Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,592 members, 7,812,930 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:51 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (8443) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8689615 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8440) (8441) (8442) (8443) (8444) (8445) (8446) ... (14145) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nezzjnr: 9:31am On Sep 12, 2020
Oasis007:
Solskjær: "He [Maguire] is going to be our captain. We’ll just leave Harry and his people and the process to run — he is an absolute top human being and has always been a positive guy with the right values. So I really hope we can see Harry performing at his best."
I've this feeling that Harry will unleash his fury on teams this season... More than what he did last season
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 9:32am On Sep 12, 2020
dubylhover:

grin for the culture bruh..I like his posts before reading it self
It isn't funny to me anymore lol
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 9:32am On Sep 12, 2020
handelex:
That guy sef..
I don tire for his matter
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by GMan650(m): 9:33am On Sep 12, 2020
afrodoc2:

Yes. Same thing happened when Rashford was promoted to the senior team and McTominay had to be striker for under-23.

In this case Greenwood was promoted, Bohui and Burkhart left the club, and Mellor has an ACL injury.

Sadly, Ramazani was also not given a new contract.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 9:35am On Sep 12, 2020
afrodoc2:

Yes. Same thing happened when Rashford was promoted to the senior team and McTominay had to be striker for under-23.

In this case Greenwood was promoted, Bohui and Burkhart left the club, and Mellor has an ACL injury.

What?! Is that a typo? cheesy grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 9:47am On Sep 12, 2020
eph12:
That Pogba Senior guy on Twitter is overdoing things and I won't be surprised if he gets blocked soon

Extreme measures some times give the desired result. Like, Bruno being signed hours after the attack on Ed’s house.

United has business men in charge of the club, not football-oriented men, and I believe that plays a critical role in the way transfer activity is done at the club, which frustrates those on the football side.

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 9:55am On Sep 12, 2020
GloryIsaac:

Nah. The season before McTom broke through he had to play CF for the reserves.

Remember that James Wilson and Will Keane were always injured.

The next in line Ashley Fletcher had gone on loan.

The next after that Rashford had unexpectedly broken through to the senior team.

So the under-23s had no strikers and were playing striker by committee.

Often it was McTom, other times Demi Mitchell or even Matty Willock.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 9:56am On Sep 12, 2020
Nezzjnr:

I've this feeling that Harry will unleash his fury on teams this season... More than what he did last season
Irony grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 9:59am On Sep 12, 2020
afrodoc2:

Nah. The season before McTom broke through he had to play CF for the reserves.

Remember that James Wilson and Will Keane were always injured.

The next in line Ashley Fletcher had gone on loan.

The next after that Rashford had unexpectedly broken through to the senior team.

So the under-23s had no strikers and were playing striker by committee.

Often it was McTom, other times Demi Mitchell or even Matty Willock.

The striker deficit is actually a huge problem at the club. Doesn’t look like it’ll be solved anytime soon, since they’re comfortable with versatile players.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Panther7(m): 10:00am On Sep 12, 2020
eph12:
That Pogba Senior guy on Twitter is overdoing things and I won't be surprised if he gets blocked soon
If he gets blocked that will mean admitting defeat, that also means the banter and insults is getting to them.
The best they will do is to ignore him nothing else.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 10:06am On Sep 12, 2020
GloryIsaac:

Currently the only under-23 striker Mellor is injured however we have about 7-8 under-18 forwards who can play various roles.

Elanga
Hoogewerf
Emeram
Mejia
Soretire

And the new guys Hansen-Aaroen, Garnacho, McNeil.

Nobody in under-23 and and so many in under-18 forwards.

The only way for everybody to get minutes would be maybe for Elanga and Hoogewerf to move permanently to under-23.

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 10:18am On Sep 12, 2020
GloryIsaac:

The striker deficit is actually a huge problem at the club. Doesn’t look like it’ll be solved anytime soon, since they’re comfortable with versatile players.

They are loading the under-18s with attackers so hopefully in about 3 years a couple of them might be ready.

And the scouting has been extensive and top notch too......at least on paper.

McNeil was scoring loads of goals at under-16 level.

Aaroen was highly rated in Norway.

Mejia scored 60 goals last year in Spain and everybody wanted him.

Garnacho is also highly rated from Atletico.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 10:31am On Sep 12, 2020
GloryIsaac:

Extreme measures some times give the desired result. Like, Bruno being signed hours after the attack on Ed’s house.

United has business men in charge of the club, not football-oriented men, and I believe that plays a critical role in the way transfer activity is done at the club, which frustrates those on the football side.
Wait! So you're one of those that truly believe that Bruno was signed because Ed house was attacked?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 10:33am On Sep 12, 2020
Panther7:
If he gets blocked that will mean admitting defeat, that also means the banter and insults is getting to them.
The best they will do is to ignore him nothing else.
Defeat to what?

Or they just mute him so they won't see any of his posts again. He's a troll and should be treated as one
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by 96forever: 10:44am On Sep 12, 2020
eph12:

Defeat to what?

Or they just mute him so they won't see any of his posts again. He's a troll and should be treated as one
lol, he’s not though... writing that your team should sign a player they have been heavily linked with has nothing to do with trolling.

