Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,195 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:27 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (8577) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8669080 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8574) (8575) (8576) (8577) (8578) (8579) (8580) ... (14140) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 7:28pm On Sep 24, 2020
codedguy1:

If Ole had a brain IMO, Rashford and Greenwood should be our strikers.

Sancho on the right and martial on the left. They would also need to have quality backup not in the mould of James.

Let VDB, Pogba, Bruno, Also rotate the 2 positions in the CM position and then we address that DM position .

Mctom can be a backup to a more traditional DM. Fred and Matic case is spiritual.

Their best season was last season with Rashford as LWF and Martial as CF. Why do you want it changed?

We have tried Martial on the left and Rashford as a CF before with JM. It does not work long term.

Rashford is worse at finishing than Martial and his linkup play is doubly worse. 2 key qualities for a CF.

Martial on the other hand, maybe because of his mentality (i don't know for sure) can go 3,4,5 games consecutively being isolated and invisible on the left wing. As a CF this does not happen often as he is the focal point of the attack.

Lastly we should stop confusing these boys. Switching their position every season can't be good for their development. Their best season together was last season in which Rashford was LWF and Martial was CF so we should allow them build upon that rather than dismantling it for no reason.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by KingAlabi: 7:44pm On Sep 24, 2020
TheRealProphet:
Lets compare Pogba to Havertz undecided

oouch...Pogba is £100m while Havertz is £72m.

I would have use Bruno, but he might score 15pk wink

Let's compare Bruno to jorginho den

One only scores pk from what I am seeing cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 8:05pm On Sep 24, 2020
KingAlabi:

I will use Mount against Bruno smiley
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 8:15pm On Sep 24, 2020
KingAlabi:

Mason Mount- AM
Goals-7
Assists-5
Penalties-0
Transfer fee-£0.00

Bruno Penaldes-AM
Goals-8
Assists-7
Penalties-4
Transfer fee-£67.6m

11 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by codedguy1(m): 8:32pm On Sep 24, 2020
afrodoc2:

Their best season was last season with Rashford as LWF and Martial as CF. Why do you want it changed?

We have tried Martial on the left and Rashford as a CF before with JM. It does not work long term.

Rashford is worse at finishing than Martial and his linkup play is doubly worse. 2 key qualities for a CF.

Martial on the other hand, maybe because of his mentality (i don't know for sure) can go 3,4,5 games consecutively being isolated and invisible on the left wing. As a CF this does not happen often as he is the focal point of the attack.

Lastly we should stop confusing these boys. Switching their position every season can't be good for their development. Their best season together was last season in which Rashford was LWF and Martial was CF so we should allow them build upon that rather than dismantling it for no reason.

We didn't allow them build when Rashford came into the scene during Lvgs days and switched him to the wings. If he had been left there maybe he would have improved and be better.

Same with Martial switching him from the left to Striker.

Jose Mourinhos tactics didn't help anybody especially the strikers who would go isolated in games because of his defensive masterclass tactiks.

IMO I feel Rashford would be a better striker if allowed to do that job.

Yes they did well last season but I just feel we would have gotten more out of them in reverse positions.

Martial in full flight on the left wing caused quite a lot of problems for opponents.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by olabode89(m): 10:27pm On Sep 24, 2020
We need to learn from City on how to sign players. They were negotiating for Koulibaly, they couldn't get a reasonable price and they sharply abandoned the discussion and moved for Sevilla's Kounde. No time for yeye monitoring or posturing.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by KingAlabi: 1:51am On Sep 25, 2020
TheRealProphet:
I will use Mount against Bruno smiley
Some sense from you cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by KingAlabi: 1:53am On Sep 25, 2020
TheRealProphet:
Mason Mount- AM
Goals-7
Assists-5
Penalties-0
Transfer fee-£0.00

Bruno Penaldes-AM
Goals-8
Assists-7
Penalties-4
Transfer fee-£67.6m

Why now sad

One came January
And yet has more goals and assists cheesy

Why are you doing this to yourself

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by larride(m): 6:08am On Sep 25, 2020
olabode89:
We need to learn from City on how to sign players. They were negotiating for Koulibaly, they couldn't get a reasonable price and they sharply abandoned the discussion and moved for Sevilla's Kounde. No time for yeye monitoring or posturing.

