Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,833 members, 7,862,733 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 03:10 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (9419) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8870618 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9416) (9417) (9418) (9419) (9420) (9421) (9422) ... (14216) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 5:58am On Jan 25, 2021
Machine Greenwood giving all haters Ls.

We chilling and sipping hater's tears.

15 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 5:59am On Jan 25, 2021
obainojazz:
Ole said in his post match interview that the benched players screamed to Rashford to switch and pass to Greenwood. He also said if there were fans in the stadium, Rashford wouldn’t have heard them.
I for say how Rashy get vision like that cheesy

Rashford rarely looks up. He has the ability to make the pass but lacks innate awareness and vision.

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Expert17: 6:09am On Jan 25, 2021
OLE:

Great goal, good free kick,‘Wherever he starts he doesn’t stay out. He's never happy with me when I tell him to go inside after training

But he knew he wasn’t starting so he stayed out practising for 45 minutes yesterday (Saturday) and it worked. I was pretty confident he could score one if he got the chance.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Expert17: 6:18am On Jan 25, 2021
Bruno

'I'm happy cause we win nothing more. Doesn't matter who scores, if I score I'm happy,' Fernandes told BBC after the victory.

'I work a lot on those type of goals, this one was good. Cavani told me to have one on the side of the keeper and it went in well.'

8 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by timay(m): 7:34am On Jan 25, 2021
Expert17:
Bruno

'I'm happy cause we win nothing more. Doesn't matter who scores, if I score I'm happy,' Fernandes told BBC after the victory.

'I work a lot on those type of goals, this one was good. Cavani told me to have one on the side of the keeper and it went in well.'

@Bolded. Cavani is a very intelligent somebody. I swear. He knows that from that range, If you hit the ball hard and fast enough near the goalkeeper, the ball will enter before he even sees it because it's a close range shot. If the freekick was any farther, there is no way it's going to beat the goalkeeper from that side, especially a world class one like Alisson

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 7:35am On Jan 25, 2021
afrodoc2:

runtime lol abi what is that her moniker again
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 7:36am On Jan 25, 2021
Cyberrex:

I was kinda mad with him for not shooting the ball, he should be learning from Bruno, when you get the opportunity shoot the bloody ball, he needs to stop being conservative and evolve, or else he might just not make the cut
True...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 7:44am On Jan 25, 2021
CapitalCee:
Luke Shaw. Jezus Christ the guy just like a new signing. Cant believe he is just 25.
I had to Google to confirm...25yrs and it feels like he has been around forever...For being one of his critic on these board, I have to admit he has shut me up with his performances since we signed Telles...

5 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by hoopLA: 7:46am On Jan 25, 2021
eph12:

runtime lol abi what is that her moniker again
Rundown or runout.

Reporter in chief.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 7:49am On Jan 25, 2021
Mrviktor:
The way teles has improved our future captain luke Shaw ehhhhh..

The guy is all-round now.. He's now crossing unlike before where he runs strictly to the box..
Can't believe this is the person morinho nearly killed publicly and privately for being fat during pre season..

If only wan bissaka has someone like this.. His foward play is so weak...
Robertson had a very good afternoon against him..
. Arnold on the other hand saw shege with Shaw and rash..
It's not about Mourinho, Shaw has a similar body to Rooney and needs to work hard to keep the shape required of a top-level pro...

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by JayromWrites: 8:05am On Jan 25, 2021
mediaresearcher:

Pray tell, what are the disturbing things you've read about him. Share us links to read too if possible.

Also, what are the decisions you took at that age that led to a better life for you than Greenwoods?

You obviously don't get my point

1) During his tough period, there were reports of him being arrested and stuffs like that(I don't know if it's true and like I said, I don't think it is)

2) I never said my life is better... What I meant by that statement was, at 19 I was already taking responsibilities like an adult, I didn't see myself as a kid.. At 19, I legit knew what was good or not.. what to say at certain point or not

19 isn't really a "small boy age"

One should be accountable at that period of his life...

Well this is my opinion and beyond all, I pray Greenwood smashed the ceiling for the betterment of everyone

Good morning

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Mrviktor(m): 8:12am On Jan 25, 2021
patrickmuf:
It's not about Mourinho, Shaw has a similar body to Rooney and needs to work hard to keep the shape required of a top-level pro...

