Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,768 members, 7,820,685 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:31 PM

Coach Yemi Tella Is Dead!!! - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Coach Yemi Tella Is Dead!!! (7642 Views)

May Late Coach Yemi Tella Soul Rest In Perfect Peace / Keep Yemi Tella With The Under 17 Team / Yemi Tella Is Far Better Than Berti Vogts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Coach Yemi Tella Is Dead!!! by sley4life(m): 3:47am On Oct 21, 2007
God bless Yemi Tella, He has made us proud. May we take heart. He will be in the blossom of the Lord
Re: Coach Yemi Tella Is Dead!!! by sley4life(m): 3:48am On Oct 21, 2007
May his gentle soul rest in peace. Wat I want to say is that our health facilities in this country is detoriating, The governement arent trying. If a minister or a governor or any body in d government have cough or fever they will fly abroad for medical check up. But for Yemi tella the case was different. They would have flown him abroad right from the first day and not LUTH. Wat facilities those LUTH have. I pray that such an ill treatment does not happen again.  cry cry
Re: Coach Yemi Tella Is Dead!!! by sley4life(m): 3:50am On Oct 21, 2007
Yemi Tella should be giving a befitting burial that befits his status else, the Rock will fall
Re: Coach Yemi Tella Is Dead!!! by ritchboy(m): 6:26am On Oct 21, 2007
"coach yemi tella is dead!!!"
the 3 exclamation marks suggest his death is good news.
Re: Coach Yemi Tella Is Dead!!! by savesoul(m): 6:38am On Oct 21, 2007
I don cry tire, my eyes don swell up.
Please Seun can u stop putting Badnews on the frontpage?, dont u know that is the first thing people will see when they wake up, that would proabably spoil thier day. because God knows aw my day will be, am sab and remorse
R.I.P Yemi tella
Re: Coach Yemi Tella Is Dead!!! by Mustay(m): 10:04am On Oct 21, 2007
davidylan:

Excellent! That was what killed Tella and not the government. When cancer has metastasized there is nothing any doctor, LUTH or in Germany, can do.

hmmm. , .so the guy go slap the doctors make them treat am without money abi?
Re: Coach Yemi Tella Is Dead!!! by Nobody: 10:09am On Oct 21, 2007
Mustay, even if you had $1bn there is nothing a doctor can do when the cancer has eaten your lungs and has obviously metastasized.
Re: Coach Yemi Tella Is Dead!!! by itosco2003(f): 11:03am On Oct 21, 2007
See anyone that says the government is not to be blames is not in his/her right sense. See his cancer hasnt reached the point of no return. The nurses in LUTH for example doesnt know how to fix drip. They dont know how to use the syringe for injection. Instead they will tear your buttocks if they are to give u injection. Most doctors in LUTH are student doctors doing their Industrial attachment(IT). How many doctors in LUTH has a doctorate degree? Most of them only have BSc. The nurse there in LUTh are very dirty that they dont keep the hospital clean. They would have even flown Tella to Benin republic or Ghana for medical treatment than LUTH. Have the legislators gone to LUTH for medical treatment? If Etteh has headache she will run out of the country or the Councillor in a ward, This sheet must end else we shall burn down LUTH and go for massive rally for the ill treatment done to our HERO (Tella). The Minister of sport should be fired and the LUTH cmd who lied to us that Tella is responding to treatment when he wasnt.
Re: Coach Yemi Tella Is Dead!!! by Nobody: 11:11am On Oct 21, 2007
itosco2003:

See his cancer hasnt reached the point of no return.

No, his cancer had already reached a terminal stage that was why the Korean doctors in the hospital he was initially being treated in had to send him home.

itosco2003:

Most doctors in LUTH are student doctors doing their Industrial attachment(IT).

When did doctors start doing IT? Is a hospital now an industry? shocked

itosco2003:

How many doctors in LUTH has a doctorate degree? Most of them only have BSc.

You dont need a doctorate degree to be a medical doctor. Medical docs in Nigeria obtain an MBBS and not a BSc degree.

This itosco guy sef na wa. grin Tella na ur uncle?
Re: Coach Yemi Tella Is Dead!!! by rachiwise(f): 1:08pm On Oct 21, 2007
HE WAS THE BEST NIGERIAN COACH EVER!!! cry cry cry

HE MADE US PROUD.

