Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,864 members, 7,810,293 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:58 AM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (1471) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4430022 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1468) (1469) (1470) (1471) (1472) (1473) (1474) ... (2228) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by DexterousOne(m): 7:23pm On Aug 04, 2020
emmanuelewumi:

Structure won't come in immediately. Most started as a one man family business, in most cases it is the children who usually take the business to the next level based on their education in business schools

Yea

This is the case sometimes

But sometimes
The first generation is the one that blows up the business
Dangote
Steve Jobs
Jeff Bezos
Mark Zuckerberg etc are all examples of that

It's not a one size fit all thing anyways
It depends on the circumstances surrounding the business
And family does not have to be nuclear
The extended family can also come under the umbrella
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 7:28pm On Aug 04, 2020
DexterousOne:

Based on what I know
The biggest family businesses in Europe do not have their descendants ACTIVELY running it
Yes there are some who still have family members ACTIVELY running it

But for many

They just structures the business such that they own the shares (well majority of it) and sell the rest to the public

Key word
ACTIVELY RUNNING IT

That usually happens in the third generation in most cases. By then the business would have become so big, with operations in different countries and continents.

The family will have a representative on the board, the children will be contractors or suppliers to the company. The family also determine the top management of the company due to their controlling shares in the business

5 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by mindtricks: 7:31pm On Aug 04, 2020
ahiboilandgas:
very serious......i attended the Lagos one by stadium but crowd not much....am am on ground in Abuja am here tomorrow 8 am.....

Bro, I respect your guts.
But, Nigeria is run by callous monsters not leaders.
They don't waste time using maximum force, live ammo on such peaceful protesters.
Extreme caution advised. smiley

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 7:31pm On Aug 04, 2020
DexterousOne:

Yea

But sometimes
Dangote
Steve Jobs
Jeff Bezos

Dangote is not a first generation, he got a leverage from the family

6 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by DexterousOne(m): 7:31pm On Aug 04, 2020
emmanuelewumi:

That usually happens in the third generation in most cases. By then the business would have become so big, with operations in different countries and continents.

The family will have a representative on the board, the children will be contractors or suppliers to the company. The family also determine the top management of the company due to their controlling shares in the business

EXACTLY

sometimes second generation
More often third generation

And sometimes
They dont even have controlling stake

Samsung does not have controlling stake
Neither do Mars
And there are others

Usually they are the biggest voting block
But voting power below 50%

So you can have a situation where family own 35%
While institutional investors and retail investors and pension funds own the rest

I call it the "influential minority stake"

Nigeria should be looking toward this model more

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by DexterousOne(m): 7:32pm On Aug 04, 2020
emmanuelewumi:

Dangote is not a first generation, he got a leverage from the family

I'm talking of the company Dangote grp
He is the first generation to own it and run it

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 7:35pm On Aug 04, 2020
DexterousOne:

Yea

But sometimes
Dangote
Steve Jobs
Jeff Bezos

Steve Jobs, Jeff Bezos, Mark Zuckerberg, Dangote etc. Will just transfer their holdings to a Trust account and their dependsnts will be earning hundreds of millions or billions of dollars every year

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Iogobenz(m): 7:37pm On Aug 04, 2020
DexterousOne:

WTH are you talking about

What you typed up there
Does it make any iota of sense to you?
No I don't,enlighten me please.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nezzjnr: 7:39pm On Aug 04, 2020
ahiboilandgas:
I will be participating in the tommorow revolution now protests in Abuja ....against insecurity,nepotism,high inflation,corruption,fgn jobs racketeering,poor goverance by buhari lead federal govt .....meeting point unity fountain Abuja.......
Nice one boss

But please be Cautious because of some devils in Military wears
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 7:52pm On Aug 04, 2020
mindtricks:

Bro, I respect your guts.
But, Nigeria is run by callous monsters not leaders.
They don't waste time using maximum force, live ammo on such peaceful protesters.
Extreme caution advised. smiley
thank you all for your concerns.my safety will be paramount....

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 8:02pm On Aug 04, 2020
DexterousOne:

EXACTLY

sometimes second generation
More often third generation

And sometimes
They dont even have controlling stake

Samsung does not have controlling stake
Neither do Mars
And there are others

Usually they are the biggest voting block
But voting power below 50%

So you can have a situation where family own 35%
While institutional investors and retail investors and pension funds own the rest

I call it the "influential minority stake"

Nigeria should be looking toward this model more

Same system used by the founder and co-founder of GTB, their ombined direct and indirect holdings in the business is about 10%.

Which is not bad, that will still give each of them a dividend of about N4 billion each from the business

4 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 10:52pm On Aug 04, 2020
Petrol about to hit 150 as new price
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by kintus(m): 12:28am On Aug 05, 2020
ahiboilandgas:
Petrol about to hit 150 as new price

This is no good news at all.

Oga Ahiboilandgas, please is this in any way related to the cut proposal? Or something new brewing?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 8:40am On Aug 05, 2020
kintus:

This is no good news at all.

