Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,092 members, 7,811,062 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:00 PM

Where Is Alh. Atiku Abubakar - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Where Is Alh. Atiku Abubakar (4032 Views)

Tinubu And Atiku In Closed-Door Meeting Over Buhari’s Victory / Atiku, Kwankwaso, Others Have Abandoned Buhari, Says PDP / Why Has Atiku Abubakar Been Missing APC Rallies? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Where Is Alh. Atiku Abubakar by BigB11(m): 6:43pm On Oct 23, 2007
I beg to disagree with you sir! OBJ only made few people and these are the business people who made billions when he was in power. These same people will later abandon him and run to whoever is in power tomorrow. As for politicians, he made just a few and for those that were showing loyalty to him when he was in power, this was largely false loyalty and he secured their loyalty by using EFCC and other government machinery to intimidate them. They will soon break free and we shall see that he has no core loyalists

Thank you very much.

It feels good to finally see someone that understands politics.

Iyke-D: you represent another reason why politicians continue to rape us in the daylight.
Re: Where Is Alh. Atiku Abubakar by McKren(m): 9:22am On Oct 24, 2007
BigB1

That a man subscribe to your view does not mean he understands politics more than anyone. Wherever you go their will always be those who subscribe to your values and those who oppose it. But all are politicians and understand the rudiments.

Besides that I do not also agree that President Yaradua is not a deciever as under his 6months regime I have seen the height of deception.
Re: Where Is Alh. Atiku Abubakar by babasin(m): 10:36am On Oct 24, 2007
Finally, as bad as OBJ might be, Atiku and IBB rolled together can not even measure up
to OBJ's contribution to whatever is left of Nigeria today.

You are right, very right.

Only OBJ:

1. wiped-out entire ODI village

2. increase fuel from N22 to 75N in 8years

3. increase VAT from 5% to N15%

4. reduce power capacity from 5,000MW in 1999 to 3000MW in 2007

5. Sent to IMF/WORLD bank $18billion in CASH

6. spent N300billion on roads, which remain worst before the money was spent.

7. Handover over to Nigerians; the worst election in history of BLACK MAN.

Yes, only OBJ can make these contribution.
grin cheesy grin
Re: Where Is Alh. Atiku Abubakar by IykeD1(m): 12:32pm On Oct 24, 2007
@Babasin

- Point well taken, but it is clear that has it not been for OBJ's courage in flushing the
coup-conditioned soldiers out of the military and quest for more professional soldiers,
this democracy that you all are celebrating now would have been non-existent. We
seemed to have developed amnesia on this as usual

- You blame him for giving away $18 billion to the IMF in the name of debt relief, but
unless you are telling me you are smarter than Ngozi, etc, the point still remains that
most observers saw that as a very positive step for Nigeria.

- Fuel price - do you know how much people were paying for gas (fuel) 8 years ago in the
US? If I recall correctly it was about $0.49 per gallon. Its about $2.50 or higher depending
on where you live. Not sure where you live, but the price of fuel has gone up everywhere
in the world - we are talking about almost $90 per barrel oil. Watch what will happen to
fuel prices in Nigeria in the next few years and you will eat your words on this one.

- The financial institutions are far better and stronger than they have ever been in Nigeria.
You might be dismissive of that as usual, but that is a fact.

- Better transparency in the bidding process (at the Federal Level anyway)

- Nigeria has a far better image largely because of the work of OBJ. You no longer see
posted notices warning US citizens to avoid Murtala Muhammed airport in US airports
any more.

- NAFDAC and its exploits

- The almighty EFCC, that most hated "selective" agency that has managed to bring
fear to where fear was never known before in Nigeria.

- Power -They are several ongoing power projects started by OBJ.

Let's be honest with ourselves - OBJ did a lot for Nigeria. Clearly he fell short in some areas
and you can nit-pick all you want, but to go about pretending that he did not accomplish
anything for Nigeria is pure dishonesty.

There is no leader in the world who had not made any bad judgment call at one time or
the other, OBJ is no exception as with regards Odi and others.
Re: Where Is Alh. Atiku Abubakar by Nobody: 12:38pm On Oct 24, 2007
@ Iyke-D

you are very correct, they just hate the guy obj or they follow the bandwagon cool
Re: Where Is Alh. Atiku Abubakar by McKren(m): 12:54pm On Oct 24, 2007
Iyke-D

Ignore Babasin, he is reknowned to be a world-class expert in OBJ bashing.

