Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,589 members, 7,861,807 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 07:54 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (9928) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8866941 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9925) (9926) (9927) (9928) (9929) (9930) (9931) ... (14216) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by KingAlabi: 4:07pm On Apr 17, 2021
raumdeuter:

How to be an underdog is to have 2 previous Balon dor in Kaka and Ronaldo

If you ever see hensben supporting your argument, that is a clue that you have to reevaluate your position

Na wa, give am small breathing space cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SyIvalord: 4:07pm On Apr 17, 2021
Are you guys trying to catch up with the Chelsea thread in three days or what?

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by KingAlabi: 4:07pm On Apr 17, 2021
handelex:
Quick question for Mou fanboys....

1. If you're given an option between Pep and Guardiola to coach your team presently, who will you guys choose?

2. If you're given an option between Mou and Ole to coach your team[United] as of now, who will you guys choose?

angry angry angry

Hint: Mou is currently the best coach in the world.

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Illimitable: 4:07pm On Apr 17, 2021
nitrogen:

Agree! Mou don try, he needs to focus on other things. Meanwhile, there is no sense in mentioning OGS and Mou in the same sentence. (I just did sha, lol). Mou has seen it all, OGS is still a rookie after 12 years of football management.

Also, we should stop saying that Ole's time at Utd is better than Mou's. Na trophy be koko, OGS has not won a spoon at Utd.

Guardiola started his career around the same time OGS did. Why is it okay to compare Pep to Mou but Ole is still a rookie?

This was the same Gary Neville narrative that Lingard is still a youth and Pogba should be guiding him - until he was told Lingard is actually older than Pogba.

Ole and Pep are mates.
Consistent failure is the reason people think Ole is a rookie.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by popizaino(m): 4:12pm On Apr 17, 2021
KingAlabi:

Don't kid yourself, this was Madrid before mou came in, e pays to talk carefully

grin cheesy grin grin

A team that was able to amass 96points just 3points behind the league winner is an underdog or a difficult job.

Wetin Osewa no go read for nairaland.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 4:13pm On Apr 17, 2021
Leyqute:

I wasn’t asking for McTom’s pattern of play. I’m asking about what skills he possesses- basic for a midfielder - that will ensure he turns into a good midfielder.
What skills did Kean and Gattuso possessed? Gattuso no be to jack person leg?

Copampare the style of Gattusso vs Pirlo, you would understand that there is no particular one way to play the DM. Which skill Michael Essien get?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Illimitable: 4:14pm On Apr 17, 2021
raumdeuter:

If you ever see hensben supporting your argument, that is a clue that you have to reevaluate your position

A washed up Kaka & a ballon d’Or winner Ronaldo were knocked out in the round of 16 in 09/10 by almighty Lyon.

I am wondering why Ronaldo’s Ballon d’Or and Kaka’s brilliance couldn’t get their team past Lyon. If that particular tie was a fluke on Lyon’s part, the previous 5 seasons before Ronaldo arrived also had Madrid crashing out in the round of 16.

If they aren’t underdogs, what are they? Champions? grin cheesy

IQ test should be a compulsory test in Nigeria before voters card is issued to anyone. This thread continues to show the far majority of Nigerians are clueless.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by KingAlabi: 4:16pm On Apr 17, 2021
So therefore mancity under pep has been underdogs for more than 3 years now in the champions league.

Sense far from some people, wahali. cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by TrebleChamp(m): 4:16pm On Apr 17, 2021
BARAJ92:
Are you aware that Arsene Wenger was given same award for the best coach in the world for the decade 2000-2010, while Simone was given that of 2011-2020.
From the coach in the list only Mourinho has been active throughout those 20 years.
How does this change the fact that Mourinho is rated the greatest manger? Àbí na me rate Mourinho? Until another manager is rated, Jose is the greatest Manager.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by KingAlabi: 4:18pm On Apr 17, 2021
popizaino:

grin cheesy grin grin

A team that was able to amass 96points just 3points behind the league winner is an underdog or a difficult job.

