Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,387 members, 7,822,795 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 05:04 PM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (1187) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4450442 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1184) (1185) (1186) (1187) (1188) (1189) (1190) ... (2230) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 9:05pm On May 10, 2020
ukay2:

Our own crude oil is Bunny oil, which is cheaper than Brent self.

If we had diversified and made Ajaokuta Steel Company working, maybe our economy would have been better now.

But crude oil money is so sweet for our Leaders to think about effective diversification of the economy
how ?our is based on brent abi ....less sulphur

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Theconglomerate(m): 9:13pm On May 10, 2020
ahiboilandgas:
how ?our is based on brent abi ....less sulphur
Qua iboe and bonny light is Nigeria's two main category and it sells now for 10 dollars.
Sad situation for looters an the clueless at Aso rock and CBN smiley

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 9:18pm On May 10, 2020
Theconglomerate:
Qua iboe and bonny light is Nigeria's two main category and it sells now for 10 dollars.
any link to live prices of bonney
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 9:19pm On May 10, 2020
Prices of Nigeria’s bonny light crude oil products remained stable despite the oil price crashes widely reported yesterday. Oil prices, particularly WTI, crashed below $0 during on Monday for the first time ever sending shock waves across the world.

The price of oil reported daily is sourced from the futures market which captures market prices of crude oil that are likely to be paid in future months. Despite the fall into negative territory for the WTI crude oil price, Nigeria flagships Qua Iboe, Bonny Light and Brass remained above $20 per barrel. As at Tuesday morning, the prices were as follows;

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Theconglomerate(m): 9:21pm On May 10, 2020
ahiboilandgas:
any link to live prices of bonney
None unfortunately,since I didn't get it off the net.
Hopefully someone here might have.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:21pm On May 10, 2020
seyisanya:
Thanks for this realistic comment. But I would like to know if your brother-in-law(her husband) remained in Nigeria when your sister relocated to the UK with the kids. If yes, for how long before he joined them in the UK?

He works in naija, I can't say he remains as he travel there on his time-off. He works a shift work, he works and compiled enough off. Then goes home to family on time-off. Corona ban on flights just caught him in naija. He was due to travel last month. I know people that travel monthly to and fro UK and USA. Its not a big deal.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by zamirikpo(m): 9:22pm On May 10, 2020
ukay2:

Yes Sir.

Am also in USA stocks market.

We keep learning every day and God will continue to bless our side hussles.

Amen.

U day trade, swing or just invest...
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by IamR: 9:33pm On May 10, 2020
Theconglomerate:
Bonny light is 24.93$, Qua Iboe is 26.7$, and Brass River is 26.7$
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by zamirikpo(m): 9:37pm On May 10, 2020
IamR:

Pls how do I check this daily, what's ur source. Becos PPMC dey dribble us .

Pms, AGO, price just dropped last week. The price change in naija does not correlate with the global price .
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by IamR: 9:41pm On May 10, 2020
zamirikpo:

Pls how do I check this daily, what's ur source. Becos PPMC dey dribble us .

Pms, AGO, price just dropped last week. The price change in naija does not correlate with the global price .

https://oilprice.com/oil-price-charts#prices

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Theconglomerate(m): 9:50pm On May 10, 2020
IamR:

Internet prices I guess.
Nigeria just discounted those things a whole lot as they have a lot of oil floating all over the place with no storage.
This was Thursday this week,even though there is a lot of optimism that prices might go higher a little for them this week.
Vessels used as storage charging their fees by the day.
There is one thing called quote and another thing called market REALITY.
You are not forced to believe me as I am not here to convince anyone.. smiley
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by zamirikpo(m): 9:54pm On May 10, 2020

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by IamR: 9:55pm On May 10, 2020
Theconglomerate:
Internet prices I guess.
Nigeria just discounted those things a whole lot as they have a lot of oil floating all over the place with no storage.
This was Thursday this week,even though there is a lot of optimism that prices might go higher a little for them this week.
Vessels used as storage charging their fees by the day.
There is one thing called quote and another thing called market REALITY.
You are not forced to believe me as I am not here to convince anyone.. smiley
No reason to doubt what you just said.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by zamirikpo(m): 9:57pm On May 10, 2020
It's like we have the minister of petroleum resources in our midst.

