Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,309 members, 7,836,348 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:51 AM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (1012) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4467598 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1009) (1010) (1011) (1012) (1013) (1014) (1015) ... (2234) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Quorax: 8:13am On Dec 25, 2019
Iwanttoto:

Your statement does not hold water. Invest according to your risk appetite. There is nothing wrong with giving money to companies or individuals to do business for you as long as due diligence has been done.
Go and read the book called the richest man in Babylon(5 laws of Gold) . You do not create wealth by keeping your money, you create wealth by taking risks with it. Thousands of Nigerians have lost their money and millions of Nigerians have also multiplied their money through this method. People will always loose money while others will also make money. Nobody can create wealth without losing wealth initially.

Not in this Nigeria. I repeat not in this Nigeria where we have vultures everywhere.

I will not advise anyone to try it. How did MMM do it, how did other investment programs do it?

Everyone is different sha but I don't gamble with my money that way. Except you are dealing with a company that has been in existence for more than a decade or close to...with verifiable track record.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Iwanttoto: 8:40am On Dec 25, 2019
Quorax:

Not in this Nigeria. I repeat not in this Nigeria where we have vultures everywhere.

I will not advise anyone to try it. How did MMM do it, how did other investment programs do it?

Everyone is different sha but I don't gamble with my money that way. Except you are dealing with a company that has been in existence for more than a decade or close to...with verifiable track record.

You are absolutely not getting my point and u r arguing off the matter at hand.
How is mmm related to farmcrowdy, thrive agric or any other Nigerian company on whom due diligence has been done and found worthy of putting one's money into?

If you don't feel safe taking risks with your money then you shouldn't even be on treasury bills thread cos even though treasury bill has little risk, it is still being managed by the same Nigerian companies you are trying so hard to pour aspersions on but unfortunately you are doing a bad job about it.

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:53am On Dec 25, 2019
Quorax:

How is MMM an investment??
What other investment programs ??
Ponzi schemes are what this guy is referring to as investment programs .
Greedy mfs looking for 30% in a month.

4 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by zamirikpo(m): 11:48am On Dec 25, 2019
A VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL MY TB HOUSEMATES.

MAY THE JOY THAT HIS BIRTH BRINGS BREED MORE LIFE AND PROSPERITY TO US ALL IJN.

AMEN.

10 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Adiwana: 11:52am On Dec 25, 2019
seyisanya:
I doubt if stock is in the same class/category as Forex and Crypto. Stock, particularly stock investing not trading, is a form of investment. I stand to be corrected.

[/b]Edit: Maybe better put as long-term investing in dividend-paying stock is a form of investment.[b]

They are all the same.You are buying something,holding for higher value and selling to make profit. The difference between all of them is level of volatility.

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Adiwana: 11:58am On Dec 25, 2019
emmanuelewumi:

You also need to consider the probability of succeeding and the percentage of participants who are successful and have been consistent with their success in that investment.

Most of the people marketing forex trading investments make money organising forex trading trainings and seminars than from the forex trading itself.

In wealth building, slow but steady wins the race most of the cases

If everybody succeeds,then there is no way money can be made from such platforms because 10% that allegedly succeeds need the remaining 90% to fail to make money. Remember that its a 2-way handshake thing. There's no CBN or anything like that where the money is harvested from. You are simply making money because someone is losing it.

On the other hand you're on point here.Those folks make their money through seminars.They are just like the internet market guys who don't even make their money through internet marketing but through ebooks

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Adiwana: 12:05pm On Dec 25, 2019
Phyde:

Let me not talk about Binary Option and the high risk involved grin but you if you understand the candles pattern and subdue your emotions. You will be in daily profits.

Yea,you are absolutely spot on.Greed is a major challenge and anybody that masters how to subdue it would have solved half of his problems

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by OgogoroFreak(m): 12:17pm On Dec 25, 2019
Adiwana:

If everybody succeeds,then there is no way money can be made from such platforms because 10% that allegedly succeeds need the remaining 90% to fail to make money. Remember that its a 2-way handshake thing. There's no CBN or anything like that where the money is harvested from. You are simply making money because someone is losing it.

On the other hand you're on point here.Those folks make their money through seminars.They are just like the internet market guys who don't even make their money through internet marketing but through ebooks
Na so. Even the writer of the book "Rich dad, Poor dad" a book teaching about making money but he only actually made money by selling this book. The stories in the book are fiction.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 12:30pm On Dec 25, 2019
Adiwana:

80% of real estate investors will make money on the long run, 80% of value investors in the stock market will make money on the long run.

Warren Buffet a disciple of Benjamin Graham value investing is the most consistent member of the forbe list. He has been on the top 100 of the list for more than 20 years.