Obasanjo does not have great image because he took difficult decisions a true leader takes, he did not even care about lobbying the media (the Obaigbenas) to launder his image because he was a man on a mission with clear vission acting on conviction for what is right for his country.

Anybody has the right to make of OBJ's legacies whatever they like, but for me every passing day I find more reasons to prefer his Government to this present administration full of deciet.
Re: Where Is Alh. Atiku Abubakar by BigB11(m): 2:25pm On Oct 24, 2007
I never called Atiku a great leader or a great politician; I was only pointing out the possibility. I also think Atiku's latest move (laying low) is very strategic and you just never know what might come out of it.

I am 110% against OBJ's leadership style. A leader must operate by showing great examples to his followers.
Now, Mckren, could you please answer the following questions?

What is the difference between OBJ and Kalu?
What is the difference between OBJ and Ibori?
What is the difference between OBJ and Alams?
What is the difference between OBJ and Abacha?
Who is responsible for the trouble between Etteh and the senate?
Why is the new administration continues to struggle day after day?
Why is 90% of the governors are still walking around freely in Nigeria today?
Who is responsible for the trouble in Ibadan?
What happened to the infrastructure projects in Nigeria during OBJ's regime?
Why is EFCC continues to struggle in Nigeria today?

Leadership is an invaluable natural talent; it is either you have it or you just don't, absolutely there is no in between.
You can not be greedy, vindictive, unprofessional, indiscipline, hypocrite and expect to be successful as a leader.

OBJ represents total failure and a major reason why Nigeria will continue to struggle for many years to come. He has created tangible and intangible crises for all of us.

Besides that I do not also agree that President Yaradua is not a deceiver as under his 6months regime I have seen the height of deception.
You are correct.
But FYI: Yar'Adua continues to budge out of his comfort zone just because of OBJ's boorish involvement with this new admin. I'm sure that with time things will settle down and we will all be able to experience Yar'Adua's genuine character.
Re: Where Is Alh. Atiku Abubakar by BigB11(m): 2:31pm On Oct 24, 2007
Mckren:

I also notice that you've shown your total support for OBJ just because of the implementation of EFCC. Please, do not get things twisted, the man still represents a major obstacle for the EFCC.

EFCC would have been a major accomplishment if not because of OBJ's Boorish leadership style. He has done everything and anything to make EFCC daily operations unprofessional and mission impossible

Please note that EFCC is not OBJ. I think many of us still continue to mix things up.
Re: Where Is Alh. Atiku Abubakar by McKren(m): 3:09pm On Oct 24, 2007
I promise to do you an exclusive response latter today, as I am a bit busy now

Just stay tuned,
Re: Where Is Alh. Atiku Abubakar by BigB11(m): 3:12pm On Oct 24, 2007
Just keep in mind that I know a lot about this man.

I look forward to your response.

Have a great day.
Re: Where Is Alh. Atiku Abubakar by OduduwaSon: 3:35pm On Oct 24, 2007
Big B1:

Just keep in mind that I know a lot about this man.

I look forward to your response.

Have a great day.

Big B1, I'm beginning to believe mamajama's comments about your identity grin Your responses are very calculative, informative, and with all the elements of inside knowledge of things, not just one of those open loud mouths fools on nairaland that just shit out of their mouths. Interesting grin grin grin
Re: Where Is Alh. Atiku Abubakar by smile4kenn(m): 4:03pm On Oct 24, 2007
atiku, my hero. i hope he comes back to politics soon
Re: Where Is Alh. Atiku Abubakar by IykeD1(m): 5:47pm On Oct 24, 2007
Atiku can lie low for as long as he wants - but there is no way he will become President
of Nigeria under the current configuration on the ground.

Except Yar Adua takes ill and is overwhelmed by that office in the next four years, don't
see how another person from the North is going to take over from him.

Once the north's 8 years is up, the gentleman's agreement kicks in and the south gets
its turn to pick a candidate - unless people really want to expedite the break up of the
country!

He can run all he wants, but he can't outspend PDP, and its political or state machinery.
Re: Where Is Alh. Atiku Abubakar by Atuluku(m): 6:16pm On Oct 24, 2007
I saw Atiku at Oyingbo Market ! grin grin
Re: Where Is Alh. Atiku Abubakar by olanajim(m): 6:17pm On Oct 24, 2007
Big B1, you're correct about the reason behind Atiku's silence. Indeed, it was for strategic reasons and I would be surprised if many Nigerians don't see this picture clearly.

