Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,919 members, 7,863,226 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 01:27 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (9721) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8871617 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9718) (9719) (9720) (9721) (9722) (9723) (9724) ... (14217) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 2:28pm On Mar 10, 2021
Nezzjnr:
But no be Woodward go dispense cash finally?? cheesy cheesy

At least we will no longer have the situation whereby Woodward's old college roommate Matt Judge who has a degree in in economics and knows nothing about football in charge of our transfers and reporting to his old college roommate Ed Woodward who is a chartered accountant and also knows nothing about football.

But you could be right as well. Woodward might just have found the right sacrificial lamb to be a target of all the abuse from the fans. Time will tell.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 2:31pm On Mar 10, 2021
SyIvalord:
We need to kill cow oo. Na better thanksgiving we suppose do grin
cheesy cheesy cheesy
As in eh, and it's not like the board don't know the right thing to do all these while but still, better late than never.

We move.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nani667: 2:48pm On Mar 10, 2021
#OleOUT
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 3:32pm On Mar 10, 2021
afrodoc2:

At least we will no longer have the situation whereby Woodward's old college roommate Matt Judge who has a degree in in economics and knows nothing about football in charge of our transfers and reporting to his old college roommate Ed Woodward who is a chartered accountant and also knows nothing about football.

But you could be right as well. Woodward might just have found the right sacrificial lamb to be a target of all the abuse from the fans. Time will tell.
Come summer, we will have a glimpse into the future of our transfer dealings...

I like Bayern's style though, they work hard to agree a deal with their target before the market gets busy...I'll like it if we did same...

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by hoopLA: 3:45pm On Mar 10, 2021
I think this might be a sign that there could be significant transfer activity over the summer.
The question of who is involved is another matter though.

I'm just wondering how Fletcher emerged as football director.

Possibly an overseer of the academy/youth team structure,maybe?.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 3:50pm On Mar 10, 2021
Solskjær: "I know John [Murtough] since I came and it is now more a formal role. He has been working well behind the scenes - he is a cultural fit. Very happy with what we have. Continuity and fresh ideas."
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 3:52pm On Mar 10, 2021
Solskjær on Rashford: "I don't think he'll be available for tomorrow. Didn't train today — normally very optimistic but think he is out of tomorrow night and a doubt for the weekend."
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 3:52pm On Mar 10, 2021
Solskjær: "A few months back when we were making final decisions, there were other things in the pipeline for [Darren] Fletcher — one thing I was sure of was we couldn't lose Darren."
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Illimitable: 3:53pm On Mar 10, 2021
Oasis007:
Solskjær: "I know John [Murtough] since I came and it is now more a formal role. He has been working well behind the scenes - he is a cultural fit. Very happy with what we have. Continuity and fresh ideas."

Murtough & Fletcher have zero credentials.

It simply means Danny Ings instead of Haaland in the summer.

This club is doomed!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 3:55pm On Mar 10, 2021
Solskjær: "He [Fletcher] has got fresh ideas. He has a bright eye for football, a really keen eye — now a little bit less coaching and more influence on the other side. Go speak to players and sell Manchester United as the club he knows."
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 3:57pm On Mar 10, 2021
Solskjær: "I can't comment on what has been said. I can only say that we are very pleased with Edinson [Cavani] when he is here. Day in and day out."
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 3:59pm On Mar 10, 2021
Solskjær: "He [Cavani] is proving his personality, his professionalism. He is really helping the young kids... as we wanted him to — he will make his decision. He knows we are very fond of what he has given to the club even if he has played less than he wanted to."
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Illimitable: 4:03pm On Mar 10, 2021
Man City hired Txiki Berigistain(former football director of Barcelona) that won them a TREBLE in 2009 & another CL title in 2006.

Man Utd’s answer to that is signing an inexperienced yes man - who would do Woodward’s bidding. It’s not likely United will ever get back to their super status.

Every passing day, the standards kept dropping.

What a shit show!

6 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 4:26pm On Mar 10, 2021
hoopLA:
I think this might be a sign that there could be significant transfer activity over the summer.

Fletcher is actually Technical Director, while John is the Director of Football.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MRTA7: 4:33pm On Mar 10, 2021
Illimitable:

This club is doomed!

Let's calm down and see what he does this coming summer.

Hopefully he wasnt involved in that crappy transfer summer we had.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by CapitalCee(m): 4:42pm On Mar 10, 2021
[/color][color=#990000]
Oasis007:
Murtough’s new role will focus on player recruitment and ensuring the first-team has the operational support required.

Manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer will continue to have input into the recruitment process along with United’s worldwide scouting and data analyst network. They will report in to Murtough, who will head up the football operations.

The new roles mean Woodward's involvement in transfers will be reduced.

