Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,068 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:49 AM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (1190) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4439898 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1187) (1188) (1189) (1190) (1191) (1192) (1193) ... (2229) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ndidigood(f): 9:07am On May 12, 2020
emmanuelewumi:

There is a reason why salesmen target our wives and children whenever they want to market goods and services, that needs emotional blackmail in order to sell.

Once they have succeeded in winning our wives, our wives will now convince us to buy such goods and services because they have our mumu bottons
generalizing women isn't fair BC all women are not d same
I am a rational consumer to d core, right from childhood. l plan my things and no one can cajole me.

6 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 9:14am On May 12, 2020
ndidigood:
generalizing women isn't fair BC all women are not d same
I am a rational consumer to d core, right from childhood. l plan my things and no one can cajole me.

Any woman who frequents this place is not the normal or average woman and man

Salesmen selling luxury goods will rather cajole the wife before the husband

20 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ndidigood(f): 9:28am On May 12, 2020
emmanuelewumi:

Any woman who frequents this place is not the normal or average woman.

is not entirely true BC sales people easily convince my husband than me
He always brought home things which he hardly used
How they usually convince him baffles me.

7 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ndidigood(f): 9:36am On May 12, 2020
What l noticed is that men thinks they are wiser than women.
Even my boys here use to say this one is a woman to their friend who they felt behaved in their head "abnormally". Where do they get that idea from is what l don't know BC l no get girl child.

U guys might be stronger physically but not emotionally and psychologically
Not all women anyway.

10 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 9:36am On May 12, 2020
ndidigood:
is not entirely true BC sales people easily convince my husband than me
He always brought home things which he hardly used
How they usually convince him baffles me.

Good, never said the probability is 100%. It is about 80%

11 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by arduino: 10:30am On May 12, 2020
emmanuelewumi:

[B]Any woman who frequents this place is not the normal or average woman and man[/B]

Single men should note this bold quote seriously cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 10:36am On May 12, 2020
There is also a reason why we have more women worshipping their pastors and religious leaders than men.

Statistics also shows that more women visit spiritualists and herbalists more than men.

Just as we have more men visit the bar compared to women

26 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by IamR: 10:37am On May 12, 2020
emmanuelewumi:
There is also a reason why we have more women worshipping their pastors and religious leaders than men.

Statistics also shows that more women visit spiritualists and herbalists more than men.

100% correct.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by OgogoroFreak(m): 10:38am On May 12, 2020
emmanuelewumi:

Any woman who frequents this place is not the normal or average woman and man

But it's the reverse. Most women I know are better savers than men but mostly the wrong investment and they are very secretive about it. Alot of women lost heavily to MMM and other Ponzi scheme.

A lady I was financing through the university, sending her 50k monthly, lost 4M to MMM

6 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by creategist: 10:43am On May 12, 2020
civilserva:
Hello investors, which company allows naira deposit for eurobond or Dollars MF?

But come o, isn't this investment the one that goes into negative territory some times? Unless I'm mistaken I think someone here once mentioned such.

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Grupo(m): 10:47am On May 12, 2020
arduino:

Single men should note this bold quote seriously cheesy

Interestingly, most of the women that frequent here are already married. So nothing for single men like us.

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 10:48am On May 12, 2020
OgogoroFreak:
But it's the reverse. Most women I know are better savers than men but mostly the wrong investment and they are very secretive about it. Alot of women lost heavily to MMM and other Ponzi scheme.

Save for consumption, Aso ebi, parties, pepper dem things

We also have male traders who will save from January to November to spend everything on consumption in the village during the festive period of December

17 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 10:54am On May 12, 2020
OgogoroFreak:

A lady I was financing through the university, sending her 50k monthly, lost 4M to MMM

You are not the only one sending monthly contributions to her

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by 9jatriot(m): 11:07am On May 12, 2020
You are joking right? 4M. U wen de send am the money get 4M lumpsum available for magic multiplication?

Hope this financing through university is not with the hope that she will wife you? Hope it is strictly for charity and not in the hope she will be indebted to you or that you are investing in your future. Too many heartbreaks with this kind of scenario.

When it comes to monthly salary, I believe only a parent or someone who sponsored you in life deserves it. Next set of people should be aging underprivileged persons who can no longer help themselves.

On a lighter note, you hardly hear stories of "this guy" I am sponsoring through school except of course that the guy is a relations.
OgogoroFreak:

8 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by arduino: 11:12am On May 12, 2020
Grupo:

Interestingly, most of the women that frequent here are already married. So nothing for single men like us.
grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Emmaesty(f): 11:15am On May 12, 2020
Grupo:

There are still some single ladies grin grin

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Mifim: 11:15am On May 12, 2020
emmanuelewumi:

Don't you think this has a lot to do with society constantly telling women that good wives have to always pray for their husbands and their families while putting no such pressure on men.

