Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,359 members, 7,850,320 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 06:18 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (8389) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8835794 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8386) (8387) (8388) (8389) (8390) (8391) (8392) ... (14208) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 4:14am On Sep 03, 2020
Dean Henderson: "It's down to me. I know what challenges are going to be ahead. I’m well up for it."

- Telegraph
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 4:15am On Sep 03, 2020
Dean Henderson: "The aim is for me to play football next season and I don't think I want to be not playing after coming off a good season with momentum. It wouldn't be clever for me to sit around and not play football."

- Telegraph
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 4:15am On Sep 03, 2020
Dean Henderson: "You can get many things from training, and obviously learn off someone like David [De Gea] himself and the other goalkeepers, goalkeeper coaches. But I don't think there's any substitute for game-time, in my opinion."

- Telegraph
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 4:16am On Sep 03, 2020
afrodoc2:

Varane was never going to come to us. Zidane had already turned his head then. Zidan in his capacity as Real Madrid ambassador and using his god-like status in France had invited him over to Spain and taken him on a tour of the facilities.

The same thing happened with Karim Benzema.

So Varane too dey give half truth? Like some passionate player cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 4:20am On Sep 03, 2020
eph12:

There will be width from the WBs, plus a compact midfield to cut off any attack and launch one too

The WBs still can’t do the required job under such conditions. Our RB dey wear timbs when pushing attack normally, adding the responsibility of creativity and width to that doesn’t look good.

3-5-2 better. We still maintain that midfield 3.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 4:24am On Sep 03, 2020
TrebleChamp:
"I’m a midfielder that likes to go into the box – making runs, goals, assists. A lot of the time, I cover a lot of distance in games"

If what he said up there about his style of play is true, then we might just have to let Pogba go if any serious offer comes in. No harm meant lord weed.taker

Paul isn’t going anywhere. Especially with this improved squad, and he should be worth £150m+ in the market.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 4:30am On Sep 03, 2020
Dean Henderson is really gunning for De Gea’s job man.

Ole should sha quickly make his decision.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 4:45am On Sep 03, 2020
If United couldn't get Sancho this TW, I will prefer we opt for 3 - 5 - 2 Formation. I'll also prefer the Lineup to go as follows;

Gk

De Gea (Henderson)

CBs

Maguire, Lindelöf, Bailly

WBs

Aaron Wan Bissaka, Shaw

MDs

Pogba, VDB, Bruno

STs

Martial, Greenwood (Rashford if fits should start ahead of Greenwood).
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 4:51am On Sep 03, 2020
I think we've got the Depth to play from the middle the most this coming Season, instead of playing from the Flanks. Thus another Formation I would like to see us playing is 4 - 4 - 2, Diamond Midfield Shape.

I'll lineup the Team as below if we opt for the Formation;

GK

De Gea (Henderson)

DFs

AWB, Maguire, Bailly, Shaw

MDs

Fred, VDB, Pogba, Bruno

STs

Martial, Greenwood (Rashford should play ahead of Greenwood if fits).
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 4:53am On Sep 03, 2020
Joshua King: "I will not lie, because I really wanted to go there [Manchester United] in January, but what happened, happened. I know why things happened. We’ll just have to wait and see. There is a lot that is open."
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Panther7(m): 6:20am On Sep 03, 2020
Oasis007:
I think we've got the Depth to play from the middle the most this coming Season, instead of playing from the Flanks. Thus another Formation I would like to see us playing is 4 - 4 - 2, Diamond Midfield Shape.

I'll lineup the Team as below if we opt for the Formation;

GK

De Gea (Henderson)

DFs

AWB, Maguire, Bailly, Shaw

MDs

Fred, VDB, Pogba, Bruno

STs

Martial, Greenwood (Rashford should play ahead of Greenwood if fits).
We don't have the full backs to play a diamond, we played that formation against Everton last season and we struggled pretty badly, it's not even about the diamond sef anytime we play 2 up front like 3-5-2 like we did against Chelsea in the FA semis we struggled and looked a bit static.

Sometimes formations are picked due to a team's strength and our biggest strength is the front 3.

What's the point of buying players for squad depth only to be used for a diamond?

Although it will be interesting to see that formation like you have rightly said but I don't see it happening or what you do think?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 6:38am On Sep 03, 2020
4-2-3-1 as usual. Matic, Bruno, Pogba to be the starters initially with Fred, McTominay, VDB coming off the bench. The starters and benchers might change based on form and the opposition.

There is no need buying better midfielders only to field all of them at once thereby leaving the bench weak again.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 7:51am On Sep 03, 2020
afrodoc2:

4-2-3-1 as usual. Matic, Bruno, Pogba to be the starters initially with Fred, McTominay, VDB coming off the bench. The starters and benchers might change based on form and the opposition.

There is no need buying better midfielders only to field all of them at once thereby leaving the bench weak again.

Exactly. Next option is a RW & LCB.

That way, Daniel James can be allowed to play on his desired LW as a sub, while Sancho/Greenwood maintain the RW.

Then a sub for Shaw, while AWB/Brandon maintain the RB.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nezzjnr: 7:57am On Sep 03, 2020
Dean really dey ready to displace David Deji from that number one spot oo cheesy

Aaaaaaaarrrrrggggh this will give Ole a selection headache ffs cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by weedtaker: 8:24am On Sep 03, 2020
TrebleChamp:
"I’m a midfielder that likes to go into the box – making runs, goals, assists. A lot of the time, I cover a lot of distance in games"

Read that and tell me the dude isn't a complete package.....
Wow. Pogba should pack his bags, mehn times up.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 9:04am On Sep 03, 2020
Manchester United are keen to sign Sergio Reguilón. Real Madrid haven't ruled out selling him for €25m-€30m and inserting a buy-back clause. Sevilla are also interested but United have the advantage as they can offer a long-term deal, whilst Sevilla want a loan.

