Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,305 members, 7,836,330 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:05 AM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (1599) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4467503 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1596) (1597) (1598) (1599) (1600) (1601) (1602) ... (2234) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Olaide1295: 11:34pm On Oct 14, 2020
Iogobenz:
What exactly were you funding if I may ask?
This same money can be used to purchase weapons to turn this country upside down.
Also,you lots have opened the floor for Arab extremist,Europeans and war profiteers to also fund terrorism.
Why una dull like this?
Buhari is being incompetent right now,else now is the time to show military might and gallantry,come on!
No fuçking negotiations since as no one can effectively negotiate with terrorists.

I am funding to support the family of Jimoh Isiaq, the boy that was killed unjustly by the Police.
I am funding to provide food for the people who leave the comfort of their houses to stage a peaceful protest against a lawless police unit.
I am funding for a better future and so that I don't get killed tomorrow for being a young man who has an iPhone

I pay Millions in taxes to Lagos state Government, i think i deserve to be safe.

You ask why I am dull? Can we have an objective discussion please. Leave my "dullness" out of this

19 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Olaide1295: 11:48pm On Oct 14, 2020
The CEO of Twitter, Jack Dorsey just tweeted support for the EndSars cause.

https://www.channelstv.com/2020/10/14/twitter-ceo-jack-dorsey-backs-nigerias-endsars-protest-calls-for-bitcoin-donations/

Truthfully, SARS has been disbanded, the protests will die a natural death once Police stops shooting.
Else, it becomes a national movement, may get violent and could cause civil unrest.

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Iogobenz(m): 11:50pm On Oct 14, 2020
Olaide1295:

I am funding to support the family of Jimoh Isiaq, the boy that was killed unjustly by the Police.
I am funding to provide food for the people who leave the comfort of their houses to stage a peaceful protest against a lawless police unit.
I am funding for a better future and so that I don't get killed tomorrow for being a young man who has an iPhone

I pay Millions in taxes to Lagos state Government, i think i deserve to be safe.

You ask why I am dull? Can we have an objective discussion please. Leave my "dullness" out of this
I also pay millions in taxes in the form of duties and all what not and I am sure there are plenty of people who also pay millions in taxes you and your protesters are disturbing from doing their legit businesses,when funny enough all demands have been met.why protest again and fund terrorism?
How sure are you that the funds meant for that Ibadan based guy that died in the protest is going to get to him?
I mean anyone can easily divert it to buy weapons instead. undecided

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Iogobenz(m): 11:54pm On Oct 14, 2020
Olaide1295 post=94950300:
The CEO of Twitter, Jack Dorsey just tweeted support for the EndSars cause.

https://www.channelstv.com/2020/10/14/twitter-ceo-jack-dorsey-backs-nigerias-endsars-protest-calls-for-bitcoin-donations/

Truthfully, SARS has been disbanded, the protests will die a natural death once Police stops shooting.
Else, it becomes a national movement, may get violent and could cause civil unrest.
The bolded is all business for him.
More black monkeys get to USE TWITTER to retweet na,how hard can that be to understand? undecided
Is it not his platform again?
Why won't he capitalise on anything that generates traffic for it?You just gave him free content to make people want to use Twitter or need twitter.
You think Jack Dorsey cares about your black arse?
The naivety of this EndSARS people.
I'm off to bed abeg.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by DexterousOne(m): 11:54pm On Oct 14, 2020
Iogobenz:
Make them switch Buhari with Paul Biya for a day abeg,whether this nonsense no go end in 2hrs.
Them no born your papa well to try this with Popo.
Iogobenz:
What exactly were you funding if I may ask?
This same money can be used to purchase weapons to turn this country upside down.
Also,you lots have opened the floor for Arab extremist,Europeans and war profiteers to also fund terrorism.
Why una dull like this?
Buhari is being incompetent right now,else now is the time to show military might and gallantry,come on!
No fuçking negotiations since as no one can effectively negotiate with terrorists.

I'm gonna say this in the most polite way I can.........

You LACK wisdom.
Plain and simple

I hate to say this, but I have to.

23 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Olaide1295: 12:05am On Oct 15, 2020
Iogobenz:
I also pay millions in taxes in the form of duties and all what not and I am sure there are plenty of people who also pay millions in taxes you and your protesters are disturbing from doing their legit businesses,when funny enough all demands have been met.why protest again and fund terrorism?
How sure are you that the funds meant for that Ibadan based guy that died in the protest is going to get to him?