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 10:50am On Sep 12, 2020
96forever:
lol, he’s not though... writing that your team should sign a player they have been heavily linked with has nothing to do with trolling.
Repeating the same thing over and over on every post should count as a troll. It's annoying. There are people that enjoy it but doesn't mean that's not trolling to others. It's not a must to sign Sancho especially at that amount BVB is insisting on.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 10:58am On Sep 12, 2020
afrodoc2:

They are loading the under-18s with attackers so hopefully in about 3 years a couple of them might be ready.

I guess the scouts are doing their job. It's now left for the U-18 coach ensure most of them reach their potentials by guiding them on the pitch in hope that they keep their heads down and work hard.

I don't really rate U-23 because if a player is good enough at U-18, he'll most likely be knocking on the door of the first team. Rather than U-23, I prefer those who have shown serious potential but have their path to the first team blocked be loaned out to a championship or Bundesliga/Eredivisie team.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by 96forever: 10:59am On Sep 12, 2020
eph12:

Repeating the same thing over and over on every post should count as a troll. It's annoying. There are people that enjoy it but doesn't mean that's not trolling to others. It's not a must to sign Sancho especially at that amount BVB is insisting on.
you are getting triggered lol.. I bet if the posts don’t have much likes you won’t be talking about senior.

They are countless other ones who tweet the same content over and over again, I don’t see you finding them annoying.

5 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by PietroRick: 11:02am On Sep 12, 2020
I think McNeil goes straight into the u23s
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 11:02am On Sep 12, 2020
afrodoc2:

Currently the only under-23 striker Mellor is injured however we have about 7-8 under-18 forwards who can play various roles.

Elanga
Hoogewerf
Emeram
Mejia
Soretire

And the new guys Hansen-Aaroen, Garnacho, McNeil.

Nobody in under-23 and and so many in under-18 forwards.

The only way for everybody to get minutes would be maybe for Elanga and Hoogewerf to move permanently to under-23.

This means they’ll have to develop at a quicker rate, like Greenwood and Rashford.

Hope the dude with 600 goals keeps it up though.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by melodyogonna(m): 11:04am On Sep 12, 2020
eph12:

I believe everyone can do whatever they want with their Twitter account as far as they aren't breaking the rules. That the dude is getting thousands of likes means a lot of people are in support

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by odizeey(m): 11:05am On Sep 12, 2020
Manchester United for life.

I prophesy, we shall smile at the end of the season.

9 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 11:06am On Sep 12, 2020
eph12:

Wait! So you're one of those that truly believe that Bruno was signed because Ed house was attacked?

It is a possibility.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 11:08am On Sep 12, 2020
eph12:

Defeat to what?

A fan is obviously frustrated, and is doing the best he can to make his voice get heard, and you call that trolling?

Maybe we don’t need any more players. Let’s go into the season with handicap.

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 11:10am On Sep 12, 2020
eph12:

It is not a troll.

Fans are frustrated ffs..

It’s this mentality that lets Nigerian leaders get away with their shortcomings. After all, the masses will adapt no matter how bad the situation is.

5 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Panther7(m): 11:11am On Sep 12, 2020
Nezzjnr:

Nahhh, if Mourinho was in charge maybe he can create this "us against them" mentality in Maguire's head but na Ole dey here that one no like fight grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 11:19am On Sep 12, 2020
Solskjær does not feel Diogo Dalot has done enough in games or training to warrant a place in the team. Ole wants his full-backs to be aggressive in the tackle and assertive on the ball, and believes Dalot is cautious both

One source describes Diogo Dalot as failing to respond adequately to directions in training. Another source says he can become "a bit miserable" if not selected in the team. Solskjær likes to see that turn into determination instead of insularity
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 11:21am On Sep 12, 2020
Sergio Reguilón is considering Manchester United’s offer and another loan at Sevilla. A transfer to United would rule out ever returning to Real Madrid which makes the Sevilla option increasingly appealing

Major issue with Spanish babies.. Once any of their three big clubs come for them, they’re as good as gone.

5 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by BikeMan: 11:49am On Sep 12, 2020
Expert17:

Riding bike don drive away your sense grin grin grin grin

Who promote young players to first team reach us
You big fool, how many Youth players at Yoonited do you give quality minutes?

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by PietroRick: 11:51am On Sep 12, 2020
afrodoc2:

very little has been heard of about Mejia since he joined. Injuries?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 11:59am On Sep 12, 2020
PietroRick:
very little has been heard of about Mejia since he joined. Injuries?

Injuries and Covid. He did score 4 goals in one game for the under-16s though.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by TrebleChamp(m): 12:26pm On Sep 12, 2020
GloryIsaac:

A fan is obviously frustrated, and is doing the best he can to make his voice get heard, and you call that trolling?

Maybe we don’t need any more players. Let’s go into the season with handicap.
I tire oo, maybe the dudes that attack Woodward's home are troll too. Fans are not happy everywhere about our lack of transfer business, that we will still have Perriera, Lingard and all the other duds in the team this season already makes me sick. I still blame OGS for not doing enough to identify and insist on the signing of LFB, a good but cheap RW, a good striker and a CB..

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (8440) (8441) (8442) (8443) (8444) (8445) (8446) ... (14145) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: Joseph901 and 11 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.