Kdb has d same body type..
Tho shaw is bigger.

He doesn't get as much stick for it..
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by CapitalCee(m): 8:27am On Jan 25, 2021
patrickmuf:
I had to Google to confirm...25yrs and it feels like he has been around forever...For being one of his critic on these board, I have to admit he has shut me up with his performances since we signed Telles...

I was shocked too by his age. Then i realised that he went to 2014 WC as a 19 year old when he was still at Soton. But Blimey!!! Luke Shaw has been one of our best players this season . He is definitely in line with Cancelo as the best full backs in EPL this season. Yes he has outperformed Robertson this season
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by KingAlabi: 8:28am On Jan 25, 2021
Mrviktor:

That guy is good in the air..

It's been long we had anyone with head work like dat...

He hang like Ronaldo

Aswear cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Lh19(m): 8:32am On Jan 25, 2021
JayromWrites:

You obviously don't get my point

1) During his tough period, there were reports of him being arrested and stuffs like that(I don't know if it's true and like I said, I don't think it is)

2) I never said my life is better... What I meant by that statement was, at 19 I was already taking responsibilities like an adult, I didn't see myself as a kid.. At 19, I legit knew what was good or not.. what to say at certain point or not

19 isn't really a "small boy age"

One should be accountable at that period of his life...

Well this is my opinion and beyond all, I pray Greenwood smashed the ceiling for the betterment of everyone

Good morning

Greenwood was never arrested, it was the media trying to scapegoat him after that England incident
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 8:40am On Jan 25, 2021
patrickmuf:
In as much Shaw has his fitness issues, Mourinho's problem with him was more mental than physical.

5 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by KingAlabi: 8:41am On Jan 25, 2021
obainojazz:
Ole said in his post match interview that the benched players screamed to Rashford to switch and pass to Greenwood. He also said if there were fans in the stadium, Rashford wouldn’t have heard them.
I for say how Rashy get vision like that cheesy
Stop it na cheesy

Rashy dey give those long knuckle passes since na, no be today e start.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by CapitalCee(m): 8:42am On Jan 25, 2021
afrodoc2:

Thank you Doc. Fans are are joining pure haters to denigrate our players who they hate. This has been happening over the years to players like Ronaldo, Rooney and RVN. They have started it with Bruno but Bruno na tank him go just settle you with Ls sharp sharp.

Even this season that people are saying he has dropped, i find it very ridiculous, apart from one or two gamez where he is a bit off colour, his touches, ball control and game management has been okish even for a 19 year old. But some people go just join haters de overeact for nothing. I know his behaviour has been suspect recently but i mean he is still a teenager and will misbehave sometimes and make mistakes, Solskjaer is the right person to guide and manage him. I also saw Cavani teaching him some skills ansd techniques on the pitch yesterday, thats a glorious sight to behold, so he is in good hands, there are pure professionals like Bruno, DDG, Cavani, Matic and even Rashford in the dressing room to learn from.

8 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Jodera: 9:11am On Jan 25, 2021
eph12:

Lol sod09 and jodera refused to listen that day. Worse was said about Ronaldo back then. If not for the profligacy of our attackers and bad luck, Bruno should be having at least one assist every big match. He should have had 2 assists yesterday too. They will eat their words
Lol...
If I say let you show me where I've dragged Bruno now, you fit disappear.

I remember when I normally give opinions here about solskjaer, pogba, etc here on a normal football discussion and I remember vividly, you, odizeey afrodoc, christinec and Patrickmuf use to engage me without seeing it as bants...
But now, with Bruno, even a normal question or to clarify something don turn to bants for most of una eyes.

Issorite.... Continue cheesy cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Lana1(m): 9:23am On Jan 25, 2021
KingAlabi:
Lana1 na you been dey argue with me about rashford offside trap beating, did you see how it got us a vital goal today?
I wasn't arguing with you. You were the one who jumped on to my post.
Me I no like unnecessary ejo wewe.

I never denied or argued that he doesn't make runs. Many of his goals come from such runs.
What I said was "Rashford get's caught offside too much", u came in and said "Rashford makes runs off the last defender".

