Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,282 members, 7,818,958 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:54 AM

Nigerian Billionaire Battles British Wife Over $21million Divorce Payout - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Nigerian Billionaire Battles British Wife Over $21million Divorce Payout (43799 Views)

Man Batters Wife Over Sex For More Children / Jobless Husband Beats Pregnant Wife Over Failure To Remit Monthly Salary / Lagos Traditional Ruler Assaults Wife Over Phone Call (Battered Wife Pictured) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Billionaire Battles British Wife Over $21million Divorce Payout by vivalavida(m): 5:58pm On Feb 25, 2012
@ sagamite I hope she got a good lawyer oooo one that can dig
up soo many things aka "assets" hope the lawyer can
demonstrate to the court his full value so she can get more than
what she asking for. lol She is entitled to half his worth in civilized
countries. Ohh I am wishing her the best, as she takes him to the
cleaners. rotflol

Girls are all the same.#GoldDiggers
Re: Nigerian Billionaire Battles British Wife Over $21million Divorce Payout by Nobody: 6:02pm On Feb 25, 2012
Most ladies, not all, are gold diggers. it is worse if they are gold diggers and grave diggers
Re: Nigerian Billionaire Battles British Wife Over $21million Divorce Payout by Theblessed(f): 6:06pm On Feb 25, 2012
[b][size=16pt]Of course we know, you hardly could find a rich woman in her kitchen cooking the family dinner unless she volunteered to do dinners that day for a change, for her family and why would she when her money can do the cooking.

She can easily afford a salaried 'Chef' to do that and why would she if she doesn't want to - and there's no need for it, is it - the money is there, use it! I wouldn't want my finger nails cracked doing family dinners every day but from time to time definitely, I will take charge.

The problem is, our orientations in Africa - poverty and suffering has led to our men calculating and weighing up everything against the worth the woman they married - look you can not quantify a woman's worth!!

In fact, you can not quantify the worth of any human being, ok! So, put back that your mental Arithmetic and calculator in the your pocket, ok!

The main core here is that, the professionals in this case are not looking at it the way you lot are, narrowly - rather, they are looking at it from a broader perspective - all cards on the table and he must pay up, ok! undecided undecided

She contributed and it was a long marriage, compared to some in the rich circles! The fact that she doesn't want to be in the boat any more doesn't mean she should be deprived - she must be settled and let her move, if that's what she wants life must go on after divorce.

But, why is that men find it difficult to cope with divorce especially, when the table is turned on them?? shocked shocked shocked After all, they're usually the ones that does the dirt and leave women heartbroken?

It's your turn, now take it and shut up!! tongue tongue tongue
[/size][/b]
Re: Nigerian Billionaire Battles British Wife Over $21million Divorce Payout by Nobody: 6:36pm On Feb 25, 2012
After 15+ years this woman does not know her husband, what a shame. This man will obviously keep this matter in court till the end of time by which time their children will be much older and achieved some level of maturity and see their mother for who she really is-a fukking golddigger. I know my mother would not want to give me tthe impression that she's a bitttch even if she were. And I shake my head for those women who say such dumb shite in the complexion of the woman being worth $21, no wonder the likes of Sagamite, Dayokanu et al are very particular about prenups and such.
Re: Nigerian Billionaire Battles British Wife Over $21million Divorce Payout by Nobody: 6:37pm On Feb 25, 2012
Most women on here have only proven to be selfish beyond reason. Marriage is such a scary option right now, serial monogamy is suddenly appealing.
Re: Nigerian Billionaire Battles British Wife Over $21million Divorce Payout by Pharoh: 6:41pm On Feb 25, 2012
cool
Re: Nigerian Billionaire Battles British Wife Over $21million Divorce Payout by Nobody: 6:41pm On Feb 25, 2012
Someone needs to set up elite death squads to deal with this increasingly rampant problem of greedy (ex) wives. I'd gladly pay her all the money she's asking for - insofar as she'd be 'deleted' from the earth shortly afterwards so that the money would return to the RIGHTFUL claimants - my children.
Re: Nigerian Billionaire Battles British Wife Over $21million Divorce Payout by Nobody: 6:45pm On Feb 25, 2012
^^^ Sweeeeet *in Hangaroo voice*.
Re: Nigerian Billionaire Battles British Wife Over $21million Divorce Payout by aglomar: 7:25pm On Feb 25, 2012
@Sagamite, why insult me 4 xpresing my harmless opinion. This attitude wont take u far in life. U r simply not enlightend.
Re: Nigerian Billionaire Battles British Wife Over $21million Divorce Payout by thatchic: 7:58pm On Feb 25, 2012
Stop flogging a dead horse, people need to wake up and smell the coffee. Marriage is a contract and comes with obligations and responsibilities. With a relationship you can wake up in the morning pack your bags and leave and no one will bother you, with a marriage you MUST go through the courts of the land you live in. No if’s or buts’ about it.
Alimony and child support are based on the income of the higher earner. A millionaire cannot pay the same amount as someone who makes $60,000 a year. He is required to maintain his ex wife and children in the LIFESTYLE TO WHICH THEY ARE ACCUSTOMED TO. These laws were put in place to protect the woman and kids ( the most vulnerable). In Nigeria I have seen “men” throw their wife out with only the cloth on her back.

