Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,526 members, 7,819,894 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:44 AM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (1159) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4445942 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1156) (1157) (1158) (1159) (1160) (1161) (1162) ... (2229) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ukay2: 4:31pm On Apr 30, 2020
ahiboilandgas:
ok thanks am grateful

Yes Sir
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by contumely2: 5:13pm On Apr 30, 2020
globalresource:

Check remitano, localbitcoins and also binance exchange(you can buy btc from your bank with only 150 naira as transaction charges, even to the tune of 18,000,000 naira) and finally black market(risky except u use escrow service to stay safe or someone u know very well)

which Nigerian bank sells btc
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by kristien4(m): 5:28pm On Apr 30, 2020
emmanuelewumi:

Very liquid and secured. FG is your debtor
I just emailed stanbic stockbrokers, and it seems bonds only come in 2 and 3yrs tenor??

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 5:33pm On Apr 30, 2020
kristien4:
I just emailed stanbic stockbrokers, and it seems bonds only come in 2 and 3yrs tenor??
what are the rates
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by 0neal(m): 6:17pm On Apr 30, 2020
emmanuelewumi:

It was bought by Flour Mills of Nigeria Plc, you now have shares of FMN.

Thank you for the reply Sir

So how do I go about the claiming of dividend
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Alaska90(m): 6:30pm On Apr 30, 2020
emmanuelewumi:

It was bought by Flour Mills of Nigeria Plc, you now have shares of FMN.

Hello Sir,

I used to have shares with Skye Bank which is now Polaris bank after it was sold.

Please how can I get my Skye bank investment back ?

Thanks
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by globalresource: 6:33pm On Apr 30, 2020
contumely2:

which Nigerian bank sells btc

Lol.No Nigerian bank is into BTC. It has not enjoy the institutional adoption yet. You can register on binance (the largest exchange in the world). And buy btc using binance and binance will only charge u 150 naira pere even to the tune of 18,000,000 deposit. I can put you through on how to go about it. Mind you I won’t collect a dime from you.If you feel comfortable. Send me a PM and I can add you to crypto group or personal lec.

Or check luno.com
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Akin3891: 6:37pm On Apr 30, 2020
ahiboilandgas:
what are the rates

kristien4:

I'm interested n following. They might quote you the rates for FG saving bonds, we need the main FG bonds rates. Anytime I ask stanbic of fg bonds,they always drag me to fg saving bonds.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 6:50pm On Apr 30, 2020
0neal:

Thank you for the reply Sir

So how do I go about the claiming of dividend

Are you in Lagos? The registrar office is around Iganmu.

Google the contact of Atlas Registrar Nigeria
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 6:51pm On Apr 30, 2020
kristien4:

There is a liquid secondary market for bonds
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Alaska90(m): 7:06pm On Apr 30, 2020
emmanuelewumi:

Hello Mr emmanuelewumi,

Please I am waiting for your answer on my Skye bank shares issue Sir
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 7:13pm On Apr 30, 2020
Alaska90:

Hello Mr emmanuelewumi,

Please I am waiting for your answer on my Skye bank shares issue Sir
Skye Bank was mismanaged by the chairman who spent hundreds of billions of Naira dabbling into politics supporting a former president of the country

The bank is currently insolvent and acquired by CBN and AMCON in order to safe guard depositors fund

Shareholders fund is currently wiped out except if they can recapitalise the bank

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 7:16pm On Apr 30, 2020
Akin3891:

I'm interested n following. They might quote you the rates for FG saving bonds, we need the main FG bonds rates. Anytime I ask stanbic of fg bonds,they always drag me to fg saving bonds.
why? Didnt u tell them what u wanted not necessary from the primary markets,u can get from secondary markets will less tenure like 1.5 years left
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 7:22pm On Apr 30, 2020
emmanuelewumi:
Skye Bank was mismanaged by the chairman who spent hundreds of billions of Naira dabbling into politics supporting a former president of the country

The bank is currently insolvent and acquired by CBN and AMCON in order to safe guard depositors fund

Shareholders fund is currently wiped out except if they can recapitalise the bank
including pan Ocean we use to lease our big crane @700k daily to them in ogara the company was in debt of 240 billion but the chairman is busy sponsoring golf tournament in south africa .....

4 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 7:24pm On Apr 30, 2020
ahiboilandgas:
including pan Ocean we use to lease our big crane @700k daily to them in ogara the company was in debt of 240 billion but the chairman is busy sponsoring golf tournament in south africa .....