1. Everybody should note that Atiku, had NEVER for once attacked Yar'adua in person since the later's nomination as PDP flagbearer up till now. Even though he is in court challenging Yar'adua's election, he had NEVER said insultive words as he did to OBJ!

2. Before the election Atiku was a long term friend of Yar'adua's family by virture of his relation with Yar'adua snr. This connection was and is still very strong regardless of their political difference. The choice of Yar'adua by OBJ was not only for OBJ to control Yar'adua. Else, Odili would have been natural choice for OBJ plan. Rather, power brokers recognized that anybody to challenge Atiku in the last election must be someone who could be acceptable by Umar Yar'adua dynasty since this group still maintain strong influence in PDP. Their permutation turned out to be correct as it prevented many of them from following Atiku to AC.

3. After the fraudulence election and the emergence of Yar'adua as the winner, Atiku was reported to have said he would not accept the result. He was vocal. Shortly afterward, Yar'adua's mother granted an interview in the Punch saying that she would reconcile both Yar'adua and Atiku. Many people see through the elderly woman's words. Maybe because she is old and not a politician.

I would love to remind you that Yar'adua's mother was like mother to Atiku and their relationship was very very strong. In hausaland, children hardly goes against their parents.

Not long after the woman's interview, Atiku was heard not more. He merely comment about elections and OBJ but never cast aspersion Yar'adua as Buhari has been doing. All cases against him were suspended and he walk length and breath of the country freely. He didn't even object to AC joining Yar'adua govt though the party leadership didn't honour the call.
Re: Where Is Alh. Atiku Abubakar by BigB11(m): 6:28pm On Oct 24, 2007
Atiku can lie low for as long as he wants - but there is no way he will become President
of Nigeria under the current configuration on the ground.
Iyke-D:
How could you come up with this conclusion? My man, you didn't even vote.

It seems to me that you truly do not understand Nigerian politics.
And please keep in mind that I'm not here to speculate on who will win and who will not win the next presidential election; but the way things are currently going in Nigeria anything can happen.

Question:
Don't you think that OBJ's involvement with this new admin could also backfire, if it's not already?

Every real politician in Nigeria understands what Atiku has gone through with OBJ as his boss, they also knew that there was no way Nigerians could have truly experienced Atiku's leadership role or style (whether it was ineffective or not) with a boorish vindictive leader in Aso Rock.
Atiku was pretty much disabled as a leader or VP during those horrible days; And this might just be an opportunity for him to show Nigerians what he's really capable of doing. Therefore, it isn't over till the fat lady sings.
A true leader will never quit and will develop a suitable strategy to use his unsuitable or tribulation moment to his advantage.

Just keep in Mind that it doesn't take much to brainwash Nigerians, who are also going to be the voters.

Hence, do not fall asleep, my friend; the door might just open up for Atiku when the time is right.
Re: Where Is Alh. Atiku Abubakar by olanajim(m): 6:54pm On Oct 24, 2007
MY CONCLUSION therefore is that something must have transpired behind the scene between Yar'adua's mother, Atiku, Yar'adua and Babagana Kingibe! We must also bear in mind the Babagana and Atiku have a long term political and personal relationship and both were very close to Yar'adua snr.

It is inconceivable that such a strong relation would be easily dented by politics. Hausas don't do their things that way. To them there is an unwritten law that placed brotherhood above everything else.

Those of you that see Yar'adua as OBJ extention MAY be disappointed someday. Babagana is in govt for a purpose. For as long as he is there, it would be difficult for OBJ to have 100% grip on Yar'adua! The probability of Yar'adua/Atiku remaining at peace with one another is every high.

Those fighting for or against would just be dissipating their energy on worthless venture.

By this observation, does it mean Atiku had compromised? Does it mean he had been defeated? NO!
Rather, Atiku had shown one of rarest traits in Nigerian politics. He had demostrated that he is indeed a great man worthy of emulation. I am neither his nor OBJ fan but I must state that he won my admiration. He is still in court but not on newspaper to drag his reputation in the mud .

As for OBJ, he remain the object of people's wrath even though he is no more in power! He refused to shut up even for awhile. Instead he had been talking of his reforms(some of which are being gradually erroded and replaced by better policy).He had been trying frantically to clear his name from being destroyed.

