Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,498 members, 7,861,429 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 12:09 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (935) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8865776 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (932) (933) (934) (935) (936) (937) (938) ... (14216) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 12:51am On Aug 27, 2014
26/08/2014 19:05, Report by Communications Dept.

United sign Angel Di Maria for record fee

• Argentina international midfielder joins on five-year contract.

Manchester United is delighted to announce that Angel Di Maria has completed his transfer for a British record fee of £59.7million. Angel joins on a five-year contract.

Di Maria, 26, began his career at one of the most prolific youth academies in Argentinian football, Rosario Central. In 2007, he moved to Europe to play for Portuguese club Benfica, before signing for Real Madrid in 2010. The Argentina international has 52 caps for his national team, scoring 10 goals.

Angel Di Maria said: "I am absolutely delighted to be joining Manchester United. I have thoroughly enjoyed my time in Spain and there were a lot of clubs interested in me, but United is the only club that I would have left Real Madrid for.

"Louis van Gaal is a fantastic coach with a proven track record of success and I am impressed by the vision and determination everyone has to get this club back to the top – where it belongs. I now just cannot wait to get started."

Louis van Gaal said: "Angel is a world-class midfielder but most importantly he is a team player. There is no doubting his immense natural talent.

"He is a tremendously fast and incisive left-footed player who puts fear into the most accomplished defence. His dribbling skills and his ability to take on and beat opponents are a joy to watch. He is an excellent addition to the team."

Source: Mufc

Gaal summed up what I admire in Di Maria's game.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Odunharry(m): 12:53am On Aug 27, 2014
Manchester United manager Louis va Gaal urged fans to "believe in our philosophy" despite the Red Devils'
shock League Cup defeat by MK Dons on Tuesday.

Di Maria will need time to settle at
Manchester United, warns Van Gaal

Van Gaal urges fan patience
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by RuuDie(m): 12:54am On Aug 27, 2014
Shuo. When last did Anderson, Chicharito, Kagawa and Evans get any serious playing time...!? Omo lets cut these guys some slack jor!

For me, when everybody is fit - I'd use Anderson and Herrera as my defence-minded midfielders and also Evans at the back. These guys still have much to offer.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 1:00am On Aug 27, 2014
Louis van Gaal, speaking to Sky Sports:
"It's a matter of making errors at wrong moments. When you see the goals against us, I believe they were big errors that you cannot make. Then it was 0-2 and it was very difficult to come back into the game. In the second half we created a lot of chances and didn't have the luck to score. Then two more errors and it's 0-3 and 0-4."

When asked if he regretted making so many changes van Gaal said:
"No, you have to analyse the problem and I've done that. We have nine injuries and had a very young team. I have seen them trying to do their utmost best so you cannot expect more from players. Fans have to believe in our philosophy, we are building a team which we cannot make in one month or even one year. It's very disappointing but I hope they maintain their confidence in our club."

When asked if the club would be signing any more players:
"No. This is same question your other colleagues have put. We know exactly what we are doing. We have lost in the Capital One Cup, and so tonight has cost us the chance of a trophy, and that is disappointing."

Gaal needs one year or more to build his team?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by aventura: 1:00am On Aug 27, 2014
coogar:

why not?
chelsea with 1 league title in the last 7 seasons still have fans. arsenal without a title in 9 years had fans.

united are the kings in england - we rule, others follow. if we don't win a title for the next 10 seasons, arsenal & chelsea or man city can never catch united's title haul.

the joke is on y'all!

I was, I used to, I had...........man u

I am, I have....................chelsea
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 1:03am On Aug 27, 2014
elampiro:

When has shot on target being of any yardstick in football?

Anderson should be sold to Rivers Angels so that he can learn from Sunday. Chicha to to Rivers Angels to learn from Oshoala.

* Falconets has ball sense more than United that played tonight. Gosh! Donkeys. Oshoala would have applied intelligence to score those chances Chicha missed.

Anderson should retire to ball boy already.

I 4got to add;

Ayagayagayagayo
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 1:07am On Aug 27, 2014
aventura:

what do you have as we speak?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 1:08am On Aug 27, 2014
aventura:

in other words, chelsea is living the dream & man utd are now history? what did chelsea win last season? nothing! united won the community shield with moyes in charge.

this season - only arsenal can boast to have won anything of note so why are you harlemshaking for zero titles? shame nor catch you?

elampiro:
When has shot on target being of any yardstick in football?

if a £300k/week striker can't shoot once on target against sunderland then rooney is a fraud.

Anderson should be sold to Rivers Angels so that he can learn from Sunday. Chicha to to Rivers Angels to learn from Oshoala.

anderson's first game since his return from fiorentina - he needs game time to get over the cobwebs. rooney has played about 6 games since world cup & he's still shyte.

* Falconets has ball sense more than United that played tonight. Gosh! Donkeys. Oshoala would have applied intelligence to score those chances Chicha missed.
Anderson should retire to ball boy already.

and what intelligence has rooney applied in the last 2 games in the league?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 1:09am On Aug 27, 2014
elampiro:
When asked if the club would be signing any more players:
"No. This is same question your other colleagues have put. We know exactly what we are doing. We have lost in the Capital One Cup, and so tonight has cost us the chance of a trophy, and that is disappointing."

what does he mean by "No" about new signings undecided
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 1:32am On Aug 27, 2014
SailorXY:
what does he mean by "No" about new signings undecided

no - as in he's not answering that question from the media/journalists.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 1:35am On Aug 27, 2014
coogar:

why not?
chelsea with 1 league title in the last 7 seasons still have fans. arsenal without a title in 9 years had fans.

united are the kings in england - we rule, others follow. if we don't win a title for the next 10 seasons, arsenal & chelsea or man city can never catch united's title haul.

the joke is on y'all!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Roland17(m): 3:27am On Aug 27, 2014
That look by Giggs says it all, it can be interpreted in so many languages grin

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Spy360(m): 3:53am On Aug 27, 2014
LvG would be sacked by January.
3-5-2 is bullshit!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by capricornian(m): 5:56am On Aug 27, 2014
When you combine average level players whose heart are no longer in the Club or who have been told they are not good enough (Anderson, Chicha, Welbeck, display) with players who are not ready to be promoted into the first team in a very wonderful but strange tactics, You will definitely get Last night's kind of display.

