Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,748 members, 7,831,387 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 06:03 PM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (1539) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4460736 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1536) (1537) (1538) (1539) (1540) (1541) (1542) ... (2233) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Akin3891: 7:47pm On Sep 12, 2020
RayRay06677:

You are right, just couldn't miss you guys. Reason I left or changed handle, someone mentioned my surname so I felt he must have known me in real life and am busy mentioning millions, Me that is a regular Joe in town. Realized we exchanged mails and he got my name. Reason I wouldn't accept mails. Everything ends here, anything we can't discuss here can wait. Grateful and appreciate everybody here.

Oops, Barry. I was going to ask of you cos you appeared in my thoughts just last week while reading on here. Welcome back if you are the real 1b.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by chukzyfcbb: 7:49pm On Sep 12, 2020
RayRay06677:
Being learning a lot here, I personally decides to risk 5m last week on the ponzi. 2m for 50% quarterly, 2m for 15% monthly and 1m for 20%. 3 different forex trading firms in Uyo. I advise against it but I needed to take a risk, have been extra careful in my investment years and I think giving out that chunk is cool. Was even thinking of taking it to 30m but I will wait and see how my 5m crashes. (all 3 firms at once).
That's a poor diversification strategy.

When you diversify, you should do so across an asset class.
all 3 brokerage firms are all in the same asset class, and all 3 can go down in one day. All it takes is one CBN policy or something it's game over.

This is not diversification bro

5 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Pee2Jay9: 7:53pm On Sep 12, 2020
Are you sure it is not MBA forex? I know that the MD is a celebrated member of Christ Embassy

Telsidelake:
Just saw a video from Pastor Chris Oyakhilome talking about Ponzi scheme. For him to deviate to that topic there is fire on the mountain. Perhaps a certain influential member has gone for confession. Or he has received info from insiders in Govt. He is now trying to dissociate himself publicly in preparation for when the bubble burst finally. Hope he has not given this church member award sha o! lipsrsealed Those who have ears let them hear.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by RayRay06677(m): 7:55pm On Sep 12, 2020
Thanks for all the nice words, never knew this much, before I draw conclusions on issues I always ask "the intent" when that is solved then you will decide your fate. Am not here to proof that ray and Barry are same. I explained why I changed. Am sticking to TBills but thought I can risk 5m, I have e always been too careful, watching people cash out for over 2 years, thank God it's just 5m I put and did so in 3 different platform. Am expecting 30m by 24th of this month was contemplating risking it too hence my coming here to disturb your peace knowing that I will be discouraged. Even the bond I asked to kick start, rates are going south. I understand they are also running training, I intend using my first roi to register and trade on my own in future. But for now, let the 5m walk. I Don taya for conservation lifestyle.

N/B: am not promoting anything, got nothing to gain, only came for restrictions before I dump my 30m further. I took a bad risk, wouldn't blink if it fails.

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 7:57pm On Sep 12, 2020
Akin3891:

Yes it's, highly risky. I traded some years ago so I'm talking base on experience, sometimes I could make 1m a day but next day I could lose 1.5m.

This is a trying times for investors and also a time to be extra careful. Ponzi, speculations are not for smart investors. Slow n steady win d race, I was able to buy DANGOTE paper last week for a meagre of 5%, wish u all best of luck.

Which of the Investment houses did you buy Dangote cement commercial paper?

So Dangote is getting loan from you at 5%, which he will use to make about 20%

4 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by RayRay06677(m): 8:02pm On Sep 12, 2020
Akin3891:

Oops, Barry. I was going to ask of you cos you appeared in my thoughts just last week while reading on here. Welcome back if you are the real 1b.

Still focus on the 1b but modus operandi will change slightly as TBills has gone to sleep.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Telsidelake: 8:05pm On Sep 12, 2020
RayRay06677:
Thanks for all the nice words, never knew this much, before I draw conclusions on issues I always ask "the intent" when that is solved then you will decide your fate. Am not here to proof that ray and Barry are same. I explained why I changed. Am sticking to TBills but thought I can risk 5m, I have e always been too careful, watching people cash out for over 2 years, thank God it's just 5m I put and did so in 3 different platform. Am expecting 30m by 24th of this month was contemplating risking it too hence my coming here to disturb your peace knowing that I will be discouraged. Even the bond I asked to kick start, rates are going south. I understand they are also running training, I intend using my first roi to register and trade on my own in future. But for now, let the 5m walk. I Don taya for conservation lifestyle.

N/B: am not promoting anything, got nothing to gain, only came for restrictions before I dump my 30m further. I took a bad risk, wouldn't blink if it fails.

I understand how it feels seeing people cash out of risky investment that investment gurus always warn people to avoid. You have risked the N5m, that's still ok. But leave the N30m in a safer place. I liked your stance on treasury bill despite the naysayers who were trying to get you to move. No fall my hand abeg. If you lose that N30m, e go pain me. grin Your case go come be like mary amaka wey misbehave one time come get HIV.