The problem is, our orientations in Africa - poverty and suffering has led to our men calculating and weighing up everything against the worth of the woman they married - look you can not quantify a woman's worth!!
Re: Nigerian Billionaire Battles British Wife Over $21million Divorce Payout by Nobody: 8:04pm On Feb 25, 2012
thatchic:

The problem is, our orientations in Africa - poverty and suffering has led to our men calculating and weighing up everything against the worth the woman they married - look you can not quantify a woman's worth!!

a woman is only worth as much as she provides with her own fingers. Most of u seem to measure the worth of a woman in terms of her v[i]a[/i]gina, pretty face and uterus.
Re: Nigerian Billionaire Battles British Wife Over $21million Divorce Payout by queensmith: 9:11pm On Feb 25, 2012
Here we go again turnin it into the battle of the sexes. Lets not forget there are more than enough women payinf ex husbands alimony and deducting child support for children they CONTINUE to care for!
The sex is irrelevant, the law works the same both ways.
thatchic:

Stop flogging a dead horse, people need to wake up and smell the coffee. Marriage is a contact and comes with obligations and responsibilities. With a relationship you can wake up in the morning pack your bags and leave and no one will bother you, with a marriage you MUST go through the courts of the land you live in. No if’s or buts’ about it. Alimony and child support are based on the income of the higher earner. A millionaire cannot pay the same amount as someone who makes $60,000 a year. He is required to maintain his ex wife and children in the LIFESTYLE TO WHICH THEY ARE ACCUSTOMED TO. These laws were put in place to protect the woman and kids ( the most vulnerable). In Nigeria I have seen “men” throw their wife out with only the cloth on her back.

That is all, the saddest situation is the women in africa uae the likes get it worst, they cant leave. They leave they get nothing, in some countries they cant even work.
I keep saying if we were to place a value on everything the woman does in marriage most men will never marry, most women will be rich!
Re: Nigerian Billionaire Battles British Wife Over $21million Divorce Payout by Tobbylobar(m): 9:31pm On Feb 25, 2012
Hmmm bigmen wit big problem d woman no wan do anytin again she just wan sitdown dey shop money na waooo
Re: Nigerian Billionaire Battles British Wife Over $21million Divorce Payout by desertboom(m): 9:37pm On Feb 25, 2012
'A woman's worth' Can someone enlighten me on how much a woman is worth? Please, does a man worth anything in marriage? Does a woman worth much than a man in marriage? Please, I need answer from the female folks here
Re: Nigerian Billionaire Battles British Wife Over $21million Divorce Payout by cheikh: 10:04pm On Feb 25, 2012
Sagamite
Now Mr Prest has succeeded in the first stage of his attempt to get the huge payout overturned by the Appeal Court. He has been granted permission to appeal by relying on Nigerian ‘customary native law’.

