Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,339 members, 7,815,672 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:19 PM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (1032) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4437097 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1029) (1030) (1031) (1032) (1033) (1034) (1035) ... (2228) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 7:21pm On Jan 05, 2020
Adiwana:

Thanks for the info.Am also looking at the 2037 govt bond but have no idea about that. I may forgo the house and go straight for that bond with 40m next year but my problem is that i dont know if i can be able to subscribe and even if i would,how much percentage would i be getting??

What is the rate for the bond. You should be able to buy from the secondary, FG bonds give higher rates compared to FG savings bonds
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Adiwana: 7:31pm On Jan 05, 2020
emmanuelewumi:

What is the rate for the bond. You should be able to buy from the secondary, FG bonds give higher rates compared to FG savings bonds

The coupon rate is 16.25% and yield is 14.29%. If i purchase this bond with 40m, please what am i going to be getting annually??
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Akin3891: 7:55pm On Jan 05, 2020
ahiboilandgas:
Nice 700k x 8 apartments

Ahib... u n this your properties things, lol. I'm sure you are seceretly preserving your *major* capitals via bonds n likes,n not investing much of it in real estate. Real Estate is cool until you experience tenants from hell, some of us here have got some properties that bring yearly returns ,hence we just need steady gains from TBs,bond etc to balance the equation. You've got a positive vibes that I like

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 8:14pm On Jan 05, 2020
Akin3891:

Ahib... u n this your properties things, lol. I'm sure you are seceretly preserving your *major* capitals via bonds n likes,n not investing much of it in real estate. Real Estate is cool until you experience tenants from hell, some of us here have got some properties that bring yearly returns ,hence we just need steady gains from TBs,bond etc to balance the equation. You've got a positive vibes that I like
am not really a fan of property just for investors that dont really have space to expand

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 8:15pm On Jan 05, 2020
Adiwana:

The coupon rate is 16.25% and yield is 14.29%. If i purchase this bond with 40m, please what am i going to be getting annually??

You are buying at a premium you will get N5.7 million annually.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Akin3891: 8:37pm On Jan 05, 2020
emmanuelewumi:

How can one buy into FG bonds? I understand that it takes minimum of 50m to buy, but how can one go about it. I also understand that interest is biannual , can one buy via investment house like fbn quest?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Gavrelino123: 8:42pm On Jan 05, 2020
Greetings Everyone,
Happy new year to you all..
it's been a while i visited this great thread.
Money Markets and Capital Markets are Erratic in nature.
But with the recent drastic crash in TB,i will advise all Financial investors who are not very well inclined in REAL BUSINESS INVESTMENT to temporarily invest their funds in FIXED/TIME DEPOSITS or MMF in other to reduce the pressure of investing wrongly..
Even if the FD or MMF rates are quite low,one should just have in mind that it's a temporary occurrence.

Also,one should also have an active domiciliary account because of the Erratic nature of Naira as against the USD and other foreign currencies.

Make sure your Capital is PRESERVED..

God Bless Us All...

8 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 8:54pm On Jan 05, 2020
Akin3891:

How can one buy into FG bonds? I understand that it takes minimum of 50m to buy, but how can one go about it. I also understand that interest is biannual , can one buy via investment house like fbn quest?

If you have up to N20 million you can buy FG bonds in the secondary market

You can buy through your Stockbroker.

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by iyke3g(m): 10:05pm On Jan 05, 2020
undecided
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by aremso(m): 10:11pm On Jan 05, 2020
DigitalMallam:

Advise noted.
But will NEVER put a kobo into Nigerian stock.
Some of the scenario you painted above: a PFA that bought a share for N140 got dividend of N3 consecutively for the stipulated 5yrs = N15 gain and lost N90/share is that a good / viable venture?
Let me reiterate, I'm sticking to what I can understand with proven track record, things one can analyse with available data and predictive analysis and not a lottery/gambling - 'maifada da chikawa'
On a lighter note - I love beer.

pls dont put it since you dont really know how it works else, you loose your money!
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by needful: 10:33pm On Jan 05, 2020
Adiwana:

Hello,which bond currently offers this?? Can the interest be compounded??

Federal govt Bond with stanbic stock brokers or stanbic bank. Infact u can get it from any of the approved investment house but avoid afri invest because their fee is outrageous.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by isangjohnson: 11:04pm On Jan 05, 2020
Please what is the risk level of FBN Asset Management and FSDH Asset Management compare to TB?
Does it quarantee capital PRESERVATION?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by richforever123: 11:17pm On Jan 05, 2020
isangjohnson:
Please what is the risk level of FBN Asset Management and FSDH Asset Management compare to TB?
Does it quarantee capital PRESERVATION?

According to them, your capital is preserved, Tb is safer
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by richforever123: 11:18pm On Jan 05, 2020
The ongoing crises between US and Iran has increased the price of oil which is good for the Naira
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by delawal: 12:09am On Jan 06, 2020
richforever123:
The ongoing crises between US and Iran has increased the price of oil which is good for the Naira
yes. it all depends on d manager which is buhari. it won't have effect under a naiave manager like him

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Guestuser: 12:17am On Jan 06, 2020
delawal:

yes. it all depends on d manager which is buhari. it won't have effect under a naiave manager like him
Lame
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by needful: 12:33am On Jan 06, 2020
emmanuelewumi:
N25 million will buy you 5,800,000 of UPDC REIT and will give you an income of N3.3 million by October 2020.