Any Investment that involves others to fail or lose for me to make money, is a no no for me. I see that as more of a scam or bubble creation

Wealth creation should be a win win for everyone.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 12:32pm On Dec 25, 2019
OgogoroFreak:
Na so. Even the writer of the book "Rich dad, Poor dad" a book teaching about making money but he only actually made money by selling this book. The stories in the book was a fiction.

He is a scam. What is the end of Robert Kiyosaki?

I don't have him as a role model or mentor

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 12:34pm On Dec 25, 2019
Adiwana:

They are all the same.You are buying something,holding for higher value and selling to make profit. The difference between all of them is level of volatility.

I think you have a very limited knowledge of the market and value investing, there are stocks I have not sold in 20 years and the dividend is currently higher than the fund committed to the investment.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Adiwana: 12:36pm On Dec 25, 2019
OgogoroFreak:
Na so. Even the writer of the book "Rich dad, Poor dad" a book teaching about making money but he only actually made money by selling this book. The stories in the book was a fiction.

That's the oldest trick in the book.Read a publication earlier this year where the guy was saying that the easiest thing to sell especially on the internet was how to make money.People will always fall for that trick.

Many internet marketers for example will simply sell a story of how to make money on internet through affiliate links by simply referring and getting hundreds of dollars worth of commissions.But they will never they tell you that getting people to buy the product which produces the commission is the hardest part.They simply do not include those parts in their ebboks or videos because they themselves don't know how to do it.smh

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 12:36pm On Dec 25, 2019
Today is Christmas, let us suspend discussions on money, finance, business and investment till Friday 27th December 2020.

Shall we?

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by INFOTECH2: 12:37pm On Dec 25, 2019
rationalmind:

I have never met anyone who has anything good to say after giving out a vehicle, keke or Okada for transport on HP. Never. They all come back with the same story, it's only profitable if you're riding/driving yourself

All the same, I'm giving him benefit of the doubt. It's why I'll like to have his feedback one year later. grin

You will meet one today.

Almost 11 years ago I ventured into this business, bought a bike and gave it out on HP for a year. I got my capital and interest in about 16months.

This was because the mallam traveled in between the period. There were times that he had police issues but he resolved all on his own.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Adiwana: 12:46pm On Dec 25, 2019
emmanuelewumi:

I think you have a very limited knowledge of the market and value investing, there are stocks I have not sold in 20 years and the dividend is currently higher than the fund committed to the investment.

But at the end of the day,you may still decide to sell the stocks and make profit from what you bought years ago.Am saying its the same principle that guides all of them just that stock is on the safe side. I have FBN stock that's 15yrs+ and I don't even know what's the current value is now
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by OgogoroFreak(m): 12:50pm On Dec 25, 2019
emmanuelewumi:

He is a scam. What is the end of Robert Kiyosaki?

I don't have him as a role model or mentor
That's how a man was trying to sell a book (Millionaire in six weeks) to me in traffic. I ask him the content of the book and he said, the book teaches deep secrets about money making, armed with these secrets, you'll become a millionaire in a very short time. Lol grin

I asked if he has read the book and he said, yes, he has read the book from cover to cover. lipsrsealed

Dude! Why are you here in this hot sun selling this ₦300 book after reading it? A millionaire would not do that.

Oya, Oga take handkerchief clean your face. Try the next car whether them go buy your book. I no buy. No vex abeg

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:44pm On Dec 25, 2019
Adiwana:

That's the oldest trick in the book.Read a publication earlier this year where the guy was saying that the easiest thing to sell especially on the internet was how to make money.People will always fall for that trick.

Many internet marketers for example will simply sell a story of how to make money on internet through affiliate links by simply referring and getting hundreds of dollars worth of commissions.But they will never they tell you that getting people to buy the product which produces the commission is the hardest part.They simply do not include those parts in their ebboks or videos because they themselves don't know how to do it.smh
As the old adage goes, "those who can, DO, while those who can't, TEACH!!" grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ibechris(m): 2:50pm On Dec 25, 2019
OgogoroFreak:

The story was not a fiction I chose to disagree with u...it was more practical and real. Example,was the part where he and Mike learnt how to work without money from his rich dad and where he sat with many of his rich dad's accountant.
The problem generally is that,what makes him rich might make another poor just like we used to say,invest based on ur risk appetite.
And he further warned in his book that most of writings might not be generic; basing it on the law governing countries other the united states of America.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 2:59pm On Dec 25, 2019
ibechris:

The story was not a fiction I chose to disagree with u...it was more practical than and real. Example,was the part where he and Mike learnt how to work without money from his rich dad and where he sat with many of his rich dad's accountant.