6 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Cyberknight: 8:05pm On Sep 12, 2020
emmanuelewumi:

Which of the Investment houses did you buy Dangote cement commercial paper?

This is the funny part.
CBN has no idea what it's doing driving savings and other money market rates down like this; what are pensioners and other savers supposed to do now, take unnecessary risks with which they are not comfortable? And what about pension fund managers, earning 3% from TBills will not be sustainable in the long term if they are supposed to run their establishments therefrom.

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ojesymsym: 8:15pm On Sep 12, 2020
Sir, please where can I get data on stocks that have been paying dividends since 2005 and the amounts?

emmanuelewumi:

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:16pm On Sep 12, 2020
Cyberknight:

This is the funny part.
CBN has no idea what it's doing driving savings and other money market rates down like this; what are pensioners and other savers supposed to do now, take unnecessary risks with which they are not comfortable? And what about pension fund managers, earning 3% from TBills will not be sustainable in the long term if they are supposed to run their establishments therefrom.

Not true that CBN does not know what it's (they are) doing - they know far better. They're at the forefront on the driver's seat.

To know what they (CBN and a host of others) do is simple. Dig deep and look for their motives in relation to the happenings within and outside the economy.

Again, saying they don't know what they're doing is an aberration.

Am enjoying every juice dropping from the masters, more grease to your elbows.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 8:17pm On Sep 12, 2020
ojesymsym:
Sir, please where can I get data on stocks that have been paying dividends since 2005 and the amounts?

Nigeria Stock Exchange website.

Look at the companies under the Pension Fund index

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by chukzyfcbb: 8:20pm On Sep 12, 2020
emmanuelewumi:
Fact sheet of FBN Asset Management for August 2020

Money market funds= N223 billion under management.

Fixed income fund=N15 billion under management

Eurobond fund=$14 million

Not Stanbic IBTC Asset Management has more funds that they managing
Out of curiosity I would like to ask because I am just noticing this.

why is Citibank the custodian for FBN asset management? why didn't they use FBN Bank instead?

have you got any clue why?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 8:21pm On Sep 12, 2020
Cyberknight:

This is the funny part.

Pension Fund Managers have more funds in FG bonds than in Treasury Bills. I think PENCOM needs to allow Pension Fund Managers to start investing maximum of 10% of their funds in the international markets
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Cyberknight: 8:22pm On Sep 12, 2020
Phylife:

Not true that CBN does not know what it's (they are) doing - they know far better. They're at the forefront on the driver's seat.

To know what they (CBN and a host of others) do is simple. Dig deep and look for their motives in relation to the happenings within and outside the economy.

Again, saying they don't know what they're doing is an aberration.

Am enjoying every juice dropping from the masters, more grease to your elbows.

Aberration?
I strongly disagree with their policy concerning the multiple exchange rates (not working in Nigeria's case) and the slashing of interest rates on savings deposits, why would that be an aberration? Haven't we the right to disagree anymore?

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 8:23pm On Sep 12, 2020
chukzyfcbb:

Out of curiosity I would like to ask because I am just noticing this.

why is Citibank the custodian for FBN asset management? why didn't they use FBN Bank instead?

have you got any clue why?

Part of SEC guidelines. Other fund managers have FBN as their custodian.

Each fund managed by FBN Quest Asset Management have different custodians and Trustees.

Check out the Trustees and Custodian of a fund managed by Investment One. The are usually different from the fund manager

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Cyberknight: 8:24pm On Sep 12, 2020
emmanuelewumi:

Pension Fund Managers have more funds in FG bonds than in Treasury Bills. [b]I think PENCOM needs to allow Pension Fund Managers to start investing maximum of 10% of their funds in the international market[/b]s

I think their idea is to keep the funds in the Nigerian economy.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by chukzyfcbb: 8:26pm On Sep 12, 2020
emmanuelewumi:

Part of SEC guidelines. Other fund managers have FBN as their custodian.

Each fund managed by FBN Quest Asset Management have different custodians and Trustees
Thanks
I am a bit uncomfortable seeing Citibank as the custodian tho, that's all
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 8:31pm On Sep 12, 2020
chukzyfcbb:

Thanks
I am a bit uncomfortable seeing Citibank as the custodian tho, that's all

Citibank is an international bank, most multinational companies do business with them

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ojesymsym: 8:34pm On Sep 12, 2020
I am unable to locate this. I am really sorry to bother you.

emmanuelewumi:

Nigeria Stock Exchange website.

Look at the companies under the Pension Fund index
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 8:35pm On Sep 12, 2020
Cyberknight:

I think their idea is to keep the funds in the Nigerian economy.

They need to diversify. A South African Pension Fund Manager is an important shareholder of Dangote cement and MTN Nigeria.

Pension Fund Managers should only give conditions of the criteria such companies will have before the pension fund managers can invest in them.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 8:37pm On Sep 12, 2020
ojesymsym:
I am unable to locate this. I am really sorry to bother you.

There are about 40 companies that have been growing and consistent with dividend payments for more than 5 years which Pension Fund Managers are permitted to invest in.

