Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,198 members, 7,811,523 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:41 PM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (1490) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4431414 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1487) (1488) (1489) (1490) (1491) (1492) (1493) ... (2228) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by tolajay: 3:57pm On Aug 19, 2020
Crazy trusim.

DexterousOne:

This could honestly work
But this is Nigeria Nigeria tho undecided

The structure is such that the very worst of us get to the top of everything
While those who can make the impact are locked out

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 4:41pm On Aug 19, 2020
ojesymsym:
Number 1 and 2 are suspect and incorrect if you ask me.

How?

Please explain

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by realking(m): 8:45pm On Aug 19, 2020
My concern here is that as CBN stopped funding bdc and banks limiting offshore foreign currency transfers/ withdrawal the resultant effect should have been decreased importation and boost in local production thereby increasing the strength of naira. But what we are seeing is that my people still find a way to smuggle thousands(possibly millions) of dollar as cash outside Nigeria. Government is aware of this situation and can block majority of the loopholes used in smuggling out dollar as cash but they are not doing it. My conclusion here is that we are not yet serious as a country and this means that no economic formula/monetary police implemented by CBN will ever work until we tell ourselves the truth and be ready to work with sincerity.
ahiboilandgas:
For local investors holding dollars while the black markets rates is tempting. 475 which is more of a speculative rate ....the cbn has stopped funding bdc and bta and pta once international air travel open up with thousand of Nigerians coming back for Christmas and other cbn will start funding those segement too according to them .....this will make price crash tp circa 400 ....a wopping lost of 75 naira .......dont invest and sleep....your eye ,ears,and nose should be on 3 time . . Crude prices,covid vaccine(international travels) and cbn/bdc policey........we in Abcon anticipate a loss of 20 bn in between ...........non greedy local investor that had dollars at 360 has sold off at 470 and waitng for 400 naira one to be available by nov/dec to stock up........... while greedy investors are hoping to reach 520 first ......surely they will get burnt it a circle ....

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by TransAtlanticEx(m): 8:51pm On Aug 19, 2020
realking:
My concern here is that as CBN stopped funding bdc and banks limiting offshore foreign currency transfers/ withdrawal the resultant effect should have been decreased importation and boost in local production thereby increasing the strength of naira. But what we are seeing is that my people still find a way to smuggle thousands(possibly millions) of dollar as cash outside Nigeria. Government is aware of this situation and can block majority of the loopholes used in smuggling out dollar as cash but they are not doing it. My conclusion here is that we are not yet serious as a country and this means that no economic formula/monetary police implemented by CBN will ever work until we tell ourselves the truth and be ready to work with sincerity.
What method would you use to block currency smuggling if you were in power?
I'm curious...

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by realking(m): 9:18pm On Aug 19, 2020
TransAtlanticEx:
What method would you use to block currency smuggling if you were in power?
I'm curious...
if custom is actually in charge of clearing of good and CBN is in charge of Form M for importation, we can make a policy that source of fund for every importation must pass through Nigerian banks. Both custom and CBN can share data on this and extra criteria for clearing goods will be a confirmation that funds used for importation passed through a Nigerian bank