Oga Ahiboilandgas, please is this in any way related to the cut proposal? Or something new brewing?
the ex depot price is now having 6 naira addition cos of raise in crude price which is the raw material...

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Iogobenz(m): 10:32am On Aug 05, 2020
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nezzjnr: 10:46am On Aug 05, 2020
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Iwanttoto: 10:57am On Aug 05, 2020
Nezzjnr:
https://www.nairaland.com/6035414/40-revolution-now-protesters-arrested

Oga Ahib hope you are safe

Dem go done pack the old man like sardine inside black Maria by now cool
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nezzjnr: 11:11am On Aug 05, 2020
Iwanttoto:

Dem go done pack the old man like sardine inside black Maria by now cool
Nah

At all

Dem no dey fear Face?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Ibrahim505(m): 11:20am On Aug 05, 2020
The government hate any move that will revolt against her. I wonder how could a businessman joint such a high risk protest. Oga Ahib (possibly the one in black and white) need our collective prayers. He is the second most influential contributor in this thread.

5 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Iogobenz(m): 11:32am On Aug 05, 2020
Ibrahim505:
The government hate any move that will revolt against her. I wonder how could a businessman joint such a high risk protest. Oga Ahib (possibly the one in black and white) need our collective prayers. He is the second most influential contributor in this thread.
grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Iwanttoto: 11:52am On Aug 05, 2020
Ibrahim505:

E be like say na him wear that brown chinos with white singlet for the picture

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 12:21pm On Aug 05, 2020
Ibrahim505:
same reason prof soyinka at 86 is protesting on behalf of Lazy youths ......

26 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 12:24pm On Aug 05, 2020
Nezzjnr:
https://www.nairaland.com/6035414/40-revolution-now-protesters-arrested

Oga Ahib hope you are safe
we will arrange lawyers to bail them ....Lagos protests working fine , Abuja is flopping

8 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 12:26pm On Aug 05, 2020
Ibrahim505:
dont worry am a unionist and adviser to (Narto ) if them arrest our members or executive.....no more fuel in station...

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nezzjnr: 12:37pm On Aug 05, 2020
ahiboilandgas:
we will arrange lawyers to bail them ....Lagos protests working fine , Abuja is flopping
Good one boss

Our system is just in ruins
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by missjekyll: 12:43pm On Aug 05, 2020
ahiboilandgas:

Thank God you are okay.So you have got a bail fund? Where is the link? I want to donate.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by missjekyll: 12:46pm On Aug 05, 2020
Hear Ye! Hear Ye! Ladies and gentlemen of this thread.

Anyone who lifts a finger against Ahib from today will have me kicking his or her ass. No exceptions.

I am very impressed. Well done

10 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Iogobenz(m): 1:08pm On Aug 05, 2020
missjekyll:

Thank God you are okay.So you have got a bail fund? Where is the link? I want to donate.

You know it will be better if you join the protesters and bear the risk with them head on..
Anyone can hide behind a group and fund "terrorism",but coming out in the open is what matters most if you want your voice to be heard properly and will make you the hero you so much desire to be.
So why not join them so we can take your cause seriously?
If you want to better Nigeria,come back home and open a business especially in your field of expertise.
Barbarism and stupidity has never made any nation progress.
Vanderbilt,Rockefeller,Dangote,Rothschild,etc... all contributed to the progress of their various nations by creating empires and not destroying them by acts of civil unrest.
Vandals/economie terrorists will be met by acts of fury from the Nigeria armed forces.
Be wise!

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by barrydiv7: 1:11pm On Aug 05, 2020
Greetings my ogas in the house, please is it advisable to buy dollar now and keep it for a short while (maybe Jan or feb)?
Your suggestions will be highly appreciated. Thanks
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 1:20pm On Aug 05, 2020
missjekyll:

Narto Got a legal department it well funded,must of the protester comes from certain civil organistation groups.... there are no anarchists in batch i joined we will submitted our well drafted letter of displeasure to any representative of the Nigeeria state .....

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Ikjosh04: 1:21pm On Aug 05, 2020
Iogobenz:
You know it will be better if you join the protesters and bear the risk with them head on..
Anyone can hide behind a group and fund "terrorism",but coming out in the open is what matters most if you want your voice to be heard properly and will make you the hero you so much desire to be.
So why not join them so we can take your cause seriously?
If you want to better Nigeria,come back home and open a business especially in your field of expertise.
Barbarism and stupidity has never made any nation progress.
Vanderbilt,Rockefeller,Dangote,Rothschild,etc... all contributed to the progress of their various nations by creating empires and not destroying them by acts of civil unrest.
Vandals/economie terrorists will be met by acts of fury from the Nigeria armed forces.
Be wise!

5 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Ibrahim505(m): 1:24pm On Aug 05, 2020
ahiboilandgas:
Good to read you are safe! Hope you refrain from such risky venture and i hope you will learn some lessons from your frontiers that are facing the ground above. Stay safe.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1468) (1469) (1470) (1471) (1472) (1473) (1474) ... (2228) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.