Can't he make runs without getting caught offside 80% of the time? He should learn how to time his runs better like he did yesterday
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by obainojazz(m): 9:37am On Jan 25, 2021
afrodoc2:

Rashford rarely looks up. He has the ability to make the pass but lacks innate awareness and vision.
Dude has the abilities of 12 shepkite legends but just needs to look up. I’ve given up on him having that anyway
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by obainojazz(m): 9:37am On Jan 25, 2021
KingAlabi:

Stop it na cheesy

Rashy dey give those long knuckle passes since na, no be today e start.
He sabi pass am, na make he see that player first
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by KingAlabi: 9:40am On Jan 25, 2021
Lana1:
I wasn't arguing with you. You were the one who jumped on to my post.
Me I no like unnecessary ejo wewe.

I never denied or argued that he doesn't make runs. Many of his goals come from such runs.
What I said was "Rashford get's caught offside too much", u came in and said "Rashford makes runs off the last defender".

Can't he make runs without getting caught offside 80% of the time? He should learn how to time his runs better like he did yesterday

Arguing no be fighting na

No dey look am like bad something

And no be senseless argument we been get

You said he senseless runs cost us more than it benefits and I was saying no it's actually the opposite, you strong hold was on the Liverpool game when he got almost 7+ offsides and I told you it was only that game the number has been that high.

Peace bro.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by KingAlabi: 9:40am On Jan 25, 2021
obainojazz:
He sabi pass am, na make he see that player first
Yeah grin
Why do you thing at a point he was named headless rashford
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by KingAlabi: 9:54am On Jan 25, 2021
Jodera:
Lol...
If I say let you show me where I've dragged Bruno now, you fit disappear.

I remember when I normally give opinions here about solskjaer, pogba, etc here on a normal football discussion and I remember vividly, you, odizeey afrodoc, christinec and Patrickmuf use to engage me without seeing it as bants...
But now, with Bruno, even a normal question or to clarify something don turn to bants for most of una eyes.

Issorite.... Continue cheesy cheesy

Best player shiiit

No take am to mind cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MRTA7: 10:03am On Jan 25, 2021
Good morning to Bruno Fernandes. cool

6 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Trevor012(m): 10:11am On Jan 25, 2021
Cyberrex:

the day he refused to release the ball to a running rashford, was the day I knew be wasn't ready for EPL, he should put himself in position that will ensure he controls the game, not playing safe by passing to the nearest teammate because he wants to complete his passes

Although he's very good, but the kind of man utd tactics now requires him to be always ready to participate in a counter, I believe if it was vdb that had the ball for rashford's assist, he would have probably not attempt that cross field pass
What exactly are you yarning about Vdb? That boy is intelligent and a supreme passer. The boy has hardly played enough minutes untill yesterday so he was definitely going to struggle and he even had an ok game yesterday. When that boy starts getting consistent game time you will realize how talented he is.

4 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Trevor012(m): 10:16am On Jan 25, 2021
Basically ran the entire midfield on his own with Mctominay playing rubbish yesterday. Pogbooom

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Jodera: 10:21am On Jan 25, 2021
KingAlabi:

Best player shiiit

No take am to mind cheesy
Abi oo..

"A case of don't touch my anointed and do not question the gods"

I get cheesy

Nice win btw, even tho I expected you guys to qualify over Liverpool.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 10:27am On Jan 25, 2021
afrodoc2:

5 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 10:29am On Jan 25, 2021
Good Morning Manchester United fans... the dry gin workers can go collect their own from Werne Mighty grin

6 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 10:36am On Jan 25, 2021
eph12:

The whole team will have to do better with ball possession and closing down opponents. Introducing a dm that can do what you're saying won't automatically make us better in possession and more press resistant. We will have to switch away from counter football

Honestly, there’s so much a great DM can bring to this team, we just don’t realize it yet because we’ve become accustomed to McFred.

It’s similar to how we had to deal with Lingard and Periera before Bruno came on board.

(1) (2) (3) ... (9416) (9417) (9418) (9419) (9420) (9421) (9422) ... (14216) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: fox97(m) and 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.