Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,824 members, 7,820,901 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:10 AM

Coach Yemi Tella Is Dead!!! - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Coach Yemi Tella Is Dead!!! (7644 Views)

May Late Coach Yemi Tella Soul Rest In Perfect Peace / Keep Yemi Tella With The Under 17 Team / Yemi Tella Is Far Better Than Berti Vogts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Coach Yemi Tella Is Dead!!! by jejelolatu(f): 6:48pm On Oct 20, 2007
in a country where success is almost impossible,
under circumstances were success was unachievable
at a time when it was least expected
coach yemi dared death ,threw caution to the winds ,risked his life and toiled all day in the cold weather of korea, he did what a lot of people considering the NFA factor thot to be impossible.

he gave nigerians not just a world championship trophy but also a reason to rejoice and a hope for a brighter sporting future.

he would always be remembered  has a great coach.
and thats why am saying to all nlanders that:

MY FRIEND COACH TELLA,WAS A GREAT MAN.

HE WAS GOOD TO HIS DREAMS.

rest in peace.adieus!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Coach Yemi Tella Is Dead!!! by 9ja4eva: 6:50pm On Oct 20, 2007
jerrymania:

[size=13pt]I'm sick and tired of This one die- this one die on Nairaland. Sick of all these sad news. Why all these sad news on the frontpage? [/size]

True talk.Abeg all dese sad news don tire me,

May his sould R.I.P
Re: Coach Yemi Tella Is Dead!!! by gwatala(m): 7:01pm On Oct 20, 2007
toshmann:

gwatala
i'm not blaming the yaradua govt. when i say govt ,i mean the poor govts we have had since I960. today it is the coach, 2mrw it will be somebody else, the ibos say that when some other family is carrying the corpse of a loved one, it seems like it is mere firewood , but when your own loved one is about to be buried, u realise that funeral is no entertainment.

with the health system in bad shape, more ominous statistics will continue to emanate, and just a reminder, those figures from our health statistics are actually human beings. when u hear 500,000 women die yearly of maternal mortality, it is actually human beings dying. now if that doesnt pain you, i wonder what will

What I am actually is sad about our condition AS A PEOPLE, and the attitudes, and conditions of our living. Blaming however will not solve anything. It only creates another hazard for people with weak hearts (Ask Sandana, sorry, I forgot that late Rep's name). Lucky Dube would probably have sworn he lived in a better country than Nigeria if he was asked just two days ago!

Many of this upcoming generation of Nigerians will not live to the age of Yemi Tella not just because of our health system but because of our habits, and exposure and a myriad of other factors. Not even if we export them all to live in Europe or America. AIDS is there, so is witchcraft (?), Cancer, gun shots etc. Hope is not in any "government" though I agree the people in charge are often responsible for what we get. If we desire better healthcare for ourselves however, and we insist on it, it will eventually rub off on the so called government. Let's enjoy life wherever we are, Europe or Iceland with the best health practices. It will end someday but we can make it worthwhile.

However AS A PEOPLE, I hope that we will one day finally evolve a better standard of living where citizens would be able to afford very good healthcare - coach or otherwise, so that Cancer and HIV and other disease carriers will live longer. Hopefully one day, diseases would be no more.

Me, I leave (the computer) now. May Tella RIP. He's probably happier now anyway!
Re: Coach Yemi Tella Is Dead!!! by evergie(m): 7:22pm On Oct 20, 2007
That mr. Tella won the cup for us doesn't make him any better than us, Why blame the govt his for informed death.
Im sure he is aware of his death. cancer is a very deadly disease. He was given money by one of the banks around, immediately after the tournament he was given a lot of gifts in cash & material. Usually our govt tried for him.

Sorry, put the blame on Mr. death

[size=8pt]R.I.P TELLA[/size]
Re: Coach Yemi Tella Is Dead!!! by A40(m): 7:37pm On Oct 20, 2007
Oga o! Lucky Dube never die finish when this one happen? Whats going on? Our health system is whack and Mr Tella only got this attention because he won the under-17 title if this happened 5 years on i would bet my right arm that those folks wouldnt have dropped a dime.Its sad jare reminds me of that saying tomorrow isnt promised our healthcare system needs to be revamped but men which other sector doesnt have its issues? I dont envy Yaradua o! that guy has a lot of work to do and those lunatics at the House of Rep aint helping matters
Re: Coach Yemi Tella Is Dead!!! by folahann(m): 8:12pm On Oct 20, 2007
This is really sad, anyway it going to someone else's turn tommorow
Re: Coach Yemi Tella Is Dead!!! by tommyex(m): 9:07pm On Oct 20, 2007
May HIS SOUL REST IN PEACE

