Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,645 members, 7,813,164 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:05 AM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (1542) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4433597 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1539) (1540) (1541) (1542) (1543) (1544) (1545) ... (2228) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Cyberknight: 3:53pm On Sep 13, 2020
otomatic:
When the currently most profitable bank in naija, ZIB, is giving maximum interest of 0.5% for deposits of 200m and above and 0.4% for anything below, i become suspicious of any MFB offering 14%. Are they a wonder bank? Better park your cash with a regulated asset management company o.

Maybe giving those interest rates is what is making them very profitable wink

But you're right. 14% in September 2020 is simply too good to be true.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by sammily(m): 4:00pm On Sep 13, 2020
otomatic:
When the currently most profitable bank in naija, ZIB, is giving maximum interest of 0.5% for deposits of 200m and above and 0.4% for anything below, i become suspicious of any MFB offering 14%. Are they a wonder bank? Better park your cash with a regulated asset management company o.

Can you name one or two that you consider the best to '' park our cash in '' I know of Stanbic assets managers, is there any other better?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Afr0mentalist: 4:03pm On Sep 13, 2020
Enyinne:
Did i borrow from u or ur bankers ?why is my affairs ur business? Pls dont mention my name in such quote again. I'm old enough to run my life and my finances
@bolded

Please dear Enyinne, I want to believe you and Lazyyouth4u are not the same person. To this effect, can you kindly tell us on which post Transatlanticex mentioned you the first time on this issue ?

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by otomatic(m): 4:10pm On Sep 13, 2020
sammily:

Can you name one or two that you consider the best to '' park our cash in '' I know of Stanbic assets managers, is there any other better?

There are plenty of them. United capital, Fbn quest, Investment one, Quantum Zenith asset management...
Just compare their fund performance.
Personally, I avoid equity funds and balance funds. Of course due diligence is advised.

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Eddee(m): 4:20pm On Sep 13, 2020
sammily:

Stay with Stanbic Asset Managers, it's very easy to keep track of your portfolio especially if you're always on the move (and invest in more than one offering, plan or instrument). Better app interface, more responsive customer care and besides less queues at physical branches in the event that sh*t hits the fan and you want to redeem more than the limit allowable online.

Did I forget to mention that redemption requests are processed faster than Zenith. I use both, had to diversify my small portfolio a while back, in retrospect I should have kept everything with Stanbic.

If I perish, I perish!

5 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by BUTTERMILKSUGAR(m): 4:22pm On Sep 13, 2020
I posted on the wrong thread
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by cirtapoyat: 4:42pm On Sep 13, 2020
I am so worried and confused at how things are going. I went through hell yesterday. Trust no one cry

A close friend of mine proposed a new business idea(Okirika business precisely ) which I was very cool with it because we're almost in a festive period and he mentioned how much we stand to gain if we work together as a team.

Before this close friend of mine brought up this business idea of his, I had about 70k in my union account, he said I'd part with about 50k and he will also add his own 50k to make it a 100k so we can order for our goods directly from a guy he claimed he trusted. I gave him 50 then I was left with 20k with a lot of expenses but I had no worries because I felt — I have a legit business,
with alot of profit coming.

Now forward to last week Wednesday; our goods was supposed to be delivered on or before Thursday, so we start selling full time on Friday and Saturday.

PS: I have no clue about this business. my part was just to partner with my friend who understands
invest my own capital, have my goods delivered then business begins.

Now the real issues that are so much bothering me is; I don't even know the said guy who was suppose to deliver our goods, from the way things are going, I don't need a soothsayer to know I have been scammed likewise my friend.

God, why do bad things happen to
honest people with good intents.

I just felt like sharing this
here because I feel more like a FAM here.
Presently i'm so broke to the neck, like I literally need to start from the scratch. Please help me. I'd appreciate every help kind gesture from anyone who have enough to spare.
Thanks
Union Bank 0018958987

Are you daft? These beggy beggy guys have infiltrated this place too. O lagbara o.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by BUTTERMILKSUGAR(m): 4:45pm On Sep 13, 2020
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by drotba(m): 4:58pm On Sep 13, 2020
pluto09:

When you are ready.
In the mean time,there are good books out there you can be playing around with even if you are not ready. Learning is a long life process. All of us are still learning..