Discount.....crude oil price is not beans and garri that anyone can just discount.....

Argue with OPEC.

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by deleson: 10:01pm On May 10, 2020
Could you please reference the source of this figure or this is an insider info?

Theconglomerate:
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Theconglomerate(m): 10:06pm On May 10, 2020
deleson:
Could you please reference the source of this figure or this is an insider info?

Well,I overhead some people talking about it when they came to buy fresh tomatoes from my shed some days ago.
Sad situation my chairman.

4 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by deleson: 10:28pm On May 10, 2020
grin grin

Okay na. Meanwhile, your Chairman dey your LGA secretariat shocked

Theconglomerate:
Well,I overhead some people talking about it when they came to buy fresh tomatoes from my shed some days ago.
Sad situation my chairman.

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Theconglomerate(m): 10:35pm On May 10, 2020
deleson:
grin grin

Okay na. Meanwhile, your Chairman dey your LGA secretariat shocked

grin grin grin
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Diyke4rich: 10:43pm On May 10, 2020
Never make a mistake for your tenant to know you, for example i am 31 today since 5 years now i have been renting out my house my tennant does not knw me they keep calling me oga the fear of the unkown is much better.

emmanuelewumi:

I don't know why people make the mistake of dealing directly with their tenants.

Get a lawyer, a facility manager or an estate agent to deal with tenants and you will give yourself peace of mind.

8 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by seyisanya(m): 11:50pm On May 10, 2020
Barrytone:

He works in naija, I can't say he remains as he travel there on his time-off. He works a shift work, he works and compiled enough off. Then goes home to family on time-off. Corona ban on flights just caught him in naija. He was due to travel last month. I know people that travel monthly to and fro UK and USA. Its not a big deal.
Many thanks for your response.

I just wanted to get the full picture. It's truly not a big deal, although our society tends to portray it in a bad light with a statement like ''both parents must be available every day for the kids because...'' without considering every family has its peculiarity and circumstances to deal with.

Yes, the availability of both parents is encouraged but there is no one size fits all when it comes to family affairs.

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:26am On May 11, 2020
seyisanya:

Many thanks for your response.

I just wanted to get the full picture. It's truly not a big deal, although our society tends to portray it in a bad light with a statement like ''both parents must be available every day for the kids because...'' without considering every family has its peculiarity and circumstances to deal with.

Yes, the availability of both parents is encouraged but there is no one size fits all when it comes to family affairs.

From the onset, he has being an offshore man, no time he has ever been around everyday. Right now, no much difference with what they had while in naija.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Manwarrior55: 1:59am On May 11, 2020
S
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Theconglomerate(m): 2:10am On May 11, 2020
Inflation is here to stay I'm afraid.
Sources(overheard from my tomato patrons) say the CBN might start selling forex at the new official pricing only to some select group of importers(manufacturing,pharmaceuticals,etc..) in line with their new found diversification agenda.
It's like they mean it this time I am afraid which might be a good thing but comes with a political cost,which is a good price to pay if you ask me.
What this might mean is no more interventions in their various windows for forex(I&E,BDC,CB...)
This means that the rest of the importers that serve the masses will be left to source their dollars on their own in the unregulated segment at market determined prices.
This might make imported goods so expensive and force Nigerians to patronize and produce locally thereby bringing diversity.
It may or may not happen but it is likely that mid this week might see an increase if fx pricing.
Probability but very likely.
This will solve Nigeria age long diversity problem in the long run,eventhough APC might pay for this come 2023 but it is for the greater good and will build investor confidence too.