To make matter worse for him, Atiku loyalists are returning to PDP after Yar'adua promised to free PDP from OBJ power. It would be no surprise if Atiku return to PDP. Afterall that was how they left in reverse order. Methink they are preparing a ground just as they did in AC. Should that happen, then OBJ is on the way to political retirement unless he blend with the new crowd. Anything can happen. Let wait and see.
Re: Where Is Alh. Atiku Abubakar by BigB11(m): 6:59pm On Oct 24, 2007
Excellent point of view.
Re: Where Is Alh. Atiku Abubakar by McKren(m): 7:30pm On Oct 24, 2007
Mckren, could you please answer the following questions?

What is the difference between OBJ and Kalu?
What is the difference between OBJ and Ibori?
What is the difference between OBJ and Alams?

Not sure your basis for your comparison cos OBJ was twice Nigerian leader but those guys above where Governors. well may I assume that  your question bothers on leadership between 1999 -2007.
OBJ was head of central government and asuch takes care of the Macro issues (macro economics) of Nigeria. In that regard Nigeria did great, I am not going to bore you with talks about, GDP, Foreign reserve, Debt Management, Inflation control, Bank recapitalization and consolidation etc as I believe you know the monumental success achieved in that area except ofcourse you dont want to admit them.

Now the micro issues which affects the man on the streets of Nigeria is where the responsibility of State Governors come in, the FG did their part on this by always giving allocations to State Government. But this Governors instead of developing their States chose to launder the money abroad. The only thing OBJ could further do was to set up a control check which is where the EFCC comes in. The EFCC performed their job deligently but our Governors instead of adhering to the rules and re-adjusting they hid under immunity clause while using their looted funds to fight back by lobbying the media to blackmail the EFCC on spurious claims of "Selectivity" and "Rule of law".

What more could OBJ do? As far as am concerned, OBJ's sin is placing priority on loyalty to country over loyalty to friends. But then those friends whose toes he stepped on control the media and thus succeeded in Blackmailing him.

What is the difference between OBJ and Abacha?

Once again it is not clear, your basis for comparison.
Abacha was a brutal dictator who no amount of popular pressure could force out of power except death.

But OBJ on the otherhand handed over power as an Army General. As President between 1999-2007 their was free media. He allowed the Judiciary to do their job without bribing them or intimidating them, as President his Government lost a lot of cases in court and that took our justice system to a new level.

Even the so called third term, OBJ did not dissolve the NASS, he did not attempt to use the Military to remain in power (roots which he would have taken if he meant to remain in power at all cost). It was done through the NASS and when the idea was thrown out he accepted the verdict in good faith.
Now if you think making an attempt to change the Constitution through legal means is criminal then those who designed the constitution and made provision for means to change the constitution in that regard are even bigger criminals.
As far as am concerned accepting the NASS assembly verdict on third term was the height of Democracy I have seen in this country.

Who is responsible for the trouble between Etteh and the senate?

Etteh is responsible, because she misappropriated funds.
However the crisis lingering is more to Yaradua than OBJ. President Yaradua is simply insincere and self deluded. He thinks Nigerians are fools.
Now tell me if it is by mere co-incidence that all of Reps from Katsina are Staunch supporters of Etteh including the Late Safana who was Yaradua's former SSG. You and I know how politics is played in the North.

Why is the new administration continues to struggle day after day?
Why is 90% of the governors are still walking around freely in Nigeria today?

Another clear example of President Yaradua's insincerity. He came to power promising servant leadership and zero tolerance for corruption and then went on to appoint a corruption defence lawyer as AGF and Justice Minister. Where on earth does that happen.

Just immagine an Italian President promising to tackle mob culture and gansterism in Sicily and Napples but goes ahead to appoint a Mafia defence lawyer as Justice Minister.

Where is the Sincerity
On independence day this President chose to stand up and address Nigerians, all propaganda to demonstrate his servant leadership. In that address he once again re-assured Nigerians that he will not tolerate corruption yet on the same day his AGF's dodgy letter was busy obstucting justice in London which for all intents and purposes the beneficiaries of that Justice is Nigeria.  
This is the height of hypocrisy and poor leadership

Who is responsible for the trouble in Ibadan?

OBJ, this is one of the failures of his regime. Thugery in Oyo and Anambra and he should regret it.

