Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,369 members, 7,836,491 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 08:45 AM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (1598) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4467892 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1595) (1596) (1597) (1598) (1599) (1600) (1601) ... (2234) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by freeman67: 6:15am On Oct 14, 2020
Sholapey:
#ENDSARSNOW

Hmmm even at the stage of endsars protest people are still marketing products.

Back then skin tights use to be a form of underwear for women but now things have changed.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by maishai: 6:21am On Oct 14, 2020
Wickedtruths:

How does this relate with your initial post which I replied to? Are you sure your mental settings are up to date?

My dear don't let Nigeria get u angry,You will only wear urself out and injure urself in the process

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by jedisco(m): 6:41am On Oct 14, 2020
emmanuelewumi:
The year will end in 81 days time, what are the investment mistakes we made in 2020? What are the deals, investments and businesses that made good money for us in 2020?

My investment mistake this year was not going balls deep into bitcoin and Ethereum when the market crashed this year. Had the opportunity to buy BTC at 4.5k and ETH at 120 but just bought a relatively small amount cos I was waiting for it lower and wanted to catch the exact bottom. I knew it was a good opportunity at that price at everything had bottomed out but was greedy in trying to snipe the bottom.

On the flip side, I invested into some agrotech firms earlier this yeah and they all paid the least being 35%. I've been paid out on all investments there and stopped reinvesting for now till the dust settles. The profits at least compensated for the naira crash.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ILuvMerije(f): 8:17am On Oct 14, 2020
jedisco:

My investment mistake this year was not going balls deep into bitcoin and Ethereum when the market crashed this year. Had the opportunity to buy BTC at 4.5k and ETH at 120 but just bought a relatively small amount cos I was waiting for it lower and wanted to catch the exact bottom. I knew it was a good opportunity at that price at everything had bottomed out but was greedy in trying to snipe the bottom.

On the flip side, I invested into some agrotech firms earlier this yeah and they all paid the least being 35%. I've been paid out on all investments there and stopped reinvesting for now till the dust settles. The profits at least compensated for the naira crash.

Please, can you enlighten us on investing in agrotech firms? Thank you

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Aquilapriscilla: 9:10am On Oct 14, 2020
ILuvMerije:

cheesy grin
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 9:37am On Oct 14, 2020
ILuvMerije:

Be very careful, it has a high probability of ending in tears

5 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:49am On Oct 14, 2020
freeman67:

Hmmm even at the stage of endears protest people are still marketing products.

Back then skin tights use to be a form of underwear for women but now things have changed.
Can you imagine? lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by afroxyz: 10:01am On Oct 14, 2020
DexterousOne:

This is very unfortunate
Coming from a supposed young Nigerian

Very unfortunate

Highly unfortunate. The people saying that government should take decisive action against protesters are only thinking because of their pockets. A country that is in comatose in all sectors and people are voicing their opinions, yet someone is talking about foreign investors leaving and naira falling. Saboteurs

17 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by OgogoroFreak(m): 10:05am On Oct 14, 2020
freeman67:

Hmmm even at the stage of endears protest people are still marketing products.

what's endears protest? Why do those ones want ears to end??
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by DexterousOne(m): 10:06am On Oct 14, 2020
tumababa:

in as much as i dont agree with the writer, your points also indirectly supports the writers opinion. For example, note the foods the writer talked about. they are all locally produced. he/she never mentioned bread or wheat or flour. what he is saying is if we all decide to buy only foods/products fully made from local ingredients, our values will improve. meaning eat only garri, beans, yam, palmoil, nigerian fruits etc. not rice (cos u need to import the machines), bread, butter, canola oil, strawberry, apple, spaghetti etc. grin grin grin grin

This is even more reason why the writer wrote bullocks undecided
There is NO COUNTRY that can implement what you are suggesting
Especially for a country as big as Nigeria

Nigeria imports a lot of essential inputs
And by implication
The forex situation is VERY IMPORTANT

That's the fact in the ground
One of the kay fundamental underpins of a functioning economy is CHOICE

What this suggests is anti choice
And it kills economies

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by jdi4: 11:23am On Oct 14, 2020
You can outsource your company's accounting functions to me.

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Wilfredowen019: 12:35pm On Oct 14, 2020
Iogobenz:
I don't own/run an organisation.
I run a one man trading business.
Good day, Sir.
I sent you an email. Let's talk, Please.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Iogobenz(m): 1:09pm On Oct 14, 2020
Wilfredowen019:

Good day, Sir.
I sent you an email. Let's talk, Please.
Okay,I'd respond when I settle.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by freeman67: 1:53pm On Oct 14, 2020
OgogoroFreak:
what's endears protest? Why do those ones want ears to end??

