Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,441 members, 7,850,546 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 02:05 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (8388) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8836840 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8385) (8386) (8387) (8388) (8389) (8390) (8391) ... (14209) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 9:24pm On Sep 02, 2020
Van de Beek: "I was watching a lot of them [Manchester United] and there are a lot of good players in the midfield and I can’t wait to play with them. It will be really nice and I will enjoy playing with these kinds of football players."
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 9:25pm On Sep 02, 2020
Van de Beek: "The only one who I know is Timothy [Fosu-Mensah], I was playing with him in the Ajax youth team a long time ago. I have talked with him and he said ‘when are you coming? You’ve waited too long to come!’. He’s making jokes with me which is nice."
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 9:30pm On Sep 02, 2020
Oasis007:
Van de Beek: "Last week I spoke to Solskjær. It was about private things, but also about football — he said he knew exactly what my biggest strengths are and told me that he wants me to be in and around the 16 [metre] box at Manchester United too."

Switching to a 4-3-3 it seems.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 9:30pm On Sep 02, 2020
benji93:
Good question. It's just what i see.He looks like a good player, that makes some standard saves. Those saves DDG as been fumbling recently. cheesy. But i have not seen him make world-class saves week in week out.
Week in week out? Issokay
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 9:30pm On Sep 02, 2020
Hopefully the midfielders will sit up and know their places in the team isn’t guaranteed now that VDB is here.

Also, Pogba will be free to chase his dreams elsewhere like he’s wanted to.

Henderson is also competition for DDG and Sancho for Rashford, Greenwood and maybe Bruno. The only player with a guaranteed starting shirt right now is, maybe Martial.

And thank God there’s a direction to our transfers now. If Mr. Heritage was still here we’d be chasing the signatures of Bale, James Rodriguez, Willian, Modric and Higuain.

Hian.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 9:30pm On Sep 02, 2020
GloryIsaac:

Amen or 3-4-3
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 9:37pm On Sep 02, 2020
eph12:

Amen or 3-4-3

Will that be stable?

Requires 2 CMs & 3 FWs. Reduced creativity imo..
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by benji93: 9:54pm On Sep 02, 2020
I beg to differ. I am able to notice the difference between different classes of goalkeepers.You aren't the only one that watches football. If your argument is based on DDG's slump , there's not much i can say about that. Your assessment is well taken. But i can also say that, as some world-class outfield players subsequently regained their form after a dip, i would expect that some goal keepers can do the same. I'll give you the FA cup, but for the Europa league that's a capital no. Noe of the goals were DDG's fault. I repeat their are some saves that DDG makes especially with his feet, Romero can only dream of it. Let me very clear, i personally believe he should have let Romero man the post vs Sevilla. The guy had been the goalkeeper until that very fixture. It wasn't fair. It even borders on disrespect. I believe Ole doesn't quite like Romero, or doesn't quite rate him as much as he rates DDG. And that happens all the time in football, but as the coach you better hope you keep winning inspite of your preferential treatment. Perhaps Ole was trying to instil confidence into DDG, hoping he'll rediscover his form. If DDG is in form, him no be Romero mate, not even close.

Now can we win spoon with this DDG? Not even a plastic one. cheesy. I hope he rediscovers that form when the premier league restarts. I suppose he can't help but do just that, now that Dean is on his way back.
Expert17:

You don't know much abt GK I guess and you haven't watch Romero that much.

Can you win spoon with this version of Degea?

We would have won or atleast progress to the final of both FA cup and UEL with Romero.

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by DontBullshitMe: 9:58pm On Sep 02, 2020
afrodoc2:

This one does not smoke or drink. Very cool and healthy living guy. That is why he got to 70 with no lung or heart problems. It was his prostate that did it for him.
'Prostrate' how?

What are those things a man can do to avoid something like this? I don't drink nor smoke too and I have always believed I am not at risk of kidney failure.