Chia

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by KingAlabi: 4:19pm On Apr 17, 2021
TrebleChamp:
How does this change the fact that Mourinho is rated the greatest manger? Àbí na me rate Mourinho? Until another manager is rated, Jose is the greatest Manager.

If them drag you now, you go begin shalaye.

How is he "The greatest Manager" ?.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by obonujoker(m): 4:22pm On Apr 17, 2021
raumdeuter:

Mourinho didnt start to coach in 2004

Lol... 2002, just like Pep's 2007?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by KingAlabi: 4:23pm On Apr 17, 2021
obonujoker:

Oga rest, if you can't, at least be 50% correct in your facts.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Jodera: 4:25pm On Apr 17, 2021
airmark:

Help us find Eruditor and Coogar since all of you are in the same whatsapp group.

Jodera also knew Coogar well, with his 2017 account. Dagbo people. grin
grin grin grin.... Boss calm down na

Na guest mode I bin dey since, till I graduate around 2017. That's when I open account
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by popizaino(m): 4:28pm On Apr 17, 2021
Expert17:

They went 3 seasons without winning La liga despite signing World best winners Kaka and CR7.....tell me why?

Loads of galatico signing? why going 3 years without winning the league??

You are looking at Table, that table won't tell you how dominant Barcelona was.

2009- 2014, that's the best Barcelona side in history ( not forgetting Messi) so calm down.

Barcelona were dominant,so were real madrid. There is no were making 96points from possible 38games isn't dominant couple with scoring the highest goal in the league so stop splitting hair abeg.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Jodera: 4:28pm On Apr 17, 2021
raumdeuter:

grin grin cheesy.

This isn't fair na grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by TrebleChamp(m): 4:29pm On Apr 17, 2021
handelex:
Pls name the 3 trophies and which trophy did he win in his 2nd season with us?

I want United to win trophies, are we not on track to win at least one trophy this season?
I can't wait to celebrate Ole's Yoruba Cup win grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by KingAlabi: 4:29pm On Apr 17, 2021
popizaino:

Barcelona were dominant,so were real madrid. There is no were making 96points from possible 38games isn't dominant couple with scoring the highest goal in the league so stop splitting hair abeg.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by popizaino(m): 4:29pm On Apr 17, 2021
Jodera:
You can't have world class players and still be termed "underdogs " Granted, you might not be termed favorite to win the UCL but you're definitely not underdogs.

Even PSG or 3-4 seasons ago aren't underdogs. Even man city of 2012/13 wasn't underdog wen they finished 3rd in the group. Do you know what "underdog" means?

Talk more of a team boasting of two previous world best.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Illimitable: 4:31pm On Apr 17, 2021
TrebleChamp:

Don’t mind that Bara guy.

They somehow thought Mourinho’s lengthier career is why he’s #1 when his 4 IFFHS awards is the key.

Majority of the other managers on the list between 2001-2020 had to outrightly win the CL to be given the award.

Mourinho won the award for winning the PL with Chelsea - a trophy Chelsea hadn’t won for 50 years. IFFHS considered the league title in that circumstance worthier than all the league titles Pep won at Bayern or City

Mourinho also won the award in 2012 after destroying Pep’s Barca in the league. IFFHS considered that feat worthier because Madrid were underdogs nobody gave a chance to win La Liga. Madrid didn’t win CL in 2012 but IFFHS still gave the award to Mourinho.

Another evidence that Mourinho takes difficult jobs while Pep takes jobs where failure is impossible. Pep has never won the award without winning the CL. All his league victories have come easy unlike Mourinho’s 04/05 or 11/12 league victories.

This debate is over.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Jodera: 4:32pm On Apr 17, 2021
handelex:
Quick question for Mou fanboys....