NIGERIA WILL MISS HIM GREATLY!!! cry cry
Re: Coach Yemi Tella Is Dead!!! by itosco2003(f): 1:09pm On Oct 21, 2007
No, his cancer had already reached a terminal stage that was why the Korean doctors in the hospital he was initially being treated in had to send him home[quote][/quote]

davidylan  his health didnt reach a point of no return. pls confirm properly,

LUTH is full of in experienced doctors, there are lots of student doctors in LUTH, They  use our body to experiment in LUTH to attain qualificiations
Re: Coach Yemi Tella Is Dead!!! by Sijien(m): 2:32pm On Oct 21, 2007
may he rest in peace sad
Re: Coach Yemi Tella Is Dead!!! by lordmassac(m): 5:35pm On Oct 21, 2007
na wa for you oooooooo!
Re: Coach Yemi Tella Is Dead!!! by folahann(m): 6:18pm On Oct 21, 2007
You people no see nothing yet
Re: Coach Yemi Tella Is Dead!!! by dayonuel(m): 6:43pm On Oct 21, 2007
crazyt, i feel u.
probably it was just his time.
the gud thing is that he came, he saw and he conquered. he will forever be in nigeria's history.
MAY HIS GENTLE SOUL REST IN PEACE; AMEN
Re: Coach Yemi Tella Is Dead!!! by surugede(m): 7:30pm On Oct 21, 2007
Korean doctor foretold his death

The news of the sudden death of the chief coach of the Golden Eaglets, Yemi Tella may not have come as a surprise to Nigeria Football Association (NFA) as they had been warned ahead of time by the South Korea doctor, Kim Joo Hee who treated him while in Korea that he was not going to last beyond two months from then.

NationSport gathered that the Korean doctor wrote to the NFA telling them of the development, that the health situation of Tella was very delicate and recommended that he be placed on certain medication just for the purpose of alleviating the pain.

Kim Joo Hee who took charge of Tella in the South Korea hospital, Asan Medical center when he took ill after their invitational tournament in Korea said that the Football House can only help him by ensuring he takes his drugs regularly to see if there will be any chance of him living beyond the two months.

Little wonder that the NFA was not so moved to encourage that the Golden Eaglets coach be taken abroad for further treatment as they saw it as an effort in futility.

It was also gathered that the Glass House would have made whatever effort necessary to give him the best of treatment without minding the cost if they had a slightest believe that he will make it.
Re: Coach Yemi Tella Is Dead!!! by Mustay(m): 10:21pm On Oct 21, 2007
itosco2003:

No, his cancer had already reached a terminal stage that was why the Korean doctors in the hospital he was initially being treated in had to send him home

davidylan his health didnt reach a point of no return. please confirm properly,

LUTH is full of in experienced doctors, there are lots of student doctors in LUTH, They use our body to experiment in LUTH to attain qualificiations

haba!

so if the student doctors don't operate, how do they defend their certs?

there are certain situations where student doctors only VIEW D EXPERIENCE.

Wil the Health Minister be so asinine to allow a atudnt treat this case
please, stop feeding us with wrong info
Re: Coach Yemi Tella Is Dead!!! by Mustay(m): 1:15am On Oct 22, 2007
T HE Chief Medical Director of LUTH, Prof. Akin Osinbogun, on Saturday recounted the last moments of the coach of the Golden Eaglets, Yemi Tella.
Osinbogun exclusively told Sunday Punch that Tella, 56, from Ilora, Oyo State, died at 9am on Saturday after he had been on life support for three days.

The CMD said the experts devoted necessary attention in the frantic battle to save life of the coach. He had led the Eaglets to victory on September 9 at the FIFA Under-17 World Cup held in South Korea.

Osibogun said, “I can only say that he was in a critical condition; as you know of course, that he was in the intensive care unit.

Everybody that should pay attention paid attention.” According to the CMD, the deceased's wife, Dupe, was at the bedside of the coach earlier in the day.

He disclosed that President Umaru Yar’Adua made a call to Tella on his sick bed but he could not muster enough strength to answer it.

He said, “It is to let you know that even Mr. President was interested in what could be done to assist him.” Osibogun said the coach could not be flown abroad for medical attention because he was in a critical condition.

“He was not in a stable condition and for that reason, he could not be flown abroad,” the CMD said.

Part of the interview reads:

What time did he die?  sad

About 9am Was his wife with him then?

His wife saw him before then. But of course, you know that she's been aware that he has been ill. His situation had been critical and we did everything that was medically necessary and possible. We could only try; it is only God that can determine everything.

How will you recount his last moment?

The Minister of Sport, Abdulraham Gimba, came personally, to see him and to find out if there was anything that could still be done. The Minister of Health, Prof Adenike Grange, herself came.