Sir please help us with the books

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:05pm On Sep 13, 2020
BUTTERMILKSUGAR:
I am so worried and confused at how things are going. I went through hell yesterday. Trust no one cry

A close friend of mine proposed a new business idea(Okirika business precisely ) which I was very cool with it because we're almost in a festive period and he mentioned how much we stand to gain if we work together as a team.

Before this close friend of mine brought up this business idea of his, I had about 70k in my union account, he said I'd part with about 50k and he will also add his own 50k to make it a 100k so we can order for our goods directly from a guy he claimed he trusted. I gave him 50 then I was left with 20k with a lot of expenses but I had no worries because I felt — I have a legit business,

Now forward to last week Wednesday; our goods was supposed to be delivered on or before Thursday, so we start selling full time on Friday and Saturday.

PS: I have no clue about this business. my part was just to partner with my friend who understands
invest my own capital, have my goods delivered then business begins.

Now the real issues that are so much bothering me is; I don't even know the said guy who was suppose to deliver our goods, from the way things are going, I don't need a soothsayer to know I have been scammed likewise my friend.

God, why do bad things happen to

here because I feel more like a FAM here.
Presently i'm so broke to the neck, like I literally need to start from the scratch. Please help me. I'd appreciate every help kind gesture from anyone who have enough to spare.
Thanks
Union Bank 0018958987

kentgold:
I was so bittered and angry at everything and
everyone two days back.I went through hell yesterday. Trust
no one.
Here is my story;
A close friend of mine proposed a new business idea
( Okirika business precisely ) which I was very cool with
it because we're almost in a festive period and I know
how much we stand to gain if we work together as a
team.
Before this close friend of mind brought up this business
idea of his, I had about 70k in my union account, he
said I'd part with about 50k and he will also add his
own 50k to make it a 100k so we can order for our
goods directly from a guy he claimed he trusted, which I
did,.then am left with 20k with a lot of expenses but I
had no worries because I felt — I have a legit business,
Now back forward to last week Wednesday; our goods
was supposed to be delivered on or before Thursday, so
we start selling full time on Friday and Saturday.
PS: I have no clue about this business. my part was
just to partner with my friend ( more like a middleman ),
invest my own capital, have my goods delivered then
business begins.
Now the real issue that is so much bothering me is; I
don't even know the said guy who was suppose to
deliver our goods, from the way things are going, I
don't need a soothsayer to know I have been scammed
likewise my friend, God, why do bad things happen to
here, may be.
I feel more like a FAM here.
Presently, I'm so broke to the neck, like I literally need
to start from the scratch. I'd appreciate any kind
gesture from anyone who have enough to spare.
Thanks.

Raeheemwayne:
Lol. I was so bittered and angry at everything and everyone two days back. but, This thread brightened my mood this morning, I went through hell yesterday. Trust no one.
Here is my story;
A close friend of mine proposed a new business idea ( Okirika business precisely ) which I was very cool with it because we're almost in a festive period and I know how much we stand to gain if we work together as a team.
Initially, I trade bitcoins ( buy/sell ) but I still needed a lot of capital for it and I'm also a part time nails and beauty stylist ( part time in the sense that; since I got admitted into the university, I only deliver home services ).

Before this close friend of mind brought up this business idea of his, I had about 70k in my polaris account, he said I'd part with about 50k and he will also add his own 50k to make it a 100k so we can order for our goods directly from a guy he claimed he trusted, which I did,.then am left with 20k with a lot of expenses but I had no worries because I felt — I have a legit business, with alot of profit coming.

Now back forward to last week Wednesday; our goods was supposed to be delivered on or before Thursday, so we start selling full time on Friday and Saturday.

PS: I have no clue about this business. my part was just to partner with my friend ( more like a middleman ), invest my own capital, have my goods delivered then business begins.