The recruitment department headed up by Murtough will decide on targets [/color]with Solskjaer having the final say
[color=#990000]

Murtough will now be the first point of contact for clubs who want to buy or sell players with Matt Judge, given a new title as Director of Football Negotiations, continuing to oversee the process of negotiating transfer deals and contract renewals.

Thank God we know who will be approving our recruitments
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by CapitalCee(m): 4:46pm On Mar 10, 2021
Illimitable:

This club is doomed!

That was why i didn't even recognise the recruitment, they are buncg of O yes men even Solskjaer
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Illimitable: 4:51pm On Mar 10, 2021
MRTA7:

Let's calm down and see what he does this coming summer.

Hopefully he wasnt involved in that crappy transfer summer we had.

I already know how it will end.

We will sign Ings instead of Haaland
Tyrone Mings instead of Koulibaly

And when there’s outrage from the fans, Woodward would offer excuses that we should be patient cos Murtough is still learning.

We saw it happen in the Moyes era - when 3 men with suitcases arrived in Spain to sign Herrera. It all ended in tears. We had to go back into signing Fellaini(£28m) who was available for £14m few weeks earlier.

Man Utd’s status is too huge to be handing out such an important role to a rookie. We could have gone all out to sign former DOFs at Bayern, Madrid, Barcelona, Juventus, etc.

This club is doomed, bro.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 4:56pm On Mar 10, 2021
hoopLA:

Nicky Butt is already head of first team development and is job is to pave the way for youth team players to transition into the senior team.

Fletcher's appointment looks superfluous to me. I am not sure where he comes in when Murtough is Football Director and Woodward's old college roommate is still Head of Transfer Negotiations.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 4:56pm On Mar 10, 2021
CapitalCee:

That was why i didn't even recognise the recruitment, they are buncg of O yes men even Solskjaer
Lol.... cheesy Really?
Didn't know the new appointments needed your recognition Sir.

But why can't some of us be positive for once eh? We just complain about everything as if we know better than those actually running the club.

Relax Oga, better days ahead cheesy.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nezzjnr: 5:00pm On Mar 10, 2021
afrodoc2:

Just like you said... Time will tell

Let's wait for the summer transfer window
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Illimitable: 5:11pm On Mar 10, 2021
handelex:
Lol.... cheesy Really?
Didn't know it needed your recognition.

But why can't some of us be positive for once eh? We just complain about everything as if we know better than those actually running the club.

Relax Oga, better days ahead cheesy.

Those running the club are doing it for their stomach.

You really think Woodward doesn’t know who and who to buy to win the Premier League? You think Woodward doesn’t know Lindelof & Maguire are lightweight in comparison to elite defenders in Europe?

Of course, he knows! He just doesn’t care to have them replaced with elite defenders cos the ROI(from a business point of view) makes no economic sense. Only owners who are genuinely interested in football would do the needful and win titles.

Woodward and his bosses are not interested in winning the league, They are contented with a top 4 finish & a domestic cup once in 3 years. The UCL money is their major prize.

Winning the PL is just a bragging right for the fans as far as they are concerned.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 5:37pm On Mar 10, 2021
afrodoc2:

Nicky Butt is already head of first team development and is job is to pave the way for youth team players to transition into the senior team.

Fletcher's appointment looks superfluous to me. I am not sure where he comes in when Murtough is Football Director and Woodward's old college roommate is still Head of Transfer Negotiations.

Fletcher's work is more or less a PRs Job. Selling the Club's cultures and values to potential/target Signings, simply to persuade them joining United.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 5:43pm On Mar 10, 2021
We shouldn't be prophesizing Dooms for the newly appointed DoF and TD. We should rather hope they succeed at the new Assignments.

We all clamored for it, we want Ed to step aside and gladly he has done the needful. They may not have juicy CVs, but let's see what they're capable of.

We are wailing too much these days on this Board. Aint we tired? Win, Draw, Lose...... there must be war. New Development at the Club, yet no Joy on the Thread.

Habaaaaa!

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 6:11pm On Mar 10, 2021
Illimitable:

Those running the club are doing it for their stomach.

You really think Woodward doesn’t know who and who to buy to win the Premier League? You think Woodward doesn’t know Lindelof & Maguire are lightweight in comparison to elite defenders in Europe?

Of course, he knows! He just doesn’t care to have them replaced with elite defenders cos the ROI(from a business point of view) makes no economic sense. Only owners who are genuinely interested in football would do the needful and win titles.

Woodward and his bosses are not interested in winning the league, They are contented with a top 4 finish & a domestic cup once in 3 years. The UCL money is their major prize.

Winning the PL is just a bragging right for the fans as far as they are concerned.
See I don't want to defend Ed but we should cut him some slack.

I don't actually believe the club owners don't want to win the league, else the likes of VanGaal and Mou won't be hired. Also breaking transfer records on the likes of Pogba, Lukaku, Maguire etc won't be happening.

