Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,235 members, 7,846,105 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 10:43 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (8559) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8824823 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8556) (8557) (8558) (8559) (8560) (8561) (8562) ... (14204) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by larride(m): 9:10pm On Sep 21, 2020
Leyqute:

Larride, I don't know you from adam but you fvck up no be small. It's clear that you have an agenda- and even if you do, at least wait until things are factual before showing your true color.

There are a number of differences from Ole's best season at United (and the next season) and Mou's.

During Mou's best season, the play was lethargic and we were always defending. I complained bitterly about that. Many people did. And that was after he's had one season under his belt. He bought Pogba in the first season, and then Lukaku in the next. Throw in Lindelof's acquisition and that's almost 200m pounds. He got eighty-something points. Good.

The next season was when things went downhill for him. And that was mainly because he was not supported by the board- probably because his play was lethargic and slow and the creativity was next to zero the previous season. Plus he was relying on mercenaries. Wanted to buy Willian, Boateng and co. Old cargos.

Last season was Ole's best season. He also bought some players but he had only been at the club for 6 months., and he had to made do with what he had until January. The difference between his targets and Mou's is that they are mainly young talents who will serve the club for the forseeable future.

Now, the main difference between the two is that Ole's team seems to be moving in a positive direction, with some promise. Finished 3rd and got into 3 semi finals. Last season was Martial, Rashford's best seasons at United. Even Mason broke through and was scoring goals. 3rd best defence in the league. It's not as if everything is perfect but things were looking up. Despite Mou hauling more than 80 points, it didn't seem as if things would improve. He was fighting his players and wanted to bring in mercenaries.

The only similarity between those two at the moment, is that the Glazers failed to back them up in the transfer market after their best seasons.

Apart from that sef, it's way too early into the season to start complaining about this current side. Saturday was a terrible game, agreed, but then it's just one game in. If the shit repeats itself for the next 3 games or 4, then I will be the one championing #OLEOUT movement.

Shield your gun, old soja. War no dey for here.

So you mean when we won the Carling cup and Europa league and lost the final of the FA cup to Chelsea we weren’t moving in the right direction? grin

Ole hasn’t done half of what Mou did for us (as a manager), so how is Ole moving in the direction and Mou wasn’t?

In Mou first full season with us, we finished 6th with 69pts and won the Carling cup and the Europa League.

In Ole first full season (apart from the first 6 month on the job) we finish 3rd with 66 points and lost 3 semi final (Carling cup, Europa League and FA cup).

Using point haul, it can be argued logically that Mou first full season in the league where we finished 6th was better than Ole 3rd point wise.

The following season we finished 2nd with 81 points and lost the FA cup final to Chelsea. Pray tell wasn’t that progress and moving in the right direction enough?

My own agenda here is simple, if we blame Mou team for their drab and uninspiring football even with the supposed deadwood he had, there’s nothing that will absolve Ole and blaming the players for Ole incompetence wont be tolerated. tongue

What is good for the goose is good for the gander.

Peace.

10 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 9:17pm On Sep 21, 2020
larride:

So you mean when we won the Carling cup and Europa league and lost the final of the FA cup to Chelsea we weren’t moving in the right direction? grin

Ole hasn’t done half of what Mou did for us (as a manager), so how is Ole moving in the direction and Mou wasn’t?

In Mou first full season with us, we finished 6th with 69pts and won the Carling cup and the Europa League.

In Ole first full season (apart from the first 6 month on the job) we finish 3rd with 66 points and lost 3 semi final (Carling cup, Europa League and FA cup).

Using point haul, it can be argued logically that Mou first full season in the league where we finished 6th was better than Ole 3rd point wise.

The following season we finished 2nd with 81 points and lost the FA cup final to Chelsea. Pray tell wasn’t that progress and moving in the right direction enough?

My own agenda here is simple, if we play Mou team for their drab and uninspiring football even with the supposed deadwood he had, there’s nothing that will absolve Ole and blaming the players for Ole incompetence wont be tolerated. tongue

What is good for the goose is good for the gander.

Peace.

So 6th is better than 3rd? LOOL.

Mourinho didn't win any major trophy. How many people were boasting of those trophies United won under Mourinho? Bros forget that one.

The main reason people were against him was his style of play. It was clear that Man United will not win major trophies with that method.

In the UCL, one manager lost to Sevilla and talked about legacy afterward. The other overcame a 2-0 deficit in Paris playing youth players.

