Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,755 members, 7,817,088 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:21 AM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (1118) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4439999 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1115) (1116) (1117) (1118) (1119) (1120) (1121) ... (2229) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by OgogoroFreak(m): 1:14pm On Apr 03, 2020
ahiboilandgas:
Persons wanting to invest in property should wait a little,let the full weight of the global recession hit the system in next two months ....then cash is king....a 100m house might go for 60m....first hand lession from 2008 melt down
already bought about 22M worth of bitcoin when price for 1btc fell to about $5,000. Currently, 1btc is worth $7,000. I was able to jump the Naira devaluation with this. Hoping 1btc would now rise to $10,000 after all these wahala before I sell it off. That would be about 45M

14 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 1:21pm On Apr 03, 2020
ukay2:

When is this OPEC meeting?

Thanks
according to sec gen max second week of april ....trump has called both Saudi and putin , the saudi has called for emergency meeting ....non opec memeber are also willing to cut
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by RedCandy: 1:24pm On Apr 03, 2020
Please elders in the house what does repayment after renewal of TD mean? I keep getting credit alerts every month from UBA with this description. Please who knows what it means?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 1:24pm On Apr 03, 2020
emmanuelewumi:

Since most of the houses are overpriced, considering the current recession in the country rental income from Investment property might not be forthcoming except if you want to live in the house.
the rental income is not the main target....the speculating tendency when economy improve thats the main target

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by 9jatriot(m): 1:26pm On Apr 03, 2020
Wait o, you carry money wen pass 100k buy bitcoin when non de reliable? Like seriously. Are you sure of this your risk? 22M?
OgogoroFreak:
already bought about 22M worth of bitcoin when price for 1btc fell to about $5,000. Currently, 1btc is worth $7,000. I was able to jump the Naira devaluation with this. Hoping 1btc would now rise to $10,000 after all these wahala before I sell it off. That would be about 45M

4 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 1:29pm On Apr 03, 2020
OgogoroFreak:
choi....i really dont know bitcoin things ....advoid estate developers it already over priced if u intend to sell for higher profit....no narrow down to only lekki /ajah area ...look around surulere, gbagada, alaka
..a stand alone
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by OgogoroFreak(m): 1:35pm On Apr 03, 2020
9jatriot:
Wait o, you carry money wen pass 100k buy bitcoin when non de reliable? Like seriously. Are you sure of this your risk? 22M?
Bro, it's very risky, yes cos it's volatile but I have made serious money on bitcoin before so I'm not too worried about losing. Afterall, I will only be losing some part of what I have made in the past.

I still remember clearly when 1btc was only worth 0.1 USD. Today 1btc is worth $7,000. Sometimes last year it even rose to $14,000 if I'm not mistaking.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Leezah(f): 2:01pm On Apr 03, 2020
*Economic Info Report*

The IMF officially green-lighted the acceptance of China’s currency – the Yuan – into the IMF’s foreign exchange basket. According to Reuters, this move paves the way for the IMF to place the yuan on a par with the US dollar. This is the latest in a series of global developments that threatens to eliminate the US dollar as the world’s reserve currency.

Experts predict this announcement will trigger one of the most profound transfers of wealth in our lifetime. So if you want to protect your savings & retirement, you better get your money out of US dollar investments and into the one asset class that rises as currencies collapse.

*The IMF Holds Supreme Power*

The International Monetary Fund, or IMF, is one of the most secretive and powerful organizations in the world. They monitor the financial health of more than 185 countries. They establish global money rules and provide “bail-out” assistance to bankrupt nations. Some are warning that any move by the IMF to supplant the US dollar could be catastrophic to American investments.

And now, the IMF has made the first move. As reported by The Wall Street Journal, the IMF officially green-lighted the acceptance of China’s currency – the Yuan – into the IMF’s foreign exchange basket. This marks the first time in history the IMF has expanded the number of currencies in the foreign exchange basket. This means that the Chinese currency will now become a viable global alternative to the US dollar.