Now the real issue that is so much bothering me is; I don't even know the said guy who was suppose to deliver our goods, from the way things are going, I don't need a soothsayer to know I have been scammed likewise my friend, God, why do bad things happen to honest people with good intents.
I'd have created a thread for this but the audience will be too loud and unnecessary, I just felt like sharing this here, may be because I feel more like a FAM here.

Presently, I'm so broke to the neck, like I literally need to start from the scratch. I'd appreciate any kind gesture from anyone who have enough to spare.
Thanks.

15 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by pluto09(m): 5:17pm On Sep 13, 2020
drotba:

Sir please help us with the books

The intelligent investor by Benjamin Graham is a must.
I personally like Peter Lynch books,beating the street and one up on wall street are my favourites.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by drotba(m): 5:19pm On Sep 13, 2020
pluto09:

The intelligent investor by Benjamin Graham is a must.
I personally like Peter Lynch books,beating the street and one up on wall street are my favourites.

Thank you sir
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Enyinne(f): 5:44pm On Sep 13, 2020
He has edited the post to remove my name cos sir Emma corrected him that its not necessary to mention names.
Afr0mentalist:

@bolded

Please dear Enyinne, I want to believe you and Lazyyouth4u are not the same person. To this effect, can you kindly tell us on which post Transatlanticex mentioned you the first time on this issue ?

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmasoft(m): 6:10pm On Sep 13, 2020
sammily:

I recommend VGIF managed by investment one. Interest is 7.5% guaranteed. Check my signature for contact to get details or read earlier pages on this thread to read my previous posts on VGIF

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by RayRay06677(m): 6:25pm On Sep 13, 2020
Comeandcollect:

It is a bank that was being promoted by Cubana Chiestfpriest around May 2020 and they use to offer 20k when you open account with them. They are a microfinance bank and the fixed deposit rates arre ;
30-60 days - 8.5 %
61 - 90 days - 9.0 %
Up to 180 days - 11 %
Up to 365 days - 14 %
They said they are backed by NDIC. I'm not sure how much cover that gives an investor if they default in paying customers, i think the discussion here a few days ago mentioned N500k, someone should correct or confirm this.

Sorry to say this: in my head they seems irresponsible, also in my head it seems they are recycling drug proceeds. All in my head oooo, let the gurus advice.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Grupo(m): 7:59pm On Sep 13, 2020
Eddee:

Stay with Stanbic Asset Managers, it's very easy to keep track of your portfolio especially if you're always on the move (and invest in more than one offering, plan or instrument). Better app interface, more responsive customer care and besides less queues at physical branches in the event that sh*t hits the fan and you want to redeem more than the limit allowable online.

Did I forget to mention that redemption requests are processed faster than Zenith. I use both, had to diversify my small portfolio a while back, in retrospect I should have kept everything with Stanbic.

If I perish, I perish!

Please, how do one invest with bolded?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Eddee(m): 9:10pm On Sep 13, 2020
Grupo:

Please, how do one invest with bolded?

Walk into any Stanbic bank and ask for their relationship/customer care reps to seek further guidance.

Or preferably - go through this link https://www.stanbicibtcassetmanagement.com/

Since, this is a learning curve for you - start with the most risk-averse

https://www.stanbicibtcassetmanagement.com/nigeriaassetmanagement/individual-investor/products-and-services/mutual-funds/Stanbic-IBTC-Money-Market-Fund

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Grupo(m): 9:12pm On Sep 13, 2020
Eddee:

Walk into any Stanbic bank and ask for their relationship/customer care reps to seek further guidance.