What happened to the infrastructure projects in Nigeria during OBJ's regime?
Why is EFCC continues to struggle in Nigeria today?

Has been addressed in the past

Leadership is an invaluable natural talent; it is either you have it or you just don't, absolutely there is no in between.
You can not be greedy, vindictive, unprofessional, indiscipline, hypocrite and expect to be successful as a leader.

OBJ represents total failure and a major reason why Nigeria will continue to struggle for many years to come. He has created tangible and intangible crises for all of us.

You are entitled to your opinion but you can not at least tell me one leader in the History of Nigeria who has done better than OBJ.
Re: Where Is Alh. Atiku Abubakar by IykeD1(m): 8:13pm On Oct 24, 2007

Now tell me if it is by mere co-incidence that all of Reps from Katsina are Staunch supporters of Etteh including the Late Safana who was Yaradua's former SSG. You and I know how politics is played in the North.

All the Reps must have been drinking OBJ's water via Yar Adua - it's highly contagious you know smiley

Anyway, for those thinking that somehow because of the good family ties between Yar Adua and
Atiku, then somehow the former will step aside for Atiku needs to think again. Lets say Atiku finds
his way back to PDP, either you assuming that Yar Adua won't run again and wants to kindly "dash"
Atiku power in 4 years or you are thinking that the South will wait 8 years and then allow the
North to present Atiku as flag bearer - it -ain't going to happen!

OBJ is irrelevant here and will continue to be.
Re: Where Is Alh. Atiku Abubakar by McKren(m): 9:30pm On Oct 24, 2007
Iyke-D

The kind of postulations we hear about Yaradua family or Mentorship of Atiku playing a prominent role in political calculations is simply ridiculous more than anything.

If their brotherhood is that serious or if their is any unwritten law (as Prof. Olajunmi will like to think) binding them, Atiku will not be in court today.
AC is divided whether to join Yaradua government or not, in fact Abubakar Rimi is the latest to cross carpet from AC to PDP yet the so called brotherhood that exists between Atiku and Yaradua family have not convinced Atiku to withdraw his case.

In case you guys do not know the implication of Atiku being in court, if he wins their will be a re-run of election and Yaradua's Presidency will be under threat. (so where is the priority of brotherhood over ambition)
Re: Where Is Alh. Atiku Abubakar by IykeD1(m): 11:05pm On Oct 24, 2007
I think its just pure fantasy. How can I claim to be your true family friend and I am in
court trying to unseat you from power? A true friend would have withdrawn the case
a long time ago, so lets kill this real brotherhood myth between both men.

But then again, I am not surprised with the comments because as usual these guys
are assuming again that OBJ is on trial, not Yar Adua. People are being naive to the
highest order that the Yar Aduas will cede power to Atiku because of some brotherly
love between them. If there is any brotherly love or friendship in this thing, what
OBJ did for Yar Adua on account of his past ties to the family is more like it. I am sure
Atiku will metamorphose into a king maker from the north, but any chance of him
becoming president of Nigeria is dead and gone.
Re: Where Is Alh. Atiku Abubakar by babadee(m): 2:52am On Oct 25, 2007
At the new Africa Shrine, Smoking igbo and drinking small stout
Re: Where Is Alh. Atiku Abubakar by olanajim(m): 5:47am On Oct 25, 2007
People who underestimates Atiku/Yar'adua brotherhood are merely dissipating their energy on no issue. Someone even mentioned Rimi cross-carpeting to PDP as a sign of discord in Atiku camp. It is like the fellow have not been closely monitoring political events in Nigeria. It is also like the guy don't know much about hausa's as a tribe.

Atiku's reluctance at withdrawing political case against Yar'adua is for a cause.And he had not been seen open in AC lately. Rimi's cross-carpeting to PDP is no secret to Atiku. At afterall we all read papers. Finally, before Atiku joined AC, his loyalists were the first to go. He joined at 11th hr when his PDP bid was defeated. It is just a matter of time.

One thing, I am very sure of is that Atiku is not making the presidency a do or die affair. If the election is nulified and we have re-run, Yar'adua would emerged as candidate. This time with a truce. And if Yar'adua won the legal battle, we would all be for the better.