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by TransAtlanticEx(m): 9:23pm On Aug 19, 2020
realking:
if custom is actually in charge of clearing of good and CBN is in charge of Form M for importation, we can make a policy that source of fund for every importation must pass through Nigerian banks. Both custom and CBN can share data on this and extra criteria for clearing goods will be a confirmation that funds used for importation passed through a Nigerian bank
This is really brilliant but will cause heavy congestion at the ports,a collapse of the BDC industry and an uprise of deadlier activities at the land borders by daredevil commodty smugglers and also don't forget that the customs itself is as porous and corrupt as hell,hence it will just lead to more money in the hands of corrupt officers.
But then,this is really brilliant,kudos!
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by realking(m): 9:33pm On Aug 19, 2020
TransAtlanticEx:
This is really brilliant but will cause heavy congestion at the ports,a collapse of the BDC industry and an uprise of deadlier activities at the land borders by daredevil commodty smugglers and also don't forget that the customs itself is as porous and corrupt as hell,hence it will just lead to more money in the hands of corrupt officers.
But then,this is really brilliant,kudos!
But the land borders are presumed closed. Also ask the question where BDCs are getting excess dollar as cash while cbn is not currently funding them. The answer is smuggling of dollar into the country as cash to sell to businessmen at high rate. The same dollar is smuggled out of Nigeria as cash. that is y I earlier said that nothing will ever work until we are serious and sincere to ourselves. I rest my case. Goodnight virtual friends.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by TransAtlanticEx(m): 9:45pm On Aug 19, 2020
realking:
But the land borders are presumed closed. Also ask the question where BDCs are getting excess dollar as cash while cbn is not currently funding them. The answer is smuggling of dollar into the country as cash to sell to businessmen at high rate. The same dollar is smuggled out of Nigeria as cash. that is y I earlier said that nothing will ever work until we are serious and sincere to ourselves. I rest my case. Goodnight virtual friends.
Yes we know what they are selling now is smuggled currency.
Land borders are very porous and can never be controlled properly,especially towards human traffic.
There are a lot of footpaths one could use to just stroll into Nigeria with currency.
Some good points you raised her tonight.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:18am On Aug 20, 2020
@emmasoft

Couldn't submit my online filled form an account opening.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmasoft(m): 12:45am On Aug 20, 2020
Phylife:
@emmasoft

Couldn't submit my online filled form an account opening.

Two possibilities

1. It could be network issues from your internet provider at d moment you are trying to submit
2. Your kyc documents may be too large.

Solutions
1. You can try again at a suitable time
2. Reduce your kyc documents before uploading
3. You can also reach out to me on 08181057319
I can help out on the reduction process or if you think there are other possible cause of the issue.

Be assured the link is working and you will be able to submit just as others are doing.
We value your patronage
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by noony926: 5:20am On Aug 20, 2020
Except WesternUnion, MoneyGram and Form M, is there any other means of sending money to my Chinese producer at cheaper rate, because the rate of dollar now is very outrageous. Pls, I am seriously need to find some means of sending money to China at cheaper rate.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Uchefrancis16(m): 5:33am On Aug 20, 2020
unite4real:

the response from Uchefrancis16 is ok to go with. I am certain you were alloted. its also possible u were sent a mail. Try looking at your spam folder for the mail. if u cannot find it, reach out to FBNQuest
Thank you

I emailed them directly, and they responded with the confirmation document. The complete fund was taken.

Thanks a billion brother. This wouldn’t have even started not to talk of being completed without your contributions.

I really appreciate.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by jp130(m): 5:49am On Aug 20, 2020

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Leezah(f): 8:44am On Aug 20, 2020
emmanuelewumi:

The property is expensive.

Land in that part of Ikorodu is less than N5 million, the amount spent on the uncompleted building should be maximum of N3 million

I will need between N3 million to N5 million to complete the property and I doubt if I can generate a rental income of 500k per annum from that part of Ikorodu.
Sir, it is not, Land in that area of ikorodu goes from 9m and above and the price is negotiable. I can give you receipts of the items used in putting the building up.

Same thing ahiboilandgas said, I cant rent out a property in a suburb of Lagos for 400k the apartment has been occupied.

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by NL1960: 9:08am On Aug 20, 2020
emmasoft:

Two possibilities

1. It could be network issues from your internet provider at d moment you are trying to submit

Solutions
I can help out on the reduction process or if you think there are other possible cause of the issue.

Be assured the link is working and you will be able to submit just as others are doing.
We value your patronage

The link is working as i used it to open a VGIF yesterday. Just chilling now waiting for my account number as my TB will mature next week.

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by NL1960: 9:11am On Aug 20, 2020
jp130:
Thank you so much sir, i appreciate

Madam Sholapey is a female just in case of next time reference.

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by unite4real: 9:18am On Aug 20, 2020
Uchefrancis16:

Thank you

I emailed them directly, and they responded with the confirmation document. The complete fund was taken.

Thanks a billion brother. This wouldn’t have even started not to talk of being completed without your contributions.

I really appreciate.

You are welcome bro
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 9:20am On Aug 20, 2020
NL1960:

female with zeal of made men ...opps i hope say the feminist crew will not chop off my head.....

