Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,744 members, 7,817,056 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:36 AM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (1120) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4439832 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1117) (1118) (1119) (1120) (1121) (1122) (1123) ... (2229) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by yomi007k(m): 4:07pm On Apr 05, 2020
bjtinz:

Can you imagine. 2.2 - 4% and still being oversubscribed?? I don't understand the obsession with it despite the ridiculously low rates. . . . . abi some people do blood covenant with NTB? lipsrsealed

Dumped the shiit since December.

No mind them. I dumped it too since january and i have no regrets.

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by biggal: 4:23pm On Apr 05, 2020
Who wants to buy Shares from crowd1??.

Join portfolio 9 team and smile
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by billtommy(m): 6:10pm On Apr 05, 2020
IamR:
Guys, please stay away from Eurobond for now. My capital is now -9.8%.

You're not alone lolz. The only consolation is currency appreciation now. The unit cost fell from 120 to 110, hence the loss.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by franchuks(m): 6:22pm On Apr 05, 2020
presiade:
Sorry to deviate a little from the topic. Who knows and can recommend an effective and reliable debt recovery agent in Lagos?

Hello Presiade, if still in search. I can help you with the details of two companies we use at my firm. Kindly contact me via my signature number or send a PM.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by billtommy(m): 6:42pm On Apr 05, 2020
IamR:

I am the one. There is a lot going on that we don't know yet. I can't even get the money until a month's time, something that used to take 72hrs.

Beware of Eurobond!

I thought the maximum holding period for fbnquest is 6 months?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ositadima1(m): 6:42pm On Apr 05, 2020
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by kristien4(m): 8:40pm On Apr 05, 2020
bjtinz:

Can you imagine. 2.2 - 4% and still being oversubscribed?? I don't understand the obsession with it despite the ridiculously low rates. . . . . abi some people do blood covenant with NTB? lipsrsealed

Dumped the shiit since December.
The thing tire me. The funny thing is leaving your money idle in your savings account pays higher interest than treasury Bill's presently..

11 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by IamR: 9:01pm On Apr 05, 2020
billtommy:

You're not alone lolz. The only consolation is currency appreciation now. The unit cost fell from 120 to 110, hence the loss.
Yeah. Getting the capital is another issue now.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by IamR: 9:02pm On Apr 05, 2020
billtommy:

I thought the maximum holding period for fbnquest is 6 months?
Yeah, but it takes 30 days instead of 72 Hrs to get back your capital after 6 months holding period.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Leezah(f): 11:45pm On Apr 05, 2020
kryptem:

Such an expository exposition. Every paper money will at one time or the other be limited. Gold or crypto serve the alternative and the true store of value.
Waiting till yuan takes over dollars dorminance.....
very soon
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by odimbannamdi(m): 3:39am On Apr 06, 2020
Thisnut:
dagote will even make more profit self.

He buys a barrel (159 liters) at 19usd and sells at 115 to 120 naira a liter to the distributors. Even if he decides to sell at 80naira self he will still gain.

The losers here are those that are selling the raw material, not the finished product. Na as you buy you go sell, but here, he's buying low and still selling high.

My only only fear for dangote is why not invest on renewable energies since that is the direction the world is leaning to right now. In 10 to 20 years from now, newer car models will be fully running solely electric and solar. The fate of fuel will then be like that of kerosene now

Over to the economists.

Very very vali
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by odimbannamdi(m): 4:01am On Apr 06, 2020
ahiboilandgas:
My hustling partner that remain with property business has exceeded a capital base of 200m using same strategy he friends to several local agent ..once there is a cheap bargin he called ....he is always very liquid or holds a very sellable property...he buy inherited property, distress sale , loan wahala ,broke owners, relocating people or during recession.......Never ever buy from an estate developer or a rich man ....it already over priced .....

True...

4 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by dipoolowoo: 8:11am On Apr 06, 2020
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by udysweet(f): 11:08am On Apr 06, 2020
yomi007k:

No mind them. I dumped it too since january and i have no regrets.
pls what other investment can one do especially this period
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by janga(m): 12:28pm On Apr 06, 2020
those of u on Gt-targe Acct, plz is there a limit to Amount you can locked to it. i tried to put some money there and the system was showing maximum limit is 1mill
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by yomi007k(m): 1:03pm On Apr 06, 2020
udysweet:
pls what other investment can one do especially this period

For now i have no good recommendations. I will let my ogas talk.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by bjtinz: 8:11pm On Apr 06, 2020
kristien4:
The thing tire me. The funny thing is leaving your money idle in your savings account pays higher interest than treasury Bill's presently..

Lol! Imagine that.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by bjtinz: 8:16pm On Apr 06, 2020
CsRockefeller:

I once said that the FG economic team know that the average Nigerian is scared to invest his money in the real sector so, the TB rates will continue to go down because they (CBN) know its the safest bet any Nigerian has.

That questions the motive behind the high rates all these while, surely it was done to enrich a few class at the detriment of the economy.