Mr Prest founded Petrodel Resources around ten years ago and in 2007 it was reported to have a turnover of close to £2.5billion.
But his lawyer Martin Pointer QC told the Appeal Court that a gift of £10,000 ‘seed money’ from his Nigerian father before he died in 1992 was the foundation stone on which his oil empire was built.
He said that under ‘customary law’ in Nigeria Mr Prest became head of the family with a responsibility to use his late father’s money to look after his four siblings and their children.

Mr Pointer argued his company’s assets did not belong to Mr Prest  but were ‘held in trust’ for his children and those of his siblings under Nigerian law.
Mr Prest’s brother Michel has  also launched a claim in the Nigerian High Court to declare that Petrodel Resources forms a part of their late father’s estate.
If successful, Mr Prest’s personal wealth would be dramatically reduced.

@^^^ Sentiments aside, the case is already settled in favour of the man as other factors have come to play especially the recognition/acceptance of the Nigerian angle of the case(Customary Law et al). It's not the first time some "too clever by half" women have taken their hapless husbands to the courts only to be shamed out of court by counter evidence from Naija smart system in British courts a la property claims by lazy greedy naija women in Uk.
British legal system actually acknowledges and accepts our Naija legal precedents/evidence in matters like this. Itsekiri(Warri) man no dey board last grin cool trust me!
The man made his ex-wife a reasonably good offer by every standards but greed and false sense of entitlement got the better of her sad.
Having children for him is not a right of passage let alone confer an unreasonable sense of entitlement on the woman. With marriage comes costs and price in personal freedom et al but not foolish right of entitlement on either party either. It is a choice the woman or man made when entering a marriage union pre-nup or not with your senses very alert, I hope wink.

What is it about Itsekiri men/women with Oyiboish or Soyoyo or mixed race spousecheesy?
Re: Nigerian Billionaire Battles British Wife Over $21million Divorce Payout by Dudugirl01(f): 11:27pm On Feb 25, 2012
Warri nor dey carry last!
Re: Nigerian Billionaire Battles British Wife Over $21million Divorce Payout by jidesp(m): 1:12am On Feb 26, 2012
Wow
Re: Nigerian Billionaire Battles British Wife Over $21million Divorce Payout by Nobody: 2:37am On Feb 26, 2012
Greedy rich dude! The mistake has been made and the due course must takes effect . That is, she is entitled to an equal part of the wealth if the man is the one divorcing her.
Re: Nigerian Billionaire Battles British Wife Over $21million Divorce Payout by Jay5000(m): 3:08am On Feb 26, 2012
4 those 9ja women that think these feminist laws r cool and and should be introduced in 9ja to "protect" 9ja women, u better shine your eyes like this shocked. Myt seem like a good way to get back @ some guys and/or make good munnyz but in d end it's d children who suffer d most cos no one really thinks abt wat's best 4 dem. The founders and sponsors of this seemingly noble cause called "feminism" were not so interested in your welfare. It's an ingeniously orchestrated plot to destroy the family structure and to have early access to  children for indoctrination.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NN05DHO9bJw

Got a glimpse of d endgame in UK, and it's not pretty. Most "liberated" British women above 30 are lonely and depressed single mums dat feel like their lives have ended @ 30. And most of these illegit children always grow up angry and bitter and end up becoming a nuisance to society. It neva ends well.
Re: Nigerian Billionaire Battles British Wife Over $21million Divorce Payout by Theblessed(f): 3:38am On Feb 26, 2012
[b][size=16pt]Well the woman is just so laid-back.  

I can't imagine that she allowed her marital to be discussed in Nigerian courts when she should have taken him - not to the UUKcourts as they would be llenienton him rather, she should have taken him to the USA - there he would have known water dey two types:

[list]
[li]Hot water
[/li]
[li]Cold water
[/li]
[/list]
In fact, he would have return to Nigerian in his boxer shorts and flipflops because, their courts no dey take nnonsense  Na she cause her own trouble for allowing him to get to the courts before you.

