Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,256 members, 7,818,876 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:04 AM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (1010) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4443909 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1007) (1008) (1009) (1010) (1011) (1012) (1013) ... (2229) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Lizzyab(f): 10:29pm On Dec 22, 2019
Nigsrdumb:

I had the same issue, I also tried to use TransferWise but they don't allow dollar transactions.

How I solved the issue was simply opening a Dom açcount in Nigeria.. then I used my Dom bank details to send money from my online for instance your Russian account that PayPal pays into.

It's very cheap especially if it's dollar to dollar.

I'm not sure you understood my previous comment.

OMG, I never knew it was possible to do that through my Russian online banking platform!!!!... It was usually required for you to physically come to the bank and manually fill a form to do International transfers... I just logged in to my online banking portal now and meticulously studied all the options.... and just saw INTERNATIONAL MONEY TRANSFER!!!.... I can't wait to try this!!!! I don't know what their commission fees will be like but I know it cannot be higher than what I am paying now!!! Thank you for this insight!!! Nairaland is a GEM!!!!!!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by deleson: 10:58pm On Dec 22, 2019
What platforms do you work on?

If it’s Fiverr or Upwork, you can open a Payoneer account, then link it to a USD domiciliary account from any Nigerian bank.

So, the flow would be Fiverr > Payoneer > Dom Account.

Several other platforms aside Fiverr and Upwork allow Payoneer payment transfer.

Lizzyab:
I currently earn money online in dollars and have it transferred to my naira account but i lose about 20% in transfer fees and I want to diversify my income streams and have non-virtual, tangible sources of income right before me, incase our lovely Government wakes up tomorrow and decides to pass some bill restricting internet access or banning inflow from foreign transfer in to your account (LOL, paranoid but you can't blame me....).... I am also trying to build a virtual product to earn royalties on (ebook, info products).... now something evergreen and tied to daily human needs.... any insight greatly appreciated

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Lizzyab(f): 11:30pm On Dec 22, 2019
emmanuelewumi:

What is the nature of your job? I asked the question, based on your suggestion about mama put. N35,000 every month should be able to give you N420,000 at the end of the year.

What is the interest on fixed deposit?

Customer service rep for a private Taiwanese company that requires fluency in Russian and English, to communicate with customers and their colleagues in other countries

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Lizzyab(f): 11:32pm On Dec 22, 2019
deleson:
What platforms do you work on?

If it’s Fiverr or Upwork, you can open a Payoneer account, then link it to a USD domiciliary account from any Nigerian bank.

So, the flow would be Fiverr > Payoneer > Dom Account.

Several other platforms aside Fiverr and Upwork allow Payoneer payment transfer.

I'm aware of payoneer but it's non of these platforms, It's a private Taiwanese company and their only mode of payment is paypal for foreigners

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by billtommy(m): 11:51pm On Dec 22, 2019
emmanuelewumi:

Banks interest rates for loans, if you want to invest in the real sector is still between 20% and 30% depending on your track record in the business, collateral security and the duration of the loan.

The winners in all these quagmire are the banks, they have mastered the art and science of making money from the Nigerian Economy.

In the next 3 months their financial report will be out for us to see.

To get about 15% and above margin in the next 3 months, consider looking at the shares of the big Banks in Nigeria. Zenith, GTB, Access, UBA and FBN.

Can you put us through the art of buying these shares??
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by henifri: 11:52pm On Dec 22, 2019
You can also use local transfer agents in Moscow to get your funds to Nigeria quickly. about 4-5% charges currently.
Lizzyab:

OMG, I never knew it was possible to do that through my Russian online banking platform!!!!... It was usually required for you to physically come to the bank and manually fill a form to do International transfers... I just logged in to my online banking portal now and meticulously studied all the options.... and just saw INTERNATIONAL MONEY TRANSFER!!!.... I can't wait to try this!!!! I don't know what their commission fees will be like but I know it cannot be higher than what I am paying now!!! Thank you for this insight!!! Nairaland is a GEM!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Lizzyab(f): 11:59pm On Dec 22, 2019
Also, these agric startups with promises of astronomical returns (20%-30% in 6 months).... Which do you know of that are legitimate and running ALREADY and have paid these dividends ALREADY? I KNOW that agriculture and food is a sure banker but which company can be trusted? Because I am yet to understand how I am protected in the event something goes wrong along the way... who will refund me lol? I have also witnessed so many mechanized farms fold up, any leads?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Akin3891: 12:34am On Dec 23, 2019
PuZZyNegro:

Okay, let me quickly explain something here.

Just like you, I decided to do Uber/Bolt/OCar to understand the business model

Within a given week, I lost 10k each to police and airport touts respectively.

I had to stop. The way the business operates, if you are not careful, you may think that you are making money until one thing will come and take away everything that you have worked for.

Go to the Uber thread and read of a guy who recently lost 32,800 to the airport touts. His was high because he was caught in the airport premises.

There was a day I took a rider to Ajao Estate. Trip ended 1k. My exhaust spoilt that I spent about 7k to fix it due to the bad road that I entered.

I'm about fixing my car body with 30k, all thanks to danfo buses that scratched it. Sometimes, a Keke driver would break your side mirror of 18k and run away.

A guy had his back windscreen broken by razz police officers because he refused to allow them way to enter the road.

Now, there are much more that drivers experience on the job.

So, it's not all about the dashboard money, there are more to transportation businesses that the people involve in it can hardly make any tangible investment other than to feed

Hmmm I kuku understand your points n the angle u r coming from, GOD-IS-NO-WHERE is still same as GOD-IS-NOW-HERE, All depends on its pronunciation and your mindset. Bro, making money comes with a task. I guess u are driving a posh car for the ehailing bizz, doesn't work that way, as much as the jobs seems a clean job, it's not, because of our bad roads n the kings of the road(danfos). I'm very used to that uber thread you mentioned, as a matter of fact, I have a different moniker there, just to ask questions as a common hustler , I learnt those dos n don't before embarking on this journey, my learnings from the gurus there taught me where to go n where not, how to make the money ,how to avoid touts,e.t.c ( there is always secrets to every successful biz) .I intend starting the bizz with 2 cars, the popular ones use for the ehailing bizz, i park my fancy car at home, use the regular one to know whatsup, my wife was like,this one doesn't befits you,I say it's just for a while, it's been three weeks of my adventurous driving, money flows but come with hard work. Sometimes ago, I read about a guy here that has 500k but was reluctant to make some vigorous moves,I saw different advices from people to cheer him up, I just laughed it out, this money making thing is more of inwards spirit than physical . If your spirit is not upset with your present situation, don't dream of any progress.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by seyisanya(m): 2:01am On Dec 23, 2019
Sir Aremso, please can u be a bit explicit about the strategy you employ regarding your Zenith bank shares. Please, let me learn from you. Thanks.

aremso:

pls permit me to correct that impression that gain and loose, if you know your onions in this stocks of a thing then u will enjoy your suya. The rule is, know the time to buy and know your exit time by doing so u will not gain15 and loose 12 percen. for example buying zenth at the current price then at least it could give 15 to 20 percent plus margin, when i have met my target what am i waitting for? i bail out from it and re-enter again when the party is over for second 10 percent margin at q2 then finally lock in again in nov-dec for another margin of 3 months. It depends on your risk appetite. CAVEAT EMPTOR
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by damilola1978: 4:50am On Dec 23, 2019
For those considering stock market, listen to Kenny Rogers - The Gambler....it would help alot grin
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by deleson: 8:03am On Dec 23, 2019
Okay then.

There should still be a way to knock it off through dom account. You may have to do some extensive research or experiment.

Best!

