Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,836 members, 7,810,216 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:22 AM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (1158) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4429818 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1155) (1156) (1157) (1158) (1159) (1160) (1161) ... (2228) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Pascopele: 9:36am On Apr 30, 2020
salenco1:
Goodmorning fellow Nairalanders. I am new to this thread, can someone explain to me what treasury bill is, and if I want to invest in it how do I go about it. Is it worth investing in?
Start from page 1

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by IamR: 9:49am On Apr 30, 2020
ahiboilandgas:
Any body with yesterday auction results

91 days - 1.85%
182 days - 2.5%
364 days - 3.8%
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by 0neal(m): 9:55am On Apr 30, 2020
emmanuelewumi:

Go with your proof of ownership to First Registrar they have offices in Lagos, Ibadan, Abuja and Port Harcourt. They will tell you your holdings and the process involved in subscribing for edividend so that you can get you outstanding dividends to be paid into your bank account

Good day Sir

I used to have shares with Bagco, was told recently the company has been sold.

How can I get my investment?

Thanks
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 10:09am On Apr 30, 2020
0neal:

Good day Sir

I used to have shares with Bagco, was told recently the company has been sold.

How can I get my investment?

Thanks

It was bought by Flour Mills of Nigeria Plc, you now have shares of FMN.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:10am On Apr 30, 2020
IamR:

91 days - 1.85%
182 days - 2.5%
364 days - 3.8%

Chai cheesy
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by barrydiv7: 11:30am On Apr 30, 2020
IamR:

91 days - 1.85%
182 days - 2.5%
364 days - 3.8%
my money just dropped today...with this rates i dont think reinvesting would be an option...Can anybody pls suggest another risk free investment for now with good rates..thank you

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 11:45am On Apr 30, 2020
barrydiv7:

my money just dropped today...with this rates i dont think reinvesting would be an option...Can anybody pls suggest another risk free investment for now with good rates..thank you

If the fund is up to N5 million, buy FG bond in the secondary market through Stanbic IBTC. You should be able to get 10%

10 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:57am On Apr 30, 2020
barrydiv7:

Nigerian breweries has an ongoing CP at 5.05%. Also ridiculous but slightly better. I think the minimum amount is 10m.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Pascopele: 12:01pm On Apr 30, 2020
barrydiv7:

Mutual benefit
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Mariejeanr: 12:05pm On Apr 30, 2020
barrydiv7:

Which bank, my own has not yet dropped till no, my bank is first bank
Pascopele:
Mutual benefit
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by barrydiv7: 12:09pm On Apr 30, 2020
Mariejeanr:

Which bank, my own has not yet dropped till no, my bank is first bank
union bank
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by barrydiv7: 12:09pm On Apr 30, 2020
emmanuelewumi:

If the fund is up to N5 million, buy FG bond in the secondary market through Stanbic IBTC. You should be able to get 10%
OK thank you
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Mariejeanr: 12:11pm On Apr 30, 2020
barrydiv7:

union bank

Thank you
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 12:51pm On Apr 30, 2020
emmanuelewumi:

how about Gtb
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by mindtricks: 12:52pm On Apr 30, 2020
emmanuelewumi:

Is that the minimum?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 1:02pm On Apr 30, 2020
mindtricks:

Is that the minimum?

N20 million is the minimum with Afrinvest. N100 million is the minimum in the primary market and FMDQ
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 1:07pm On Apr 30, 2020
ahiboilandgas:
how about Gtb

GTB won't encourage you .

Stanbic IBTC Stockbrokers used to be the official Stockbroker to Debt Management Office, hence the reason why you can easily get FG bond through them and their parent company.

CSL Stockbrokers, a subsidiary of FCMB is now the official Stockbroker to DMO

5 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 1:15pm On Apr 30, 2020
emmanuelewumi:

GTB won't encourage you .

Stanbic IBTC Stockbrokers used to be the official Stockbroker to Debt Management Office, hence the reason why you can easily get FG bond through them and their parent company.

CSL Stockbrokers, a subsidiary of FCMB is now the official Stockbroker to DMO
why? Do they have a range
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 1:21pm On Apr 30, 2020
ahiboilandgas:

Bonds are usually done through investment house

GTB has a working relationship with Investment One Financial Services used to be GTB Asset Management until the business was sold through a Management Buyout some years ago.