Both of them came with the authority of Mr.

President.

Mr. President wanted to talk with the coach, but unfortunately the coach was not in the position to talk with Mr. president. I think that was two days ago. That is what I can tell you with regard to the last three days.

Did the President personally come to see him while on the hospital bed?

No, the President When?

That was the day he called from Abuja. The minister came. While the minister was on the phone, then the president’s call came. Despite the fact that he was traveling, he tried to see if he could talk with the coach before he travelled. But as I said, the coach was not in the position to talk to the president. It is to let you know that even Mr.

president was interested on what could be done to assist him.

Why was his case so critical?

The fact any part of the body can mal function at any time. we can only tell you from the diagnosis, but we must still respect the code of privacy and confidentiality. It is only the patient or the family that can tell you the details. The only thing that I can tell you is that the coach was a public figure and we must respect his right to privacy.  sad

Why wasn't he flown abroad?  angry

I am a trained physician; we must come to a professional judgment on the need for that. So, [size=13pt]he had the attention of top-level consultants at the Lagos university teaching hospital[/size].
These consultants made decisions that are professionally defensible.
[i]
They made decision that was in line with professional ethics anywhere in the world.[/i]T HE Chief Medical Director of LUTH, Prof. Akin Osinbogun, on Saturday recounted the last moments of the coach of the Golden Eaglets, Yemi Tella. Osinbogun exclusively told Sunday Punch that Tella, 56, from Ilora, Oyo State, died at 9am on Saturday after he had been on life support for three days. The CMD said the experts devoted necessary attention in the frantic battle to save life of the coach. He had led the Eaglets to victory on September 9 at the FIFA Under-17 World Cup held in South Korea. Osibogun said, “I can only say that he was in a critical condition; as you know of course, that he was in the intensive care unit. Everybody that should pay attention paid attention.” According to the CMD, the deceased's wife, Dupe, was at the bedside of the coach earlier in the day. He disclosed that President Umaru Yar’Adua made a call to Tella on his sick bed but he could not muster enough strength to answer it. He said, “It is to let you know that even Mr. President was interested in what could be done to assist him.” Osibogun said the coach could not be flown abroad for medical attention because he was in a critical condition. “He was not in a stable condition and for that reason, he could not be flown abroad,” the CMD said. Part of the interview reads: What time did he die? About 9am Was his wife with him then? His wife saw him before then. But of course, you know that she's been aware that he has been ill. His situation had been critical and we did everything that was medically necessary and possible. We could only try; it is only God that can determine everything. How will you recount his last moment? The Minister of Sport, Abdulraham Gimba, came personally, to see him and to find out if there was anything that could still be done. The Minister of Health, Prof Adenike Grange, herself came. Both of them came with the authority of Mr. President. Mr. President wanted to talk with the coach, but unfortunately the coach was not in the position to talk with mr. president. i think that was two days ago. that is what i can tell you with regard to the last three days. did the president personally come to see him while on the hospital bed? no, the president when? that was the day he called from abuja. the minister came. while the minister was on the phone, then the president’s call came. despite the fact that he was traveling, he tried to see if he could talk with the coach before he travelled. but as i said, the coach was not in the position to talk to the president. it is to let you know that even mr. president was interested on what could be done to assist him. why was his case so critical? the fact any part of the body can mal function at any time. we can only tell you from the diagnosis, but we must still respect the code of privacy and confidentiality. it is only the patient or the family that can tell you the details. the only thing that i can tell you is that the coach was a public figure and we must respect his right to privacy. why wasn't he flown abroad? i am a trained physician; we must come to a professional judgment on the need for that. so, he had the attention of top-level consultants at the lagos university teaching hospital. these consultants made decisions that are professionally defensible. they made decision that was in line with professional ethics anywhere in the world.
Re: Coach Yemi Tella Is Dead!!! by Ifeniyi22(m): 7:12am On Oct 22, 2007
@ Mustay.
Thanks for ending the blaming game.
Lets just remember the man for what he did for Nigerian football.may God be with family and provide solace for them.REST IN PEACE YEMI TELLA.
Re: Coach Yemi Tella Is Dead!!! by tkb417(m): 7:30am On Oct 22, 2007
the 3 exclamation marks suggest his death is good news.
na wa o
@Itosco
what exactly were you talking about. Doctors at LUTH dont have Bsc is it Bsc doctors bag after school or MBBS?
No IT in Hospital? You are just a bloody illiterate.