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:34am On Aug 20, 2020
jp130:
Thank you so much sir, i appreciate

You're most welcome sir/ma.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:35am On Aug 20, 2020
ahiboilandgas:
female with zeal of made men ...opps i hope say the feminist crew will not chop off my head.....
cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:36am On Aug 20, 2020
NL1960:

go raibh maith agat cheesy

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by IyaTola: 9:37am On Aug 20, 2020
Sweetie, sell it an any price you wish to but in syc with current reality. Just take the advice here and sieve it
Leezah:
Sir, it is not, Land in that area of ikorodu goes from 9m and above and the price is negotiable. I can give you receipts of the items used in putting the building up.

Same thing ahiboilandgas said, I cant rent out a property in a suburb of Lagos for 400k the apartment has been occupied.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by OgogoroFreak(m): 10:22am On Aug 20, 2020
IyaTola:
Sweetie, sell it an any price you wish to but in syc with current reality. Just take the advice here and sieve it
Stop telling people the price they should sell their property. It's business. If they can't get a buyer at their current price, they'll surely adjust the price.

I have sold property at 300% profit before. If I didn't get a buyer, I would have reduced my price.

8 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Ibrahim505(m): 10:31am On Aug 20, 2020
emmasoft:

Two possibilities

Solutions

We value your patronage
It seem you made some changes regarding interest with ziing app. Let the new changes reflects in the help button of the zplan. I downloaded the app 5days ago as it remain same.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by IyaTola: 10:33am On Aug 20, 2020
You quoted the wrong person.
OgogoroFreak:
Stop telling people the price they should sell their property. It's business. If they can't get a buyer at their current price, they'll surely adjust the price.

I have sold property at 300% profit before. If I could not get a buyer, I would have reduced the price.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 11:11am On Aug 20, 2020
Leezah:

With your N5 million you will buy a plot of land at Ogolonto about 5 minutes walk to the BRT stand

Ogolonto is closer to Maryland, compared to the hinterland location of Ikorodu where this property is located.

We are in a buyers market.

And Ikorodu tenants can owe for Africa, you will end up selling the property.

6 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmasoft(m): 12:03pm On Aug 20, 2020
Ibrahim505:

It seem you made some changes regarding interest with ziing app. Let the new changes reflects in the help button of the zplan. I downloaded the app 5days ago as it remain same.

Your feedback is well appreciated and rate adjustment will be updated.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmasoft(m): 12:09pm On Aug 20, 2020
NL1960:

The link is working as i used it to open a VGIF yesterday. Just chilling now waiting for my account number as my TB will mature next week.

Thank you Sir for choosing Investment One. I hope you got the usual acknowledgement mail after form submission.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by NL1960: 12:21pm On Aug 20, 2020
emmasoft:

Thank you Sir for choosing Investment One. I hope you got the usual acknowledgement mail after form submission.

I got it immediately. Checked my mail an hour ago and discovered that the account has been created. That was fast. I have also created a login profile from the website as i intend to do my monitoring from the login profile.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by pulsa(m): 12:39pm On Aug 20, 2020
IamR:

My friend sold his USD at N470 last week, but I have neither sold nor withdrawn USD this month.
How can I receive usd from a foreign entity to sell

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by pulsa(m): 1:14pm On Aug 20, 2020
Nezzjnr:
*ANNOUNCEMENT TO EVERYONE!!!*

Please & please if you have plans to buy land in PAKURO or MOWE or LOTTO, Don't do that for now, because FED ERAL GOVERNMENT wanted to build power line (TCN) & interchange link like the one at Shagamu.

And the road will link to AKUTE & IKORODU, It will affect part of RCCG, Deeper Life, Bala House & lots of homes.

RIGHT NOW PEOPLE ARE SELLING THEIR PROPERTIES (LANDS & HOUSES) TO THOSE WHO ARE NOT INFORMED.

Make research before you venture into immovable property.

Please save the novice from falling such victim (caveat emptor)...

Share this information to your family & friends!

How true is this
What of queens park mowe ofada?

(1) (2) (3) ... (1487) (1488) (1489) (1490) (1491) (1492) (1493) ... (2228) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.