Same way GTB Assurance was sold through Management Buyout to now become Axa Mansard Insurance

4 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 1:25pm On Apr 30, 2020
emmanuelewumi:

Bonds are usually done through investment house

GTB has a working relationship with Investment One Financial Services used to be GTB Asset Management until the business was sold through a Management Buyout some years ago.

Same way GTB Assurance was sold through Management Buyout to now become Axa Mansard Insurance
ok but stanbic do we need a separate new investment accounts or an stabic accounts can do
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 1:28pm On Apr 30, 2020
ahiboilandgas:
ok but stanbic do we need a separate new accounts or an stabic accounts can do

If you have a Stanbic IBTC account, you can ask your account officer.

@ Ukay2, you use Stanbic IBTC and you are a bond Investor you can explain to him
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by juniorrate: 1:32pm On Apr 30, 2020
ahiboilandgas:

u can invest in Primary Federal Govt Bond direct via Gtbank bcz my acct officer email me a bond form to fill and the mininum amount is 50mill bt the rate for Q2 then was not encouragin so i ignored it because i still have other sources of income. This time am tryin to move morethan 60mill lying useless in my savin acct to Gt-target acct so i can manage the 4.6% peranum but the system is showin the maximum amount to invest is 1millions. @Ahib is this really normal bcz i think u have some money invested in gt-target account
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 1:48pm On Apr 30, 2020
juniorrate:

u can invest in Primary Federal Govt Bond direct via Gtbank bcz my acct officer email me a bond form to fill and the mininum amount is 50mill bt the rate for Q2 then was not encouragin so i ignored it because i still have other sources of income. This time am tryin to move morethan 60mill lying useless in my savin acct to Gt-target acct so i can manage the 4.6% peranum but the system is showin the maximum amount to invest is 1millions. @Ahib is this really normal bcz i think u have some money invested in gt-target account
no i dont have some funds in gt target account..i have a normal saving accounts with rates of i thinks 4.2

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by odimbannamdi(m): 1:50pm On Apr 30, 2020
Pascopele:
it will and we are anticipating your return to the battle field.

Oga Ahib na "warrior"?... grin
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by juniorrate: 1:59pm On Apr 30, 2020
ahiboilandgas:
no i dont have some funds in gt target account..i have a normal saving accounts with rates of i thinks 4.2

does GTbank have different saving acct that give interest rate? since i created my gtb acct 4rm 2010, i have never receive a single #1 interest except those tbills interest i subcibe via them bt First Bank is creditin me interest every month end 4rm 2010 till this month
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 2:01pm On Apr 30, 2020
juniorrate:

does GTbank have different saving acct that give interest rate? since i created my gtb acct 4rm 2010, i have never receive a single #1 interest except those tbills interest i subcibe via them bt First Bank is creditin me interest every month end 4rm 2010 till this month
u dont withdraw more than 3 times

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by juniorrate: 2:09pm On Apr 30, 2020
ahiboilandgas:
u dont withdraw more than 3 times

am aware abt the 3x withdraw that will suspend gettin interest bt my gtbank is only for credit alert not spendin. am like a stingy person, i will have a huge bal in my savin acct bt not a single atom of anythin can make me to spend the money abi na the airtime i dey buy via *737# dey affect the interest or does my account officer think am a old Man by now and she’s choppin the interest bcz am jst 30. all debit alert payment is done via my Access/diamond Bank
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ukay2: 3:47pm On Apr 30, 2020
emmanuelewumi:

If you have a Stanbic IBTC account, you can ask your account officer.

@ Ukay2, you use Stanbic IBTC and you are a bond Investor you can explain to him

Yes Sir

Oga Ahiboilandgas, just ask for the platinum support team in the stanbic ibtc bank.

They will help you buy FGN Bonds

6 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by kristien4(m): 3:54pm On Apr 30, 2020
emmanuelewumi:

Are bonds as safe as Treasury bills??
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by janga(m): 3:56pm On Apr 30, 2020
kristien4:

yes safe as long as u invested it in Naira

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 4:18pm On Apr 30, 2020
ukay2:

Yes Sir

Oga Ahiboilandgas, just ask for the platinum support team in the stanbic ibtc bank.

They will help you buy FGN Bonds
ok thanks am grateful

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 4:30pm On Apr 30, 2020
kristien4:

Very liquid and secured. FG is your debtor

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (1155) (1156) (1157) (1158) (1159) (1160) (1161) ... (2228) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.