Those people being blocked from going about their business stay hours in traffic everyday. So nothing new. I saw many of them hailing protesters as they pass. Protests are temporary but you prefer to leave a government that can make permanent changes be.

The breakdown of how the monies are spent is being transparently shared everyday and I saw video of the parents of the Ibadan based guy appreciating the token. I also saw people being fed with the money. Its more judiciously spent than my taxes which is embezzled by politicians and use to "re-absorb" former Boko-haram terrorists.

Flutterwave, a business that got license from the CBN use the small donations to buy weapons??
And then the customs officers let it come in? Dead this terrorism talk abeg. People know what they are protesting for.

7 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by richforever123: 12:24am On Oct 15, 2020
Iogobenz:

All taxes that are being diverted for personal use rather than funding the development of our country, all you care about is yourself and your money

8 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by richforever123: 12:28am On Oct 15, 2020

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by 9jatriot(m): 1:44am On Oct 15, 2020
Apparently, some of you just want anarchy.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by richforever123: 2:25am On Oct 15, 2020
Iogobenz:
More black monkeys get to USE TWITTER to retweet na,how hard can that be to understand? undecided
Why won't he capitalise on anything that generates traffic for it?You just gave him free content to make people want to use Twitter or need twitter.
I'm off to bed abeg.

Mind you, if Soldiers are brought in an protestants are killed, then that is the end of Government, International bodies are watching and will intervene, millions of Nigerians will come out and fight, they outnumber the military 100 to 1, we say our president is cold hearted, but yours is another level, thank God we don't have your type in the Government office

10 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by XiaoLi: 2:37am On Oct 15, 2020
Please give me the link to donate, some Nigerians that think they can afford three square meals will think that they have arrived not minding that there are millions out there who can barely afford a plate of food, we export crude oil and import the finished product..impunities everywhere..Change is long overdue in Nigeria!!
Olaide1295:
Nigerians donated to the cause. Not any foreign body, no propaganda please.
I personally donated to the cause.

14 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by XiaoLi: 2:50am On Oct 15, 2020
This mentality is why Nigeria is where it is today.
9jatriot:
Apparently, some of you just want anarchy.

5 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by XiaoLi: 3:00am On Oct 15, 2020
Most middle class and rich Nigerians are self centered, i understand one thing about those who are against this protest..it's all about "my business" "my work" "my investments" e.t.c.

Things will definately change in Nigeria once most people start to understand that "an injsutice to one is an injustice to all"

20 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmaodet: 5:22am On Oct 15, 2020
Iogobenz:
I'm off to bed abeg.

grin
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Wiseoldman: 5:44am On Oct 15, 2020
Iogobenz:
I'm off to bed abeg.

Bros, I need to speak to you in camara. You cannot be speaking like this openly, something must be wrong.

The country has been sitting on a keg of gun powder, so this protest is long over due.

The old men governing us need to know that they are accountable. Examples of impunity are:
1) Jabi motor park leader paid hoodlums to district the protest.
2) The personal doctor/hospital of the nation's president is in the UK.
3) The national leader of the current ruling party got his son waiver to fly to UK during the lookdown to give birth in UK. Ask yourself, why is it important for these powerful people to be British citizens.

12 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Iogobenz(m): 5:54am On Oct 15, 2020
richforever123:

Mind you, if Soldiers are brought in an protestants are killed, then that is the end of Government, International bodies are watching and will intervene, millions of Nigerians will come out and fight, they outnumber the military 100 to 1, we say our president is cold hearted, but yours is another level, thank God we don't have your type in the Government office
When they did python dance on Biafra protesters,why didn't the international community come in to tell them they can't?
You cannot just come and fùck up a country's sovereignty and democracy because you think you are white and you know better.
People have started destroying cars already,stabbing people left and right and overdoing things,its only a matter of time before the military comes in.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Iogobenz(m): 5:57am On Oct 15, 2020
XiaoLi:
Please give me the link to donate, some Nigerians that think they can afford three square meals will think that they have arrived not minding that there are millions out there who can barely afford a plate of food, we export crude oil and import the finished product..impunities everywhere..Change is long overdue in Nigeria!!
Me sef dey wait for the link to forward to DSS with multiple screenshots of his moniker and the things he said cool
Make e drop am if e mind reach.
It's like you don't know what it means to be a party to funding unrest in a democracy.
It's very easy,his moniker can be used to trace him to come and answer for circulating such materials and why.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Iogobenz(m): 6:06am On Oct 15, 2020
Wiseoldman:

Bros, I need to speak to you in camara. You cannot be speaking like this openly, something must be wrong.