Lizzyab:

I'm aware of payoneer but it's non of these platforms, It's a private Taiwanese company and their only mode of payment is paypal for foreigners
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by DaBogu: 8:31am On Dec 23, 2019
This week: Invest

A farmer's harvest is both his food and seed. A farmer who eats his seed will have no future harvest.

Similarly, your salary is meant for both food (expenses) and seed (investments). Eat a portion (food), plant the rest (seed).

Don't eat your seed. Invest- Dr Tayo Oyedeji

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by DaBogu: 8:33am On Dec 23, 2019
Dr. Tayo Oyedeji
@tayooye
3 reasons you should consider building multiple income streams (job loss).

1: You have limited control over your life when your income is tied to a process you don’t control.

Companies go bankrupt, mergers happen, industries die. You don’t control any of these catalysts.

Don't anchor your life to a process you don't control.

2. Job loss happens to both good and bad employees. How will you maintain your lifestyle if it happens to you?

This is important. Being great on the job does not completely immunize you from job loss and the attendant insecurities that follow it.

3. Diversification: Never put all your eggs in any single basket.

I was once advised to resign from a job when I didn't have a second income source.

Trust me, you don't want to experience the anxieties I felt in the aftermath of that job loss.

10 potential side gigs:

1. Online freelancing - upwork, freelancer, Fiverr etc
2. Online/offline sales.
3. Coding.
4. Data analytics
5. Graphic design.
6. Transcription services.
7. Cooking.
8. Seminars/classes.
9. Consulting.
10. Writing

Please feel free to add other side gig ideas to the list.

11. Web design
12. Photography.
13. Music

13 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by healthserve(m): 8:48am On Dec 23, 2019
Akin3891:

Hmmm I kuku understand your points n the angle u r coming from, GOD-IS-NO-WHERE is still same as GOD-IS-NOW-HERE, All depends on its pronunciation and your mindset. Bro, making money comes with a task. I guess u are driving a posh car for the ehailing bizz, doesn't work that way, as much as the jobs seems a clean job, it's not, because of our bad roads n the kings of the road(danfos). I'm very used to that uber thread you mentioned, as a matter of fact, I have a different moniker there, just to ask questions as a common hustler , I learnt those dos n don't before embarking on this journey, my learnings from the gurus there taught me where to go n where not, how to make the money ,how to avoid touts,e.t.c ( there is always secrets to every successful biz) .I intend starting the bizz with 2 cars, the popular ones use for the ehailing bizz, i park my fancy car at home, use the regular one to know whatsup, my wife was like,this one doesn't befits you,I say it's just for a while, it's been three weeks of my adventurous driving, money flows but come with hard work. Sometimes ago, I read about a guy here that has 500k but was reluctant to make some vigorous moves,I saw different advices from people to cheer him up, I just laughed it out, this money making thing is more of inwards spirit than physical . If your spirit is not upset with your present situation, don't dream of any progress.

**** All this money making is more internal/spiritual than physical

**** If your spirit is not upset with your present situation, don't dream of any progress

Allow me highlight these comments of yours for emphasis, also allow me take my hat off, stand up and clap to these sagacious brilliant comments of yours elder.

Respect

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by henifri: 11:35am On Dec 23, 2019
www.wealth.ng a subsidiary of Sankore Investments is currently offering a 1 year treasury bill at 10.5% per annum called 'Wealth Cash'. You can also trade stocks on their website.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 11:57am On Dec 23, 2019
The hunters and opportunist are here banking on the drop in rate to hunt for prey....worst come to worst buy an apartment (rentable and sellable) buy dollars or euros and keep , buy gold .......that my local advice for imvestors .....me self just expanded to 11 plc with only two trucks...cos i dont know the long time effect of dangote refinery but am sure oil and gas down stream will never be same

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Ojix85: 12:08pm On Dec 23, 2019
emmanuelewumi:

Becareful, a lot of predators will soon send private messages to you. You should also continue doing what produced the N12 million.

I will advise you to invest half of the money on FG bonds and remaining half on money market funds, till you have an idea of what you can invest in. At least this will give you about N1million per annum, that is about 83k per month

Good day sir.