@issue
Coach yemi tella was a brave man, very good at what he did and will be missed by all. May his Soul rest in peace.
What is all these buck passing all about?
he died 'cos of terminal ailment not cos of anybody's ineptitude.
Re: Coach Yemi Tella Is Dead!!! by topeorekoy(m): 7:53am On Oct 22, 2007
it was a sad tale to hear. R.I.P my brother. he did an excellent job in the u-17 and i was really looking foward for him to move up like FANNY AMUN and rise so well in the F.A but he didnt. he didnt just wait to eat the rewards of his labour.

i hope say no be bad belle do this thing? i hope no be say some people actually jazz him oh?

no be me talk so. na joke i dey joke oh
Re: Coach Yemi Tella Is Dead!!! by tng(f): 8:34am On Oct 22, 2007
LUTH is full of in experienced doctors

First time am hearing that. When would we stop blaming govt for everything? The man had cancer for pete sake ! what could they have done? He has made his mark in the world and that is what matters. R.I.P Tella
Re: Coach Yemi Tella Is Dead!!! by tellie(m): 8:46am On Oct 22, 2007
Though he is more important to us than David Mark and the likes of Etteh. But government should not be blame for his death.Remember we have a lot of Nigerians with the same or similar ailment , do we blame government if they die? the fact that he  won the WORLD CUP doesn't say govt should take charge of his responsibity. even then the govt did
offered flying him abroad but the Medical experts said his condition was 2 critical 2b flown abroad.
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                     ADIEU !!!!!   COACH TELLA
Re: Coach Yemi Tella Is Dead!!! by onyekang1(f): 9:00am On Oct 22, 2007
He was indeed a HERO really sad cry cry cry cry cryREST IN PEACE
Re: Coach Yemi Tella Is Dead!!! by tellie(m): 9:11am On Oct 22, 2007
Re Luth Doctors are INEXPERIENCE what a Callous remark.
im not into medical profession but i know Nigeria parades world best medical practitionals.

Re: Coach Yemi Tella Is Dead!!! by awa(m): 9:12am On Oct 22, 2007
May he soul rest in peace!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Coach Yemi Tella Is Dead!!! by jorem(m): 9:29am On Oct 22, 2007
Hi friends, as far as i'm concern this is not the right time to pass unhealthy blame on either the government or any other concerned parties, but should rather give thanks to God that coach Tella lived a fulfilled life. May his gentle soul rest in :Perfect Peace and may God give his family the fortitude to bear the irreparable loss of their loved one. sad
Re: Coach Yemi Tella Is Dead!!! by Bblak(f): 10:07am On Oct 22, 2007
Too bad the lung cancer eventually took his life. sad sad.

R.I.P COACH TELLA.[size=10pt][/size]

May God give the family the fortitude to bear the irreparable loss cry.
Re: Coach Yemi Tella Is Dead!!! by felygirl(f): 10:53am On Oct 22, 2007
REST IN THE PERFECT BOSOM OF OUR LORD JESUS CHRIST COACH YEMI TELLA, WE LOVE YOU BUT GOD LOVES YOU MORE THAN WE DO, HE GIVES AND TAKES HIM BACK AT HIS OWN APPOINTED TIME GLORY BE UNTO HIS NAME.
MAY THE LORD GOD IN IS INFINITE MERCY CONSOLE THE FAMILIES OF THE LATE COACH AND GIVE THEM THE STRENGTH TO PASS THROUGH THIS HARD TIME, MAY HE BE THE HUSBAND TO THE WIFE AND FATHER TO THE CHILDREN.(AMEN)
COACH YEMI TELLA REST IN THE BOSOM OF OUR LORD JESUS CHRIST TILL WE MEET TO PART NO MORE.
ADIEU COACH.
Re: Coach Yemi Tella Is Dead!!! by dumeeked(f): 11:16am On Oct 22, 2007
May His Soul Rest In Peace
Re: Coach Yemi Tella Is Dead!!! by DoubleN(m): 11:19am On Oct 22, 2007
May his soul rest in peace!
Re: Coach Yemi Tella Is Dead!!! by mekoyo(m): 1:12pm On Oct 22, 2007
We are not to pass comments on the government or anyone. The coach had lung cancer which we all know is a very tragic disease which has little or no chance of cure.

Tella quitted when the ovation was loudest. He died a hero and he will forever remain our minds and hearts as the coach who brought glory and redeemed the image of Nigeria in the world of sports.

May his soul rest in perfect peace.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Fantasy Football League Chat Room / Kanu Bags Honorary Masters From University Of Jos / NPFL Goes Back To 38-match Format As New Season Begin September 20

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.