Google UPDC REIT they have investments in a number of highbrow property valued at over N30 billion and also have over N5 billion of part of the rent collected over the years invested in highly liquid assets suchTreasury Bills, money market funds, commercial papers, FG bonds, State bonds and corporate bonds

I have been online trying to discover what they do but couldn't succeed. Is this some kind of shares or real estate investment Sir?

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by delawal: 12:47am On Jan 06, 2020
Guestuser:

Lame
keep saying lame. one incoherent policy from ur man buhari will overturn all gains from d oil price rise

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 3:18am On Jan 06, 2020
needful:

I have been online trying to discover what they do but couldn't succeed. Is this some kind of shares or real estate investment Sir?

UPDC REIT is UACN Property Development Company Real Estate Investment Trust. They built and own highbrow commercial, Industrial and residential real estate portfolio in Lagos, Port Harcourt, Abuja, Aba.
They owned the property to collect rental income from the property. The fund manager of UPDC REIT is FSDH Asset Management. The company got over N1.5 billion as rent in 2018 and got about N600 million as interest on their money market Investment .

The company is planning to build a hostel at Lagos Business School. They also own the biggest Warehouse in Aba. They also own the property where we have the office KPMG in Victoria Island Lagos.

9 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by damilola1978: 4:47am On Jan 06, 2020
emmanuelewumi:

If you have up to N20 million you can buy FG bonds in the secondary market

You can buy through your Stockbroker.
what of 10m...what are the interest rates like and how is the payout period like
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:04am On Jan 06, 2020
ahiboilandgas:
put it here ....mulitples 2 bedroom @650 k .....total investment 57 million ,8 flats rents 5.2m .caution fees 800k , agreemnents 800k ..6.8m above emefeles 5 percents by 100 percent ...then the hidden property appreciation may be 5 percent per anum...real rate of return will be 12 +5 = 17 percent ....betting inflation hand down .....since rent is paid at the beginning of term the real rate is above 8

Location?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 5:09am On Jan 06, 2020
damilola1978:
what of 10m...what are the interest rates like and how is the payout period like

Find out from your stock broker

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by damilola1978: 5:21am On Jan 06, 2020
emmanuelewumi:

Find out from your stock broker
unfortunately I dont have one, can you help?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by isangjohnson: 6:18am On Jan 06, 2020
Has anyone here ever invested in FBN Fixed Income Fund?
Please I need information regarding its operation with risk level and capital preservation.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by unite4real: 6:51am On Jan 06, 2020
richforever123:

Sadly, as long as we still import larger portion of refined petroleum products, the import bill will increase to eat up the gains.

We would have maximised our gain if our refineries were working in perfect condition and meeting all our consumption demand. Unfortunately that is not the case.

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by DaBogu: 7:51am On Jan 06, 2020
emmanuelewumi:

UPDC REIT is UACN Property Development Company Real Estate Investment Trust. They built and own highbrow commercial, Industrial and residential real estate portfolio in Lagos, Port Harcourt, Abuja, Aba.
They owned the property to collect rental income from the property. The fund manager of UPDC REIT is FSDH Asset Management. The company got over N1.5 billion as rent in 2018 and got about N600 million as interest on their money market Investment .

The company is planning to build a hostel at Lagos Business School. They also own the biggest Warehouse in Aba. They also own the property where we have the office KPMG in Victoria Island Lagos.

@ Abayode cole, KPMG own that building, because it houses ONLY KPMG no other company
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 8:11am On Jan 06, 2020
DaBogu:
@ Abayode cole, KPMG own that building, because it houses ONLY KPMG no other company

It does not matter, most auditing firms prefer renting their offices, just like some Treasury Bill investors who are tenants but have money that can buy houses invested in TB

As big as MTN is making profit after tax of over N200 billion in a year, they are tenants in the property where their head office is located

Oando was also a tenant in their former head office on Ajose Adeogun

7 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by jossy26: 8:24am On Jan 06, 2020
emmanuelewumi:

It does not matter, most auditing firms prefer renting their offices, just like some Treasury Bill investors who are tenants but have money that can buy houses invested in TB

As big as MTN is making profit after tax of over N200 billion in a year, they are tenants in the property where there head office is located

Oando was also a tenant in their former head office on Ajose Adeogun

Even Total is a tenant in Eko hotel towers

8 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:29am On Jan 06, 2020
jossy26:

Even Total is a tenant in Eko hotel towers

Exxonmobil is a tenant at mobil house

9 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Pascopele: 8:37am On Jan 06, 2020
shocked shocked shocked shocked
Barrytone:

Exxonmobil is a tenant at mobil house
what?

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Adiwana: 8:38am On Jan 06, 2020
emmanuelewumi:

Bro,thanks for your vast knowledge. You're really a gem.Na people like you suppose dey lead the economic sector of this country

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (1029) (1030) (1031) (1032) (1033) (1034) (1035) ... (2228) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

Viewing this topic: 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.