Sorry, that's a typographical error. My phone made that happen.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Wilfredowen019: 2:27pm On Oct 14, 2020
Iogobenz:
Okay,I'd respond when I settle.
Okay, Sir.
Thank you!
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Iogobenz(m): 3:05pm On Oct 14, 2020
Wilfredowen019:

Okay, Sir.
Thank you!
replied.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by DexterousOne(m): 6:19pm On Oct 14, 2020
maishai:
With all that is happening in the country, nobody has the right to call China a repressive regime for locking out goggle Facebook WhatsApp and Instagram.....
same tools that dealt a tough blow to previous regime.......The talk of shutting down the internet is pure thrash as our leaders are just puppets of Chattam house and Washington......

Whatever is happening today is a carefully written script that would culminate in the installation of the next president........and the directors are watching back stage to make sure all goes well

I thank God for Covid that shut down our higher institutions, I can imagine the number of casualties that would have popped out....,

"NEVER EVER BE A PAWN ".......

From what you just wrote
You probably do not understand in full the role the Chinese government and China play for the business class
You dont know that the Chinese Government is also a puppet of the global hegemonic corporations?

If in doubt
Let the Chinese government try them
And let's see whether they wont be ousted.

They are serving the purpose that the hegemony want them to serve : Setting up china as a wealth extracting machine for corporations.

So keeping the Chinese as zombies is in line with their objectives
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by dipoolowoo: 7:23pm On Oct 14, 2020
CBN Sells 91-day, 182-Day Treasury Bills at 1%, 364-Day at 2%
https://businesspost.ng/economy/cbn-sells-91-day-182-day-treasury-bills-at-1-364-day-at-2/
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 7:28pm On Oct 14, 2020
dipoolowoo:
https://businesspost.ng/economy/cbn-sells-91-day-182-day-treasury-bills-at-1-364-day-at-2/
wonderful......500bn chasing 1 percent....

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by OgogoroFreak(m): 7:51pm On Oct 14, 2020
dipoolowoo:
This is mockery grin

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by DexterousOne(m): 8:06pm On Oct 14, 2020
dipoolowoo:

For those who ask why we dont discuss treasury bills matter again.....

This is why undecided

Imagine Nigeria's rate near the US rate
Is that not madness

4 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ultron12345: 8:12pm On Oct 14, 2020
This is why support china's stance against western democracy and foreign owned social media.

If Obasanjo listened to the oshiomole-led labour union protests against the privatization of nitel and the liberalization of Telecoms, we would not have this wonderful telecoms industry today.

I supported these protests at the beginning but not any longer.

As you're ranting that you have a constitutional right to protest, do you not know that others also have constitutional rights not to associate with your protest and constitutional rights to movement for their legitimate economic activities. Why then are you blocking the road and ostracizing anyone that doesn't support your position.

As far as I'm concerned, the president's announcement rendered all further protests illegitimate.

You can't just be protesting forever. There has to be dialogue. After the IGP and president announced the disbandment of sars, the IGP went further to announce that all sars operatives have being recalled to force headquarters where they will be investigated, undergo tests etc. He agreed to your 5of5. He has released all protesters arrested. He agreed to allow Davido setup an independent panel to oversee the reforms. He also announced that a new tactical squad SWAT has being established to take over the activities of sars and training will begin in one week. He said they won't check phones, no former sars member will be recruited into the new SWAT. Then the next thing we here is, EndSWAT

What exactly is your problem? Should we not have tactical unit against armed robbery again. Is the solution to bad leadership, no leadership? You want to give armed robbers free chance to operate? You should have said EndPolice, EndSecurity instead of just EndSars

What we should be seeing at this point after the IGP's announcement is dialogue between the government and representatives of the protesters. Both sides must be ready to be reasonable and ready to make concessions. If after all this, the government still refuses to make any changes, then you can return to the streets. But no, they said they don't want to have any representatives, that they will continue protesting forever. Even the Hong Kong protests have leaders that if the government wants to negotiate, they know who to call.

Again, there are democratic ways to channel these demands. Since the protesters believe they have the numbers, why don't they start recalling their people in the legislature. The constituency of the speaker of the house of reps is Surulere Lagos where the protests are hottest. Threaten to recall him if they don't pass necessary laws to fix police brutality. If they don't, recall the speaker. Only the fear will push the rest to pass the laws before they're recalled by their people.