Your response will go a long way.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 9:59pm On Sep 02, 2020
GloryIsaac:

Or he came to complete with Pogba for his, Pogba, position in the 4231. Well we wait and see how it goes. Hopefully the DM, RW and LB are sorted out soon.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by benji93: 10:00pm On Sep 02, 2020
Yes to hell with lazy Pogba. We no go dey convulse whenever we hear say another team want am. cheesy. Maybe him go sit up now.
Leyqute:
Hopefully the midfielders will sit up and know their places in the team isn’t guaranteed now that VDB is here.

Henderson is also competition for DDG and Sancho for Rashford, Greenwood and maybe Bruno. The only player with a guaranteed starting shirt right now is, maybe Martial.

And thank God there’s a direction to our transfers now. If Mr. Heritage was still here we’d be chasing the signatures of Bale, James Rodriguez, Willian, Modric and Higuain.

Hian.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nezzjnr: 10:01pm On Sep 02, 2020
Leyqute:

Hian.
Main man Bissaka Will be a regular starter cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by benji93: 10:11pm On Sep 02, 2020
To be honest, there's not much you can do. Anything that can prevent the accumulation of toxins in the prostrate. I suppose that's the only reasonable cause. Some claim that drinking fluid form ground onion bulbs could help detoxify it. I am not saying this is a sure way of detoxifying it. Just a suggestion.
DontBullshitMe:

'Prostrate' how?

What are those things a man can do to avoid something like this? I don't drink nor smoke too and I have always believed I am not at risk of kidney failure.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 10:12pm On Sep 02, 2020
chrisley024:
Or he came to complete with Pogba for his, Pogba, position in the 4231. Well we wait and see how it goes. Hopefully the DM, RW and LB are sorted out soon.

Looks very much like RW & CB. Seen multiple reports about United not spending more than £150m in a window, which means they’ll likely push for only a RW & CB, considering that Sancho’s fees can take up a huge chunk of that budget.

An LB is important too, but that might hinge on sales.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by DontBullshitMe: 10:20pm On Sep 02, 2020
benji93:
To be honest, there's not much you can do. Anything that can prevent the accumulation of toxins in the prostrate. I suppose that's the only reasonable cause. Some claim that drinking fluid form ground onion bulbs could help detoxify it. I am not saying this is a sure way of detoxifying it. Just a suggestion.
What causes the accumulation of toxins? Is it food? I will avoid it. grin

I'm worried because I am not a big fan of childbirth and I won't want to spend my last days fighting kidney failure especially when there's no immediate family to help. grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by TrebleChamp(m): 10:31pm On Sep 02, 2020
Oasis007:
Van de Beek: "I’m a midfielder that likes to go into the box – making runs, goals, assists. A lot of the time, I cover a lot of distance in games, this is also a thing that is a strength for me, to get into the box of the opponent."
Una sure say this guy no go send Pogba go bench so?

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by weedtaker: 10:38pm On Sep 02, 2020
TrebleChamp:
undecided you looking for my trouble or what?

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 10:48pm On Sep 02, 2020
GloryIsaac:

Will that be stable?

Requires 2 CMs & 3 FWs. Reduced creativity imo..
There will be width from the WBs, plus a compact midfield to cut off any attack and launch one too
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristineC: 10:58pm On Sep 02, 2020
TrebleChamp:
doesn't seem likely, yet competition makes everybody better. with McTom, Fred and VDB pushing themselves on the sides, the privileged on the pitch know not to take things for granted. besides there'll be enough games for serious players.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by DeadPresidents: 11:25pm On Sep 02, 2020
Watched the VDB farewell video. Ajax are really classy TBH.

You never hear about any long-winding sagas and rofo-rofo fights when any of their players are about to leave.

They also make it a matter of principle never to price a player who wants a move out of the club.

That useless Dortmund on the other hand angry, they always have one saga going on or the other.

Aubameyang leaving was a messy affair.

Lewandowski leaving was a messy affair.

Dembele was a messy affair.

Now they are doing the same with Sancho...