Preciously. I know some the gurus have said it will rise again, but honestly I really don't see that happening in the near future. CBN know that even at 1% people will still rush the TB, so there's really no incentive to increase rates.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by TotoNaRubber: 8:36pm On Apr 06, 2020
Hi, just a quick one.
Which area in Lekki are houses for rent in more demand, my options are Chevron alternative/ Osapa London/Chinese Court. I intend to buy and rent.

I have ruled out ikota as you mentioned

Diyke4rich:

I Will not advice you to buy it, I own a house at ikota villa estate to rent the house out are problem atime, when the tenant move out they leave a lot of damages I Will advice you to go for blocks of flat in mainland.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Olaide1295: 8:55pm On Apr 06, 2020
bjtinz:

Preciously. I know some the gurus have said it will rise again, but honestly I really don't see that happening in the near future. CBN know that even at 1% people will still rush the TB, so there's really no incentive to increase rates.

The people rushing the T-bills are Institutional investors like Pension funds etc. Those people have much funds at their disposal and are ready to buy at any rate.

5 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by arduino: 11:11pm On Apr 06, 2020
Olaide1295:

The people rushing the T-bills are Institutional investors like Pension funds etc. Those people have much funds at their disposal and are ready to buy at any rate.
10trillio naira precisely. Even at 0.5% they will still subscribe.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by partnerinbiz3: 5:57am On Apr 07, 2020
Is dollar likely to increase or decrease considering the recovery of Brent crude?

Will Nigeria devalue it's currency?

Should I sell my dollars now or wait more?

cc

emmanuelewummi

ahiboilandgas

Atkin

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 7:52am On Apr 07, 2020
partnerinbiz3:
Is dollar likely to increase or decrease considering the recovery of Brent crude?

cc

emmanuelewummi

ahiboilandgas

Atkin

please wait small after the opec meetings

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by OgogoroFreak(m): 8:08am On Apr 07, 2020
partnerinbiz3:

cc

emmanuelewummi

ahiboilandgas

Atkin

What has always work for me is to always expect the worst to happen to Nigeria and plan accordingly cos it never gets better in this part of the world. Yes! It always get worse with time, before you know it, people would think you are a prophet smiley

4 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by SocialJustice: 11:35am On Apr 07, 2020
Thisnut:

My only only fear for dangote is why not invest on renewable energies since that is the direction the world is leaning to right now. In 10 to 20 years from now, newer car models will be fully running solely electric and solar. The fate of fuel will then be like that of kerosene now

Over to the economists.
No need for economists. Dangote will recoup his investment in less than 10 years and Nigeria/West Africa(his primary markets) will not be ready to operate only electric cars in the next 20 years.

7 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 12:50pm On Apr 07, 2020
abraolas1:

Hi sir,

I will like to reach you directly for some advice don't know if u can mail me abraolas@gmail.com so for me to reach you via mail

thanks
u can post here no body is all knowing we have other inputs

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by partnerinbiz3: 3:34pm On Apr 07, 2020
ahiboilandgas:
please wait small after the opec meetings
Okay. Thanks.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Dollabiz: 4:28pm On Apr 07, 2020
janga:
those of u on Gt-targe Acct, plz is there a limit to Amount you can locked to it. i tried to put some money there and the system was showing maximum limit is 1mill

No limit transfer 250 k first then continue to transfer whenever you want u can’t do all transfer once do it simultaneously
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by abraolas1: 6:30pm On Apr 07, 2020
Dollabiz:

No limit transfer 250 k first then continue to transfer whenever you want u can’t do all transfer once do it simultaneously

what's the interest rate and the tenor
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by abraolas1: 6:32pm On Apr 07, 2020
ahiboilandgas:
u can post here no body is all knowing we have other inputs

thank you boss

how will advice a person (a low risk investor) that want to invest at least 1M.

please kindly advice with a practical steps if possible

thanks
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 6:56pm On Apr 07, 2020
abraolas1:

thank you boss

how will advice a person (a low risk investor) that want to invest at least 1M.

please kindly advice with a practical steps if possible

thanks
it already a horrible 1 quarter for all fixed income investors including me ....all my income projections are currently in disarrays but we went though this cycle in 2015 ....i added several side biz to balance up the short falls but it not been easy ......expanded my cement biz , also added a tipper and i represents an industrial equipment provider just to meet up....but it doesn't make any sense to keep 1m at 4.5 per anum ....that insanity financially

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by chigo4u: 7:29pm On Apr 07, 2020
ahiboilandgas:
it already a horrible 1 quarter for all fixed income investors including me ....all my income projections are currently in disarrays but we went though this cycle in 2015 ....i added several side biz to balance up the short falls but it not been easy ......expanded my cement biz , also added a tipper and i represents an industrial equipment provider just to meet up....but it doesn't make any sense to keep 1m at 4.5 per anum ....that insanity financially
Is cement business lucrative? Can you give a quick run down of running it. You only talk about the oil biz

(1) (2) (3) ... (1117) (1118) (1119) (1120) (1121) (1122) (1123) ... (2229) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.