- AS
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 9:06am On Sep 03, 2020
Oasis007:
Manchester United are keen to sign Sergio Reguilón. Real Madrid haven't ruled out selling him for €25m-€30m and inserting a buy-back clause. Sevilla are also interested but United have the advantage as they can offer a long-term deal, whilst Sevilla want a loan.

- AS
Music to my ears. The keen should hopefully translate to buy.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by pharod(m): 9:16am On Sep 03, 2020
afrodoc2:

If this is the case, then getting a replacement for Matic should be the priority after RW. Fred is not a DM and shouldn't be playing that position for united. As for those LB and LCB positions, I believe we can still make do.

RW, DM, LB, LCB in that order...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by EarlRagnar2(m): 9:26am On Sep 03, 2020
There's no selection headache for One, he's a smart man with evil smile cheesy
Na that smile e go use take relegate De gea to bench cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 9:40am On Sep 03, 2020
pharod:

If this is the case, then getting a replacement for Matic should be the priority after RW. Fred is not a DM and shouldn't be playing that position for united. As for those LB and LCB positions, I believe we can still make do.

RW, DM, LB, LCB in that order...

Yeah you have a point. I think there is a slot for only 1 between Fred and McTominay in the squad long term.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nezzjnr: 9:54am On Sep 03, 2020
Edwin Van Der Saar said we should support Van da Beek

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nezzjnr: 10:02am On Sep 03, 2020
Solskjær has talked to Thiago personally.
But so far his wage - demands are too high
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by timay(m): 10:25am On Sep 03, 2020
Nezzjnr:

E be like say Solskjaer is working overtime to get something out of this transfer window, despite the people in charge of Transfers in the club dragging their feet.

Small time some people will carry their big mouth to accuse the man of being clueless and not having a transfer list grin
Characters just plenty for this thread grin

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Panther7(m): 10:29am On Sep 03, 2020
Oasis007:

- AS
buy back clause no no
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by timay(m): 10:30am On Sep 03, 2020
Nezzjnr:
Edwin Van Der Saar said we should support Van da Beek

This van der sar Sabi work sha. He has transformed the club since he became the club's Director over the years, both financially and football wise.

I don't know why the Glazers cannot just appoint the man as the club's Director of football in charge of football activities and leave Woodward with the financial activities of the club
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by timay(m): 10:31am On Sep 03, 2020
Panther7:
buy back clause no no

That is the reason a lot of the big clubs are yet to go for him. No big club will accept that clause.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Panther7(m): 10:36am On Sep 03, 2020
timay:

That is the reason a lot of the big clubs are yet to go for him. No big club will accept that clause.
Madrid know he is going to be the best left back in a few years but can't guarantee him a starting place because of mendy and marcelo hence the buy back clause.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by adebayo201: 11:04am On Sep 03, 2020
Nezzjnr:

This is what it is. If they can't move, move them yourself if they still don't want to move, drag them, carry them.

Nice one Olè.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by adebayo201: 11:06am On Sep 03, 2020
Panther7:
Madrid know he is going to be the best left back in a few years but can't guarantee him a starting place because of mendy and marcelo hence the buy back clause.

IMO, we can still get him. It's not as if he will be playing one season or two. If a tool is not available, we improvise.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 11:15am On Sep 03, 2020
timay:

E be like say Solskjaer is working overtime to get something out of this transfer window, despite the people in charge of Transfers in the club dragging their feet.

Small time some people will carry their big mouth to accuse the man of being clueless and not having a transfer list grin
Characters just plenty for this thread grin

The man knows how important this window is to him, regardless of how the owners might see it.

With the way last season ended, it’ll be of no sense to go into the next season without reinforcements.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 11:23am On Sep 03, 2020
adebayo201:

IMO, we can still get him. It's not as if he will be playing one season or two. If a tool is not available, we improvise.

The problem with this clause is that, when you feel you have built a solid team, and things are on track, they can just come and activate the clause, even in January. So, in a way, you want the player to perform, but you don’t want him to perform well enough to attract the attention of his previous club.

Also, Spanish players (and anyone who trained in Spain) tend to easily bend once one of their big boys come calling. That’s another problem. With a clause inserted, once they come knocking, you’ll definitely lose the player. Can’t even play hardball.

Lastly, the player might turn into a £90m-rated player, but the clause has a £35m buy-back price in it. Lose-Lose.

No big club will accept this, because they’re basically grooming a player for a future Galactico squad.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by odizeey(m): 11:50am On Sep 03, 2020
GloryIsaac:

The problem with this clause is that, when you feel you have built a solid team, and things are on track, they can just come and activate the clause, even in January. So, in a way, you want the player to perform, but you don’t want him to perform well enough to attract the attention of his previous club.

Also, Spanish players (and anyone who trained in Spain) tend to easily bend once one of their big boys come calling. That’s another problem. With a clause inserted, once they come knocking, you’ll definitely lose the player. Can’t even play hardball.

Lastly, the player might turn into a £90m-rated player, but the clause has a £35m buy-back price in it. Lose-Lose.

No big club will accept this, because they’re basically grooming a player for a future Galactico squad.
Some bad lawyers fit insert one wicked unseen counter clause inside that contract o.

Madrid are crazy sha. They should just loan him out abeg.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8386) (8387) (8388) (8389) (8390) (8391) (8392) ... (14208) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: LORDLARGE(m) and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.