Not saying one is better than the other but there's a sense of direction now than with Mourinho. If we played like we played on Saturday for the next month, then by all means, kick Ole out of the club.

We all want the best for the club. Even if they sack Ole and bring in Pochettino or any other coach, I will still support them.

Peace brother.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by odizeey(m): 9:18pm On Sep 21, 2020
Leyqute:

LooL @staying one place for thunder to strike him.

We've played our best football post-fergie under OGS. We had our second best season during his first full season in charge.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying it's OGS or nothing. But we need to invest in players. Things will collapse after 15 games because we have a starting XI and not a squad. The difference between the starters and the benchers is just too much. By all means, sack OGS and bring in another manager who you think will get the job done, BUT BUY HIM PLAYERS.

Look at Chelsea. Lampard started very brightly but then things became tough towards the end of the season and they started dropping points. How many players has Abramovic bought for him?

Let us sack Ole and bring in another coach. But then we need to support that coach and get him his players. Simple.

There are players on the bench sir.

At least he let some contenders for depth go out. So depth is not his problem.

And saying we played out best football is not true. Which best football is that sir?

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by larride(m): 9:20pm On Sep 21, 2020
Leyqute:

What about Bruno? AWB? Even the Maguire you're thrashing sef is not as worse as Smalling as Jones. We had the 3rd best defence in the league last season. The areas we have problem is with the attack. We need to score more goals.

But continue. Agenda will always agend.

Guess what?

Mou won the Carling cup and Europa league with Smalling, Jones, Bailly as CBs, Valencia and Darmain as RB, Ashley Young and Shaw as LB, Midfield combination of Miki, Fellaini, Pogba, Lingard, Herrera, Mata and Forward of a Martial and Zlatan with rookie Rashford.

Let’s compare and contrast who had the better squad between both of them. grin

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Joezinho: 9:20pm On Sep 21, 2020
odizeey:

Bros. Let's tell ourselves the truth, this man does not look like who will take us anywhere.

There is a pattern with him.

I won't be surprised if next game we start flogging everyone. But watch, after like 10 games, things begin to crash.

This has been the pattern. And this pattern is dangerous because he is not staying one place for thunder to strike him

grin cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by odizeey(m): 9:20pm On Sep 21, 2020
I'm not against buying players but when you sell your players that can at least be dependable and leave the ones that can't, are you not stupid?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Sniper4real(m): 9:24pm On Sep 21, 2020
E get 1 time wey Maguire turned like a trailer for 2nd ½. grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by TrebleChamp(m): 9:25pm On Sep 21, 2020
Expert17:

He relegated Cardiff from EPL to Championship.....

He was about to relegate them from Championship to League 1.

A manager that need a Sancho to beat Crystal Palace. I have since lost interest watching our matches, cos na d same shit footy bro dey serve us every game. I know no him own ( playing the Manutd way), dis rubbish they are playing definitely ain't the Utd way...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by odizeey(m): 9:25pm On Sep 21, 2020
I don't know o. But 2016 or which time did liecster win the league, how was their depth like?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by larride(m): 9:26pm On Sep 21, 2020
Leyqute:

So 6th is better than 3rd? LOOL.

Mourinho didn't win any major trophy. How many people were boasting of those trophies United won under Mourinho? Bros forget that one.

The main reason people were against him was his style of play. It was clear that Man United will not win major trophies with that method.

In the UCL, one manager lost to Sevilla and talked about legacy afterward. The other overcame a 2-0 deficit in Paris playing youth players.

Not saying one is better than the other but there's a sense of direction now than with Mourinho. If we played like we played on Saturday for the next month, then by all means, kick Ole out of the club.

We all want the best for the club. Even if they sack Ole and bring in Pochettino or any other coach, I will still support them.

Peace brother.

Europa league is not a major trophy anymore because Mou won it? cheesy

Someone that finished 6th with 69pts and won the Carling cup and Europa league in the first season and then followed it up with 81 point finishing 2nd in the league and lost the FA cup final the following season was not moving in the right direction. grin

But the one that finished 6th in his first half season with 66pts and finished 3rd with the same 66pts the following season is moving in the right direction.

The direction is so obvious. grin

Let’s keep lowering the standard. We go still Dey here together God willingly.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 9:26pm On Sep 21, 2020
odizeey:

There are players on the bench sir.

At least he let some contenders for depth go out. So depth is not his problem.