Which club apart from City has outspent us in the last 8yrs and City have a whole nation financing them. We should put all these in perspective.

That those transfers didn't work out doesn't mean they didn't try. Hence they're even trying to put appropriate structures in place to ensure effective and maximum football success and some are complaining and seeing only doom.

Ed had no experience whatsoever ever but that guy has really improved, as we now have a DOF, let's hope we make better decisions now.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Illimitable: 6:15pm On Mar 10, 2021
Oasis007:
We shouldn't be prophesizing Dooms for the newly appointed DoF and TD. We should rather hope they succeed at the new Assignments.

We all clamored for it, we want Ed to step aside and gladly he has done the needful. They may not have juicy CVs, but let's see what they're capable of.

We are wailing too much these days on this Board. Aint we tired? Win, Draw, Lose...... there must be war. New Development at the Club, yet no Joy on the Thread.

Habaaaaa!

People desperate to win big trophies will moan.

We have a City rival with a better structure in place, they have spent more on good players, they have an elite manager - and our response to their dominance is by hiring a rookie DoF?

I don’t have to taste shit before I know it’s excreta.

4 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Illimitable: 6:23pm On Mar 10, 2021
handelex:
See I don't want to defend Ed but we should cut him some slack.

I don't actually believe the club owners don't want to win the league, else the likes of VanGaal and Mou won't be hired. Also breaking transfer records on the likes of Pogba, Lukaku, Maguire etc won't be happening.

Which club apart from City has outspent us in the last 8yrs and City have a whole nation financing them. We should put all these in perspective.

That those transfers didn't work out doesn't mean they didn't try. Hence they're even trying to put appropriate structures in place to ensure effective and maximum football success and some are complaining and seeing only doom.

Ed had no experience whatsoever ever but that guy has really improved, as we now have a DOF, let's hope we make better decisions now.

They don’t want to win the league.

The ROI does not make any economic sense. The difference between 1st and 4th in prize money is only £15m.

Rebuilding United squad with elite players would cost nothing less than £500m. No accountant would spend £500m to chase £15m.

So apart from the bragging rights that we(the fans) want, there’s no financial sense in rebuilding United for the purpose of winning a league title.

Hiring Mourinho cost just £15m a year. That’s like signing Phil Jones. Even little Amad Diallo cost more than twice as much(£37m) as a reserve player. You can’t call that a genuine intention to win the Premier League

What’s the point in hiring Mourinho when the tools he was given in defence consisted Jones + Smalling and 2 ex-wingers on the north side of 30 years of age to compete for the PL title?

5 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 6:48pm On Mar 10, 2021
Illimitable:

People desperate to win big trophies will moan.

We have a City rival with a better structure in place, they have spent more on good players, they have an elite manager - and our response to their dominance is by hiring a rookie DoF?

I don’t have to taste shit before I know it’s excreta.

Maybe Fletcher is a Rookie, but John can't be qualified as a Rookie. He has been in the Game quite long and hopefully gonna be successful in his new/formal Job.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by macjireh: 6:52pm On Mar 10, 2021
Oasis007:

We are wailing too much these days on this Board. Aint we tired? Win, Draw, Lose...... there must be war.
New Development at the Club, yet no Joy on the Thread.

Habaaaaa!
line got me LMAO....joy to d world,,manu now has TD and DOF offices grin grin

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by macjireh: 6:54pm On Mar 10, 2021
Illimitable:

They don’t want to win the league.

The ROI does not make any economic sense. The difference between 1st and 4th in prize money is only £15m.

Rebuilding United squad with elite players would cost nothing less than £500m. No accountant would spend £500m to chase £15m.

So apart from the bragging rights that we(the fans) want, there’s no financial sense in rebuilding United for the purpose of winning a league title.

Hiring Mourinho cost just £15m a year. That’s like signing Phil Jones. Even little Amad Diallo cost more than twice as much(£37m) as a reserve player. You can’t call that a genuine intention to win the Premier League

What’s the point in hiring Mourinho when the tools he was given in defence consisted Jones + Smalling and 2 ex-wingers on the north side of 30 years of age to compete for the PL title?
d only man here dat says d truth with too much sense

6 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 7:01pm On Mar 10, 2021
I'm just laughing at all the takes and interviews since we beat City last weekend. Just watch how the team start very slowly in their next couple of matches. With the moral and noise, one would think the team will be well motivated to run the entire game starting from the first minute, but just watch. We have been here many times in recent years

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Lana1(m): 7:18pm On Mar 10, 2021
handelex:
Lol what a day.... Should we do Thanksgiving or what cheesy
Yes now. We will sacrifice 69 virgin oloshos to Odin and Freya because the mórons running the club finally did what they should have done 7 seasons ago

(1) (2) (3) ... (9718) (9719) (9720) (9721) (9722) (9723) (9724) ... (14217) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: Jokerman(m) and 9 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.