That is Ayeni

He gave some billion of Naira towards the reelection of Jonathan,
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Alaska90(m): 7:47pm On Apr 30, 2020
emmanuelewumi:

That is Ayeni

He gave some billion of Naira towards the reelection of Jonathan,

Thanks for the feedback

But what a country we have....Mr Ayeni is still free enjoying himself while my shares are gone like that!
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 7:58pm On Apr 30, 2020
Alaska90:

Thanks for the feedback

But what a country we have....Mr Ayeni is still free enjoying himself while my shares are gone like that!

When you invest you don't close your eyes, monitor the investment and be current about happenings in industry and business. Read the quarterly and annual report of the company

I was able to sell my 500k units of Skye Bank at around N7.00 when I was not comfortable with the figures the business was churning out

8 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Alaska90(m): 8:36pm On Apr 30, 2020
emmanuelewumi:

When you invest you don't close your eyes, monitor the investment and be current about happenings in industry and business. Read the quarterly and annual report of the company

I was able to sell my 500k units of Skye Bank at around N7.00 when I was not comfortable with the figures the business was churning out

I know better now...

I was just sending money to a broker in Nigeria then to invest and manage everything for me.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by contumely2: 8:47pm On Apr 30, 2020
globalresource:

Lol.No Nigerian bank is into BTC. It has not enjoy the institutional adoption yet. You can register on binance (the largest exchange in the world). And buy btc using binance and binance will only charge u 150 naira pere even to the tune of 18,000,000 deposit. I can put you through on how to go about it. Mind you I won’t collect a dime from you.If you feel comfortable. Send me a PM and I can add you to crypto group or personal lec.

Or check luno.com

could you add this ls

don't quote cos i will remove.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 9:01pm On Apr 30, 2020
Alaska90:

I know better now...

I was just sending money to a broker in Nigeria then to invest and manage everything for me.

What is the name of the broker
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Alaska90(m): 9:34pm On Apr 30, 2020
emmanuelewumi:

What is the name of the broker

Yakubu Ali

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by conyema12(m): 9:35pm On Apr 30, 2020
Alaska90:

Yakubu Ali

grin grin

5 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Northeastern: 9:45pm On Apr 30, 2020
conyema12:

grin grin

Bad guy

Alaska90:

Yakubu Ali

Chief, he meant the name of the stockbroking firm.

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by kristien4(m): 10:03pm On Apr 30, 2020
ahiboilandgas:
what are the rates
I will have to inquire that. They didn't include the rate in the mail. Just that the date of the next offer will be communicated after the lockdown is over.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by kristien4(m): 10:06pm On Apr 30, 2020
emmanuelewumi:

Like what tenors can I get from the secondary bond market?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by kristien4(m): 10:09pm On Apr 30, 2020
Akin3891:

what is the difference between FG bonds and FG saving bonds?

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Alaska90(m): 10:15pm On Apr 30, 2020
Northeastern:

Bad guy

Chief, he meant the name of the stockbroking firm.

Well you never can tell, Mr emmanuelewumi is well connected in this sector and he might know him.

Anyway the company name is SPRINGBOARD TRUST & INVESTMENT LTD

I needed to check old emails to pull that out

5 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by kisszhira(m): 10:17pm On Apr 30, 2020
globalresource:

Or check luno.com

could you add

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by globalresource: 3:44am On May 01, 2020
Is it advisable to invest in stanbic dollar mutual fund now. I have done online research on it. And some of their staff kind of clueless about it. Not satisfied. Any lead? Advise? Process? Explanations? Interest rate? Risk assessment?

Your contribution is needed pls

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Dsticks47(m): 7:41am On May 01, 2020
barrydiv7:

my money just dropped today...with this rates i dont think reinvesting would be an option...Can anybody pls suggest another risk free investment for now with good rates..thank you

For a risk free investment I will recommend Vantage Guaranteed Income Fund—-VGIF (ROI 8.5% benchmarked against SDF).
VGIF is managed by Investment One financial Services.
For my contact and link to open your account at the comfort of your home check my signature.

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by contumely2: 9:07am On May 01, 2020
Will dollar price increase or decrease in the next 1-3 months?

Akin3891

cc

ahiboilandgas
emmanuelewumi
emmanuelewummi.

totonarubber

zamirikpo

atkin

(1) (2) (3) ... (1156) (1157) (1158) (1159) (1160) (1161) (1162) ... (2229) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

Viewing this topic: francisobiabo(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.