I am not trying to shift the blame from LVG, but I see a set up. Even from his substitution, I THINK he was more interested in giving some of those players some last chances than winning. Yes all Coaches love to win but this is the last week of the transfer market and I can imagine him say this is the best and last chance for these set of players.

I expect certain players not only sold but thrown away or flushed out, this week

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by pickabeau1: 6:48am On Aug 27, 2014
Tval:

Gimme any Ibile... Seriki, olamide or reminisce

You no dey sleep grin grin grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ujchief(m): 6:53am On Aug 27, 2014
Moyes was right afterall. Gaal is just echoing what moyes had been saying all along: we need a total overhaul!
The players signed had been moyes' target, the result are same, if not worse than moyes'. So, why did we sack moyes if Gaal is stil asking of the same time moyes needed?

JUST SAYING
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 7:09am On Aug 27, 2014
ujchief: Moyes was right afterall. Gaal is just echoing what moyes had been saying all along: we need a total overhaul!
The players signed had been moyes' target, the result are same, if not worse than moyes'. So, why did we sack moyes if Gaal is stil asking of the same time moyes needed?

JUST SAYING

Man United can ruin somebody's CV.

We just made Gaal looked like a mediocre. Moyes would have by now steadied the ship. At a higher round we beat Norwich 4-0 last season. Yesterday performance was so lackaidasical that I kept asking if there was a second leg. Gaal underrated our opponents and overrated his boys.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 7:12am On Aug 27, 2014
‘If Sir Alex were here this year it would be difficult for him as well and I’m sure he’d agree.'

‘People are aware there’s a squad that is ageing, so it would have been a tough season for whoever was in charge of United this year. It could have been the case no matter what.’

- Moyes.

In eleven years, Moyes was EPL manager of the season 3 times. Our boys rubbished all that.

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ujchief(m): 7:30am On Aug 27, 2014
elampiro:

Man United can ruin somebody's CV.
theres no ruining of cv here. Its a fact that our team is sh.i.t, and thats exactly what moyes was saying but we all felt he was incompetent and got rid of him. It wil take a miracle to win a plastic cup wit this squard, no coach wil pull it off. If we dont sign quality players to man our back, we'll have wonderful forwards at our opponent's half and stil be porous at our own half.
Moyes should have been giving time to build his team. I'm not saying vaal isnt great, i'm saying that theres nothing vaal can do wit this crop of players.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coded01: 7:50am On Aug 27, 2014
Honestly, there is no point trolling here! tongue

It's time we all acknowledge Man Utd needs "Spiritual help"... grin

Glitest over to you! wink

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 7:51am On Aug 27, 2014
Report: In an interesting development Edwin van der Star has arrived at Carrington. And some reports that an Ajax board member will meet United officials. Daley Blind could be next.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coded01: 7:59am On Aug 27, 2014
I am not trying to bring back old memories but I never supported the sacking of Moyes! embarassed --- All Man Utd players deserves to be flogged... angry grin

Man Utd actually damaged his wonderful & promising career... angry

Imagine "a whole Louis Van Gaal's career" on a downside like he has never coach a League side before... embarassed

Ferguson left at the right time... grin --- Fergie na juu-man... tongue

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Tval(m): 8:52am On Aug 27, 2014
The fasting and prayer have begun, if there is anyone who also believes in my philosophy, which is praying and fasting,let's do this to revive the most successful team In the epl.

God Bless.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 8:56am On Aug 27, 2014
^^^
Is that Tony Valencia?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Tval(m): 8:59am On Aug 27, 2014
chrisley024: ^^^
Is that Tony Valencia?

Valentine.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ElFenomeno1: 9:20am On Aug 27, 2014
Smh.... Worrying and desperate times for everyone concerned with MUFC

A beyond sorry and messy situation.

Arguably worse than Arsenal going trophyless for several years.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by abes(m): 9:33am On Aug 27, 2014

grin grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by BinghiNya(m): 9:35am On Aug 27, 2014
United are now the butt of jokes world wide, we cried for moyes to be given extra time to blend the team some more but they preferred "lose" van gaal. Time will tell
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 9:41am On Aug 27, 2014
what improvement were you observing from Moyes' rule that deserved 'more time'? the man didnt even know(basic) his best team till the day he was sacked.
abeg leave matter
smh for some 'fans' embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ElFenomeno1: 9:47am On Aug 27, 2014
BinghiNya: United are now the butt of jokes world wide, we cried for moyes to be given extra time to blend the team some more but they preferred "lose" van gaal. Time will tell

So you will have Moyes over Van Gaal.... right?!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Tval(m): 9:49am On Aug 27, 2014
Goal.com headlines

1.What we learned from United's latest loss
2.Ajax warn Man Utd: Blind will not be cheap
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by capricornian(m): 9:54am On Aug 27, 2014

I know and understand our fears as fans but let us give LVG a chance to prove himmself. Something tells me he'll come right startinng from our next game.

At least we are buying players under him

(1) (2) (3) ... (932) (933) (934) (935) (936) (937) (938) ... (14216) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.