Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,436 members, 7,850,529 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 12:58 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (8715) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8836591 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8712) (8713) (8714) (8715) (8716) (8717) (8718) ... (14209) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Ibime(m): 7:20pm On Oct 05, 2020
afrodoc2:

It is actually more than just a solid DM. He is buying and using players that do not fit his football philosophy.

He wants to play out from the back he went to buy a RB who has zero footballing ability at 50m.

He wants to press high up the pitch and he bought a last man who is as slow as a turtle for 80m. You as an ex-footballer should know what happens when a team presses high while its CB drops off.

He wants to press high up the pitch and he is playing 2 immobile midfielders in Pogba and Matic.

But the most significant problem is that whatever his football philosophy is he is not able to implement it on the training ground. His tactical incompetence is just the cherry on top.

Indeed he wants to play a certain style but fails to identify the qualities in each position needed to play that style. I don't totally blame him for failing to spot Magwayas lack of pace though. Magwaya at Leicester and Sheffield drifts past players with the ball when driving forward from defence that it will give you the false impression he has some pace. You will not know he drifted past those players due to feints that put them off balance and allowed him to surge past them. It is only when you turn Magwaya toward his own goal that you notice his lack of pace.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MaziAlaye(m): 7:21pm On Oct 05, 2020
I hope those of you who spited Mourinho and asked for Ole now see how deluded you are.

4 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by LostMyZeal(m): 7:23pm On Oct 05, 2020
TrebleChamp:
I suggested this ooh before the
Spurs game sef, one Silvadude called me hienstein of football. I new then that not everyone posting here no much or even anything about football..

Aziin ehh... majority don't even watch our games well

And them no go let people talk...one said I dey prophesy doom that time cheesy

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by LostMyZeal(m): 7:28pm On Oct 05, 2020
Expert17:

Nous ne pouvons pas gagner cuillere avec ce coach bebe...

J' espere qu'il sera limoge avant novembre

grin grin
hahahahahaha ... je voulais en fait qu'il voie la saison ... jusqu'à ce match horrible avec Brighton qui s'est terminé par un match nul ... c'est bien

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by TrebleChamp(m): 7:30pm On Oct 05, 2020
Nezzjnr:

Seen latest news?? cheesy
No! Wetin sup?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Expert17: 7:30pm On Oct 05, 2020
Ibime:

You no know ball. Your DM controls the tempo of your passing as well as protects the defence. You think just having DMs means that role is covered. All your DMs are missing something that makes you vulnerable. Matic is missing speed, Fred is missing touch, passing and ability to receive the ball and turn. McTom is missing what Fred is missing but not to the same extent. DM is the most important position in football after Striker and Goalkeeper. A good DM can cover a lot of sins in a team and settles every other player down to focus on their strengths.

Louder!!!

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by TrebleChamp(m): 7:34pm On Oct 05, 2020
Oasis007:
Ousmane Dembele is more talented than Sancho - that's an unarguable Fact. Can he stay fit for whole Season and beyond?!
Na the fitness be the issue so...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Melvyn11: 7:35pm On Oct 05, 2020
Ibime:

You no know ball. Your DM controls the tempo of your passing as well as protects the defence. You think just having DMs means that role is covered. All your DMs are missing something that makes you vulnerable. Matic is missing speed, Fred is missing touch, passing and ability to receive the ball and turn. McTom is missing what Fred is missing but not to the same extent. DM is the most important position in football after Striker and Goalkeeper. A good DM can cover a lot of sins in a team.
Sorry but this is not accurate one bit. A DM role is set by the coach and the coach alone. Not all DM controls tempo infact most don't. Casemiro/Matic are the same type of Dms. Thier job is to act as destroyers not tempo setters.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 7:37pm On Oct 05, 2020
MRTA7:
I hope the Bruno-Maguire incident is true.

It’s definitely true.

Bruno plays football passionately, so watching his teammates act so nonchalantly in important matches really pisses him off.

The Spurs equalizer was a really stvpid way of conceding a goal. Very very stvpid.

Same way he publicly got mad at Lindelof in the UEL semifinal against Sevilla.

