Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,947 members, 7,863,356 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 04:09 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (9720) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8872348 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9717) (9718) (9719) (9720) (9721) (9722) (9723) ... (14217) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by CapitalCee(m): 6:26pm On Mar 09, 2021
afrodoc2:

That is his problem. Inconsistency. The talent is immense but consistency and mentality are lacking.

Martial has always been a dangerous player. The issue with him is if he can put his body on the line and work his socks off. Ole should please let him know that. Yesterday I saw Tuchel yelling at a chelsea that he is too lazy for his liking. Sometimes players are not lose focus on the pitch especially if thats their default setting, the onus lies on the Manager or anybody on the bench to let them know. Fergie does that a lot

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SyIvalord: 9:40pm On Mar 09, 2021
Hahaha. This Dortmund vs Sevilla match is the perfect example of monkey dey work, baboon dey chop. After all Sevilla’s gra gra, it only took one chance for Erling Haaland to bring them down to earth. grin

I will be the happiest United fan if we manage to sign Haaland. cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Trevor012(m): 9:40pm On Mar 09, 2021
This kounde is a trash defender. Committed another mistake again today. People can hype nonsense sha
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Lana1(m): 11:21pm On Mar 09, 2021
Rashford on the left. Haaland through the middle. Sancho on the right. Martial on the bench.

We can only hope.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by olabode89(m): 11:43pm On Mar 09, 2021
Trevor012:
This kounde is a trash defender. Committed another mistake again today. People can hype nonsense sha

The truth is there are very few defenders better than what we have at the moment. If you stick Lindelof in City, Barca, Madrid or Juve you will think he is the incarnate of Cannavaro. Football currently places little emphasis on defending, so we should spend our resources on better midfielders, forwards and fullbacks.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by CapitalCee(m): 12:11am On Mar 10, 2021
I am not even exaggerating, today's performance by Pepe is the best defensive performance i have watched from a Player in my history of watching football. God! He played like a Demon

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Kilishihunter: 12:18am On Mar 10, 2021
CapitalCee:
I am not even exaggerating, today's performance by Pepe is the best defensive performance i have watched from a Player in my history of watching football. God! He played like a Demon
Man gave his all on that pitch I watched his interview on supersport ahead of this second leg and he was saying he and the other defenders would give their all He really stuck by it But juve goofed more though

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 5:25am On Mar 10, 2021
handelex:
So no Chelsea player has more PL goals this season than Jorginho[6] and all his goals are penalties cheesy cheesy

But na Bruno be one certain unfortunate bikeman problem for here. It's definitely a combo of crack plus Ment, nothing else.

Lana1:
E go burst ur dada when you even realise they have spent 213 million pands on attackers alone in the last 2 seasons. Yet their highest goal scorer na DM.

E be tinz

The god of football has a PhD in humor cheesy grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 5:26am On Mar 10, 2021
JayKayMaybachz:

There was a time Martial was so clinical in front of the post amongst the forward in epl..

What happened to that Martial ¿¿

Improved pay = Reduced performance

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by TrebleChamp(m): 7:09am On Mar 10, 2021
GloryIsaac:

Improved pay = Reduced performance
#Fact

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 9:12am On Mar 10, 2021
CapitalCee:

Pepe is old skool. One of the last defenders that made it purely on their ability to stop goals and not about passing ability, skill or technique on the ball.
Pepe had 18 clearances. Mad ting. I don’t blame you for making your statement.

But you need to watch 1994 World Cup Final, or pretty much any knockout game that Baresi played in.

I actually believe that 1994 World Cup Final is the best performance i have seen period (defensive or offensive) from any footballer. Ever.
He was a major reason that it turned out to be the only World Cup final to end goalless.

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by CapitalCee(m): 11:07am On Mar 10, 2021
afrodoc2:

Pepe is old skool. One of the last defenders that made it purely on their ability to stop goals and not about passing ability, skill or technique on the ball.
Pepe had 18 clearances. Mad ting. I don’t blame you for making your statement.

But you need to watch 1994 World Cup Final, or pretty much any knockout game that Baresi played in.

I actually believe that 1994 World Cup Final is the best performance i have seen period (defensive or offensive) from any footballer. Ever.
He was a major reason that it turned out to be the only World Cup final to end goalless.

Yeah Baresi 1994 WC final is unmatched. What surprised me with Pepe is that he is 38 years
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 11:28am On Mar 10, 2021
CapitalCee:

Yeah Baresi 1994 WC final is unmatched. What surprised me with Pepe is that he is 38 years

He truly rolled back the years.

Meanwhile PSG knocks Messi out today to fully and truly close the book on the Messi/Ronaldo diarchy.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by CapitalCee(m): 11:52am On Mar 10, 2021
afrodoc2:

He truly rolled back the years.

Meanwhile PSG knocks Messi out today to fully and truly close the book on the Messi/Ronaldo diarchy.

Lol. That's if PSG will not do their usual bonanza.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 12:32pm On Mar 10, 2021
CapitalCee:

Lol. That's if PSG will not do their usual bonanza.