Can you kindly advise on the details required to invest in FG Bonds (not FGN Savings)?
What bodies assist individuals in FG Bonds investments?
Could you also help with current rates, minimum capital required etc.? I have checked the CBN website, only to find rates provided from the primary listing.
Is there a thread on FG Bonds as well?

Thanks a million.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Infinitisi(m): 12:28pm On Dec 23, 2019
Ojix85:

Good day sir.

Can you kindly advise on the details required to invest in FG Bonds (not FGN Savings)?
Could you also help with current rates, minimum capital required etc.? I have checked the CBN website, only to find rates provided from the primary listing.

Thanks a million.

https://www.nairaland.com/4524641/bonds-investors-hub/10

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 12:38pm On Dec 23, 2019
Ojix85:

Good day sir.

Thanks a million.

You can invest minimum of N5000 and maximum of N50 million on FG Savings bond.

I will advise you buy through the primary market, you will need to open a stock bring account when you want to buy bonds. Coupons are paid 4 times in a year.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 12:57pm On Dec 23, 2019
billtommy:

Can you put us through the art of buying these shares??

I invest in industries I understand, I also try to monitor the performance of the companies I have invested in, it good to invest in businesses or industries that are growing.

I am more of a cash flow investor, capital appreciation is secondary.

I will use Zenith bank as an example, Zenith is currently N18.00 per, the earning per share of Zenith bank in 2018 was N5.20k. Out of the N5.20k, N2.80k was paid out as dividends. We are left with N2.40k, out of which some will be transferred to the reserve, kept with CBN and also used to expand the business.

If a stock of N18.00 gives a dividend of N2.80k, this will give you a dividend yield of about 14%.

Another interesting fact is that, it is not all the earning that was paid out as dividend. The remaining fund will be ploughed back into the business and will create more wealth to the investors.

In 2006 Zenith had less than 100 branches, but because part of the profits made was ploughed back into the business, they now have about 300 branches.

Investors who earned 70k dividends per share in 2006 now earned N2.80k in 2018, due to the expansion and growth of the business. Dividend quadrupled between 2006 and 2018. This beat inflation and devaluation of our currency.

The most important thing that will determine success is the experience, knowledge and integrity of the business managers and also buying at a good price.

If you over pay for an investment or an asset, it will affect your returns on investment

22 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:15pm On Dec 23, 2019
emmanuelewumi:

I invest in industries I understand, I also try to monitor the performance of the companies I have invested in, it good to invest in businesses or industries that are growing.

I am more of a cash flow investor, capital appreciation is secondary.

I will use Zenith bank as an example, Zenith is currently N18.00 per, the earning per share of Zenith bank in 2018 was N5.20k. Out of the N5.20k, N2.80k was paid out as dividends. We are left with N2.40k, out of which some will be transferred to the reserve, kept with CBN and also used to expand the business.

If a stock of N18.00 gives a dividend of N2.80k, this will give you a dividend yield of about 14%.

Another interesting fact is that, it is not all the earning that was paid out as dividend. The remaining fund will be ploughed back into the business and will create more wealth to the investors.

In 2006 Zenith had less than 100 branches, but because part of the profits made was ploughed back into the business, they now have about 300 branches.

Investors who earned 70k dividends per share in 2006 now earned N2.80k in 2018, due to the expansion and growth of the business. Dividend quadrupled between 2006 and 2018. This beat inflation and devaluation of our currency.

The most important thing that will determine success is the experience, knowledge and integrity of the business managers and also buying at a good price.

If you over pay for an investment or an asset, it will affect your returns on investment

Essentially you are a value investor, it makes sense.

Which brokerage services do you use sir?

Which companies would you recommend to invest in now.

Thanks
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 2:32pm On Dec 23, 2019
Nigsrdumb:

Essentially you are a value investor, it makes sense.

Which brokerage services do you use sir?