If not for legend respect, I bet Bruno will have had a go at OGS too.

Look at Manchester United’s Captain body language when his own teammate is being shown an unfair red card.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by LostMyZeal(m): 7:37pm On Oct 05, 2020
Joezinho:
Alex Telles for Porto:

- 195 games.
- 26 goals.
- 57 assists.

Luke Shaw for ManUtd:

- 121 games
- 1 goal
- 7 assists

The thing with Shaw its not even about the numbers, he's no threat..He can't even hit the ball hard to cross or shoot..All his crosses are soo predictable, stupid low crosses..

Omo see 7up cheesy
I feel refreshed

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 7:38pm On Oct 05, 2020
MRTA7:
Arsenal are getting Partey. That could be a game changer for Arsenal.
Early days but for the supposed impact he'll have on their play, he just could be the buy of the season...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Joezinho: 7:39pm On Oct 05, 2020
LostMyZeal:

Omo see 7up cheesy
I feel refreshed

cheesy grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 7:39pm On Oct 05, 2020
Good thing Telles and Cavani have arrived. They both possess a mentality similar to Bruno’s own.

Cavani might not have the physical requirements due to age & injury, but that mentality is important for the babies in this squad.

Even OGS needs someone to have a go at him. Can’t be smiling and drowning.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 7:40pm On Oct 05, 2020
Ibime:

Indeed he wants to play a certain style but fails to identify the qualities in each position needed to play that style. I don't totally blame him for failing to spot Magwayas lack of pace though. Magwaya at Leicester and Sheffield drifts past players with the ball when driving forward from defence that it will give you the false impression he has some pace. You will not know he drifted past those players due to feints that put them off balance and allowed him to surge past them. It is only when you turn Magwaya toward his own goal that you notice his lack of pace.

I noticed his lack of pace before we bought him. It was actually obvious to me.

This was my post about him last year June before we bought him.

afrodoc2:

Positives: Maguire is stronger than any of our defenders, as good in the air as the best(Smalling), as good on the ball as the best(Lindelof).

Negatives: He is English. He has a weight problem and is already starting to slow down in his mid 20s. The day he will finish it will be overnight.
And did i mention that he is English?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by pharod(m): 7:41pm On Oct 05, 2020
TrebleChamp:
I suggested this ooh before the
Spurs game sef, one Silvadude called me hienstein of football. I new then that not everyone posting here no much or even anything about football..

Lol... Football Einsteins.. cheesy

I've always said it here, none of us here can affect the decisions made in the club in any way. Both the caller and the callee can suggest formations from now till next year and nothing will happen. The coach will still go ahead and do whatever he likes.

Except you are codedguy1 and the coach is Mourinho cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by TrebleChamp(m): 7:41pm On Oct 05, 2020
elrony:

Una go just open mouth Waaaaaaaaa!!! cheesy

Y'all deserve this shit ass board.
Yes i open mouth waaaaaaaaa yan the truth. Why will the same board spend £30m on an unproven winger, instead of summing up the cash for Sancho? Sebi Rooney sef open mouth waaaaaaaa!!! When he said the same thing about Sancho?

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Panther7(m): 7:42pm On Oct 05, 2020
Ibime:

van dijk doesn't have great pace what makes him stand out is his excellent positioning and reading of the game that's something Maguire lacks. It's okay not to have pace but FFS please have positional awareness.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by CapitalCee(m): 7:46pm On Oct 05, 2020
GloryIsaac:
Good thing Telles and Cavani have arrived. They both possess a mentality similar to Bruno’s own.

Cavani might not have the physical requirements due to age & injury, but that mentality is important for the babies in this squad.

Even OGS needs someone to have a go at him. Can’t be smiling and drowning.

I saw people getting angry at cavani signing. Lol. We have always needed an experienced ( backup) striker. Now that martial have been suspended who would have played in his absence Ighalo? This is the sort of signing fergie do make to good effect. Cavani might have an unbelievable impact who knows. And he is not older than Vardy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Ibime(m): 7:46pm On Oct 05, 2020
Melvyn11:

Sorry but this is not accurate one bit. A DM role is set by the coach and the coach alone. Not all DM controls tempo infact most don't. Casemiro/Matic are the same type of Dms. Thier job is to act as destroyers not tempo setters.