According to Dayo, Thiago Silva the organizer of defeats has left the building so all should be well. cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by CapitalCee(m): 12:37pm On Mar 10, 2021
afrodoc2:

According to Dayo, Thiago Silva the organizer of defeats has left the building so all should be well. cheesy

Lol. And The defence will no longer be "found wanting" in key games like this.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SyIvalord: 1:08pm On Mar 10, 2021
cheesy cheesy We are becoming legend FC

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 1:18pm On Mar 10, 2021
Manchester United is pleased to announce the promotion of John Murtough to Football Director and Darren Fletcher to Technical Director, two new roles that will further strengthen the club’s football operations.

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 1:20pm On Mar 10, 2021
John will have overall leadership and responsibility for operations and strategy across all football functions, reinforcing the strong foundations already in place. This appointment builds on the work John has already undertaken in recent years, working closely with Ole Gunnar Solskjaer and the rest of the football staff to create the structures, processes and culture to deliver sustained success on the pitch. This has included successful overhauls of the club’s Academy and recruitment department.

Darren will work closely with John to add technical input and direction into all football and performance areas. He will focus on a co-ordinated and long-term approach to player and squad development, helping maintain the integral link between the Academy and the first team, aligned with Manchester United’s values and culture.

As Football Director, John will work day-to-day with Ole to align recruitment and other strategies and to ensure that the first team has the best-in-class operational support it needs to succeed.

Ole will continue his role in the recruitment process, supported by extensive scouting and data analytics functions that will continue to report to John. Matt Judge will also report to John, with a new title of Director of Football Negotiations.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MRTA7: 1:28pm On Mar 10, 2021
Great. Woodward has given us a new scapegoat. Murtough it is.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SyIvalord: 1:31pm On Mar 10, 2021
Oasis007:
Manchester United is pleased to announce the promotion of John Murtough to Football Director and Darren Fletcher to Technical Director, two new roles that will further strengthen the club’s football operations.
I was genuinely surprised but pleased when I saw this news on the United app.

Woodward be like; There! Have your technical director and shut it! grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 1:33pm On Mar 10, 2021
Murtough started his career as a sports scientist at Everton under former Manchester United manager David Moyes. He worked his way up to become their Head of Performance before leaving in 2012 to become Head of Elite Performance at the Premier League.

He has become a close confidant of Ed Woodward having helped put the pathway in place which has produced Scott McTominay, Marcus Rashford, Mason Greenwood and other top talents.

He has overseen the United academy as well as leading an expansion of the scouting department and network.

United have signed several talented youngsters in recent years with Murtough believed to be involved.

For example, it was reported he travelled to Norway with French youth scout Mathieu Seckinger to watch Hannibal Mejbri as a 16-year-old before they splashed the cash to sign him from Monaco.

According to Training Ground Guru, Murtough has also headed up special projects, such as developing a data science strategy similar to the ones use by rivals Liverpool and Manchester City.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 1:34pm On Mar 10, 2021
Woodward na criminal. He has arranged to have one of his stooges be the scapegoat. cheesy

We should give Murtough a chance though. He did a great job with the academy so he just might be able to get things done.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by melodyogonna(m): 1:34pm On Mar 10, 2021
Beautiful Day.

That's some good news ...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by JayKayMaybachz(m): 1:40pm On Mar 10, 2021
At last..

Bayern Munich who has the best recruitment strategy and plans.. Appoints their ex players as their DoF and TD..

Let's pray this brings a huge change and development to our dear club.

GGMU
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nitrogen(m): 1:43pm On Mar 10, 2021
afrodoc2:
Woodward na criminal. He has arranged to have one of his stooges be the scapegoat. cheesy

We should give Murtough a chance though. He did a great job with the academy so he just might be able to get things done.

Finally, you guys will free Woodward and the board. They have given you a football director and a technical director.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 1:44pm On Mar 10, 2021
Murtough’s new role will focus on player recruitment and ensuring the first-team has the operational support required.

Manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer will continue to have input into the recruitment process along with United’s worldwide scouting and data analyst network. They will report in to Murtough, who will head up the football operations.

The new roles mean Woodward's involvement in transfers will be reduced.

The recruitment department headed up by Murtough will decide on targets with Solskjaer having the final say.

Murtough will now be the first point of contact for clubs who want to buy or sell players with Matt Judge, given a new title as Director of Football Negotiations, continuing to oversee the process of negotiating transfer deals and contract renewals.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 1:47pm On Mar 10, 2021
Lol what a day.... Should we do Thanksgiving or what cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 1:51pm On Mar 10, 2021
nitrogen:

Finally, you guys will free Woodward and the board. They have given you a football director and a technical director.

What is your point? Does that absolve them of blame over all those years they amateurishly wrecked our recruitment?

Appointing a competent football director/technical director is the barest minimum expected from them. They get no brownie points for doing the barest minimum of their duty.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SyIvalord: 1:55pm On Mar 10, 2021
handelex:
Lol what a day.... Should we do Thanksgiving or what cheesy
We need to kill cow oo. Na better thanksgiving we suppose do grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by LMDyaya(m): 2:13pm On Mar 10, 2021
Great news.

Woodward can now concentrate on the club's business, marketing and contracts, which he is incredibly good at.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nezzjnr: 2:22pm On Mar 10, 2021
But no be Woodward go dispense cash finally?? cheesy cheesy

(1) (2) (3) ... (9717) (9718) (9719) (9720) (9721) (9722) (9723) ... (14217) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.