense', and they've been winning trophies. The world has moved on abeg.

Hire a manager, give him a 1-2 year contract, if things look good, extend by 1 year, if not, sack, and appoint another one. Short term contracts to avoid the Mou situation.

Rinse and repeat.

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 12:36pm On Aug 20, 2020
Lana1:
Shey when i brought it up, they said it's ok for the club to owe half a billion in debts.

They have tried when it comes to buying players but but ...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Expert17: 12:37pm On Aug 20, 2020
Lana1:

grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 12:48pm On Aug 20, 2020
I have been following the argument closely and TBH, it makes for a good read...

I used to be anti-Glazers whilst Fergie was here because they just didn't splash the cash on quality players as one would've expected. Our midfield was left unattended to for years and whilst we lost key players, they didn't do enough to replace them but over the past couple of years, they've invested in the squad hugely maybe because we started missing out on Europe altogether (sounds plausible)...

The reason why we are still struggling even when the Glazers have brought out the cheque book is because we don't have a football philosophy to guide our player purchases and that's why we desperately need a football man to run to football aspect of the club. Van Gaal came and signed his men, Mourinho came and signed the players he likes which are quite different from the kind of players we signed under Van Gaal and now, Ole is buying his own players. If sacked, we might opt for another manager with an entirely different footballing philosophy...

The club needs to have a direction wherein, player acquisition and manager change will depend on whether or he can fit in our system that way, a new manager will come in and doesn't need a complete clear out like what Pep wanted at Chelsea...

5 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nitrogen(m): 12:54pm On Aug 20, 2020
GloryIsaac:
Depth just got more important.

Your guy should stop selling players for now in the name of clearing deadwoods.Also, he should try to use players on the bench.

This season is going to be a very long one!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nitrogen(m): 1:02pm On Aug 20, 2020
patrickmuf:
I have been following the argument closely and TBH, it makes for a good read...

I used to be anti-Glazers whilst Fergie was here because they just didn't splash the cash on quality players as one would've expected. Our midfield was left unattended to for years and whilst we lost key players, they didn't do enough to replace them but over the past couple of years, they've invested in the squad hugely maybe because we started missing out on Europe altogether (sounds plausible)...

The reason why we are still struggling even when the Glazers have brought out the cheque book is because we don't have a football philosophy to guide our player purchases and that's why we desperately need a football man to run to football aspect of the club. Van Gaal came and signed his men, Mourinho came and signed the players he likes which are quite different from the kind of players we signed under Van Gaal and now, Ole is buying his own players. If sacked, we might opt for another manager with an entirely different footballing philosophy...

The club needs to have a direction wherein, player acquisition and manager change will depend on whether or he can fit in our system that way, a new manager will come in and doesn't need a complete clear out like what Pep wanted at Chelsea...

Okay, this makes sense. However, please note that very few managers do a complete clear out. Most times, new managers just buy 3-4 players and win trophies in the first or second season.

It's a mandate, we give you funds 100-150m to sign players, by year 2 you must win trophies or leave, and in year 2, you don't get more than 100m for transfers.

It's working very well. Na only Pep dey do complete clear out because he is a check book manager, meanwhile, I am not sure Bayern allowed him to do that.

Meanwhile, forget this philosophy talk abeg, Na philosophy/DNA/style put us in this mess. again, if things don't work, bring in another manager with fresh ideas (could be different football style) so we can win something abeg.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SIRcumalot: 1:03pm On Aug 20, 2020
So this Sancho saga na pipe dream.
Me sef suspect am. We no get Dortmund money.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Expert17: 1:11pm On Aug 20, 2020
Clubs dey win trophies with taking right and fast decisions on managers.....we still dey talk of DNA and Philosophy.

Kwantinue.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8301) (8302) (8303) (8304) (8305) (8306) (8307) ... (14148) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: Beorn, iheanyi40(m) and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.