They say it’s Sancho or nothing o.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nezzjnr: 7:30am On Sep 25, 2020
#mufc's stance for Alex Telles is similar to the player. It is understood a valuation of £12m is viewed as more realistic #mulive [guardian]

12m for a quality Left-back??

Woodward has no conscience in him again cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nezzjnr: 7:33am On Sep 25, 2020
An agent has offered a "top class" player to #mufc, who United fans would "probably be very, very happy with". He is baffled that United haven't got back to him #mulive [@AndyMitten]
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 7:53am On Sep 25, 2020
I find it hard to believe some of these news I'm seeing honestly. How can a sane human being be pricing Telles for less than 20m?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Sniper4real(m): 8:02am On Sep 25, 2020
Playing Brighton back to back
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by odizeey(m): 8:19am On Sep 25, 2020
Waywardness runs in this club.

Everybody there is wayward.

Glazer, Ole, Players, Coach, Scout, Cook, Woodward, Ex players, etc.

They should be questioned by FBI.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by timay(m): 8:38am On Sep 25, 2020
Nezzjnr:
#mufc's stance for Alex Telles is similar to the player. It is understood a valuation of £12m is viewed as more realistic #mulive [guardian]

12m for a quality Left-back??

Woodward has no conscience in him again cheesy cheesy cheesy

Well, it seems Woodward is leveraging on two things; Firstly, the guys contract expires in 9 months,of which the guy has refused to renew on numerous occasions. Secondly, the guy is also pushing to leave. So, Porto won't want him to leave for free without getting something from him. Without any unforeseen bidding war from other club, Porto will sell eventually. And if any other club shows interest, Man Utd will eventually pay that 18million.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by TeflonBlixx: 8:42am On Sep 25, 2020
odizeey:
Waywardness runs in this club.
Everybody there is wayward.
Glazer, Ole, Players, Coach, Scout, Cook, Woodward, Ex players, etc.
They should be questioned by FBI.

This level of pain grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by timay(m): 8:42am On Sep 25, 2020
eph12:
I find it hard to believe some of these news I'm seeing honestly. How can a sane human being be pricing Telles for less than 20m?

Bro, he will be a free agent by June next year. Lol

I guess Man utd are trying to reduce every cent they probably can, from the deal. grin Because to be fair, it is Porto that is negotiating from a position of weakness. Things can only change if another club shows serious interest
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by odizeey(m): 8:54am On Sep 25, 2020
TeflonBlixx:

This level of pain grin grin

angry
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elrony(m): 8:59am On Sep 25, 2020
eph12:

No kill me with laff abeg cheesy grin

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by codedguy1(m): 9:14am On Sep 25, 2020
eph12:

Haa Na wa o. Forget the news jare, they must sell paper. When Ed was overpaying for players and giving them humongous salaries we complained.

Now the guy is being shrewd, we wan complain again.

What is wrong in Ed getting that guy for free sef?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by DeadPresidents: 9:18am On Sep 25, 2020
codedguy1:

Haa Na wa o. Forget the news jare, they must sell paper. When Ed was overpaying for players and giving them humongous salaries we complained.

Now the guy is being shrewd, we wan complain again.

What is wrong in Ed getting that guy for free sef?

Because this is Edward Gareth Woodward we are talking about.

His finesse at feckin sh-t up is unrivalled. Before you know it, PSG will be unveiling Alex Telles while we are waiting for a free transfer that will never happen.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Mrviktor(m): 9:30am On Sep 25, 2020
codedguy1:

If Ole had a brain IMO, Rashford and Greenwood should be our strikers.

Sancho on the right and martial on the left. They would also need to have quality backup not in the mould of James.

Let VDB, Pogba, Bruno, Also rotate the 2 positions in the CM position and then we address that DM position .