You can do a Google search
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ojesymsym: 8:39pm On Sep 12, 2020
The closest I have gotten is 2014, nothing earlier from my search so far.
emmanuelewumi:

There are about 40 companies that have been growing and consistent with dividend payments for more than 5 years which Pension Fund Managers are permitted to invest in.

You can do a Google search
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Cyberknight: 8:40pm On Sep 12, 2020
emmanuelewumi:

They need to diversify. A South African Pension Fund Manager is an important shareholder of Dangote cement and MTN Nigeria.

Pension Fund Managers should only give conditions of the criteria such companies will have before the pension fund managers can invest in them.

I agree with the need for diversification, especially in the light of recent trends here.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 8:46pm On Sep 12, 2020
ojesymsym:
The closest I have gotten is 2014, nothing earlier from my search so far.

Very good point to start from.

Get the companies and get across to their registrars, you will get the capitalisation history and dividend history for as long as possible
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ojesymsym: 8:48pm On Sep 12, 2020
Thanks a lot.
emmanuelewumi:

Very good point to start from.

Get the companies and get across to their registrars, you will get the capitalisation history and dividend history for as long as possible
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:56pm On Sep 12, 2020
emmanuelewumi:

Ikeja DISCO made an average revenue of about N65 billion per annum between 2013 and 2017., Although I strongly believe it should be higher than that.

What type of investments did the company make between 2013 and 2017 that losses running into tens of billions were made every year, liabilities grew, assets reduced and shareholders fund reduced from N60 billion in 2013 to negative N35 billion in 2017 that is a depletion of N95 billion over a period of 5 years.

No record of paying back loans because the values of the liabilities are increasing every year, no record of making more investments. FG still has 49% of the company, they should not allow this type of asset stripping to take place at all.

You asked for the technical partners of Ikeja Distribution. It is Korean Electric Power Company. As per the bolded, it is not Investments that are driving the losses. The company is not making enough revenues (tariff and collections) to cover expenses and this has led to losses over the 5 year period. Losses will eat up all your shareholders equity until it becomes negative. Liabilities are growing not because of increasing debt but rising trade credit (money owed NBET) as the company is not able to fully make payments to NBET. Assets are decreasing because of depreciation and not asset stripping as you mentioned. The distribution assets are being impaired and deprecated while the company is not acquiring distribution assets at the same pace as depreciation. Bottom line: it hasn’t been a good investment for the investors and this is because of the underlying issues around tariffs and collections.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Grupo(m): 9:04pm On Sep 12, 2020
IS the attached screenshot really the investment one website?

I am asking because it looks like something done using Dreamweaver by a beginner website designer.

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 9:09pm On Sep 12, 2020
Lazyyouth4u:

You asked for the technical partners of Ikeja Distribution. It is Korean Electric Power Company. As per the bolded, it is not Investments that are driving the losses. The company is not making enough revenues (tariff and collections) to cover expenses and this has led to losses over the 5 year period. Losses will eat up all your shareholders equity until it becomes negative. Liabilities are growing not because of increasing debt but rising trade credit as the company is not able to fully make payments to NBET. Assets are decreasing because of depreciation and not asset stripping as you mentioned. The distribution assets are being impaired and deprecated while the company is not acquiring distribution assets at the same pace as depreciation. Bottom line: it hasn’t been a good investment for the investors and this is because of the underlying issues around tariffs and collections.

You tried defending them, but I won't buy that

Current liabilities increased from N6.5 billion in 2013 to N172 billion in 2017.

Non current liabilities increased from zero in 2013 to N40 billion in 2017.

Total liabilities now increased from just N6.5 billion in 2013 to N212 billion in 2017.

In short they have raped and killed this company.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:53pm On Sep 12, 2020
emmanuelewumi:

You tried defending them, but I won't buy that

Current liabilities increased from N6.5 billion in 2013 to N172 billion in 2017.

Non current liabilities increased from zero in 2013 to N40 billion in 2017.

Total liabilities now increased from just N6.5 billion in 2013 to N212 billion in 2017.

In short they have raped and killed this company.

Sir, the company was acquired in 2013 and that is why you will find the non current liabilities (loans) growing from zero in that year to N40bn in 2017.

The current liabilities as I mentioned earlier is the money owed to NBET which is understandable. How can they pay NBET when they are not even making money from collections? The investors paid billions of Naira to the FGN for 60% of the company. We all agree they over paid. Why would Sahara Group and Korea Electric Company pay so much money to buy majority shares in a company only to turn around and ‘rape and kill the company’? Would you?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by richforever123: 9:59pm On Sep 12, 2020
Grupo:
IS the attached screenshot really the investment one website?

I am asking because it looks like something done using Dreamweaver by a beginner website designer.

grin grin grin grin grin I ran when I saw this too
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Grupo(m): 10:07pm On Sep 12, 2020
richforever123:

grin grin grin grin grin I ran when I saw this too

I have been seeing a lot of red flags on their site. Maybe I'm just being paranoid.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1536) (1537) (1538) (1539) (1540) (1541) (1542) ... (2233) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.