According to Juan Zarate, who helped implement financial sanctions while serving in George W. Bush’s Treasury department, “Once the [other currency] becomes an alternative to the dollar, rules of the game begin to change.”

Leong Sing Chiong, Assistant Managing Director at a major central bank, said this dollar alternative “is likely to transform the financial landscape in the next 5-10 years.”

Currency expert Dr. Steve Sjuggerud warned, “I’ve been active in the markets for over two decades now, but I’ve never seen anything that could move so much money, so quickly. The announcement will start a domino effect, that will basically determine who in America gets rich in the years to come, and
who struggles.

Dr. Sjuggerud says if you own any US “paper” assets - and that includes stocks, bonds, or just cash in a bank account – you should be aware of what’s about to happen and know how to prepare. A number of experts believe a recent spike in gold and silver prices is a direct result of the IMF’s action. Precious metals notoriously rise when the US dollar falls.

*The Death of the US Dollar in One Frightening Graph*

For the last 600 years, there have been six different global reserve currencies controlled by world superpowers. The latest – the US dollar – has dominated world currency for over 80 years. The alarming fact is, global reserve currencies have collapsed every 80-90 years for the last six centuries! What does this mean for America and the dominance of the US dollar? Based on recent evidence and long-standing historical trends, experts predict the imminent collapse of the US dollar! What’s more alarming? Many Americans aren’t yet doing the one thing that will save their savings & retirement from US dollar collapse.

Just take a look at the graph below. It shows the lifespan of dominant currencies going back 600 years. Notice that the US dollar has now been the dominant currency for 88 years, about the same length of time as its predecessors.

It’s obvious why experts say that the US dollar’s days as the world’s reserve currency are coming to a climactic end.

*All Fiat Currencies Collapse*

“Fiat” currency is paper currency backed by nothing tangible. As opposed to “sound money” which is backed by gold or some other valuable commodity, a fiat currency is backed by nothing more than faith in the government. The US dollar has been a fiat currency since Nixon closed the gold window in 1971 in what was the greatest heist in American history. The scary fact is, the average life span of a fiat currency is 40 years, and the US dollar has now exceeded 40 years as a fiat currency!

Prior to 1933 and for well over 100 years, the dollar was backed by gold, and $20 bought you an ounce of gold. But after the government stole all US citizens’ gold in 1933 for a $20 paper certificate, gold was revalued at US$35, meaning the dollar was devalued by 43% overnight and all foreign and domestic holders of dollars were effectively robbed.

After Nixon closed the gold window completely in 1971, it took $67 to buy an ounce of gold, devaluing the US dollar by 50% again. Today, it takes well over a thousand US dollars to buy that same ounce of gold. Why? Because the US dollar is now nothing more than a fast declining Federal Reserve note backed by a corrupt government that is saddled with $18 trillion in unpayable debt — growing by $10 million per minute!

*Protect Yourself Before It’s Too Late*

This “Paper Money Experiment” has run its course. The Federal Reserve, the US government, and Wall Street crooks have misused their power by
mismanaging the dollar, and now there are global repercussions. The debt load sitting on top of the US dollar is unsustainable and will continue to crush the dollar’s purchasing power until no one wants to hold US dollars, and they are _no longer_ accepted for global trade. The dollar’s collapse means that every single one of your paper investments that are dollar-backed – stocks, mutual funds, money markets, cash accounts, etc – will go down right along with the dollar! Meanwhile, the government and the banks will find a way to protect themselves at your expense ... !!

So as we say goodbye to the U.S. dollar’s dominance, it doesn’t have to mean goodbye to your savings & retirement. Remove at least some of your savings & retirement from the dollar-backed, paper-based financial system and protect it with the one asset that has outlasted every fiat currency ever invented before the last 5,000 years: *Gold.*

*The above must be read by everyone in preparedness to change in world economy ...*

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 2:06pm On Apr 03, 2020
ahiboilandgas:
the rental income is not the main target....the speculating tendency when economy improve thats the main target

So you are a speculator?