Mctom can be a backup to a more traditional DM. Fred and Matic case is spiritual.

Lol but Matic is a better DM than both of them.
He just doesn't have pace to run things for 90 minutes.. And isn't the most vocal.

If Pogba decides to play holding midfield with Matic it's going to be amazing. Pogba is very vocal on d pitch..

But u know Pogba na. Like forming chairman on d ball.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by codedguy1(m): 9:43am On Sep 25, 2020
DeadPresidents:

Because this is Edward Gareth Woodward we are talking about.

His finesse at feckin sh-t up is unrivalled. Before you know it, PSG will be unveiling Alex Telles while we are waiting for a free transfer that will never happen.

That's the point I am making.

Why does it always have to be Ed's fault.

If he buys the guy for an outrageous amount peeps here will complain. The guy is supposedly trying to negotiate to get a favourable fee we are now saying he will fvck shit up.

I am not asking he waits for a free transfer, but his do you know that won't happen?

Damn if he does, damn if he doesn't....

You never price market ridiculously before? grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by codedguy1(m): 9:48am On Sep 25, 2020
Mrviktor:

Lol but Matic is a better DM than both of them.
He just doesn't have pace to run things for 90 minutes.. And isn't the most vocal.

If Pogba decides to play holding midfield with Matic it's going to be amazing. Pogba is very vocal on d pitch..

But u know Pogba na. Like forming chairman on d ball.

Footballer that cannot run things or run for 90mins, is that one a footballer?

Footballer that is forming chairman on the pitch, is that one also a footballer?

grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Mrviktor(m): 9:49am On Sep 25, 2020
codedguy1:

Footballer that is forming chairman on the pitch, is that one also a footballer?

grin grin

Matic is old na.

Pogba isn't just match fit
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by codedguy1(m): 9:56am On Sep 25, 2020
Mrviktor:

Matic is old na.

Pogba isn't just match fit

Then you are agreeing with me that we need to address the DM position like I said in my initial post.

Having an old Matic there won't help us. Mc tom and Fred are fair as subs.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 9:57am On Sep 25, 2020
codedguy1:

grin grin

As old as Matic is he is only person that can play solo DM on that team.

McTominay’s passing is too limited and Fred struggles with positioning and physicality.

The long term replacement for Matic is not yet in the team.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Mrviktor(m): 10:09am On Sep 25, 2020
codedguy1:

Then you are agreeing with me that we need to address the DM position like I said in my initial post.

Having an old Matic there won't help us. Mc tom and Fred are fair as subs.

We can't overload that position without selling.
James garner.
Pereira
Lingard
Mactominay
Mata
Fred.
Vdb

Dey fight for midfield slot.

Unless we sell, it's gonna be impossible to convince a top player.. Nd still keep a happy squad
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Borussia1: 10:27am On Sep 25, 2020
Ole is not tactical.

The best we are getting from him is top four.

And that might be hard now too, Mourinho is in his second season at Spurs. The second season spell might come in handy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nani667: 10:27am On Sep 25, 2020
#OleOUT #OleOUT #OleOUT #OleOUT

7 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by notoriousbabe: 10:47am On Sep 25, 2020
larride:

They say it’s Sancho or nothing o.
as if the sancho na football magician. Iranu oshi
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by codedguy1(m): 10:50am On Sep 25, 2020
Mrviktor:

We can't overload that position without selling.
James garner.
Pereira
Lingard
Mactominay
Mata
Fred.
Vdb

Dey fight for midfield slot.

Unless we sell, it's gonna be impossible to convince a top player.. Nd still keep a happy squad

Agreed!

afrodoc2:

As old as Matic is he is only person that can play solo DM on that team.

McTominay’s passing is too limited and Fred struggles with positioning and physicality.

The long term replacement for Matic is not yet in the team.

Yes I agree also. Matic when fresh does his job fairly well.

But when he gets tired or when we are long gone into the season he starts to lose it, except if he has gone for a long injury and comes back fresh again. grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (8574) (8575) (8576) (8577) (8578) (8579) (8580) ... (14140) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.