Another thing is that most of the twitter influencers, adding salt and maggi to the protests, firing up the protesters, preaching about how the protesters must go back and never back down, are not even in Nigeria. One Nigerian doctor in the UK and another Dipo something in the UK. The UK based Dipo was even invited to a zoom meeting held yesterday between the CBN governor, dangote, elumelu and other influential protesters, to show you how influential he is concerning the protests. If these protests lead to chaos, they will be there safe in the UK while the ones here that have refused to be sensible will be the ones to pay the price.

Some are even already throwing jokes about war in Nigeria on twitter and how they cant wait for it and many are laughing. I just shake my head. If only they have seen war.

Now that the protesters have shown that they're are not reasonable and even having clashes with thugs, I believe full military force is justified, before this thing leads to Civil War. If they don't agree to take a break and dialogue like any reasonable person should, then roll out the tanks and guns and we can redact Tiananmen Square here in Nigeria. Or better still, before this leads to war, the military should stage a bloodless coup and take over. Hopefully, whoever is head of state will accept his limited knowledge and appoint experts in various sectors to head their sectors. Appoint people like Soludo or Rewane or NOI to run the economy and not just any economically-illiterate General or Field Marshall. A military dictatorship achieving double digit economic growth annually won't be a bad thing. China won't interfere, and as long as China doesn't interfere, Trump's US won't also be bothered. ECOWAS and AU can do absolutely nothing to Nigeria. Only likely sanctions will be from the UK and EU, and Nigeria can withstand such sanctions.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ultron12345: 8:17pm On Oct 14, 2020
ultron12345:
This is why support china's stance against western democracy and foreign owned social media.

If Obasanjo listened to the oshiomole-led labour union protests against the privatization of nitel and the liberalization of Telecoms, we would not have this wonderful telecoms industry today.

As you're ranting that you have a constitutional right to protest, do you not know that others also have constitutional rights not to associate with your protest and constitutional rights to movement for their legitimate economic activities. Why then are you blocking the road and ostracizing anyone that doesn't support your position.

As far as I'm concerned, the president's announcement rendered all further protests illegitimate.

You can't just be protesting forever. There has to be dialogue. After the IGP and president announced the disbandment of sars, the IGP went further to announce that all sars operatives have being recalled to force headquarters where they will be investigated, undergo tests etc. He also announced that a new tactical squad SWAT has being established to take over the activities of sars and training will begin in one week. Then the next thing we here is, EndSWAT

What exactly is your problem? Should we not have tactical unit against armed robbery again. Is the solution to bad leadership, no leadership? You want to give armed robbers free chance to operate? You should have said EndPolice, EndSecurity instead of just EndSars

What we should be seeing at this point after the IGP's announcement is dialogue between the government and representatives of the protesters. Both sides must be ready to be reasonable and ready to make concessions. If after all this, the government still refuses to make any changes, then you can return to the streets. But no, they said they don't want to have any representatives, that they will continue protesting forever. Even the Hong Kong protests have leaders that if the government wants to negotiate, they know who to call.

The IGP again just announced that SWAT will not patrol, sill not check phones, will not accept any staff from the disbanded sars, yet they are still preparing for protest tomorrow. For what?

Again, there are democratic ways to channel these demands. Since the protesters believe they have the numbers, why don't they start recalling their people in the legislature. The constituency of the speaker of the house of reps is Surulere Lagos where the protests are hottest. Threaten to recall him if they don't pass necessary laws to fix police brutality. If they don't, recall the speaker. Only the fear will push the rest to pass the laws before they're recalled by their people.

Another thing is that most of the twitter influencers, adding salt and maggi to the protests, firing up the protesters, preaching about how the protesters must go back and never back down, are not even in Nigeria. One Nigerian doctor in the UK and another Dipo something in the UK. The UK based Dipo was even invited to a zoom meeting held yesterday between the CBN governor, dangote, elumelu and other influential protesters, to show you how influential he is concerning the protests. If these protests lead to chaos, they will be there safe in the UK while the ones here that have refused to be sensible will be the ones to pay the price.

Some are even already throwing jokes about war in Nigeria on twitter and how they cant wait for it and many are laughing. I just shake my head. If only they have seen war.

Now that the protesters have shown that they're are not reasonable and even having clashes with thugs, I believe full military force is justified, before this thing leads to Civil War. If they don't agree to take a break and dialogue like any reasonable person should, then we can redact Tiananmen Square here in Nigeria. Or better still, before this leads to war, the military should stage a bloodless coup and take over. Hopefully, whoever is head of state will accept his limited knowledge and appoint experts in various sectors to head their sectors. Appoint people like Soludo or Rewane or NOI to run the economy and not just any economically-illiterate General or Field Marshall. A military dictatorship achieving double digit economic growth annually won't be a bad thing. China won't interfere, and as long as China doesn't interfere, Trump's US won't also be bothered. ECOWAS and AU can do absolutely nothing to Nigeria. Only likely sanctions will be from the UK and EU, and Nigeria can withstand such sanctions.