Or preferably - go through this link https://www.stanbicibtcassetmanagement.com/

Since, this is a learning curve for you - start with the most risk-averse

https://www.stanbicibtcassetmanagement.com/nigeriaassetmanagement/individual-investor/products-and-services/mutual-funds/Stanbic-IBTC-Money-Market-Fund

Thanks for responding.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:36pm On Sep 13, 2020
emmasoft:

I recommend VGIF managed by investment one. Interest is 7.5% guaranteed. Check my signature for contact to get details or read earlier pages on this thread to read my previous posts on VGIF
Sir, is this 7.5% really guaranteed or just a target return? Guarantee funds typically guarantee capital and not returns so can you please let me know how this is different? If the returns are guaranteed, is this written in the fund document? Also, what are the fund’s expense ratio and management fees? Are the target/guaranteed returns net of the fees? Or will the fees be deducted from the returns?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmasoft(m): 9:40pm On Sep 13, 2020
Lazyyouth4u:

Sir, is this 7.5% really guaranteed or just a target return? Guarantee funds typically guarantee capital and not returns so can you please let me know how this is different? If the returns are guaranteed, is this written in the fund document? Also, what are the fund’s expense ratio and management fees? Are the target/guaranteed returns net of the fees? Or will the fees be deducted from the returns?

VGIF though is in the fixed income category, it's structured uniquely.
The 7.5% returns is really guaranteed it's one of the unique features.

I can tell you categorically that in VGIF your capital and interest is guaranteed/secured it's the nature of the fund.
It's a unique form of mutual fund that guaranteed interest. it's not daily valued like others but bench marked with SDF (standard deposit facility) which is currently 7.5%.
Another unique feature is that any gain of the fund above the bench marked interest is shared among the investors.
The investors stand a chance of getting 35% of the extra gain of the fund.
Apart from being a sales rep I have run it for about six years and no regret.

VGIF Fund Fact
Minimum Subscription: N50,000 Additional investment can be made in multiples of N1.00
Fund Objective: To provide capital preservation and a stream of guaranteed income
Financial Year End: December
Fund Category: Fixed Income
Asset Classes: Money Market, Fixed Income and Equities
Fund Manager: Investment One Funds Management Limited
(A subsidiary of Investment One Financial Services Limited)
Fund Trustees: FBNQUEST Trustees
Fund Custodian: Citibank Nigeria Limited.
Fund Registrars: Investment One Funds Management Limited
Nominees: Stanbic IBTC Nominees Limited
Bank: Citi Bank Nigeria Ltd
Bank Account Name: FBNQUEST TRUSTEES/ VANTAGE GUARANTEED INCOME FUND
A/C NO: 0012706049
Features Benefits
VGIF offers a guaranteed return which is benchmarked against SDF (Standard Deposit Facility)
Returns are paid in January and July.
The return on investment is not subject to withholding tax.
Investors may also earn an additional yield equal to 35% of the net income of the Fund
The investment can be used as collateral for loan from banks.

From the fact of the fund,
The fund manager gets paid out of the excess gain of the fund and its shared as stated
35% for investors
15% reserved
50% for all the various fees (Trustees, custodian and others) that make up the expense ratio.
Over the years the excess above the SDF is in the range of 4% sometimes slightly less or more.
Whatever now accrued to the fund manager each year now depends on what that percentage translate to in terms of real figures.
This is a win win case because the fund manager have to work hard to make sure there is excess since that is where their fees comes from.
The investor on the other hand already has a Guaranteed rate which is not affected by the performance of the fund in anyway.

To open account and help my ministry, click on the link on my signature. Everything is done online. You can call/chat 08181057319 if you need more clarifications.
I can also send you my voice notes for you to listen and make informed decisions.

N.B: Investment one will never ask for cash to open any of the products account.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:48pm On Sep 13, 2020
It is 200k per deposit that is insured by the NDIC for micro finance banks. MFBs are very risky institutions to keep money in so one has to be very careful and carry out thorough due diligence before keeping money with them. In 2018, CBN revoked the licenses of over 150 failed MFBs. I personally wouldn’t keep money in an MFB.
Comeandcollect:

It is a bank that was being promoted by Cubana Chiestfpriest around May 2020 and they use to offer 20k when you open account with them. They are a microfinance bank and the fixed deposit rates arre ;
30-60 days - 8.5 %
61 - 90 days - 9.0 %
Up to 180 days - 11 %
Up to 365 days - 14 %
They said they are backed by NDIC. I'm not sure how much cover that gives an investor if they default in paying customers, i think the discussion here a few days ago mentioned N500k, someone should correct or confirm this.