When you check most possession stats, DMs are always forefront in no of touches and no of passes. Madrid play quite a deep midfield with Kroos and Modric helping Casemiro with ball work because Casemiro is not good in that aspect, however most passing stats are dominated by DMs, followed by centrebacks

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 7:47pm On Oct 05, 2020
Dembele Deal is OFF!

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 7:48pm On Oct 05, 2020
Nezzjnr:
He's already loosing the dressing room like this

We go soon get Bruno Faction and Maguire Faction

Loooool

We can never have a Maguire Faction, except a nut is lost upstairs.

Bruno is the kind of player Manchester United needs right now.

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by TrebleChamp(m): 7:49pm On Oct 05, 2020
Ibime:
Ole is always asking for the wrong players and una dey defend am.

His first need in that team is a solid DM. He could have asked for Hojberg and Allan who would cost him a combined £40m and solve half his problems, yet he keeps going for megabucks players.
Partey at £45m would even have made better sense, only God and him fans no the players wey him imaginary list...

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by BlueAngel444: 7:49pm On Oct 05, 2020
Oasis007:
Ousmane Dembele is more talented than Sancho - that's an unarguable Fact. Can he stay fit for whole Season and beyond?!
more talented but less productive. But how u take judge the talent level sef
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by BlueAngel444: 7:52pm On Oct 05, 2020
spillo1:
O my God LMFAO......How the hell is Dembele more talented than Sancho an unarguable facts.
lol why u quote ask the person way post am grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by TrebleChamp(m): 7:53pm On Oct 05, 2020
afrodoc2:

United hierarchy get sense before?
Doc be calming down ooh grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by BlueAngel444: 7:53pm On Oct 05, 2020
spillo1:

So what happened to klopp system that conceded 7 goals against Villa?
it was due to the water Kloop was drinking tongue
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 7:54pm On Oct 05, 2020
CapitalCee:

I saw people getting angry at cavani signing. Lol. We have always needed an experienced ( backup) striker. Now that martial have been suspended who would have played in his absence Ighalo? This is the sort of signing fergie do make to good effect. Cavani might have an unbelievable impact who knows. And he is not older than Vardy

Honestly, I initially didn’t want Cavani at United because of his injury record, and considering how he was signed, it shows panic from the board.

But on the optimistic side, I hope he makes a huge impact.

The mentality is really what I love here. Bruno, Telles and Cavani possess similar mentalities.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by TrebleChamp(m): 7:55pm On Oct 05, 2020
Joezinho:
Alex Telles for Porto:

- 195 games.
- 26 goals.
- 57 assists.

Luke Shaw for ManUtd:

- 121 games
- 1 goal
- 7 assists

The thing with Shaw its not even about the numbers, he's no threat..He can't even hit the ball hard to cross or shoot..All his crosses are soo predictable, stupid low crosses..

grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Panther7(m): 7:55pm On Oct 05, 2020
Oasis007:
Dembele Deal is OFF!
I don't know if I'm happy or sad about that news, mixed feelings right now.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by BlueAngel444: 7:55pm On Oct 05, 2020
elrony:

Bruno for captain!

#MagOleOut
no be just last season una do the recent Captain change cheesy very soon everybody for that team for don wear captain band.

Unstable team

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Melvyn11: 7:55pm On Oct 05, 2020
Ibime:

When you check most possession stats, DMs are always forefront in no of touches and no of passes. Madrid play quite a deep midfield with Kroos and Modric helping Casemiro with ball work because Casemiro is not good in that aspect, however most passing stats are dominated by DMs, followed by centrebacks
Isn't that what spillo is talking about? United have their own Casemiro in Matic and 2 box to box midfielders Mctominay and Fred. The only profile of midfielders they don't have is kroos/Modric. So why go after more box to box midfielders?

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nezzjnr: 7:58pm On Oct 05, 2020
From Romero wife

(1) (2) (3) ... (8712) (8713) (8714) (8715) (8716) (8717) (8718) ... (14209) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: kissoflife and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.