And when he used those players on the bench last Saturday you guys were chanting OLEOUT.

And saying we played out best football is not true. Which best football is that sir?

This is the least drab football we've been playing since SAF left.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Sniper4real(m): 9:26pm On Sep 21, 2020
Ole just making me miss Mou plan B.
Put in fellaini, then crosses will be coming both left and right. And it helped us sometimes. Ole no even get plan B.

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 9:27pm On Sep 21, 2020
larride:

Europa league is not a major trophy anymore because Mou won it? cheesy

Someone that finished 6th with 69pts and won the Carling cup and Europa league in the first season and then followed it up with 81 point finishing 2nd in the league and lost the FA cup final the following season was not moving in the right direction. grin

But the one that finished 6th in his first half season with 66pts and finished 3rd with the same 66pts the following in moving direction.

The direction is so obvious. grin

Let’s keep lowering the standard. We go still Dey here together God willingly.

So, you'd prefer that Mourinho remained at United with his drab football and expensive mercenaries?

How is Europa league the level we should attain to? Seems you're the one lowering your standards, chief.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Expert17: 9:28pm On Sep 21, 2020
odizeey:
I don't know o. But 2016 or which time did liecster win the league, how was their depth like?

They have department

grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by odizeey(m): 9:31pm On Sep 21, 2020
Leyqute:

And when he used those players on the bench last Saturday you guys were chanting OLEOUT.

This is the least drab football we've been playing since SAF left.
Football that we don't know the pattern?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 9:32pm On Sep 21, 2020
odizeey:

They didn't need depth. They were only playing in the EPL. No cup competition whatsoever to worry about. The next season when depth was needed we all knew what happened.

You people just drop stuff that pander to your agenda.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 9:32pm On Sep 21, 2020
odizeey:

Football that we don't know the pattern?

Even if they draw the pattern for drawing book for you, you no go see am. grin

No, you don't have to worry about pattern, my Gee.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by larride(m): 9:32pm On Sep 21, 2020
Leyqute:

So, you'd prefer that Mourinho remained at United with his drab football and expensive mercenaries?

How is Europa league the level we should attain to? Seems you're the one lowering your standards, chief.

At the first paragraph, No I agreed with sacking Mou when we did, it was obvious he had lost the dressing room.

Expensive mercenaries? grin I guess the players legend Ole has signed were given to us free and they are not drawing salaries from the club. Oh I forgot, they are playing for us because of the love for the club. grin

How did you even arrive at “Europa League is the standard we should attain to”. You can only win what’s in front of you, Europa league was in front of us last season and we lost to Sevilla.

Lowering standards I meant in my previous post was that if one thing is not acceptable with one manager, it shouldn’t be acceptable with another manager. That’s where the double standards comes from.

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by odizeey(m): 9:33pm On Sep 21, 2020
Expert17:

They have department

grin grin
No. I just thought of it.

I looked at the squad now and the players who made their subs I no even know where them dey now.

Squad depth is just an excuse.

Yes we need players but you don't need squad depth to play good football.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by TrebleChamp(m): 9:35pm On Sep 21, 2020
afrodoc2:

I am not debating the point that Dyche is better. I am just saying since you guys just want anybody better than Ole we should appoint Sean Dyche then.
Sean Dyche has a job, posh doesn't. Posh is tested in the EPL, his spurs team played very good footy and he took spurs to the CL final without signing any player that season. Let's get Posh now that he still available...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by odizeey(m): 9:35pm On Sep 21, 2020
Leyqute:

Even if they draw the pattern for drawing book for you, you no go see am. grin

No, you don't have to worry about pattern, my Gee.
Baba they've been asking you guys since morning to give the pattern a name. But the name no dey come out.

Don't go too deep in this support for Ole. For your health sake.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 9:38pm On Sep 21, 2020
larride:

At the first paragraph, No I agreed with sacking Mou when we did, it was obvious he had lost the dressing room.

Expensive mercenaries? grin I guess the players legend Ole has signed were given to us free and they are not drawing salaries from the club. Oh I forgot, they are playing for us because of the love for the club. grin

One manager was mostly interested in signing expensive ageing players that would take lots of money and start chopping bench. The other wanted young talents. Next

How did you even arrive at “Europa League is the standard we should attain to”. You can only win what’s in front of you, Europa league was in front of us last season and we lost to Sevilla.