For one, Yar'adua had been erroding the structures left by OBJ in a systematical order. INEC is just buying time, it fate is dependent of the outcome of electoral reform committee. I doubt if Yar'adua would ever allow himself stand for election under Iwu, a professor of Electoral Sham. AC is more than death with her members returning to PDP. ANPP is factionalized and had practically aligned with PDP. Other parties had gone to sleep probably repaying loans expended on last election. I don't see any of them mounting a serious challenge to Yar'adua. This is the realism that is true. Even Buhari can't raise half of campaign fund he would need again. He had legal fees to pay and he is still in debt!

As for Atiku, he may still have some money to burn, he certainly would know better not to contest under AC again since his people are back in PDP. In short, Yar'adua wins regardless of the outcome of court case. Sadly, should there be a new election as a result of the case, then OBJ lose! He is actually on trial.
Re: Where Is Alh. Atiku Abubakar by dayokanu(m): 7:23am On Oct 25, 2007
Point well taken, but it is clear that has it not been for OBJ's courage in flushing the
coup-conditioned soldiers out of the military and quest for more professional soldiers,
this democracy that you all are celebrating now would have been non-existent. We
seemed to have developed amnesia on this as usual

You are right OBj flushed out soldiers and employed civilian thugs like Adedibu, Uba etc I am sure Oyo and Anambra people have never had it so bad under any previous military regime

-
You blame him for giving away $18 billion to the IMF in the name of debt relief, but
unless you are telling me you are smarter than Ngozi, etc, the point still remains that
most observers saw that as a very positive step for Nigeria.

- Fuel price - do you know how much people were paying for gas (fuel) 8 years ago in the
US? If I recall correctly it was about $0.49 per gallon. Its about $2.50 or higher depending
on where you live. Not sure where you live, but the price of fuel has gone up everywhere
in the world - we are talking about almost $90 per barrel oil. Watch what will happen to
fuel prices in Nigeria in the next few years and you will eat your words on this one.

Can you also add that no govt before in the history of Nigeria made as much money as OBJ's regime due to skyrocketing oil prices. Yet no refinery works despite millions of dollars spent on Turn around Maintenance by OBJ. Infact this is the most corrupt government ever.

- The financial institutions are far better and stronger than they have ever been in Nigeria.
You might be dismissive of that as usual, but that is a fact.

Can you please stop this nonsense about financial institutions? majority of Nigerians are living below the poverty line yet you keep screaming financial institution.
A country where Nothing works,Unemployment, Bad roads, No electricity, Manufacturing sector is prostrate, No security and we are screaming financial institution

- Better transparency in the bidding process (at the Federal Level anyway)
Yet Tony Anenih gets all the road repair contract because he is the most transparent of all the bids right?

- Nigeria has a far better image largely because of the work of OBJ. You no longer see
posted notices warning US citizens to avoid Murtala Muhammed airport in US airports
any more

Yet the United States have issued warnings to their nationals to avoid Nigeria due to the increased niger-delta crises even Nigeria was on CNN for this during OBJ's regime for the Niger- Delta crisis. Better Image ? When the EU have vowed never to send funds to Nigeria for electoral purposes due to the massive fraud in the last one.
Yeah Nigeria is breaking the records at least we conducted the worst election in world history. Our rep is increasing astronomically.

- NAFDAC and its exploits

- The almighty EFCC, that most hated "selective" agency that has managed to bring
fear to where fear was never known before in Nigeria.

- Power -They are several ongoing power projects started by OBJ.

On going projects between 1999 and 2007. 8 years and we are still in darkness. Have you ever seen any govt before without an on going project? Even if they are deceiving us. Abacha too had a lot of "Projects" that would have bettered the lives of Nigerians.

Let's be honest with ourselves - OBJ did a lot for Nigeria. Clearly he fell short in some areas
and you can nit-pick all you want, but to go about pretending that he did not accomplish
anything for Nigeria is pure dishonesty.

Yes he did a lot in his 8 years, many prominent nigerians were killed Bola-Ige, Dikibo, Harry Marshalls but to mention a few.

Education he tried so much that schools were always on strike in the 8 years.

There is no leader in the world who had not made any bad judgment call at one time or
the other, OBJ is no exception as with regards Odi and others.

Okay you call that bad judgement? Yet they call Saddam's and Milosevic's ethnic cleasing. That is ethnic cleasing in Odi and Zaki Biam and he should be tried. Killing thousands in one swoop.
Re: Where Is Alh. Atiku Abubakar by IykeD1(m): 11:23am On Oct 25, 2007
@dayokanu

I am going to pick a few point to address here, don't have much time for another thesis. . .