It is a fiction. But the guy is a good story teller. He made the fiction to appear real.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by OgogoroFreak(m): 3:52pm On Dec 25, 2019
ibechris:

The story was not a fiction I chose to disagree with u...it was more practical and real. Example,was the part where he and Mike learnt how to work without money from his rich dad and where he sat with many of his rich dad's accountant.
The problem generally is that,what makes him rich might make another poor just like we used to say,invest based on ur risk appetite.
And he further warned in his book that most of writings might not be generic; basing it on the law governing countries other the united states of America.
Something that is practical can't be a fiction? He never had a rich dad and a poor dad.

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by seyisanya(m): 3:59pm On Dec 25, 2019
You meant ...losing money initially...Right?
Iwanttoto:

Your statement does not hold water. Invest according to your risk appetite. There is nothing wrong with giving money to companies or individuals to do business for you as long as due diligence has been done.
Go and read the book called the richest man in Babylon(5 laws of Gold) . You do not create wealth by keeping your money, you create wealth by taking risks with it. Thousands of Nigerians have lost their money and millions of Nigerians have also multiplied their money through this method. People will always loose money while others will also make money. Nobody can create wealth without losing wealth initially.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by seyisanya(m): 4:07pm On Dec 25, 2019
Spot on, sir.

If one should go by @Adwana's submission then MMM(Ponzi scheme) would qualify as a form of investment which, of course, is not.

emmanuelewumi:

80% of real estate investors will make money on the long run, 80% of value investors in the stock market will make money on the long run.

Warren Buffet a disciple of Benjamin Graham value investing is the most consistent member of the forbe list. He has been on the top 100 of the list for more than 20 years.

Any Investment that involves others to fail or lose for me to make money, is a no no for me. I see that as more of a scam or bubble creation

Wealth creation should be a win win for everyone.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by seyisanya(m): 4:08pm On Dec 25, 2019
I beg to differ!

Adiwana:

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by seyisanya(m): 4:12pm On Dec 25, 2019
Your mallam was clearly an outlier. Very many people always have a sad story to tell. Trust me!

INFOTECH2:

You will meet one today.

Almost 11 years ago I ventured into this business, bought a bike and gave it out on HP for a year. I got my capital and interest in about 16months.

This was because the mallam traveled in between the period. There were times that he had police issues but he resolved all on his own.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by kryptem: 4:29pm On Dec 25, 2019
Today marks yet another remembrance of the very day God invested Chris into the world and the returns have been astronomical and phenomenal over the years.
While you Merry this season, don't forget to carry out retrospection and introspection and make a move that will announce you from generation to generation!
MERRY CHRISTMAS ALL!!!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Bugatie(m): 6:35pm On Dec 25, 2019
Wonderful people, great minds.... merry Christmas everyone

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by missjekyll: 10:20pm On Dec 25, 2019
[color=#990000][/color] grin Merry Christmas and God bless us Everyone!

please post pictures of xmas chicken as some of us are at work. Tankio
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by odimbannamdi(m): 11:00am On Dec 26, 2019
NicoKator:

Check my signature and mail

I sent you a mail
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by meshpips(m): 11:13am On Dec 26, 2019
Greetings everyone,

please I have a few questions which I hope someone here will be kind enough to provide answers to:

1. What was the best rate on Treasury Bills for the out - going year (2019).

2. What is the current inlation rate in Nigeria.

3. Would there be any difference between FX and stocks trading if I completely removed LEVERAGE from my FX trading account?

I kindly await answers from the good people on this thread.

Thank you all.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by meshpips(m): 11:26am On Dec 26, 2019
emmanuelewumi:

Sir,

money has a time value.

Let's say you invested 1 million Naira 20 years ago, you certainly should not be talking about the same amount 20 years after.

If nothing else has happened, INFLATION has devalued your original invest.

So I recommend that you find the FUTURE SUM of 1 million Naira compounded yearly by the AVERAGE inflation rate over the past 20 years and kindly tell us what that amounts to.

1 million Naira twenty years ago CERTAINLY has far more purchasing power than 1 million naira twenty years after.

Please let's stop playing by old rules!

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Anniie4u: 11:41am On Dec 26, 2019
meshpips:

Sir,

money has a time value.

Let's say you invested 1 million Naira 20 years ago, you certainly should not be talking about the same amount 20 years after.

If nothing else has happened, INFLATION has devalued your original invest.

So I recommend that you find the FUTURE SUM of 1 million Naira compounded yearly by the AVERAGE inflation rate over the past 20 years and kindly tell us what that amounts to.

1 million Naira twenty years ago CERTAINLY has far more purchasing power than 1 million naira twenty years after.

Please let's stop playing by old rules!

You are creating problems that are not originally their and solving them.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1009) (1010) (1011) (1012) (1013) (1014) (1015) ... (2234) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

Viewing this topic: Rizin and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.