4 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Theconglomerate(m): 2:15am On May 11, 2020
Manwarrior55:
Some reassurance from CBN
When they say "repatriate",don't you think they were referring to foreign investors that might want to pull out their funds from Nigeria investments?
Can you please clarify?
If so then does it really reassure local investors?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by creategist: 4:44am On May 11, 2020
speak2lift:
I think it is 30 days but I have asked my Account Officer, I will let you know what he says once I get his confirmation

I would sincerely appreciate this. Thank you in advance.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by pulsa(m): 8:00am On May 11, 2020
ahiboilandgas:
Why would any body do a t.b of 2 or 3 percent for 90 days when a saving account gives 4.5 percent per month....rationality is key.....if u leave 10m in a saving accounts it generate 40k monthly (no lost bids ) while tb 23k per months so in 90 day u make 120k while tb 63k ...only if u are biding 1 year
Are you sure of this rate is it monthly or per anum?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 8:23am On May 11, 2020
pulsa:

daily ....u don hammer be that

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Pascopele: 9:15am On May 11, 2020
shogbenga:

If you have an account where money comes in regularly in form dividends, interests from money market funds, Treasury Bills etc. Your loved ones will be denied immediate access to the fund. Until they get Letter of Administration from the court which takes a long time and also cumbersome
@ Oga Emma
I think a smart way is to make one's wife for instance, a signatory to the accounts if you trust her....I guess this will take care of the need for letter of administration
cheesy
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by helpyom(f): 9:57am On May 11, 2020
V
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 10:00am On May 11, 2020
pulsa:

Rates are calculated per annum

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by pluto09(m): 10:02am On May 11, 2020
zamirikpo:
It's like we have the minister of petroleum resources in our midst.

Discount.....crude oil price is not beans and garri that anyone can just discount.....

Argue with OPEC.

There is a discount on oil price with the current glut....

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-04-28/even-at-10-a-barrel-oil-traders-balk-at-buying-nigeria-s-crude&ved=2ahUKEwjXsZvKuKvpAhXh6OAKHcrgDb0QFjAFegQIBRAC&usg=AOvVaw39yLTcLgiZ_GVChKvgrK9F&cshid=1589187519376
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by helpyom(f): 10:31am On May 11, 2020
Dear Ma, @Sholapey @ahiboilandgas I haven't been able to hear from you since that day about the request I made about investing in me..

Am still soliciting from anyone here cry cry

It's Disgraceful like some people would say begging in a public forum.

I know I just have to go with this measures i needed to speak out to let loose of what has been dieing in me.

Am stil bent on soliciting for help won't mind gathering people that love me to sign as my guarantor,so as to achieve my dream since they don't have it.

I have the offer letter already for the 2 year Graduate entry Nursing program which starts October 2020 Sydney Australia

I can't proceed with anything untill my COE is issued to me that can only be sent when I pay the
3mil part tuition.

Nursing is a lucrative course I can do to pay my other bills while studying, Am also a pharmcy Technician here also have other side skilled work to keep me busy.

I would start with the refunds 6months after my arrival this would have to be on a signed paper which any of my loved ones can stand as my guarantor.

Am so eager with my vision I know there's a brighter future in me if I make this bold move.

All am seeking is for help, granting me this loan this should be something i would be thankful for not something my investor should regret.

Let my life story change by you. cry .
I am a hardworking lady very zealous and passionate about my dreams and life goals.

Attached below is a thread I created years ago about my dreams.

3years after things are still the same way cry embarassed
Please help don't let this dreams and vision in me die off, I would start my payment 6months after arrival I will sign this with my loved ones. embarassed cry

https://www.nairaland.com/3744868/why-people-living-abroad-rarely

(1) (2) (3) ... (1184) (1185) (1186) (1187) (1188) (1189) (1190) ... (2230) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

Viewing this topic: Macktaob(m) and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.