- Adedibu
Granted, but I suppose he is the only bad politician in Nigeria. Do you blame OBJ for the
existence of Adedibu, an 80 year old man that was playing politics even before OBJ arrival?
I suppose you are suggesting that in general the quality of politicians in Nigeria as a whole
are far better than Adedibu and Uba, right? You got to be kidding. I suppose it was Adedibu
or Uba that was behind the attempt to ram a fuel tanker into INEC's building.

- N300Billion given to Anenih for roads
Agreed, the roads are in a sorry state, but I have read where this magical figures you guys
like to brandish about have been de-bunked. What are you claiming, that Anenih pocketed
N300bilion meant for the roads? Do you know how much N300billion is, that's almost $3billion!

-The Strength of the Financial Institutions
It may be nonsense to you and millions of Nigerians are living below the poverty line, but
the importance of having strong financial institutions in developing economies can not be
over-emphasized, but you can choose to ignore it. Maybe you don't care if other millions
of Nigerians funds are being trapped in mom and pop banks left and right too.

- Oil windfall in OBJ's time
Nigeria, have been reaping billions these past years on account of the surging oil prices, but
as usual, you guys miraculously like to think as if the only thing that went up was the price of
of the barrel of oil. I suppose the excess billions being earned should be intact since govt is
still paying its top employees N5,000 or N20,000 a year, not millions of Naira a year. The
vehicles being purchased by government is still being bought at about N20,000, not millions
of naira. I also suppose a road or bridge or building that is used to be awarded at a cost of
N5million or N10million whether inflated or not, is still going for that instead of hundreds of
millions or a few billions at that. Ask yourself, how much does it cost to run the house and the
senate, I suppose a couple of millions of naira a year, right? If you remain unimpressed about
the impact of inflation over the years, ask your parents or Uncle how much it cost them to build
a house in the 80s or 90s compared to today.
Re: Where Is Alh. Atiku Abubakar by Nobody: 11:31am On Oct 25, 2007
he's hiding nsmwhere since there is no more war to fight.
Re: Where Is Alh. Atiku Abubakar by BigB11(m): 2:17pm On Oct 25, 2007
@olanajim:

I admire your clear perception of this situation. I have absolutely nothing else to add, you've grasped the inner nature of this matter intuitively.
Bravo to you!

@Mckren:

You've downloaded pure garbage; but I know that you're too clever, very intelligent and much more bigger that this imprudent and inaccurate book you've just written. Therefore I refuse to respond, I just don't have the time and the energy.

@Iyke-D:

You sound like a lost man.
My advise for you: Please, do yourself a favor and visit home more often. You can not continue to throw tiny stone from far away and expect to kill the Buffalo.
It just won't happen!
Re: Where Is Alh. Atiku Abubakar by babasin(m): 2:34pm On Oct 25, 2007
Abacha was a brutal dictator who no amount of popular pressure could force out of power except death.

False:

OBJ wiped-out ODI. He killed the 'whole village'. It is a documented fact. NTA even show this in 2000!

Abacha killed at most 15people: Kudirat, Rewane.etc

So who is brutal?

Stop regurgitating 'WESTERN PRESS' here.
Re: Where Is Alh. Atiku Abubakar by IykeD1(m): 3:29pm On Oct 25, 2007
@BigB1,

When and how often I visit Nigeria is none of your business. You may be home, but your posts
and views on Nairaland shows that you are the one that is actually lost. In some strange ways,
you pray for things to get better in Nigeria, but in another sentence you are hoping for your two
failed idols, Atiku and IBB especially to come back to mis-rule Nigeria. I wonder who is lost then?

I implore you again to look at the configuration on the ground, not indulge in some Atiku or IBB
worship or yearning of the old days when the north had monopoly on power no matter what.
Please explain how you envisage Atiku becoming the next president by skipping Yar Adua or
you think those in the south will foolishly line up behind Atiku (another candidate from the north)
in the next 4 or 8 years?

Abacha killed at most 15people: Kudirat, Rewane.etc
One scientist on Nairaland just put an exact figure on the number of people Abacha actually
killed while in office. Bravo! Even the CIA must envy your intelligence sources. You guys make
me laugh!
Re: Where Is Alh. Atiku Abubakar by dayokanu(m): 4:12pm On Oct 25, 2007
@dayokanu

I am going to pick a few point to address here, don't have much time for another thesis. . .