Also, it depends where the family fortune is investmented/secured right now - if in Nigeria, forget about it and if the West then, counter-petition him in any of the Western courts since you are not happy with the deal.

Also, to be able to maintain the opulent lifestyle he introduced you to all your married life after this divorce (my assumptions), take him to US courts, them go squeeze some chunks off him unless you had a prenup then, their  hands would be tied.  

As for British courts, prenups doesn't really work here as its not legally, recognised - and Parliament had not passed any laws to that effect thus, you would've had a better chance here in the UK.  

After all, you married him in the West, nobe so o? Then, out-smart him by taking him there to decide your future! Indeed US courts, would have made you so, so happy!

You see, if its true that Nigerian courts are deciding this matter then, count your losses and move on, as they won't really support your right to divorce a wayward husband and at the same time, asking for equitable divorce settlement - big mistake babe, big mistake but good luck with the fight at least, in the end you'd have your freedom to live a happy and independent life!!!
[/size][/b]
Re: Nigerian Billionaire Battles British Wife Over $21million Divorce Payout by denzel2009: 4:32am On Feb 26, 2012
Theblessed:

I can't imagine that she allowed her marital to be discussed in Nigerian courts when she should have taken him - not to the UUKcourts as they would be llenienton him rather, she should have taken him to the USA - there he would have known water dey two types:

[list]
[li]Hot water
[/li]
[li]Cold water
[/li]
[/list]
In fact, he would have return to Nigerian in his boxer shorts and flipflops because, their courts no dey take nnonsense  Na she cause her own trouble for allowing him to get to the courts before you.

Also, it depends where the family fortune is investmented/secured right now - if in Nigeria, forget about it and if the West then, counter-petition him in any of the Western courts since you are not happy with the deal.

Also, to be able to maintain the opulent lifestyle he introduced you to all your married life after this divorce (my assumptions), take him to US courts, them go squeeze some chunks off him unless you had a prenup then, their  hands would be tied.  

As for British courts, prenups doesn't really work here as its not legally, recognised - and Parliament had not passed any laws to that effect thus, you would've had a better chance here in the UK.  

After all, you married him in the West, nobe so o? Then, out-smart him by taking him there to decide your future! Indeed US courts, would have made you so, so happy!

You see, if its true that Nigerian courts are deciding this matter then, count your losses and move on, as they won't really support your right to divorce a wayward husband and at the same time, asking for equitable divorce settlement - big mistake babe, big mistake but good luck with the fight at least, in the end you'd have your freedom to live a happy and independent life!!!
[/size][/b]

I couldn't read all your large unfriendly post but I'll advise you to go and read up on jurisdiction - USA ko Kazakhstan ni

If you are going to display your olodoness why embolden it. BTW what is investmented?
Re: Nigerian Billionaire Battles British Wife Over $21million Divorce Payout by agiboma(f): 5:16am On Feb 26, 2012
now im confused did she marry him in the USA?
Re: Nigerian Billionaire Battles British Wife Over $21million Divorce Payout by Nobody: 7:18am On Feb 26, 2012
Theblessed:

[list]
[li]Hot water
[/li]
[li]Cold water
[/li]
[/list]

[/size][/b]

Greedy, lazy leeches like this are why some wonder if marriage is worth the hassle.
Re: Nigerian Billionaire Battles British Wife Over $21million Divorce Payout by Nobody: 8:53am On Feb 26, 2012
desertboom:

'A woman's worth' Can someone enlighten me on how much a woman is worth? Please, does a man worth anything in marriage? Does a woman worth much than a man in marriage? Please, I need answer from the female folks here

This "a woman's worth" nonsense is what they resort to when they realize that they have nothing to offer. Brilliant and talented women would want to be appreciated for their accomplishments and real worth - while the lazy and unproductive majority of women would want to be valued simply because they have vaginas and breasts.