I was simply shell-shocked at the news,i was jus hopin it was a mistake somewhere.
may GOD give his family the strenght to hold on
Re: Coach Yemi Tella Is Dead!!! by Mustay(m): 9:15pm On Oct 20, 2007
think of what u ca do 4 ur nation

not what she can do 4 you
toshmann:

gwatala
i'm not blaming the yaradua govt. when i say govt ,i mean the poor govts we have had since I960. today it is the coach, 2mrw it will be somebody else, the ibos say that when some other family is carrying the corpse of a loved one, it seems like it is mere firewood , but when your own loved one is about to be buried, u realise that funeral is no entertainment.

with the health system in bad shape, more ominous statistics will continue to emanate, and just a reminder, those figures from our health statistics are actually human beings. when u hear 500,000 women die yearly of maternal mortality, it is actually human beings dying. now if that doesnt pain you, i wonder what will

How come he spent weeks in Korea treating this sickness and only days in LUTH
Re: Coach Yemi Tella Is Dead!!! by McOmo(m): 9:23pm On Oct 20, 2007
I THOUGHT WE ARE SUPPOSED TO BE MOURNING THIS GREAT MAN . . . . embarassed

BABA TELLA . . . R I P cry

NIGERIANS ARE PROUD OF U EVEN IN DEATH cool

OH DEATH, WHERE IS THY STING ? cry cry cry
Re: Coach Yemi Tella Is Dead!!! by nigeria1: 9:26pm On Oct 20, 2007
debosky, Carry him abroad , would have made a different, he would not have die. People don't just die of cancer abroad. It takes many years before they die. The real truth is, LUTH should be shut down. It does not meet a standard for an hospital. Most doctor at LUTH spend more time on part time job to take care of their family than at LUTH. They should shut down LUTH. I have been to the various ward of LUTH I would rather eat in my toilet than eat inside all the ward at LUTH. It is a dirty place. Go to where they call children ward. They do not have equipment. Lagos has over 17 million people. There are less than 20 working incubators at LUTH. Let them shut down LUTH and we know we have no hospital. Why do you think Nigerian are going to babalawo.

The minister of sport and the LUTH CMD should both be fired. LUTH lack the medical facilities to take care of cancer or any form of sickness. It should be shut down. That LUTH CMD should be fired, that man lack what it take to be CMD. He is even never there.  I just do not want to share my experience over the internet with that LUTH and that so call  CMD.

http://NigeriaONE.com
Re: Coach Yemi Tella Is Dead!!! by oraclefemi(m): 9:27pm On Oct 20, 2007
Its easy to issue 628 million naira contracts than to fly a hero abroad , i think i dont have a government because i govern myself. may his football heroic soul rest in peace
Re: Coach Yemi Tella Is Dead!!! by Mustay(m): 9:32pm On Oct 20, 2007
every thing was just politicized.

Sport minister do that. Health minister do this. . .despite the man's wife begging 4 help sad
Re: Coach Yemi Tella Is Dead!!! by Abium: 9:33pm On Oct 20, 2007
anyways

TELLA

[size=30pt] R.I.P[/size]

I am not saying that the government killed him but what i am trying to say is that the so called government didnt interven in time, we might survive the sicness.
A source told me he died of CANCER, I dont know. i was only told.

May almighty God keep his wife and the children he left behinde
yeh yeh sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad ehhh sad sad sad sad sad sad sad
Re: Coach Yemi Tella Is Dead!!! by Nobody: 9:36pm On Oct 20, 2007
nigeria1:

debosky, Carry him abroad , would have made a different, he would not have die. People don't just die of cancer abroad. It takes many years before they die.

depends on when the diagnosis is made.
Re: Coach Yemi Tella Is Dead!!! by nigeria1: 9:38pm On Oct 20, 2007
The govt of Nigeria and the CMD should be held responsible for the man death. How much would it have cost President Yar Adua to issue order to that.

My friend LUTH can not tell if you have head ache or chikenpot.