- Adedibu
Granted, but I suppose he is the only bad politician in Nigeria. Do you blame OBJ for the
existence of Adedibu, an 80 year old man that was playing politics even before OBJ arrival?
I suppose you are suggesting that in general the quality of politicians in Nigeria as a whole
are far better than Adedibu and Uba, right? You got to be kidding. I suppose it was Adedibu
or Uba that was behind the attempt to ram a fuel tanker into INEC's building.

People like Adedibu and Uba were strengthened by OBJ. Adedibu was waning as a force in 1999 when Ige was alive. So the tactics was get rid of Ige and

empower the Amala politician. When a whole president comes to town calling a common rogue the icon of Ibadan politics when he should actually be

using security forces to curtail his activities or lock him in jail but OBJ can't do that because Adedibu was helping him to safeguard ballot boxes in his Molete house.

-
N300Billion given to Anenih for roads
Agreed, the roads are in a sorry state, but I have read where this magical figures you guys
like to brandish about have been de-bunked. What are you claiming, that Anenih pocketed
N300bilion meant for the roads? Do you know how much N300billion is, that's almost $3billion!

Where in my post did you see 300bn point it out!! Then for all the amount govt claimed it spent on roads ypu would wonder if it

Nigerian roads or that of another country cause most roads have not be touched in the last 20 years!!

-The Strength of the Financial Institutions
It may be nonsense to you and millions of Nigerians are living below the poverty line, but
the importance of having strong financial institutions in developing economies can not be
over-emphasized, but you can choose to ignore it. Maybe you don't care if other millions
of Nigerians funds are being trapped in mom and pop banks left and right too.

I repeat what are the use of these institution when we can't afford the basics of life. A father can't provide food, shelter and clothing yet he claims painting

the house was his major achievement.

- Oil windfall in OBJ's time
Nigeria, have been reaping billions these past years on account of the surging oil prices, but
as usual, you guys miraculously like to think as if the only thing that went up was the price of
of the barrel of oil. I suppose the excess billions being earned should be intact since govt is
still paying its top employees N5,000 or N20,000 a year, not millions of Naira a year. The
vehicles being purchased by government is still being bought at about N20,000, not millions
of naira. I also suppose a road or bridge or building that is used to be awarded at a cost of
N5million or N10million whether inflated or not, is still going for that instead of hundreds of
millions or a few billions at that. Ask yourself, how much does it cost to run the house and the
senate, I suppose a couple of millions of naira a year, right? If you remain unimpressed about
the impact of inflation over the years, ask your parents or Uncle how much it cost them to build
a house in the 80s or 90s compared to today.

When a govt has windfall it should reflect in the country at large but in Nigeria windfall coincided with the time we have no functional refinery,

bad road, Black outs all over the country, Unemplyment and untold hardship in the country. The onlt things that work are Bells University, Ota farms e.t.c
Re: Where Is Alh. Atiku Abubakar by McKren(m): 4:17pm On Oct 25, 2007
BigB1

How you think I am typing garbage and then congratulate Olajimi on being "intuitive" sums up what you want to believe.

Its entirely up to you what you choose to believe and I have no problem with that, but what you can't change are the facts on ground.

Olajinmi claims there are no cracks in AC, Abubakar Rimi has changed party from AC to PDP while Lai Mohamed keeps singing everyday how AC will not join GNU and their plans of being the main opposition. Tinubu is romancing Yaradua behind the scenes, Audu Ogbeh is romancing Alex Ekwueme behind the scenes while Atiku is on self imposed exile postponing his return date to Nigeria everyday. yet Prof. Olajinmi thinks there are no cracks in AC.
May be you guys need to define the meaning of cracks to us.

He also likes to fantasize about an immaginary brotherhood that exist between two people who have a court case. Maybe you want Atiku to go to Aso Rock and wage a war against Yaradua before you realise the man Atiku places so much priority on his ambition over brotherhood.

People who their arguments and claims are both inconsistent and spurious keep telling us that we are political neophytes who have no clue what obtains in Nigerian politics merely because we don't buy their idea. Politics of Nigeria must be as complex as complex itself.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Boko Haram Leader's Speech: Translated To English / Is Bishop Mathew Kuka Right About Boko Haram? / Papa Adeboye's Top Man, Pastor Kalejaiye, Drops Bombshell

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 137
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.