Just as a man's worth is not measured by the mere fact that he is a man, a woman's worth should not be measured by the inconsequential fact of her female gender. In both cases, one has to prove himself or herself in tangible ways in order to be considered a person of high worth.
Re: Nigerian Billionaire Battles British Wife Over $21million Divorce Payout by desertboom(m): 9:26am On Feb 26, 2012
@pro01. . . Bro, I'm tired reading conjectures from women here. They talk as if a man worth nothing in marriage, maybe that's why many women gets old and frustrated because of greed and all-about-me attitude.
Re: Nigerian Billionaire Battles British Wife Over $21million Divorce Payout by Yorisb: 9:34am On Feb 26, 2012
Theblessed:

[size=16pt]Well the woman is just so laid-back.  

[/size]

They got married in England, ergo, how could She have ''taken him to the US courts''?

Please read up on jurisdiction before making further deductions conjectures. Such ignorance can be contagious and It's not funny!
Re: Nigerian Billionaire Battles British Wife Over $21million Divorce Payout by rhymz(m): 10:19am On Feb 26, 2012
Seriously, a lot of women make very stewpid passionate statement that defiles common sense.
This feminism thing has become an avenue that criminal females exploit to get rich. How can anyone in their right senses support a woman that knew nothing about how this man made his wealth to bequeath to her such obscene amount of money all because she was married to him in the UK. Does it even make sense? Most of these guys talking about the man being stingy and wicked wait until it happens to you then you will know how easy it is to dole out a million dollars to a gold digger whose only job through out you were with her was to bear you childrien and spend your money. Yesterday I was in a similar argument with a friend in the UK, she kept on talking about how it was possible for Anne Macauley to get 2face to settle her bigtime( if 2face marries her in the US or UK) in the event of a divorce. I was like, how does a court compel a man whose source of livelyhood, wealth and properties are not in the west but in Nigeria. Is that even possible?
A lot of women these days are just so obsessed with the prospects of getting half of a man's worth in the event of a divorce, it renders marriage a useless union and affair to get into. Whatever happened to moderate settlement, why do feminists have this misconception that whenever there is a divorce it is usually the fault of the man and that the woman must have suffered in the marriage and deserves a settlement that looks like a revenge on the man. A lot of people make senseless arguments and demands they wont even oblige if they were in such conditions. Very stewpid laws that is gravely political and unneccessarily vengeful.
Re: Nigerian Billionaire Battles British Wife Over $21million Divorce Payout by Nobody: 10:40am On Feb 26, 2012
Re: Nigerian Billionaire Battles British Wife Over $21million Divorce Payout by Nobody: 10:45am On Feb 26, 2012
Yeah Rhymz, it is shocking. The grand aim is to destroy the establishment called marriage so people get in not for the love but for other things.
Re: Nigerian Billionaire Battles British Wife Over $21million Divorce Payout by damola1: 10:50am On Feb 26, 2012
chaircover:

I haven't read all the replies to this thread, but this is my take on this.

2.1 million sounds like a lot but in reality it isn't. It will just about buy her & the kids a house similar to the one that they probably live in now.

The 35K a year will NOT be enough to pay for the bills and maintenance of that house alone, talk less of other things.

By all means if indeed the money used ot set up the company didnt come from them both but from the husbands family, then that should be taken into consideration, however on the flip side, how many married men with access to $13,000 are able to do anything tangible with it. Wifey could at the time could have encouraged her hubby to buy a car or go on holiday and blow the whole lot. She gave him her support when he used the money to start the business and over the years would have supported him in various ways.

Ive said this before and the fact that a woman doesnt put money down doesnt mean that she is useless. An encouraging word here, a prayer there, a shoulder to lean on cannot be expressed in monetary values and this should not be overlooked. Sometimes when you know that someone has your back, you become more confident and you tend to take more risks and these risks may pay off.