Re: Coach Yemi Tella Is Dead!!! by nigeria1: 9:46pm On Oct 20, 2007
Look, in my first years at the university of Ilorin many years ago,  They claim they were building a teaching hospital ,  Look I can't tell you how many years ago. If I want to become a prof. I would have by now.  And the same teaching hospital is not completed yet.

What is wrong with us Nigerian

Re: Coach Yemi Tella Is Dead!!! by Mustay(m): 10:07pm On Oct 20, 2007
i dont know ooooooo sad
Re: Coach Yemi Tella Is Dead!!! by Nobody: 10:08pm On Oct 20, 2007
nigeria1:

What is wrong with us Nigerian

What happened to the "sweet wind of change"?
Re: Coach Yemi Tella Is Dead!!! by folahann(m): 10:15pm On Oct 20, 2007
If it were to be in a more sensible country that could not have happened.
They have sacked the intelligent coach for life.
Re: Coach Yemi Tella Is Dead!!! by Mustay(m): 10:23pm On Oct 20, 2007
cost of replacing his intellect his high
Re: Coach Yemi Tella Is Dead!!! by toluxa1(m): 10:26pm On Oct 20, 2007
honestly this is the saddest news of this month. i had actually ptayed for yemi tella just yesterday. well, it is the will of god. and please let us not blaim the govt. for every thing. if it is the time of a man to die, he will surely die. no man stop that. maybe if they had flown him abroad, he would have died ealier. just day before yesterday, the federal govt. aquired a brand new life support machne for tella. i wish tella had lived to enjoy the friuts of his labour. may his gentle soul rest in perfect peace. just to tell you that i am weeping as i am typing! cry
Re: Coach Yemi Tella Is Dead!!! by amblors(m): 10:33pm On Oct 20, 2007
may his soul rest in perfect peace!
Re: Coach Yemi Tella Is Dead!!! by Mustay(m): 10:50pm On Oct 20, 2007
amen
Re: Coach Yemi Tella Is Dead!!! by Halliru: 10:57pm On Oct 20, 2007
embarassed :-x ;d undecided cool
Re: Coach Yemi Tella Is Dead!!! by Pip(m): 11:26pm On Oct 20, 2007
He should have remained abroad. They ignored him. If he didn't lead the team they wouldn't have won. yet they abandoned him and are fighting with Mrs Etteh
Re: Coach Yemi Tella Is Dead!!! by folahann(m): 11:28pm On Oct 20, 2007
Let's hope God brings somebody greater than him to help
Re: Coach Yemi Tella Is Dead!!! by IYaeto(f): 12:47am On Oct 21, 2007
NFA and co must have been told @ LUTH that the guy has X amount of days or weeks left that was why they didn't bother to fly him abroad for treatment. If it's really true that he had cancer and that he's not going to survive, then
all the LUTH doctors and nurses have to do is to make him comfortable. If he were abroad, they probably would have transferred him to an hospice. 'Cos an NFA official said on the NTA news a few days ago that he cannot be flown abroad because he is being stabilised.. They were probably looking at the cost of bringing his body back home if he passes away abroad. (No be small money o). Anyway,May his soul rest in peace!
cry
Re: Coach Yemi Tella Is Dead!!! by Mustay(m): 12:49am On Oct 21, 2007
sad

true.Itz in their zter
Re: Coach Yemi Tella Is Dead!!! by scorpio1(m): 1:23am On Oct 21, 2007
R.I.P Coach!!!

You truly made us proud, your imprints will not be forgotten easily.
Re: Coach Yemi Tella Is Dead!!! by DisGuy: 1:47am On Oct 21, 2007
R.I.P Coach Tella

go for regular check-up, don't wait till it's too late
Re: Coach Yemi Tella Is Dead!!! by Nobody: 2:00am On Oct 21, 2007
Dis Guy:

go for regular check-up, don't wait till it's too late

Excellent! That was what killed Tella and not the government. When cancer has metastasized there is nothing any doctor, LUTH or in Germany, can do.
Re: Coach Yemi Tella Is Dead!!! by sley4life(m): 3:42am On Oct 21, 2007
The families of Yemi Tella should take heart and bear the loss, Yemi will always be remembered

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Kanu Bags Honorary Masters From University Of Jos / NPFL Goes Back To 38-match Format As New Season Begin September 20 / Wasere.com The New Betting...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.