The country has been sitting on a keg of gun powder, so this protest is long over due.

The old men governing us need to know that they are accountable. Examples of impunity are:
1) Jabi motor park leader paid hoodlums to district the protest.
2) The personal doctor/hospital of the nation's president is in the UK.
3) The national leader of the current ruling party got his son waiver to fly to UK during the lookdown to give birth in UK. Ask yourself, why is it important for these powerful people to be British citizens.

This is simple capitalism ,e get person weh dey hold you not to have your own UK passport or UK doctors?
If you can afford it ,go for it,no one is stopping you.
I see no case here.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Ikjosh04: 6:29am On Oct 15, 2020
New development!

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ultron12345: 6:37am On Oct 15, 2020
Iogobenz:
Make them switch Buhari with Paul Biya for a day abeg,whether this nonsense no go end in 2hrs.
Them no born your papa well to try this with Popo.

Lol... Don't mind them.
At least, these protests have proven that buhari is not a tyrant or dictator as they call him. If he was, he'll have dealt with these protests by now with full brute force and nothing will happen. Even if economic sanctions are placed on Nigeria, it is everyone including the protesters that will suffer it. Their UK-based influencers busy fanning the embers of war won't be affected, they'll just laugh and move on with their lives. They should try this rubbish in countries led by real tyrants like their favorite Rwanda and let's see what will happen.

By the time these so-called protesters hear the sound of a T-72 tank, they will go home quietly.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by skydiver01: 6:43am On Oct 15, 2020
Logobenz or whatever you call yourself. You are certainly ''deranged''. If you do not know what that word means, I suggest you look it up. Following which you should go back under the stone/rock your crawled out from or into the cell/prison you were wrongfully allowed out of..

My suggestion to you going forward is this... If you have nothing constructive to say, SHUT THE F**K UP. Silly Nitwit.

Iogobenz:
This is simple capitalism ,e get person weh dey hold you not to have your own UK passport or UK doctors?
If you can afford it ,go for it,no one is stopping you.
I see no case here.

13 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ultron12345: 6:44am On Oct 15, 2020
XiaoLi:
This mentality is why Nigeria is where it is today.

The opposite of that mentality is also why Libya is where it is today.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Tumbulum: 7:16am On Oct 15, 2020
ultron12345:

The opposite of that mentality is also why Libya is where it is today.
yes Libya maybe in turmoil but at least it is no more business as usual for the thieves who were ruling their country. Mind you the Libya scenario can never happen in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Iogobenz(m): 7:23am On Oct 15, 2020
Tumbulum:
yes Libya maybe in turmoil but at least it is no more business as usual for the thieves who were ruling their country. Mind you the Libya scenario can never happen in Nigeria
How do you know this?
Nigeria has a lot of jobless,retarded young people to even be worse than Libya if funds and weapons access gets in the wrong hands.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Ikjosh04: 7:24am On Oct 15, 2020
ultron12345:

Lol... Don't mind them.
At least, these protests have proven that buhari is not a tyrant or dictator as they call him. If he was, he'll have dealt with these protests by now with full brute force and nothing will happen. Even if economic sanctions are placed on Nigeria, it is everyone including the protesters that will suffer it. Their influences in the UK will just laugh and move on with their lives. They should try this rubbish in countries led by real tyrants like their favorite Rwanda and let's see what will happen.

Please sir, i need you and logobenz to FEM

10 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Grupo(m): 7:43am On Oct 15, 2020
Ikjosh04:

Please sir, i need you and logobenz to FEM

Stop replying that ultron man or handle. He's a pro Buhari handle and it's rare to hear sensible things from such people. They often think that protests like this are an indictment of their principal.

All this his talk about arms infiltration and foreign sponsorship is bullocks.

Personally, I think the protests should relax a bit now. To give the youth time to observe if government would follow through wit their promise this time around.

Sadly, I don't think the protest will end today or even tomorrow. The youths have unlocked a power they never knew they had. And as they say, power intoxicates. They have gotten addicted to this momentary frenzy and escape from reality.

12 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Tumbulum: 7:48am On Oct 15, 2020
Iogobenz:
How do you know this?
Nigeria has a lot of jobless,retarded young people to even be worse than Libya if funds and weapons access gets in the wrong hands.
whatever be the case, the status quo just have to end. They keep spilling blood to keep this country together. For how long ?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ultron12345: 7:52am On Oct 15, 2020
Iogobenz:
How do you know this?