Another scary thing is the funding for the protests. If funding was just from within the country, I wont be concerned, but I am particularly scared about the funding coming from outside the country (over N35Million now). Even yesterday, the flutterwave account was said to be shut down by the cbn (which later turned out to be false, it was temporarily suspended by the company's chairman due to suspicious activity) and they continued accepting donations by bitcoin and crypto, boasting that they are untraceable and the CBN cannot control these.

It made me think to myself, so this is how foreign actors, enemies, foreign terrorist groups will freely fund movements that can tip this country into turmoil.

I can imagine the joy going on at the Elysee Palace in Paris. France's biggest geopolitical foe is on the brink of chaos. They tried weakening Nigeria by breaking it up during the civil war and failed. They have another opportunity now, to destroy Nigeria finally and be the major uncontested power in West Africa. It's inconceivable that French intelligence will not be looking to take advantage of this situation. They might already be part of those providing funds to keep these protests going.

You see why China will never all social media or cryptourrency that they can't regulate.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Grupo(m): 9:01pm On Oct 14, 2020
ultron12345:

You can't just be protesting forever. There has to be dialogue. After the IGP and president announced the disbandment of sars, the IGP went further to announce that all sars operatives have being recalled to force headquarters where they will be investigated, undergo tests etc. He agreed to allow Davido setup an independent panel to oversee the reforms. He also announced that a new tactical squad SWAT has being established to take over the activities of sars and training will begin in one week. Then the next thing we here is, EndSWAT

The IGP again just announced that SWAT will not patrol, sill not check phones, will not accept any staff from the disbanded sars, yet they are still preparing for protest tomorrow. For what?

Now that the protesters have shown that they're are not reasonable and even having clashes with thugs, I believe full military force is justified, before this thing leads to Civil War. If they don't agree to take a break and dialogue like any reasonable person should, then roll out the tanks and guns and we can redact Tiananmen Square here in Nigeria. Or better still, before this leads to war, the military should stage a bloodless coup and take over. Hopefully, whoever is head of state will accept his limited knowledge and appoint experts in various sectors to head their sectors. Appoint people like Soludo or Rewane or NOI to run the economy and not just any economically-illiterate General or Field Marshall. A military dictatorship achieving double digit economic growth annually won't be a bad thing. China won't interfere, and as long as China doesn't interfere, Trump's US won't also be bothered. ECOWAS and AU can do absolutely nothing to Nigeria. Only likely sanctions will be from the UK and EU, and Nigeria can withstand such sanctions.

This long epistle you typed here doesn't make sense and should be deleted.

If the government has truly dissolved SARS, why are they sponsoring armed thugs to disrupt the protests?

Why are they also empowering the same police officers to shoot at protesters?

You appear to be among the older generation that put us in this mess. So I don't really blame you.

No one is saying we shouldn't have a tactical unit in the force.

But when such a unit derails from its purpose and becomes the problem it was meant to solve, then it must be dissolved.

When was the last time you heard that Sars accosted armed robbers? Now, compare that to the number of times they have killed innocent young people for merely looking good. Have you seen the problem now?

For your information, this should be about the fourth or fifth time that the government has either disbanded or dissolved Sars. So we are not falling for that old trick anymore.

As for the funding, no external entity is trying to break up your beloved country. I wonder why many of you folks are afraid of break up though.

That 35 million was donated by young Nigerians home and abroad who have gotten tired of the whole nonsense.

The government better take concrete and decisive actions, show that they are actually committing efforts to meet the demands of the youths before this escalates further.

Note: if the government is not careful, this may not end well. Remember, many young people are either unemployed or underemployed. Others are students. They have free time and can be willing tools.

Not to mention that they are fed up with a country that has given them literally nothing but has continued to push endless responsibilities on them.

23 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Ibrahim505(m): 9:37pm On Oct 14, 2020
ultron12345:

Another scary thing is the funding for the protests. If funding was just from within the country, I wont be concerned, but I am particularly scared about the funding coming from outside the country (over N35Million now). Even yesterday, the flutterwave account was said to be shut down by the cbn (which later turned out to be false, it was temporarily suspended by the company's chairman due to suspicious activity) and they continued accepting donations by bitcoin and crypto, boasting that they are untraceable and the CBN cannot control these.