1. If you're given an option between Pep and Guardiola to coach your team presently, who will you guys choose?

2. If you're given an option between Mou and Ole to coach your team[United] as of now, who will you guys choose?

angry angry angry

Hint: Mou is currently the best coach in the world.
Quick Answer
1... Mourinho won the champions league with Porto

2... Mourinho won the champions league with Inter

QED!! grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 4:32pm On Apr 17, 2021
obonujoker:

Wrong again
Mourinho started his career as a coach in 2000 with Benfica

These are simple facts you can verify with wikipedia
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by KingTom(m): 4:35pm On Apr 17, 2021
Oh the debate is far from over grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Jodera: 4:36pm On Apr 17, 2021
popizaino:

Talk more of a team boasting of two previous world best.
it's surprising seeing how the word "underdog" and "difficult job" have new meanings just because Mourinho must be crowned Kings of kings.

Tomorrow if Tottenham is consistently mid table with mourinho at the helm they'll tell you how mourinho is doing a marvellous job cos Tottenham was a relegation team grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 4:36pm On Apr 17, 2021
Illimitable:

A washed up Kaka & a ballon d’Or winner Ronaldo were knocked out in the round of 16 in 09/10 by almighty Lyon.

I am wondering why Ronaldo’s Ballon d’Or and Kaka’s brilliance couldn’t get their team past Lyon. If that particular tie was a fluke on Lyon’s part, the previous 5 seasons before Ronaldo arrived also had Madrid crashing out in the round of 16.

If they aren’t underdogs, what are they? Champions? grin cheesy

IQ test should be a compulsory test in Nigeria before voters card is issued to anyone. This thread continues to show the far majority of Nigerians are clueless.

Kaka won Balon dor in 2007, Ronaldo won in 2008. Mourinho got to Madrid in 2010. That means he had 2 Balon dors who had won within 5yrs in his team
With Ramos Casillas, Pepe
That was an underdog team

We can also say since Man City is crashing out to Lyon, Monaco and Spurs, City is an underdog

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by popizaino(m): 4:37pm On Apr 17, 2021
Expert17:

It will be difficult to win the league against a club that has won

- 2 UCL in 3 seasons

-3 Laliga in 3 seasons

- a club with midfield of Xavi, Busquet and Iniesta

-a club with a player that has won 3 world best in 3 seasons

Expert in saying rubbish.

But it shouldn't be difficult for Ole to win league even though man United hasn't won the league in a long time .

The thing with defending rubbish is that you won't realise when you start shooting yourself.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Jodera: 4:38pm On Apr 17, 2021
popizaino:

imagine a team on 96points is an underdog.
Oluwa oo, my club need such underdog point oo grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Jodera: 4:40pm On Apr 17, 2021
raumdeuter:

Kaka won Balon dor in 2007, Ronaldo won in 2008. Mourinho got to Madrid in 2010. That means he had 2 Balon dors who had won within 5yrs in his team
With Ramos Casillas, Pepe
That was an underdog team

We can also say since Man City is crashing out to Lyon, Monaco and Spurs, City is an underdog
I'm still surprised why people are dodging this.
I no know why grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 4:40pm On Apr 17, 2021
Jodera:
imagine a team on 96points is an underdog.
Oluwa oo, my club need such underdog point oo grin

You know when City finished with 98 points and Liverpool finished with 97

We can say Liverpool were underdogs
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 4:41pm On Apr 17, 2021
Jodera:
I'm still surprised why people are dodging this.
I no know why grin

That will be because hensben has led them into a logical ditch.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 4:41pm On Apr 17, 2021
popizaino:

grin cheesy grin grin

grin grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by popizaino(m): 4:41pm On Apr 17, 2021
hensben:
[s]Why is pep running from a task job. He said chelsea needed 10 players before he can win epl but Conte won it with moses and Alonso. He refused Man U job due to strict policy and limited budget. When will he take a task job like mou and do something special with them. Any coach can win epl witn unlimited budget. Raumdeuter Dey shout 100 points like say same mou nor win with 100 points with Real Madrid. I don’t like mou tactics but in terms of achievement give it to the man, he is above pep hands down. Remove Bayern liga from pep trophy cabinet cos any manager can win that league with Bayern[/s].

Rubbish.

How can a team that boast of the most expensive striker,midfielder and a defender be on limited budget?

(1) (2) (3) ... (9925) (9926) (9927) (9928) (9929) (9930) (9931) ... (14216) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: adebayo201 and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.