Don't mind him. Go and ask the average Libyan if he would prefer to turn back the clock and continue under Gaddafi's rule. They'll say yes. E say no more business as usual.... Lol. Many of them do not know anything about war. They think it is American film and they'll get a chance to act James Bond in real life.

These anarchists are been pushed to go on forever. They are getting free breakfast, lunch, dinner and desert, prepared to televise live EPL matches on Saturday at the protest ground with 2000 cans of Heineken (arranged for by one UK-based Nigerian doctor) already ready at Lekki toll gate, as well as Daystar Church service on Sunday, and all this is funded by unknown, untraceable foreigners. And people can't see where this is leading.

Since they have refused to be reasonable and dialogue about the reforms the IGP has announced including the Davido led independent panel to be setup to monitor these reforms, the government has to step in now and end this decisively. If they are not ready , then a coup should be in line. Before Nigeria's enemies get the war they want.

Many of Nigeria's problems are chickens that we failed to kill when they were chicks. The same way Boko Haram founder was allowed to spread and teach Bin Laden and Al Baghdadi philosophy to children across schools under the guise of freedom of speech, only for the government to act only when he had gathered thousands of followers already. Hopefully, they don't allow this foreign funded unrest to mature into something else.

SarsHasEnded

5 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Iogobenz(m): 7:56am On Oct 15, 2020
Tumbulum:
whatever be the case, the status quo just have to end. They keep spilling blood to keep this country together. For how long ?
And you think there won't be bloodshed when the people take to anarchy?
It's going to be worse.
Lots of women shouting EndSARS now will be raped brutally by the same people they are protesting with now.
Looting,order collapse,chaos,fear,etc...
I have lived in 3 active war zones in my life,so I know these things very well.
Honestly when the carnage starts,I'll be somewhere conducive,eating olives and drinking dom Ruinart while watching same people I am advising now to stop getting killed and maimed from afar and all I'd have to say is "I told you so"...
By all means continue,welldone ehn.. smiley

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Ikjosh04: 7:58am On Oct 15, 2020
Grupo:

Stop replying that ultron man or handle. He's a pro Buhari handle and it's rare to hear sensible things from such people. They often think that protests like this are an indictment of their principal.

Personally, I think the protests should relax a bit now. To give the youth time to observe if government would follow through wit their promise this time around.

Sadly, I don't think the protest will end today or even tomorrow. The youths have unlocked a power they never knew they had. And as they say, power intoxicates. They have gotten addicted to this momentary frenzy and escape from reality.

Ok, i feel same too.

The protest need to stop now but our youths is catching cruise with the protest.

Many youths are students, unemployed or underemployed.

I hope ASUU call off the strike today after a successful meeting they had yesterday with the federal government.

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ultron12345: 8:00am On Oct 15, 2020
Grupo:

I am not pro-buhari or anything. My allegiance is only to Nigeria and what is best for it and not to any individual including buhari. If Buhari does well, I will say it. If he doesn't, I will call him out.

And it seems we even agree sef. Is what you said in your third paragraph not what I have been saying since? That they should cool down now, and allow them government a chance to act while dialoging and negotiating with them. If the government still refuses to take meaningful action after a reasonable period of time, then they can return to the streets. You think people getting intoxicated with "power of protest" is a good thing?

And you really think such protests can't be hijacked by foreign interests abi, especially with this free flow of funding. It's not my fault that you're not aware of similar instances in history. It has happened before in more unlikely situations and can happen again.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 8:07am On Oct 15, 2020
The protest must have vision and mission,I have been attending several of this protests and found out that there are many underlying issues above just reform Sars.....WAR/civil unrest is not good strategy to achieve anything....youth can now channel this new found energy to vote out this old men that have put the Nation in misery via endless looting ,nepotism ,divide and rule tactics...and alway be there as a pressure group to demand that things are done right ....but in getting new young leaders we should be careful not to produce another dino,yahaya bello and co ....the recently remove NANS is an example using benz x class as official car .....the human resource to drive a new Nigeria is not available until the youth also scrap the mentality of wealth without work ,over night riches,fraud etc .....am amazed somebody called yahoo yahoo a business..

12 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (1596) (1597) (1598) (1599) (1600) (1601) (1602) ... (2234) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.