I personally think that if the man can truly afford it, then he should give her what she wants and let her go on her way. The Lawyers are probably getting more than the figure we are talking about here anyway which is a shame and the children are watching the acrimony and it cant be doing them any good. The Law suit is also going to affect both husband and wife mentally an healthwise whether they loose or win. Going to court is stressful in its self.

The other side of love is sure worse than hate if there is such a thing and I hope they can sort this out without too many casualties.

2.1 million sounds like a lot but in reality it isn't. It will just about buy her & the kids a house similar to the one that they probably live in now.

The 35K a year will NOT be enough to pay for the bills and maintenance of that house alone, talk less of other things.

Why would she want to buy a similar house to what her husband owns?, can she afford it?

Dis agreements btw parents doesn't mean disconnect between kids and their parents. If I divorced my wife, I will definitely look forward to taking care of my kids, that's the way it works, $35k is extra income for her, she can get to work and make more for herself. She can use the same advise, support, prayer to support herself to achieve the same.

Ive said this before and the fact that a woman doesnt put money down doesnt mean that she is useless. An encouraging word here, a prayer there, a shoulder to lean on cannot be expressed in monetary values and this should not be overlooked. Sometimes when you know that someone has your back, you become more confident and you tend to take more risks and these risks may pay off.

Talking about support, do you think men in that case only accept stuff?, more men give advise than women do, I know this for a fact. Especially business advise. , so, if they do the same back, it's simply a balance check, women these days don't even pray like my parents before, seldom do you see a seriously praying woman.

I personally think that if the man can truly afford it, then he should give her what she wants and let her go on her way. The Lawyers are probably getting more than the figure we are talking about here anyway which is a shame and the children are watching the acrimony and it cant be doing them any good. The Law suit is also going to affect both husband and wife mentally an healthwise whether they loose or win. Going to court is stressful in its self.

I absolutely disagree with you, if the woman have decided to sort it in court, so be it. If she came to possibly work out all of this privately, am sure she will not only get so much, but a lot more, especially through her kids every other day!, but if she thinks she get strong head, then she'll be shocked the kind of man she got involved with!
Re: Nigerian Billionaire Battles British Wife Over $21million Divorce Payout by Nobody: 10:57am On Feb 26, 2012
Damola,

I think your replies says it all. It is just like people do not like the bitter truth. It points at the same thing - many Nigerian ladies choose to be on the back foot and are lazy and money grabbing. The same attitude portrayed during relationships is propagated in marriage.

So I keep asking a question- why did the lady marry her husband?

I have not read any sensible post from any lady on here. It shows they only want to get married to a rich man and for his money. IT shows also that they may be prepared to kill the man for his money as well.

Shocking but true.
Re: Nigerian Billionaire Battles British Wife Over $21million Divorce Payout by damola1: 11:12am On Feb 26, 2012
divine2043:

Damola,

I think your replies says it all. It is just like people do not like the bitter truth. It points at the same thing - many Nigerian ladies choose to be on the back foot and are lazy and money grabbing. The same attitude portrayed during relationships is propagated in marriage.

So I keep asking a question- why did the lady marry her husband?

I have not read any sensible post from any lady on here. It shows they only want to get married to a rich man and for his money. IT shows also that they may be prepared to kill the man for his money as well.

Shocking but true.

My brother, this is the world we live in. In Nigeria I have noticed personally that most men die before the women, really look around, . I don't think they kill them directly, but indirectly, all the responsibility are on the man, everything, women enjoy like anything, before you see a man who parties, travels around the world etc, it's either he's irresponsible, or he's achieved so much to cover for enjoyment of his family, I am telling you, young boys need to shine their eyes very well. I didn't come to live your life, I came to live mine, I love my kids, but they've got their own lives to live too, so, lets live and let other live,

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (23) (Reply)

He Doesn’t Satisfy Me Sexually – Wife Tells Police / Wife Beater Looks Happy In Court Today (Photo) / ₦150000: Nigerians Underprice Our Sperm - Donors Cry Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.