You championed Mou winning the EUropa league as if it's what we should be attaining to. Ole did the same last season and people didn't even bother about it.

When it came to the UCL, the trophy that mattered, Mou's taktical masterclass angered many people.

Lowering standards I meant in my previous post was that if one thing is not acceptable with one manager, it shouldn’t be acceptable with another manager. That’s where the double standards comes from.

What was acceptable with Mou that is deemed unacceptable with Ole?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by odizeey(m): 9:38pm On Sep 21, 2020
Leyqute:

They didn't need depth. They were only playing in the EPL. No cup competition whatsoever to worry about. The next season when depth was needed we all knew what happened.

You people just drop stuff that pander to your agenda.
Fa cup?
League cup?

Let ogs drop out of UCL na. Let's win epl. Abi you no like am.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 9:39pm On Sep 21, 2020
odizeey:

Baba they've been asking you guys since morning to give the pattern a name. But the name no dey come out.

Don't go too deep in this support for Ole. For your health sake.

LooL. I support Manchester United. No long this discussion abeg.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 9:40pm On Sep 21, 2020
odizeey:

Fa cup?
League cup?

Let ogs drop out of UCL na. Let's win epl. Abi you no like am.

Make e drop out an win EPL abeg.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by odizeey(m): 9:40pm On Sep 21, 2020
Is it not better we drop out of UCL and Fa cup? Since depth is our problem
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by TrebleChamp(m): 9:44pm On Sep 21, 2020
afrodoc2:

Let us sign the Crystal Palace manager then.
Doc Ole don too fall hand. At this point, i won't mind Juan Mata becoming Player/Manager sef, just want OGS out asap....
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nezzjnr: 9:47pm On Sep 21, 2020
Ole FC vs Woodward FC

I Dey Fence like this dey observe

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by larride(m): 9:47pm On Sep 21, 2020
Leyqute:

One manager was mostly interested in signing expensive ageing players that would take lots of money and start chopping bench. The other wanted young talents. Next

You championed Mou winning the EUropa league as if it's what we should be attaining to. Ole did the same last season and people didn't even bother about it.

When it came to the UCL, the trophy that mattered, Mou's taktical masterclass angered many people.

What was acceptable with Mou that is deemed unacceptable with Ole?

Ole did what last season? Win the Europa league?

Leave story for Mathias, Ole can’t clean Mou boats when it comes to tactics. They are not mates in anything. Shoe get size.

Weren’t you blaming Mou for the lackadaisical football we were playing under him? Why didn’t you point out that the players we were parading are dross and that’s why we are playing the way we are?

So why shouldn’t we blame Ole for the nonsense football we have been playing but instead we should blame the players. Isn’t that double standard?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by codedguy1(m): 9:54pm On Sep 21, 2020
chidexxy007:

E.K Gwuru grin

Meanwhile there has been managerial casualties across Europe nd no time did Poch get a look in. I wonder why.

Dayo is here campaigning for him meanwhile when Bayern needed to replace Kovac, they opted for an unproven Flick instead.

This life, like they say, No balance.

grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by adebayo201: 10:02pm On Sep 21, 2020
odizeey:

Their depth was way too deep, from King's stadium down to Sheol.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 10:03pm On Sep 21, 2020
larride:

Ole did what last season? Win the Europa league?

Leave story for Mathias, Ole can’t clean Mou boats when it comes to tactics. They are not mates in anything. Shoe get size.

Weren’t you blaming Mou for the lackadaisical football we were playing under him? Why didn’t you point out that the players we were parading are dross and that’s why we are playing the way we are?

So why shouldn’t we blame Ole for the nonsense football we have been playing but instead we should blame the players. Isn’t that double standard?

Meant to say Ole didn’t win Europa and nobody bothered about it.

It was clear that many didn’t want Mou’s defensive taktikal masterclass. We were clueless against parkdebus teams. And sometimes sef we are the ones parking the bus vs those small teams.

With OGS, there’s a desire to have the ball and play it out from the back. And now, when teams park the bus, we are beating them.

Doesn’t mean OGS doesn’t make mistakes and play some players he shouldn’t have. I’ve blamed him for that many times here.

How many times have we played as horrible as we did against Crystal palace last Saturday, lacking creativity and all under Olé? And how many times have we parked the bus and played lethargically with Mou at the helm?

Agenda must agendate.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8556) (8557) (8558) (8559) (8560) (8561) (8562) ... (14204) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.