You've said it yourself countless times that people are a product of how they raised amongst other things. And the reality is that most Nigerian girls today are taught these values from a young age. They're taught these things implicitly and explicitly and the ones who mange to break free from these shackles are refered to as 'not normal' or 'not average' by a lot of men here. My point is that it's not fair to place such generalizations on women when they're constantly getting the short end of the stick. We can't conclusively tell if women are actually like that or they're made by society to be like that- I'll vote for the later though.

8 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 11:18am On May 12, 2020
OgogoroFreak:

MMM and Ponzi are not logical Investments, they are emotional investments which appeals to our greed and laziness

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Grupo(m): 11:18am On May 12, 2020
Emmaesty:

Are you single? Come and marry me! grin

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by arduino: 11:21am On May 12, 2020
OgogoroFreak:

Presently there are more women subscribing to Agrotech startup Promo's in Nigeria. Another red flag.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Emmaesty(f): 11:23am On May 12, 2020
Grupo:

Are you single? Come and marry me! grin

grin grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 11:24am On May 12, 2020
Mifim:

Don't you think this has a lot to do with society constantly telling women that good wives have to always pray for their husbands and their families while putting no such pressure on men.

You've said it yourself countless times that people are a product of how they raised amongst other things. And the reality is that most Nigerian girls today are taught these values from a young age. They're taught these things implicitly and explicitly and the ones who mange to break free from these shackles are refered to as 'not normal' or 'not average' by a lot of men here. My point is that it's not fair to place such generalizations on women when they're constantly getting the short end of the stick. We can't conclusively tell if women are actually like that or they're made by society to be like that- I'll vote for the later though.

Probabilities don't lie, husbands die before their wives that is from probability and not a generalisation.

Emotionally men and women are wired differently and none is better than the other. Women are wired to be more emotional than men, which is not a bad attribute. A normal child should be exposed to both the male and female emotions and ways of reasoning

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by 9jatriot(m): 11:25am On May 12, 2020
Don't be too hard on yourself. I am not sure we are really condemning anybody.
Mifim:

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Akin3891: 11:36am On May 12, 2020
zamirikpo:

Ignore that mumu, when ever u mention women in any context she'll jump out like a wounded frog.

No be today.......

Exactly, I can remember him calling some people here dog when he opined about side chick. The point is no matter how much millions you possess , doesn't make you a real mature man.

5 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:44am On May 12, 2020
9jatriot:
You are joking right? 4M. U wen de send am the money get 4M lumpsum available for magic multiplication?

Hope this financing through university is not with the hope that she will wife you? Hope it is strictly for charity and not in the hope she will be indebted to you or that you are investing in your future. Too many heartbreaks with this kind of scenario.

When it comes to monthly salary, I believe only a parent or someone who sponsored you in life deserves it. Next set of people should be aging underprivileged persons who can no longer help themselves.

On a lighter note, you hardly hear stories of "this guy" I am sponsoring through school except of course that the guy is a relations.

Unfortunately, the only girl am sponsoring is my late brothers daughter. My educational foundation has only boys. Not my design but just how it turns out to be. From inception till date, no girl and didn't notice it till now. Next year, will definitely be for girls.

5 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Akin3891: 11:44am On May 12, 2020
Emmaesty:

Hmmm, shot shooted. Lol.. na joke I dey

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ndidigood(f): 11:57am On May 12, 2020
OgogoroFreak:

UA right

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Godbpraised: 12:03pm On May 12, 2020
Well noted
zamirikpo:

Ignore that mumu, when ever u mention women in any context she'll jump out like a wounded frog.

No be today.......
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 12:11pm On May 12, 2020
emmanuelewumi:

You are not the only one sending monthly contributions to her
na joint ventures or public liability company...dem dey call am

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by missjekyll: 12:15pm On May 12, 2020
Barrytone:

Unfortunately, the only girl am sponsoring is my late brothers daughter. My educational foundation has only boys. Not my design but just how it turns out to be. From inception till date, no girl and didn't notice it till now. Next year, will definitely be for girls.

You are missing o ,Barrytone. Girls can be as sharp as tacks. I have 5 very very sharp nieces. My 5 nephews no send. have they finished playing? kikiki. I have started financial literacy lessons for them. That will be my legacy

6 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:30pm On May 12, 2020
missjekyll:

You are missing o ,Barrytone. Girls can be as sharp as tacks. I have 5 very very sharp nieces. My 5 nephews no send. have they finished playing? kikiki. I have started financial literacy lessons for them. That will be my legacy

Like I said, didn't notice the lopsidedness, will correct when picking next year badge as this year badge already wrote jamb which is always the prerequisites. With your olevel, I buy jamb form for you to write and pass then I pick the best 3 every year but it's restricted to members of my community.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by civilserva: 12:51pm On May 12, 2020
creategist:

But come o, isn't this investment the one that goes into negative territory some times? Unless I'm mistaken I think someone here once mentioned such.

Really, anyway I want someone who has invested to explain

(1) (2) (3) ... (1187) (1188) (1189) (1190) (1191) (1192) (1193) ... (2229) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.