5 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by TrebleChamp(m): 12:45am On Sep 03, 2020
weedtaker:
undecided you looking for my trouble or what?
"I’m a midfielder that likes to go into the box – making runs, goals, assists. A lot of the time, I cover a lot of distance in games"

Read that and tell me the dude isn't a complete package.....
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by TrebleChamp(m): 12:49am On Sep 03, 2020
ChristineC:
doesn't seem likely, yet competition makes everybody better. with McTom, Fred and VDB pushing themselves on the sides, the privileged on the pitch know not to take things for granted. besides there'll be enough games for serious players.
"I’m a midfielder that likes to go into the box – making runs, goals, assists. A lot of the time, I cover a lot of distance in games"

If what he said up there about his style of play is true, then we might just have to let Pogba go if any serious offer comes in. No harm meant lord weed.taker
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 1:07am On Sep 03, 2020
Expert17:

You don't know much abt GK I guess and you haven't watch Romero that much.

Can you win spoon with this version of Degea?

We would have won or atleast progress to the final of both FA cup and UEL with Romero.

Romero is good for cup games when the spotlight isn't beaming on him every other weekend. We saw how Romero fared after that DeGea to Madrid saga...Remember our game against Swansea?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by benji93: 1:14am On Sep 03, 2020
You may want to cut down on eating foods that contain al ot of proteins. Some of the unused amino acids may end up there. I would think eating a lot of fruits and vegetables help to reduce the risk. That's the best you can do. Try to reduce the risk as much as possible, also try to check your risk genetically.
DontBullshitMe:

What causes the accumulation of toxins? Is it food? I will avoid it. grin

I'm worried because I am not a big fan of childbirth and I won't want to spend my last days fighting kidney failure especially when there's no immediate family to help. grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 2:02am On Sep 03, 2020
GloryIsaac:

Home-grown price.

Considering how things have turned out, getting Varane might not have turned out well. Some players are privileged to reach certain heights in their careers because of the coaches they play under. I believe Varane is one of them.

Varane was never going to come to us. Zidane had already turned his head then. Zidan in his capacity as Real Madrid ambassador and using his god-like status in France had invited him over to Spain and taken him on a tour of the facilities.

The same thing happened with Karim Benzema.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 2:11am On Sep 03, 2020
DontBullshitMe:

'Prostrate' how?

LOL. Not Prostrate but Prostate gland. It is just below the bladder and the urethra passes through it. It enlarges with age, more commonly with people with Black African ancestry. Nothing has been proven to really prevent it for those who will get it.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by pharod(m): 3:12am On Sep 03, 2020
TrebleChamp:

If what he said up there about his style of play is true, then we might just have to let Pogba go if any serious offer comes in. No harm meant lord weed.taker

Man U fans are funny sha. Immediately we get one decent player, suddenly "we might just have to let Pogba go"... What happened to squad depth? Or u want DVB to play every minute of all games next season like Magwaya?

We need to be calming down with all these sell Pogba chants up n down. There are not a lot of players like him out there.. The one you have, u hold it with two hands....

5 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 4:06am On Sep 03, 2020
AS Roma plan to complete a deal for Chris Smalling for a loan with a fee + an obligation to buy for a total of €12m. The final figure would be lower than what Manchester United were requesting in recent weeks

- Di Marzio
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 4:07am On Sep 03, 2020
Dean Henderson: "I said at 23 I'll go back [to Manchester United] and that'll be my time. I remember [saying that] sitting in the interview room at Grimsby so I knew what I needed to do. I knew what I needed to tick off before I got there."

- Telegraph
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 4:08am On Sep 03, 2020
Dean Henderson: "With Manchester United, David De Gea has obviously been a great goalkeeper first and foremost for many years. He's been phenomenal and that's something I aspire to be, to have a career like him at the club."

- Telegraph
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 4:09am On Sep 03, 2020
Dean Henderson: "I'll be going back in first day of the [Manchester United] pre-season working my socks off to get in that starting line-up because it's something I've always wanted."

- Telegraph

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 4:13am On Sep 03, 2020
Dean Henderson: "I'm so close now [to being Manchester United's number one] so I'm not going to give up. I'm going to put the pressure on. I respect David [De Gea]. He’s been a phenomenal servant for the football club and if not one of the best in the recent years."

- Telegraph

(1) (2) (3) ... (8385) (8386) (8387) (8388) (8389) (8390) (8391) ... (14209) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: afrodoc2 and 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.