The current recession will be worse than what was experienced in 2016, hopefully thing will start longing up for some sectors of the economy from the third and fourth quarters.

By second quarter of 2021 we should be out of this recession.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 2:20pm On Apr 03, 2020
emmanuelewumi:

So you are a speculator?

The current recession will be worse than what was experienced in 2016, hopefully thing will start longing up for some sectors of the economy from the third and fourth quarters.

By second quarter of 2021 we should be out of this recession.
no
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by lizdammy: 2:32pm On Apr 03, 2020
ojesymsym:
Ironically, although I haven't tried using it this way, Transferwise is able to transfer from one currency to another, that should imply that you can transfer from naira to USD. I know you can put your bank details in the platform and use it to transfer with one currency and receive with another currency. I just used mine to transfer from a USD account direct into my naira account, cutting out the need for exchangers.
I suggest you do not do your 50k at once. $10 is what I think will trigger CBN and EFCC.

How did you get USD account on transferwise?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by mymadam(m): 2:56pm On Apr 03, 2020
ahiboilandgas:
according to sec gen max second week of april ....trump has called both Saudi and putin , the saudi has called for emergency meeting ....non opec memeber are also willing to cut

April 06, 2020 - It's gonna be a virtual (video) meeting.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by kristien4(m): 3:29pm On Apr 03, 2020
OgogoroFreak:
Do you have a legit bitcoin seller I can buy from?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by careerwoman(f): 3:43pm On Apr 03, 2020
ahiboilandgas:
wait a little for the opec meeting if the global cut of 15m barrel happen and bring in a swing in crude price ....u might take a loss if u buy dollars above 380...the cbn defending power is there .....their is build up demand after covid crisis .....better spread your asset base 2k dollars in dorm accounts @380 max , 380k in zenith share @10 naira , 380k in treasury bills ,380k in saving in gt at 4.2 percent ....u will be protected by God grace ( cos he the master planner)

Thank you for this golden advice. I’ll wait a little and see what happens after the meeting. Zenith share seems like a good stock to buy? I have a GT account but it’s my spending account. I save in my FBN savings account. Please, how much is FBN savings account interest?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 3:50pm On Apr 03, 2020
careerwoman:

Thank you for this golden advice. I’ll wait a little and see what happens after the meeting. Zenith share seems like a good stock to buy? I have a GT account but it’s my spending account. I save in my FBN savings account. Please, how much is FBN savings account interest?
dont know i turn my fbn to expense accounts
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ositadima1(m): 4:08pm On Apr 03, 2020
damilola1978:
oh more like fixed deposit

I got alert this afternoon, I hope you have seen urs. The rate was 3.8% for 364 days.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by articlewriter: 4:36pm On Apr 03, 2020
ositadima1:

I got alert this afternoon, I hope you have seen urs. The rate was 3.8% for 364 days.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by careerwoman(f): 4:39pm On Apr 03, 2020
ahiboilandgas:
dont know i turn my fbn to expense accounts

Okay, Thank you.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Diyke4rich: 5:03pm On Apr 03, 2020
TotoNaRubber:
Guys sorry to derail but been thinking of securing a property/poperties in Lekki as a hedge against the Nigerian government doing vumm wonders with unending sale of debt instruments.

Here are my questions.;
1. Does anyone know how the location of ikota Lekki phase 1, is it far from Elegushi beach?
2. Is there any house agent here that can get a similar property below at a better price.
3. Is it a good idea to buy such properties?
4. Any unforseen risks of buying and owning such?..

The house and land ae sold by estate agents so the buyer pays, signs the documents and receives his house keys.
Thanks

I Will not advice you to buy it, I own a house at ikota villa estate to rent the house out are problem atime, when the tenant move out they leave a lot of damages I Will advice you to go for blocks of flat in mainland.