Which companies would you recommend to invest in now.

Thanks

I use 4 stock broking houses.

1. FSDH Securities

2. Investment One Stockbrokers

3. United Capital Securities

4. Union Capital Market.

With a minimum of N50,000 you can open an account with Investment One, United Capital and Union Capital Market. Except FSDH Securities which requires a minimum of N5 million.

Dangote cement is currently selling at N140, paid a dividend of N16 last year. If the company pays the same dividend of N16 by April 2020 this will give you a dividend yield of about 11%

We have an infrastructural deficits in the country, government is currently using cements for road constructions, bridges, houses.
Some of the management staff of Dangote cement have increased their shareholdings between last year and now. This shows that they are confident about the growth of the business.

MTN at N105 and below is also okay, you are sure of a minimum dividend of N11. They have also given license to operate a form of banking business for unbanked Nigerians

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by DaBogu: 2:55pm On Dec 23, 2019
emmanuelewumi:

I use 4 stock broking houses.

1. FSDH Securities

2. Investment One Stockbrokers

3. United Capital Securities

4. Union Capital Market.

With a minimum of N50,000 you can open an account with Investment One, United Capital and Union Capital Market. Except FSDH Securities which requires a minimum of N5 million.

Dangote cement is currently selling at N140, paid a dividend of N16 last year. If the company pays the same dividend of N16 by April 2020 this will give you a dividend yield of about 11%

We have an infrastructural deficits in the country, government is currently using cements for road constructions, bridges, houses.
Some of the management staff of Dangote cement have increased their shareholdings between last year and now. This shows that they are confident about the growth of the business.

MTN at N105 and below is also okay, you are sure of a minimum dividend of N11. They have also given license to operate a form of banking business for unbanked Nigerians
The best in my own opinion.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by DaBogu: 2:55pm On Dec 23, 2019
U.S. Treasury Set to Borrow $1 Trillion for a Second Year to Finance the Deficit
The U.S. Treasury Department is set to maintain elevated sales of long-term debt to finance the government’s widening budget deficit, with new issuance projected to top $1 trillion for a second-str...
bloomberg.com
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:59pm On Dec 23, 2019
DaBogu:
U.S. Treasury Set to Borrow $1 Trillion for a Second Year to Finance the Deficit
The U.S. Treasury Department is set to maintain elevated sales of long-term debt to finance the government’s widening budget deficit, with new issuance projected to top $1 trillion for a second-str...
bloomberg.com

rate
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Ibrahim505(m): 4:14pm On Dec 23, 2019
Pls is there any stockbroker that allow their client to solely trade online as in online forex trading?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ezra01(m): 4:31pm On Dec 23, 2019
Lizzyab:

Customer service rep for a private Taiwanese company that requires fluency in Russian and English, to communicate with customers and their colleagues in other countries

please help a brother I will love to learn... please I m not employed I need a hustle.
please help me

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by aremso(m): 5:08pm On Dec 23, 2019
Ibrahim505:
Pls is there any stockbroker that allow their client to solely trade online as in online forex trading?

morgan capital

5 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by titilope07: 6:41pm On Dec 23, 2019
Ibrahim505:
Stanbic ibtc stockbroker

5 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 7:04pm On Dec 23, 2019
titilope07:
Stanbic ibtc stockbroker

He will need a minimum of N5 million to open an account with them
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 7:08pm On Dec 23, 2019
Ibrahim505:

There are many of them. Have you mastered your emotions? They are addictive? You can't time the market? Can you control your itchy fingers.

If you are not careful, you will end up making money for the broker, rather than for yourself.

Anyway, I am not trying to discourage you.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:24pm On Dec 23, 2019
emmanuelewumi:

He will need a minimum of N5 million to open an account with them
Exactly what they told me before I ran away grin
All my FG savings bond are with them though.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1007) (1008) (1009) (1010) (1011) (1012) (1013) ... (2229) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

Viewing this topic: Fantome and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.