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Boyhood: 10:25pm On Sep 13, 2020
Lazyyouth4u:
It is 200k per deposit that is guaranteed insured by the NDIC for micro finance banks. MFBs are very risky institutions to keep money at so one has to be very careful and carry out thorough due diligence before keeping money with them. In 2018, CBN revoked the licenses of over 150 failed MFBs. I personally wouldn’t keep money in an MFB.
You have been using the word guaranteed in place of insurance or interchangeably in your previous comments and at times it doesn't go with the context thus distorting the message you are trying to pass
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:30pm On Sep 13, 2020
Fair point. Just thought to make it easier for people to understand. At the end of the day, NDIC insurance guarantees that depositors will not lose the insured funds smiley
Boyhood:

You have been using the word guaranteed in place of insurance or interchangeably in your previous comments and at times it doesn't go with the context thus distorting the message you are trying to pass
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by henifri: 11:22pm On Sep 13, 2020
How did he learn the hard way? Please explain more
Lazyyouth4u:

Impossible sir. With 22 banks in Naija, only 11 million is guaranteed. The rest can be lost any time. Jay jay Okocha learnt this the hard way grin. Risk averse billionaires mitigate this risk by keeping their money in foreign banks, even with the 0.5% interest they earn.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:22am On Sep 14, 2020
henifri:
How did he learn the hard way? Please explain more
Jay jay lost the equivalent of 4million pounds in Societe General Bank in the early 2000s when the bank failed. This was prior to the consolidation that occurred in the Nigerian banking sector in 2005.
It is highly unlikely that this will ever happen in Nigeria again except something catastrophic crashes the entire banking sector. So there is nothing to worry about.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Thisnut(m): 8:16am On Sep 14, 2020
in 2014, Alinko Dangote was worth about 25b usd and was among the 23 world richest . This Buhari administration has really eating out brother deep. Thus far he has lost about 67.6% of his networth

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Philantropists: 8:45am On Sep 14, 2020
Okocha didnt lose money, société generale is still active up till today as an entity. It was the société general who received neymars transfer fee of €222 million euros a few years ago.

Lazyyouth4u:

Jay jay lost the equivalent of 4million pounds in Societe General Bank in the early 2000s when the bank failed. This was prior to the bank consolidation in the sector that occurred in 2005.
It is highly unlikely that this will ever happen in Nigeria again except something catastrophic crashes the entire banking sector. So there is nothing to worry about.

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Wickedfact: 9:15am On Sep 14, 2020
Philantropists:

Okocha didnt lose money, société generale is still active up till today as an entity. It was the société general who received neymars transfer fee of €222 million euros a few years ago.

Please, don't argue this. It makes you look really ignorant.

4 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 9:33am On Sep 14, 2020
Philantropists:

Sarakis were the major shareholder of Societe Generale Bank in Nigeria.

Bukola Saraki was the CEO of the bank before he became the governor of Kwara State.

Bukola Saraki convinced Okocha to deposit money in his bank and offered him more then the industrial average interest rates.

Be careful of banks that offer you interest rates that are far higher than the average rates

A microfinance bank is currently offering 14% on fixed deposit

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Philantropists: 10:04am On Sep 14, 2020
Société General is well established in Europe, they are one of the strongest banks. No Nigerian banking with Société General Europe has ever lost a dime.

Wickedfact:

Please, don't argue this. It makes you look really ignorant.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Wickedfact: 10:10am On Sep 14, 2020
Philantropists:
Société General is well established in Europe, they are one of the strongest banks. No Nigerian banking with Société General Europe has ever lost a dime.

They said Société Generale and they said consolidation exercise of 2005. Even if you are ignorant of the fact that there was a bank called Société Generale in Nigeria and they didn't mention Nigeria, was there consolidation exercise in Europe in 2005?
Try to dey add 1 plus 1 before posting now. Don't just be looking for argument where there is none.

13 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (1539) (1540) (1541) (1542) (1543) (1544) (1545) ... (2228) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.