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by janga(m): 5:04pm On Apr 03, 2020
i tried to submit standing order for GT-target Acct on GTB internet Bank but its showing the maximum is 1millions Naira, is this really same to everybody?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by janga(m): 5:11pm On Apr 03, 2020
kristien4:

i trade bitcoins, u can reach me via my telegram or u should trade direct via localbitcoins

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by GonFreecss1: 5:30pm On Apr 03, 2020
kristien4:

Buy from an Exchange like Luno, Binance or Quidax. Don’t take unnecessary risks, especially in this period.

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by abraolas1: 6:00pm On Apr 03, 2020
ahiboilandgas:
wait a little for the opec meeting if the global cut of 15m barrel happen and bring in a swing in crude price ....u might take a loss if u buy dollars above 380...the cbn defending power is there .....their is build up demand after covid crisis .....better spread your asset base 2k dollars in dorm accounts @380 max , 380k in zenith share @10 naira , 380k in treasury bills ,380k in saving in gt at 4.2 percent ....u will be protected by God grace ( cos he the master planner)

Hi sir,

I will like to reach you directly for some advice don't know if u can mail me so for me to reach you via mail

thanks
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nnamz(m): 6:10pm On Apr 03, 2020
abraolas1:

Hi sir,

I will like to reach you directly for some advice don't know if u can mail me abraolas@gmail.com so for me to reach you via mail

thanks
Ask am here make me sef chop from this advice
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Akin3891: 6:45pm On Apr 03, 2020
OgogoroFreak:

You are a smart investor, I almost buy too. I was expecting it to get to 1.8m before I buy, poof it jumped to 2.7m. If it falls below 2m, I will buy massively. It's for the strong mind o. Once everything goes back to normal, you sure will double your capital . You are praying it goes up now, me I'm praying it crash a bit so that I can join the train... oops.. that reminds me of my trading days when you pray for ups while others pray for down.. grin

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by TotoNaRubber: 7:02pm On Apr 03, 2020
Really, the mainland is likely to be cheaper i believe but are there estate developers active on mainland just like on the island?
Secondly, is it likely true a new 4 bedroom house in Ikota villa Estate can generate an annual income of N3 million a year?
I would like to know your thoughts concerning the price of a 4 bed house in Ikota Lekki area. I heard it is within Lekki and not after Ajah.

Diyke4rich:

I Will not advice you to buy it, I own a house at ikota villa estate to rent the house out are problem atime, when the tenant move out they leave a lot of damages I Will advice you to go for blocks of flat in mainland.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Winneygirl(f): 7:16pm On Apr 03, 2020
RedCandy:
Please elders in the house what does repayment after renewal of TD mean? I keep getting credit alerts every month from UBA with this description. Please who knows what it means?

Don't you have a fixed deposit running?
I think the principal is being renewed every 30 days and your account is credited with the interest element.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ojesymsym: 7:18pm On Apr 03, 2020
Strangely this function has refused to work for me again, wondering if they changed their platform.
lizdammy:

How did you get USD account on transferwise?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by omotola90(m): 7:33pm On Apr 03, 2020
[quote author=articlewriter post=88061672][/quote]please which bank?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by omotola90(m): 7:41pm On Apr 03, 2020
careerwoman:

Okay, Thank you.
please i will also like to know the treasury bill rate of First bank??
cc careerwoman
Abhoilandgas
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ukay2: 7:42pm On Apr 03, 2020
[quote author=articlewriter post=88061672][/quote]

You people de try ooo
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ozymes: 7:49pm On Apr 03, 2020
Are there new estate coming up in this areas?
ahiboilandgas:
choi....i really dont know bitcoin things ....advoid estate developers it already over priced if u intend to sell for higher profit....no narrow down to only lekki /ajah area ...look around surulere, gbagada, alaka
..a stand alone

(1) (2) (3) ... (1115) (1116) (1117) (1118) (1119) (1120) (1121) ... (2229) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.