It made me think to myself, so this is how foreign actors, enemies, foreign terrorist groups will freely fund movements that can tip this country into turmoil.

I can imagine the joy going on at the Elysee Palace in Paris. France's biggest geopolitical foe is on the brink of chaos. They tried weakening Nigeria by breaking it up during the civil war and failed. They have another opportunity now, to destroy Nigeria finally and be the major uncontested power in West Africa. It's inconceivable that French intelligence will not be looking to take advantage of this situation. They might already be part of those providing funds to keep these protests going.

You see why China will never all social media or cryptourrency that they can't regulate.
You always reason based on research, careful observation and the obvious facts. I always reads every sentence of your contribution thanks to your wisdom and better use of knowledge. The only two other contributors with similar qualities are ahiboilandgas (experienced businessman ) and Emmanuelewunmi (fundamental stock investor).
The thread would be more educative with less noise if contributors like Dexterity, logobenz and lazynigerianyouth relocates to the reader section as their meaningless contributions was always baseless arguments thereby polluting the thread.

7 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Ikjosh04: 9:44pm On Oct 14, 2020
Grupo:

This long epistle you typed here doesn't make sense and should be deleted.

If the government has truly dissolved SARS, why are they sponsoring armed thugs to disrupt the protests?

Why are they also empowering the same police officers to shoot at protesters?

You appear to be among the older generation that put us in this mess. So I don't really blame you.

No one is saying we shouldn't have a tactical unit in the force.

But when such a unit derails from its purpose and becomes the problem it was meant to solve, then it must be dissolved.

When was the last time you heard that Sars accosted armed robbers? Now, compare that to the number of times they have killed innocent young people for merely looking good. Have you seen the problem now?

For your information, this should be about the fourth or fifth time that the government has either disbanded or dissolved Sars. So we are not falling for that old trick anymore.

As for the funding, no external entity is trying to break up your beloved country. I wonder why many of you folks are afraid of break up though.

That 35 million was donated by young Nigerians home and abroad who have gotten tired of the whole nonsense.

The government better take concrete and decisive actions, show that they are actually committing efforts to meet the demands of the youths before this escalates further.

Note: if the government is not careful, this may not end well. Remember, many young people are either unemployed or underemployed. Others are students. They have free time and can be willing tools.

Not to mention that they are fed up with a country that has given them literally nothing but has continued to push endless responsibilities on them.

Thank you my brother!

Ultron12345 is a very funny person.

The flutterwave account was shutdown because of suspicious activity undecided What manner of fuckery is that? We're olodo abi?

What's suspicious about crowdfunding an account when no be scam or money laundering.

You should understand this has gone beyond #ENDSARS.

We are protesting for a good Nigeria and accountability from our leaders.

We're tired of suffering!!

I have a lot to write but I'm exhausted.

14 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:16pm On Oct 14, 2020
What's their job? undecided

7 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Iogobenz(m): 11:19pm On Oct 14, 2020
Ikjosh04:

Thank you my brother!

Ultron12345 is a very funny person.

The flutterwave account was shutdown because of suspicious activity undecided What manner of fuckery is that? We're olodo abi?

What's suspicious about crowdfunding an account when no be scam or money laundering.

You should understand this has gone beyond #ENDSARS.

We are protesting for a good Nigeria and accountability from our leaders.

We're tired of suffering!!

I have a lot to write but I'm exhausted.

Joblessness!spits undecided

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Olaide1295: 11:22pm On Oct 14, 2020
Nigerians donated to the cause. Not any foreign body, no propaganda please.
I personally donated to the cause.

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Iogobenz(m): 11:25pm On Oct 14, 2020
Olaide1295:
Nigerians donated to the cause. Not any foreign body, no propaganda please.
I personally donated to the cause.
What exactly were you funding if I may ask?
This same money can be used to purchase weapons to turn this country upside down.
Also,you lots have opened the floor for Arab extremist,Europeans and war profiteers to also fund terrorism.
Why una dull like this?
Buhari is being incompetent right now,else now is the time to show military might and gallantry,come on!
No fuçking negotiations since as no one can effectively negotiate with terrorists.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Iogobenz(m): 11:27pm On Oct 14, 2020
Make them switch Buhari with Paul Biya for a day abeg,whether this nonsense no go end in 2hrs.
Them no born your papa well to try this with Popo.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1595) (1596) (1597) (1598) (1599) (1600) (1601) ... (2234) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

Viewing this topic: Digitron and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 107
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.